Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited February 2015

Welp, got around to playing this.

I like the premise for the power, but I hope there are more ideas beyond using it as a quick reload button. I mean, emotionally manipulating people in saying only what they want to hear? Relying on a power we don't understand for mundane issues? Expecting it to work in every dire circumstance? There's potential for interesting long-term consequences there, or possible weaknesses, but they'll need to work at it.

The characters are... hit and miss... I like that there are a few people who try to subvert tropes (i.e. Kate isn't just a religious straw man for Max to knock down, Dana isn't an automatic villain for being a popular cheerleader, etc), but there are too many bad stereotypes that won't talk to you unless you can humor how pretentious they are. Skater boy won't interact unless I can parrot his skate lingo? Get bent kid.
    And the teen speak in general can grate a bit... (Aw yeah, I'm So inter-webbing this EPIC WIN against them Haters, #SAD FACE) Not exactly timeless dialogue.

I did enjoy the extent of the interactive environments. Telltale's taken a step away from that kind of exploration, but it's nice having some slow paced areas just for taking a breather and picking up on bits of lore and character info. (Though I hope the main plot has more interesting conflicts than some of the junior high drama we had to deal with).

Max and Chloe's relationship could go either way for me. They're obviously the focal point, as we haven't talked much to Kate and we were forced to leave Warren to get his head smashed in after half a conversation, but hopefully interactions don't come across as too forced and other characters get a chance to develop a bit before the end.

So I guess I'm on the fence, but still intrigued for where things can go.

• I watched PewdiePie play this. And wow. I am for sure not buying it, and will only watch others playthroughs. I have never seen so many cliches used to such a degree to try and capture this generation of children. Or are the children of this generation really like that? And never in my life have I been so scared if that is legitimately how children act nowadays.

Aside from the horrible and cliched dialogue and terribly cliche characters. I like the overall plot. I mean, how the hell are they gonna save the town? Quiet personally, I see the story having vastly different endings. I know Chole said she wanted to leave the town, so I can see one of the endings being that Chole and the player character leaving the town and letting everyone die. And I can also see them being lesbos. Not that I care, but I hope I'm wrong for the sheer fact that the writers made it so terribly obvious.

If I were to rate this game? Meh out of Meh. 5 out of 10.

• edited February 2015

You do realise you just criticised the younger generation for acting like that when you watch Pewdiepie? The father of all special kids who somehow got popular despite having no quality to his work and just pulls faces while saying stupid things in front of a camera.

As for LiS, if you're willing to watch the rest of it through YouTube, you must of liked something about it. The word "cliché" is being used a bit too much for this game - to the point of me wondering do people actually know what it means. Did none of you go to school? There's always kids like that there and always will be. As for the dialogue, it could of been better as there were some cringy moments, but nothing so bad I'd turn the game off.

As for the characters, if you actually played the game you'd find there's more going on then you think. Diana might be pregnant, Hayden is certain Rachel slept with the Photographer teacher (potential suspect), the headmaster is under the thumb of Nathan's family, David's suffering with PTSD and it's not only affecting Chloe, but now the whole school as his anxiety gets worse. The science teacher is trying to get people to sign a petition (I did) to stop him putting cameras up in the entire academy, one of the senior students (zach?) worked with Rachel on his portfolio of photos and that's just about a few of the things going on off the top of my head.

I watched PewdiePie play this. And wow. I am for sure not buying it, and will only watch others playthroughs. I have never seen so many clic

• First off, i'm scared of anyone who uses the term 'lesbos', and thats not how all teens act these days but most do sigh every generation seems to be scared about the one that comes after it.. and when did they make it obvious they were possibly becoming lesbians? They're just friends... pretty sure Max has a crush on Mr.Jefferson in the first place which was hinted several times.

The plots not terrible in my opinion its pretty interesting, does every game these days always have to have a point? Why cant it just be about life and living, in my opinion the slower plot makes it 100% less cliche than most games these day (where there is constant action)

I watched PewdiePie play this. And wow. I am for sure not buying it, and will only watch others playthroughs. I have never seen so many clic

• Hope they read it

What TTG could learn from LIS I have to agree with much of those things.

• This guy gets it ^ also life is strange is a very good game IMO

Revec posted: »

You do realise you just criticised the younger generation for acting like that when you watch Pewdiepie? The father of all special kids who

• edited February 2015

Max is obviously straight or at least bisexual because she mentions finding skater boys cute. As for Chloe it isn't really said, it's kind of open to interpretation. But the game makers said we will find out in game at some point whether Chloe and Rachel was friends or more than friends.

#TeamSarah posted: »

First off, i'm scared of anyone who uses the term 'lesbos', and thats not how all teens act these days but most do sigh every generation see

• This is not simply a game. It is art.

First off, i'm scared of anyone who uses the term 'lesbos', and thats not how all teens act these days but most do sigh every generation see

• edited February 2015

I suspect the comment about being more then friends might have another meaning and be linked with Max's new gifts. Something that happened when they were kids maybe.

I'm wondering if the 5 year gap will have something to do with it. Seems odd that they didn't see/speak to each other in all that time. It was kinda never addressed either so I think it might be brought up again and something surpressed will come to light.

This is not simply a game. It is art.

• Is this the leaked episode 5 trailer?

NEW TRAILER! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqG2DkuJH4 I'm not sorry

• I think there's one in the truck too.

dojo32161 posted: »

There actually is a drawing of the illuminati symbol in the bathroom.

• I know I didn't mean die I meant as in, why is she in that situation? What's going to happen after? Although if she did die you have a point... rewind!

It's not like she's going to die or anything... fuck. We could just rewind if she does.

