Anyway, Features:
    Play as Max
    Extended play
    6 episodes
    Warp drive actually does something
    A new tutorial

That's all I can think of.

Play as max ftw
    Extended Play wouldnt be awesome, it worked in sbcg4ap cause there was still stuff to do, but sam and max is progressive NO LOOKING BACK!!
    6 Episodes..... I dunno, I really liked season two, and credit it due to the minimalization of the second season in comparison to the 1st, less episodes = more fun.
    Warp Drive does something: I couldnt think of what it could do, apart from making text bigger! Thats right, BIGGER TEXT telltale!! But Seriously, Warp Drive was just a joke, it doesnt do anything and that rocks!
    And a new tutorial would be awesome. Possibly an original?

Quuux wrote: »
    I want a Superball superball :D

Woah, THAT WOuLD BE AWESOME!!!
    And there'd be Bosco with Bosco on the label or something!
  • edited April 2009
    How about introducing characters from the tv series such as Darla "The Geek" Gugenheek, Lorn the friend for Life, the Mad Thespian, Mack Samon (also from the comic), Sergent Blip & the Rubber Pants Commandos (also from the comic), The Crimson Bonehead and Hack Hachet
  • edited April 2009
    How about introducing characters from the tv series such as Darla "The Geek" Gugenheek, Lorn the friend for Life, the Mad Thespian, Mack Samon (also from the comic), Sergent Blip & the Rubber Pants Commandos (also from the comic), The Crimson Bonehead and Hack Hachet
    I agree and also references to Strong Bad and/or Wallace and Gromit
  • edited April 2009

Due to copyright issues, this is probably not possible for any characters that didn't feature in the comic.
  • edited April 2009
    The first season had hypnotism as its main theme and the second season was time and space.

The theme for the third season should be myths and legends I think.

Here's a few that could be done.
      The greek legends Maybe a roman episode Arabian nights would rule (Bosco as a genie anyone?) King Arthur and the knights of the round table (Max pulling the sword from the stone) Something involving transylvanian creatures (I know they did vampires in Season 2 but theres always werewolves and other things. Maybe Sam gets bitten by one or something)

Just a few ideas. Can't wait for Season 3. :D
  • edited April 2009
    ..playing as Max sure we interesting, although it's hard to imagine how that would work out.
    But come on, let him have an inventory of his own, at least once in his life! :D

Revealing the Commissioner? Hey, that wouldn't be a bad idea, if used as a sort of 'joke'. like.. The commissioner would actually appear in some episode, but his face would not be revealed. Maybe he appears on the street, but the stop sign covers his face, or something. XD I dunno, just tossing out random ideas.

Ooh, and after playing Strong Bad's first episode, I was kind of thinking.. maybe there would be a some sort of costume minigame in Sam & Max too? Just like there was one in Hit the Road. Then you could save pictures in your hard drive. :D

..unless that was already used in Season 2. I couldn't know, I haven't played it yet. :)

as for Warp drive.. I have no idea. XD What else could it possibly do, other than.. being just useless?
  • edited April 2009
    Anythig but the Geek. Draw source from "Surfin' the Highway"! there's plenty of gold there!
  • edited May 2009
    Recalling Max's cameo in Outlaws gives me a hankerin' for some old west action.
  • edited May 2009
    We need more clown villains !! :D
  • edited May 2009
    I think it should be about a load of Chihuahuas being dognapped. It turns out that there are a load of alien Chihuahuas are taking the dogs for their army, planning to overthrow the psychic monkeys who are planning to take over every world, because they were possessed by mutated super hamsters, planning on eating everything, from their brains outwards. It would be very funny, as max would attempt to apease the hamsters with wholegrain hamster food. ha ha
  • edited May 2009
    Ok ok just throwing some ashes to the fire: what about if, and obviously no one has suggested this, we're able to play as max? :D

And another thing: what the game breaks the 4th wall and starts out with Sam & Max getting canceled and having to get the game back on production? :P
  • edited May 2009
    Hmm, I like your second idea, Dextro. I'm always in the mood for some good old-fashioned fourth wall breaking.
  • edited May 2009
    I'd agree that breaking the fourth-wall is fun. Only if its used responsibly.

The only thing I really want Season 3 to have is the same system requirements or at least very similar. Other than that, I would accept anything.
  • edited May 2009
    What about Sam & Max get sucked into a Reality TV show, theirs or another characters and, of course it's evil (like all Reality TV shows). They have to find a way to ditch their camera watchers to solve the case and such :)
  • edited May 2009
    I always wanted to see the prevent a time-traveling villain from assassinating Steve Purcell in the past and therefore destroying the universe, but obviously, they already had a time travel plot last season...
  • edited May 2009
    Mmm, what I wouldn't give to visit the Kushman Brothers' Carnival in Telltale 3D...or the largest ball of twine. Actually, any/all parts of Hit the Road would be amazing...
  • edited June 2009
    How about an episode where Sam & Max meet their Evil Twins.
  • edited June 2009
    How about an episode where Sam & Max meet their Evil Twins.

Done in Chariots. Well, sort of :D
  • edited June 2009
    Sam and Max must rescue amusement park visitors from a rebellious horde of animatronic animals, pirates and cowboys.

Sam and Max got shot by a shrink ray and discover a futuristic dystopian society of insects hidden in their own office.

Sam and Max enters an alternate universe, or maybe the future, where the world is split into two societies; Sam-worshippers and Max-worshippers. They then team up with a rebel group, who are Bosco-worshippers.

That's all I can come up with right now.
  • edited June 2009
    khr1988 wrote: »
    The first season had hypnotism as its main theme and the second season was time and space.

The theme for the third season should be myths and legends I think.

