Ideas for Season 3, Brainstorming

Comments

• edited January 2009
    I want to see S+M have to dress up undercover ridiculously like as showgirls or something, if only to hear Max's comments!
  • edited January 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    I want to see S+M have to dress up undercover ridiculously like as showgirls or something, if only to hear Max's comments!

NO. Never, never must Sam be dressed like a showgirl. Or Sailor Moon. Or Gypsy Rose Lee, Austen Powers or Crow T. Robot.
  • edited January 2009
    Ashton wrote: »

I think putting Max in any kind of clothes would disjust and confuse him.
  • edited January 2009
    I think the season should begin with Max having already lost the election to you-know-who-bama, who should only be referred to with phrases such as, as Sam or Max would say, 'the most charismatic guy on the planet since we boiled the last one'.
  • edited January 2009
    I think Superball will return.
    Sybil and Abe will start living in a house or have children. Some mutation perhaps.
    We will see the Beelzebub.
    Soda poppers will return.
    The C.O.P.S can finally pimp your car.
    Ill have more ideas soon.

I know this is going to sound really negative so I'll apologise now... But those aren't ideas for season 4, they’re speculation. Well, the idea that Abe and Sybil will have children is more of an idea than a speculation but the rest is.

This is going to sound even more negative, but you're speculating that the regular characters are going to return. It's like saying "tomorrow I'll wake up, go to the toilet and have something to eat". You'll probably do all 3 of those things but there's a chance you won't.

Characters that seem likely to remain set as 'regulars' include Abe, Sybil, Bosco, 1 or more Stinky, Superball, the C.O.Ps, Jimmy 2 Teeth and (possibly) Harry Moleman.

As for my own ideas, I'd like to see some episodes from the perspective as Max in his role as president rather than his role as a "freelance police" detective. I mean the inside jokes about him being the president are hilarious, it would be nice to see an episode or 2 which focus on this but without it becoming too central to the entire season.
  • edited January 2009
    They've already been to hell in-game, lets see them go to heaven (it's gonna be real hard to get in, that's for sure).

also, I think the series needs a luchador character... just because luchadors are awesome.
  • edited January 2009
    I think Mack Salmon should be in one of the episodes. He is my favourite Sam and Max villian of all the mediums.
  • edited January 2009
    Yeah & considering he's from the comic I think he can actually be in it! Suck on that Nelvana! Personally, I think we should have like Max's family reunion where it turns out all his relatives were robot duplicates! And the whole season revolves around his secret origin & finding out what the hell he really is! Or maybe that unfinished story where Max is killed & Sam partners up with a monkey to find out who did it. OH! Walrus. Just put a walrus in there, & I will be a happy Mickee.
  • edited March 2009
    I want to see more exotic locations, like, Egypt, Aztec ruins.
    An Indiana Jones special would be great,
    Sam can be Indiana Since he's already wearing a hat, and his accent seems suiting.
    Max can just wander around aimlessly, setting off traps, and making the situation comical as usual. Sybil can be the historian and bosco can be stuck in a tomb looking for treasure as he's always obsessed with money.
  • edited March 2009
    frosticle wrote: »
    I want to see more exotic locations, like, Egypt, Aztec ruins.
    An Indiana Jones special would be great,
    Sam can be Indiana Since he's already wearing a hat, and his accent seems suiting.
    Max can just wander around aimlessly, setting off traps, and making the situation comical as usual. Sybil can be the historian and bosco can be stuck in a tomb looking for treasure as he's always obsessed with money.

Sybil can do a Lara Croft impression
  • edited March 2009
    I want a good overarching plot that comes together in a way no on would expect. (For example, if Season 1 had the real enemy be... Bosco! He was connected!)
  • edited March 2009
    My hope is a sam and max "break up season" in which they are in a massive dispute (probably max's fault) and decide to go solo, but a catastrophic event of some form brings them back together to save the world or something. This would involve seperate character possesion, which I believe everyone is hoping for, as playing sam 24/7 can get stale after some time
  • edited March 2009
    I would like to see them go abroad for a mission like in the comic. Maybe somewhere different though like Japan or someplace.
  • edited March 2009
    The best thing for me about the comics and the Hit the Road game was the Americana satire of the crazy roadside attractions and oddball personalities that Sam and Max could find without even having to leave their own country.

As much as I've enjoyed the first two seasons and their wacky adventures to the moon/hell/time travel etc., and while that's still faithful to parts of the comics, I think it'd be really cool to see them road tripping around the US again, or even just widening out their own city.

Anyhow, just my thoughts. Keep up the good (fantastic) work!
  • edited March 2009
    Lachlan_is wrote: »
    My hope is a sam and max "break up season" in which they are in a massive dispute (probably max's fault) and decide to go solo, but a catastrophic event of some form brings them back together to save the world or something. This would involve seperate character possesion, which I believe everyone is hoping for, as playing sam 24/7 can get stale after some time

As much as I would love to see that happen, it seems too long and too deep to be compressed into a single episode (or even a two part) without the characters being out-of-character (even for Telltale's version).

I do kind of want to see them sucked into a television (somewhat like the idea of the being sucked into paintings) if only because I'd love an all parody episode, though the set designers might end up with a mental hernia.
  • ArtArt
    edited March 2009
    Didn't somebody already do this kind of thread?
  • edited March 2009
    Art wrote: »
    Your welcome. Bosco must be back. Organic Listening device too. I have only played season 1 on wii.:( Can't wait for season 2 on Wii.

