Job teases "surprise announcement" on Twitter; EDIT: It's Minecraft Story Mode from Telltale

Comments

• I honestly think "soon" has become a trademark of TTG's

more devs

• Some minecraft shit. Thanks Trolltale

Alt text

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited December 2014

Something called Info Quest? Man this is twice I've been tricked by Telltale hypeing stuff.

• edited December 2014

It's just Telltale's Minecraft

Alt text

Something called Info Quest? Man this is twice I've been tricked by Telltale hypeing stuff.

• I think it might be Minecraft.
    There is an update on Telltale's twitter page directing you to Mojang.
    It says "Play 'Info Quest 2' in your browser, now! You might learn something.

• ....is this a joke

OzzyUK posted: »

It's a minecraft game https://mojang.com/announcing-minecraft-story-mode/

• edited December 2014

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited December 2014

Are you kidding me? Minecraft is one of the most overrated games of all time.

• Minecraft: Story Mode

...say, what? That's a bizzare choice for a story game. Then again, people said the same of Borderlands.

• I know the general opinion on Minecraft here, and I personally got quite sick of the game too, but listen:

It's Telltale. They can make a good game out if anything, give this a chance.

After how they pulled the Borderlands collaboration off, I have high expectations for this one as well.

• I've never played Minecraft so i have no idea what to expect.
    I will say that right now, i'm not exactly thrilled by the prospect of a game based on Minecraft from Telltale.
    This will probably be a game to skip for me.

• Yeah but borderlands always had an interesting story even before telltale made a game out of it. Minecraft's story is non existent.

AWESOMEO posted: »

I know the general opinion on Minecraft here, and I personally got quite sick of the game too, but listen: It's Telltale. They can make a

• edited December 2014

I honestly couldn't care less. I've never been a fan of minecraft, so I probably won't get this. I'd rather Telltale make a wolf among us season 2 instead of this.

• This is the new Tales From The Borderlands.

Count me intrigued.

• Be prepared for the minecraft kids coming to the forum.

• Yeah and i don't think i could stand looking at weird pixely characters for 2+ hours.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Yeah but borderlands always had an interesting story even before telltale made a game out of it. Minecraft's story is non existent.

• Uhhh, I know it's not good to judge something before it's not released, but I'm not so sure how I feel about this ._.

• Alright we should start a riot..

Alt text

• [gulp]

Be prepared for the minecraft kids coming to the forum.

• This is what they're making instead of The Wolf Among Us Season 2, are they fucking nuts?

• This is no joke? Minecraft story mode sounds like an oxymoron to me, kinda like Tetris story mode. I've never played Minecraft but from what I understand that is some kind of a sandbox world building game?

• :( well I didn't expect TWAU 2 but Minecraft? What the heck?

This is what they're making instead of The Wolf Among Us Season 2, are they fucking nuts?

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited December 2014

Borderlands was never a story-based game, the story had a lot of place for Telltale to come in and write, and the same goes about Minecraft - They have no canon story, which means Telltale can do whatever, that's good!

Yeah but borderlands always had an interesting story even before telltale made a game out of it. Minecraft's story is non existent.

• I'm just saying the critically acclaimed TWAU hasn't even been confirmed but they go for a project that has no story to it whatsoever and is more of a cash grab than anything else.

SoMuchSass posted: »

well I didn't expect TWAU 2 but Minecraft? What the heck?

• Never mind, I take this back, I'm no longer excited.

• Soo... it's Minecraft.

Alt text

K.

• It's essentially a game where you destroy blocks, pick them up (sometimes modify them), then place them somewhere else. Also, the game has zero story.

This is no joke? Minecraft story mode sounds like an oxymoron to me, kinda like Tetris story mode. I've never played Minecraft but from what I understand that is some kind of a sandbox world building game?

• Gary-Oak posted: »

Be prepared for the minecraft kids coming to the forum.

• disappointed in Telltale
    I was hoping for TWAU S2 and instead we get this shit

• telltale's minecraft? are they serious? jesus christ i'm sorry but this is just plain bad and now we are gonna get the 12 year olds coming here D:

• Would much rather be getting The Wolf Among Us S2 than this. Nevertheless, count me intrigued. I am curious to see how Telltale will take this series and will probably check it out once it releases.

• That is exactly what I have been saying, these forums are completely fucked.

Alt text

Jewfreeus posted: »

telltale's minecraft? are they serious? jesus christ i'm sorry but this is just plain bad and now we are gonna get the 12 year olds coming here

• I never understood who plays even Minecraft. I can't imagine a story to it. They could've chose a much more interesting source material. Like Dexter, Breaking Bad or a Death Note-like story..

I'm just saying the critically acclaimed TWAU hasn't even been confirmed but they go for a project that has no story to it whatsoever and is more of a cash grab than anything else.

• You want to know who plays Minecraft:
    Click here

And imagine those kids here on the forums, we're fucked. Also, I have been pushing for a Breaking Bad game for a long time now, it would have been better than Minecrap.

SoMuchSass posted: »

I never understood who plays even Minecraft. I can't imagine a story to it. They could've chose a much more interesting source material. Like Dexter, Breaking Bad or a Death Note-like story..

• Silence is a valid option.

• I... just... have no words...

Pipas posted: »

Silence is a valid option.

This discussion has been closed.