Job teases "surprise announcement" on Twitter; EDIT: It's Minecraft Story Mode from Telltale

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited December 2014 in Minecraft: Story Mode

Alt text

Seems interesting. What do you guys think about this?

In another tweet, Job says the news will arrive before next Monday, but not today. It's safe to guess the news will arrive tomorrow or Friday...

EDIT: Job retweeted one of these tweets from another TTG staff member an hour ago; going to their profile shows more interesting tweets;

Alt text

EDIT 2:

Alt text

Comments

• Not quite, but I wish:

"It's not directly related to anything else we've made in 2014."

Green613 posted: »

TWAU season 2 confirmed? :P

• TWAU season 2 confirmed? :P

• Oh, well that's sad :[

Not quite, but I wish: "It's not directly related to anything else we've made in 2014."

• I'd easily love some news on Wolf Among Us Season 2, but... think of what the alternative could be if it's "not directly related" to anything Telltale has made this year.... :O

Oh, well that's sad :[

• Sees the title of the thread

"TWAU DLC!"

Reads the first tweet

"Bawww." :(

• I updated the title to be more specific. (I know, I desperately want a continuation of TWAU too. :p)

Pipas posted: »

Sees the title of the thread "TWAU DLC!" Reads the first tweet "Bawww."

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I am really intrigued as to what it could be. Telltale normally choose good IP's to work from so it will probably be good.

• I wish it could be Star Wars but I doubt that is possible

• Back to the future 2?

• I was wishing for TWAU S2 but I guess not :'(

• edited December 2014

Really was hoping it was a TWAU S2 or DLC but by the looks of it they could just be announcing something like a Poker Night 3 or a new game series entirely to be released alongside Walking Dead S3.

• Wasn't there an article somewhere that said Telltale would continue Sam & Max in some capacity a while ago? It could be this, or this could be something else entirely, but I'm intrigued.

• Well, one episode it was released in October 2013 and not in 2014 ;)

But I think it will be another series or something else :)

I'd easily love some news on Wolf Among Us Season 2, but... think of what the alternative could be if it's "not directly related" to anything Telltale has made this year.... :O

• Maybe a new series? But if they did make one they probably would have announced it at the video game awards. Who knows, maybe it's another pinball game :P

I'd easily love some news on Wolf Among Us Season 2, but... think of what the alternative could be if it's "not directly related" to anything Telltale has made this year.... :O

• Let's try to be calm about this. :> It's probably Clementine action figure type of suprise.

• Please don't say those kinds of things...

fallandir posted: »

Let's try to be calm about this. :> It's probably Clementine action figure type of suprise.

• I'm just being precautious. :>

Please don't say those kinds of things...

• edited December 2014

A Sam & Max announcement maybe?.....

Alt text

• -=Surprise Announcement=-

Lee's Limited Edition Bourbon

fallandir posted: »

Let's try to be calm about this. :> It's probably Clementine action figure type of suprise.

• 10/10 would buy.

Poogers555 posted: »

-=Surprise Announcement=- Lee's Limited Edition Bourbon

• Jurassic World is on its way. Maybe we will get Jurassic Park Season 2 without QTE but with the lovely emotional talking stuff from TWD and co. :D

• edited December 2014

Please please please be Kenny Babysitter Simulator 2015, we need a sequel!!

In all honesty, I'm very excited about this, and trepidatious in equal measure. 3 games at once seems...well...a lot.

• back to the future 2?! please 4 years and left on a cliffhanger

• edited December 2014

Actually we need sequels to all of their awesome games. Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and Tales of Monkey Island!

Jewfreeus posted: »

back to the future 2?! please 4 years and left on a cliffhanger

• He didn't say, "not directly related to anything else we've made ever." :)

I bet it's another Puzzle Agent.

• Jurassic World: The Game? Back To The Future: 2015 Baby?

The Matrix: The Game? Kenny Urban: The Game? Star Wars: The Game?

• Call it a hunch, but I think it more likely will be something new. I'd love a new Puzzle Agent game and I do agree the phrasing seems to only exclude recent games, but I still don't see Telltale doing something with the Pilot Program. The timing of the announcement and the way Job is teasing kinda gives off the vibe of something bigger to me.

Actually, if it does turn out to be something old, I'd think that a new Back to the Future season would be likely. From what I offhandedly know, the 2015 timing is relevant to the series and the gameplay for Season 1 was already simple so it's not as if switching from casual puzzles to choice making would be a huge change, unlike if Telltale were to do the same for Sam and Max/Monkey Island/etc.

WarpSpeed posted: »

He didn't say, "not directly related to anything else we've made ever." I bet it's another Puzzle Agent.

• Alt text

Alright, Telltale Detectives! Get to work! [Cracks whip]

• Holy shit, I was singing that song with my friends earlier. XD

...Toy story...No....Dragon Age...No...Bioshock?...Maybe.... No clue....No game...Action figure....

• edited December 2014

Alt text

Lee's limited Edition Bourbon confirmed, I couldn't have cracked it without @Poogers555

• Alt text

It's the Shrek Telltale series we've always wanted. My god, how did I just now notice this?

Lee's limited Edition Bourbon confirmed, I couldn't have cracked it without @Poogers555

• edited December 2014

Alt text

You know, you just might be on to something.

EDIT: Yup I think Shrek: A Telltale Games Series is pretty much confirmed at this point, I can even see it spelling Donkey in there.

It's the Shrek Telltale series we've always wanted. My god, how did I just now notice this?

• Alt text

• Alt text

• This is how Job gives the kiddies the talk about the birds and the bees. This would've made my experience with the talk a lot less painful.

• well looks like they got drunk with another developer the question now is who?

• "hello we are telltale games and we all are alcoholics"

If this behavior keeps up, Telltale will need to take up some good ol' Alcoholics Anonymous.

• If this behavior keeps up, Telltale will need to take up some good ol' Alcoholics Anonymous.

Jewfreeus posted: »

well looks like they got drunk with another developer the question now is who?

This discussion has been closed.