Here's a few that could be done.
      The greek legends Maybe a roman episode Arabian nights would rule (Bosco as a genie anyone?) King Arthur and the knights of the round table (Max pulling the sword from the stone) Something involving transylvanian creatures (I know they did vampires in Season 2 but theres always werewolves and other things. Maybe Sam gets bitten by one or something)

Just a few ideas. Can't wait for Season 3. :D

I LOVE this idea. I love the idea of Sam and Max tackling mythical tales like King Arthur and the Roman myths. It's a perfect fit.
  • edited June 2009
    Season Three:

Sam and Max Screw With History
  • edited June 2009
    Season Three:

Sam and Max Screw With History

Sounds great! I like it.

And thanks for the compliment Secret Fawful. Means alot. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I hope that the Soda Poppers will come back and Max will "greet" them. With a gun.
    I dislike how they died. It just wasn't personal.
    Oh, and Sam & Max will go to a town called Twinkie (or Twinkle, Tinkle) Town, for some reason, and it will be all pink and stuff and for little kids, and with no violence. It will be a TORTURE for Sam & Max!!
    I just love seeing them tormented. It's funny.
  • edited June 2009
    I agree the Soda Poppers death was really anti-climatic but also kind of fitting in a way that we found out where the lava from Maoi Better Blues went.

I reckon they should do a crossover episode. Sam and Max and Strong Bad Save Wallace and Gromit?
  • edited June 2009
    khr1988 wrote: »
    I agree the Soda Poppers death was really anti-climatic but also kind of fitting in a way that we found out where the lava from Maoi Better Blues went.

I reckon they should do a crossover episode. Sam and Max and Strong Bad Save Wallace and Gromit?

Nah. It's Gromit who has to do the saving - it's in his DNA :)
  • edited June 2009
    Thats true. I could imagine Sam and Max getting really confused that Gromit doesn't speak.
  • edited June 2009
    I LOVE this idea. I love the idea of Sam and Max tackling mythical tales like King Arthur and the Roman myths. It's a perfect fit.

Me too. The Myths and Legends theme would be very much in keeping with previous S&M stories.

Another myth I'd add to the list would be the Loch Ness Monster where Sam & Max get to discover, or even cause, the extinction of the dinosaurs. Grandpa Stinky could be incorporated into the plot on the basis of his Scottish accent. It leaves quite a lot of possibilities open.

The King Arthur theme was touched on a bit in Broken Sword 3 but that's not to say the S&M designers could do a much better job mocking it.
  • edited June 2009

Another myth I'd add to the list would be the Loch Ness Monster where Sam & Max get to discover, or even cause, the extinction of the dinosaurs. Grandpa Stinky could be incorporated into the plot on the basis of his Scottish accent. It leaves quite a lot of possibilities open.

That's very true. The Loch Ness Monster would be great in Sam and Max. Preferably NOT with a Scottish accent just to make things really confusing. Maybe Myra could interview it on her show.

Do you think we'll ever see Mary Two-Teeth again? I find it a bit odd that she wasn't there when her son was taken to hell.
  • edited June 2009
    Sam & Max in Roman times would be awesome.. I can just imagine how much fun Max would have back there
  • edited June 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Sam & Max in Roman times would be awesome.. I can just imagine how much fun Max would have back there

"Hey Caligula! Check THIS out!" :D
  • edited June 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »

SAM : Just think Max, eating Dormice in this time is considered normal

MAX : You mean it isn't already? Why didn't you tell me?

SAM : You crack me up little pal

Any good? Don't know if it fits the style or not but thought I'd try.
  • edited June 2009
    yeah I like the idea of myths and legends. And how all these legends are from around the world. Kinda fits in with this!
  • edited July 2009
    nice picture.

season 3 should be fantastic if they get it right.
  • edited July 2009
    I really liked the part in S1E6 where you had to recollect Max's negative attributes. I'd like to see something similar in seson 3.
  • edited July 2009
    I’d love to see a film noir style episode staring max.

The whole episode would be in black and white and open with the apparent murder of Sam. Our favourite psychopath then puts on an old trench coat and sets out to track down the person responsible for the death of his friend.
  • edited July 2009
    Mack Salmon kidnaps Sam, so you play as Max for an entire Episode. And the gameplay is really violent and messy. And in the end we get Sam and Max in the Desoto being chased down a huge mountain by armed thugs on skis.
  • edited July 2009
    TechnoGoth wrote: »
    I’d love to see a film noir style episode staring max.

The whole episode would be in black and white and open with the apparent murder of Sam. Our favourite psychopath then puts on an old trench coat and sets out to track down the person responsible for the death of his friend.

That sounds like an episode for Flint Paper :p
  • edited July 2009
    Awww!

I just looked on Wikipedia, and apparantly, because the list of Telltale Games' games is in chronological order, a new CSI game is scheduled for this year, before S&M:S3!!

Don't get me wrong; I don't hate CSI, I just like Sam and Max better!

Also, I know Wikipedia may not be 100% right all the time, and I suppose a new CSI is due, but I really wan't Sam and Max!

I suppose we'll just have to wait until 2010...

Oh, also, I liked the idea of Sam's murder. Can continue through, like, 5 episodes, and then somehow he is restored to life. Also, Max of course has to have flashbacks and stuff of Max, and maybe Bosco could make an invention to communicate with the dead out of some old crap!

Ok, bye!
  • edited July 2009
    They have more than one development team, and they will have been working on CSI for a little while now (as well as working on Wallace & Gromit and TMI) so I can't see anything that would effect the development of Sam & Max season 3.
  • edited July 2009
    One thing they could add is maybe branching storylines?

Kind of like a simplified version of Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy), doing something in a particular way makes the story branch off in a particular direction, the next game realises the choices made in the previous game and continues it as appropriate?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.