I'm the same. How about they realise S3 alongside Ep. 5/6 of it on PC? I don't want to have to wait too long!
  • edited March 2009
    You know what would be awesome? Jurgen trying to hit on Stinky! :) Ya know... the "unspeakable evil attracted to another unspeakable evil" kinda fairytale couple setting? :p
  • edited March 2009
    Art wrote: »
    Didn't somebody already do this kind of thread?
    It's a mandatory recurring between-season thread, like the mandatory "TF2 Stats are Borked!" thread on the Steam forums or meme post on GameFAQs.
  • ArtArt
    edited March 2009
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    it's a mandatory recurring between-season thread, like the mandatory "tf2 stats are borked!" thread on the steam forums or meme post on gamefaqs.

ooooooooooooooooooooooh.
  • edited March 2009
    I think somebody may have posted this but I think they're needs to be an episode where you play as robo-max, I mean a gian roboty lagomorph, who wouldn't want that. Right?
  • edited March 2009
    Well Sam & Max have beat an evil alien spore colony and have been to hell and
    back so I would think there next and most evil villain yet would be
    "The Corporation"! Corporate Shambling Presence has been in reality 2.0
    obviously sent to take it over. There was the mix-up with Satan and Santa
    which got the attention of the soda poppers which they then decided to establish the business potential in hell before him stopping him and his company from getting to hell first. Then he was working in Hell obviously to work his way up the corporate ladder trying to take it over from the inside. I honestly would have to say I don't know what I'm talking about right now and I think I need to play thru the games again because I may have forgot something somewhere, but I'm on to something here.
  • edited March 2009
    I really hope we get more wackyness, i mean stuff from like Monkey island, Day of the tentacle and the old sam & max. buildings with crazy designs, bigger inside than outside, and so on. fight scenes all that crazy far out in the twilling zone stuff! :D
  • edited March 2009
    I think the season finale should end on a cliff hanger and it will be resolved in season 4like eg max gets shot, sam gets shot something like that.
  • edited April 2009
    I've got some ideas for the season 3 office
    First the two pictures near the window would be:
    -a T-H-E-M dedicated pictures with the mariachies singing
    -a picture showing the wedding of Sybil and Abe
    On the desk it will be one jar of lava with Peepers eye inside and when you click on it the popers spirits will respond like this
    Sam: Well Max, I've got to admit it. It was worth the effort to dig to the center of the earth to get the remaings of the popers
    Wizzer: (from the jar) You may have destroy our physical envellope but true evil can't be destroyed
    Max: Shut your mouth or I'll turn you into a lava lamp that we'll for sell for 2,50 bucks to a wierd guy wearing boxing gloves and a mask
    Peepers: No ! Not the lava lamp! We'll be good! I swear!
    these are a few exemples that I can think at the moment.
  • edited April 2009
    THE MYSTERY VORTEX :D oh please og please, let that area and the likes return. More wackyness please :)

There gotta be more rooms and stuff in the Sam and Max building, i have a feeling its one of those way bigger inside than outside buildings! :D
  • edited April 2009
    Sam and max emerge from the manhole on straight street and emerge to see another max , shortly after another bosco, licoln, sybil and most characters have been cloned for some reason
    whatever i just reckon Cloninng is a cool idea and sam and max have pretty much done everything so its hard to think
    BUT IT MUST GO ON
  • edited April 2009
    The identity of the Commissioner should finally be revealed!!!
  • edited April 2009
    I think that wouldn't be a good idea. The commissioner if funnier on the phone and telltale games would never reveal his true identity.
  • edited April 2009
    i'm just thinking of the breif ideas that telltale haven't used yet
    i reckon sam should be in maxes body and max in sams

some sort of thing where they are on a spaceship going to a space station where some evil people are shooting a laser through the earth dunno why
    :cool:
  • edited April 2009
    ben yehhh wrote: »
    i'm just thinking of the breif ideas that telltale haven't used yet
    i reckon sam should be in maxes body and max in sams

some sort of thing where they are on a spaceship going to a space station where some evil people are shooting a laser through the earth dunno why
    :cool:
    That was in 203

A few quotes from previous episodes would be nice!

I can't reach it!
    That wouldn't be sporting.
    I can't shoot max!
    I can't use these things together!
  • edited April 2009
    Sam and Max must infiltrate a Police Academy to figure out whose been stealing from the treasury.

And it shall be called; Sam & Max: Freelance Police Academy
  • edited April 2009
    They should go to military school, like in that one episode of Ren and Stimpy...
    Or better yet, CLOWN SCHOOL! Max would LOVE that.[/sarcasm]
  • edited April 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    They should go to military school, like in that one episode of Ren and Stimpy...
    Or better yet, CLOWN SCHOOL! Max would LOVE that.[/sarcasm]

Clowns are the only thing in the world scarier than Max!
  • edited April 2009
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Clowns are the only thing in the world scarier than Max!

Obviously, you haven't seen Auntie Alice.
  • edited April 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Obviously, you haven't seen Auntie Alice.

And obviously you haven't seen any of the Police Academy movies.

I wouldn't recommend them; they're terrible.
  • edited April 2009
    First, the things from last 3 cases could be:
    Night of the raving dead: A stake
    Chariots of the dogs: A time card
    What's new beezlebub: Paper clip fishing rod

Anyway, Features:

Play as Max
    Extended play
    6 episodes
    Warp drive actually does something
    A new tutorial

That's all I can think of.
  • edited April 2009
    First, the things from last 3 cases could be:
    Night of the raving dead: A stake
    Chariots of the dogs: A time card
    What's new beezlebub: Paper clip fishing rod

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but there is already a season 2 case file on sale here, which does contain a time card like you suggest.
  • edited April 2009
    I think that Superball will be more important this season
  • edited April 2009
    I want a Superball superball :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.