Job teases "surprise announcement" on Twitter; EDIT: It's Minecraft Story Mode from Telltale

Comments

• It's probably going to be a mash up of all the game characters they made in 2014 coming together for Christmas lol. Clementine in a Christmas dress drinking hot co co with lee.

So yea that's what I think it is. A cartoon with all the tell tale game characters celebrating the holidays. What a wonderful world song will be playing XD.

• Melissa Hutchinson and Kenny's voice actor are getting married. Surprise leaked lol

• Spongebob video game that's rated M?

• edited December 2014

I guess It's not a Sam & Max game...

Alt text

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm probably looking too deep into this but maybe they might be doing a collaboration with Naughty Dog? Job celebrated his birthday is Las Vegas and Neil Druckmann who is a creative director and writer for them was there as well as Ellie's voice actor.

• Hmm... It seems like there's been a lot of chummy interaction between Telltale and Naughty Dog folks on Twitter lately. I'm going to guess maybe one of their properties.

• edited December 2014

Ok seems like it is going to be another collaboration game, based off Job's developer love tweet(XD) And Ken Levine said this...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/17/ken-levine-discusses-ideas-for-his-next-game

I know it's probably completely unrelated and I'm grasping at straws, but I can only hope that maybe just maybe Telltalegames presents.... Bioshock!

• "You see, something's going to happen. Something wonderful." is a quote from 2010: The Year We Make Contact, the lesser known sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not sure if that was done on purpose or what.

Tried to see if "What a Wonderful World" is connected to the film somehow, but found nothing.

"What A Wonderful World" is very often used for soundtrack dissonance, where it's this lighthearted, hopeful song being paired with very dark imagery of a miserable plain of existence for the sake of irony. Considering this is Telltale, I'd believe this is the intent, here.

Given all this information, then, I'd wager a guess that this game is yet another post-apocalyptic story, or otherwise futuristic in some nature.

As for who they're collaborating with, I'm going to cross my fingers and pray it's Bethesda so we can get a long overdue new Fallout game. But that's just wishful thinking on my part, really.

• I'm placing bets on it being Telltalegames and Ken Levine collaborating for a story driven Bioshock plus Ken Levine said he wants to do more narrative story driven games

• edited December 2014

I don't know why I'm assuming it's going to be a new game announcement lol.

OzzyUK posted: »

Job just tweeted this https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/545484180734226432

• Could it be something with Valve.... or with Double Fine?

• I'm calling it now. It's totally Bioshock.

• edited December 2014

Doubt it'll be the case as it seems they're hinting at a collaboration, but it'd be nice to see them make something that's their own IP. More freedom I imagine, as well, though I know Puzzle Agent was their own.

Not that their stories based off licensed products aren't good though. :)

Call it a hunch, but I think it more likely will be something new. I'd love a new Puzzle Agent game and I do agree the phrasing seems to onl

• This would be awesome

I'm calling it now. It's totally Bioshock.

• I'd love to see something taking place on the Middle-Earth, but I don't think they will.

• edited December 2014

I know right I said the same thing :P

I'm calling it now. It's totally Bioshock.

• Smack!

I can't believe I missed this and posted it on the TWAU section.

Job says it's not related to anything they've made in 2014, does that count for things released in 2013 and progressed onto 2014?

• edited December 2014

They're good at teaser wording, aren't they? :)

Smack! I can't believe I missed this and posted it on the TWAU section. Job says it's not related to anything they've made in 2014, does that count for things released in 2013 and progressed onto 2014?

• 10/10

IGN can confirm this.

Rob_K posted: »

They're good at teaser wording, aren't they?

• Me too!

Rippo posted: »

I'd love to see something taking place on the Middle-Earth, but I don't think they will.

• I'd be okay with BioShock hope it's something good!

• If it's Bioshock then i'm going to Telltale HQ and kissing them all!

• edited December 2014

This tweet sounds Bioshock-y and like something Comstock would say. :P

Alt text

I'd be okay with BioShock hope it's something good!

• So another game huh..... pretty excited

• If it's bioshock i will be like Alt text

• Star wars?

Could be a possible contender to coincide with episode 7 next year.

• Job seems to be hinting at a game based off another game. So Star Wars seems unlikely.

Alt text

chomerly posted: »

Star wars? Could be a possible contender to coincide with episode 7 next year.

• How p*ssed will we be when it's revealed to be something dumb, like commemorative stickers or something lol

• ETA? It's almost 8 hours already

• Hoping for either Bioshock or Dragon Age/Mass Effect.

Hopefully not bioshock for me, the dudebro protagonist and fragile story structure of infinite were pretty dull.

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited December 2014

Oh Jesus if it's a game based off dragon age, I'll need some new pants.

Flog61 posted: »

Hoping for either Bioshock or Dragon Age/Mass Effect. Hopefully not bioshock for me, the dudebro protagonist and fragile story structure of infinite were pretty dull.

• Imagine if we get customisable protagonists :o

A bioware/telltale game would be so good as well, they both focus on the aspect of choice in a way that Bioshock infinite completely fails to.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Oh Jesus if it's a game based off dragon age, I'll need some new pants.

• edited December 2014

Just thinking about what the hell it is is giving me a mind grain. Tell me what is, please! I can't wait any longer! D:

• Alt text

Flog61 posted: »

Imagine if we get customisable protagonists A bioware/telltale game would be so good as well, they both focus on the aspect of choice in a way that Bioshock infinite completely fails to.

• 30 minutes left! :D

• Probably about 20 more minutes from this post.

ETA? It's almost 8 hours already

• Perhaps, but what if its in conjunction with Bioware to create a story loosely based on Star Wars: The Old Republic?
    There does seem to be a lot of speculation around Telltale and Bioware at the moment.

dojo32161 posted: »

Job seems to be hinting at a game based off another game. So Star Wars seems unlikely.

• more devs

Alt text

This discussion has been closed.