• Speaking of Diana's pregnancy, I rewound after I found her pregnancy test and and it gave me the option to say that I heard a rumour about her and I believe she told me that she aborted it. I believe that's what she said anyway, it has been awhile.

You do realise you just criticised the younger generation for acting like that when you watch Pewdiepie? The father of all special kids who

• LOL YES!

• Oh yeah I saw that xD one of the game developers retweeted it, it's hilarious lol.

• She didn't specifically say that. She just said she was pregnant, so ethier abortion or miscarriage. Kinda leaning towards the latter.

Speaking of Diana's pregnancy, I rewound after I found her pregnancy test and and it gave me the option to say that I heard a rumour about her and I believe she told me that she aborted it. I believe that's what she said anyway, it has been awhile.

• Nah Hayden didn't say Rachel slept with the teacher, that was Stella who said that.

• She told me she miscarried.

Speaking of Diana's pregnancy, I rewound after I found her pregnancy test and and it gave me the option to say that I heard a rumour about her and I believe she told me that she aborted it. I believe that's what she said anyway, it has been awhile.

• Alright, I knew it was setting along those lines. Thanks.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

She told me she miscarried.

• edited February 2015

Skater boy won't interact unless I can parrot his skate lingo?

Yeah, no teenage boy wants to hangout with a cute girl his age who's asking HIM to hang out unless she knows his lingo. Right?

Mikejames posted: »

Welp, got around to playing this. I like the premise for the power, but I hope there are more ideas beyond using it as a quick reload but

• I just posted this before. Beat ya to it lol

What TTG could learn from LIS I have to agree with much of those things.

• What you talking about willis? The game was fun as hell as long as you were playing with a couple of friends. It was pretty gay playing by yourself though.

It was fucking horrible. Fuck Activision and fuck Bungie for being stupid enough to collaborate with Activision. I hope that game burns. I hope it drags Activision into the deepest, darkest abyss imaginable.

• She probably saw a shiny coin on the tracks and needed it for cab fare. Then after she's going to use that coin to get the hell out of town like she was talking about.

I don't see anything tragic happening in this game if we can always just rewind to fix it.

noblue22 posted: »

I know I didn't mean die I meant as in, why is she in that situation? What's going to happen after? Although if she did die you have a point... rewind!

• Come check out this amazing, and large open world experience, with amazing artwork, lore, and gameplay.

JK. Come check out this seemingly large open world experience with abysmally repetitive mechanics, gearing, gameplay, and environments. Story? That's coming later, in the next 10 years worth of purchasable DLC we have planned (but less than a year after Destiny launch Destiny Numero Dos plans were announced Ha-motherfuckin'-Ha). Gear? Sure! After weeks of grinding for one piece, maybe two. But the fun comes after you hit end game content. An entire raid! An entire one raid! But that's fine, you can buy the second one later on, then you have two!! PvP? Sure... it plays like shit, but you can do it! The only thing this game has going for it is fun gunplay, besides that it's a piece of shit draped in finery. Fuck Activision. I just hope Bungie can get out of the Activision LoS before I lose all respect for them.

What you talking about willis? The game was fun as hell as long as you were playing with a couple of friends. It was pretty gay playing by yourself though.

• Yeah it wasn't what it was advertised to be. The gameplay was fun but it got boring after a month or so. I wish Bungie would just go back to halo. They should have stuck with what they knew. Now 343 is fucking up one of my favorite games.

Come check out this amazing, and large open world experience, with amazing artwork, lore, and gameplay. JK. Come check out this seemingly

• I'm pretty certain that Pewdiepie talks more like a normal person than most of the characters in that game. All the dialogue coming from most of those characters was so hipster sounding it didn't even sound as if a normal person would say that. I don't watch Pewdiepie for knowledge, I watch him to be entertained. And if I just so happen to find him funny, then I find him funny. Who cares? If you don't like him, then that's fine too. If you happen to like this game, and I don't, then good for you go on and play it.

I want to watch it because I like the story, it's interesting to see how something like this will turn out. What I don't like are the characters. I will not be buying it though, because some of if not most of the dialogue is unbearable. TO ME PERSONALLY.

Cliche. And overused stereotype or archetype of a character. None of these characters jumped out at me, they were all like cut and paste copies of other characters from other shows, movies, etc.

I get that they all have a chance to develop and have some real character development and drama. But this game didn't catch my attention so much that I HAVE to buy it.

Should I apologize for not liking it?

• I didn't mean saying lesbian in a derogatory term, I don't even know if lesbo is a derogatory term for Lesbian. I didn't mean any offense. And the slang that they used in the game was really dumb IMO. But, to each his own as you obviously showed dislike for my own. But back to the point, I think we can be at fairly certain Chloe is bisexual or gay now. So, if this game is about choice why wouldn't the player be able to reciprocate romantic feelings if the prompt came up? I just saying, it wouldn't surprise me.

The plot is cool, IMO. The whole tornado coming for them is a really awesome idea on how they can handle warning the town. What I don't like are the characters. And dialogue. It's just not something I like.

(And BTW, I like slower plot development, but again I say, this game is no jumping out at me.)

• Sorry, didn't check. And yeah they probably know they have some competition by now ;)

I just posted this before. Beat ya to it lol

• What says Chloe is gay or bisexual? Did you see her kissing a girl, see her with a girl, or hear her say she was lesbian?

I didn't mean saying lesbian in a derogatory term, I don't even know if lesbo is a derogatory term for Lesbian. I didn't mean any offense. A

• This is very bad.The worst game!

• It was pretty obvious to me that she was, it would be a suprise to me if she and the missing girl were just friends

What says Chloe is gay or bisexual? Did you see her kissing a girl, see her with a girl, or hear her say she was lesbian?

• You probably didn't even play it :P

Sherlock221 posted: »

This is very bad.The worst game!

• I wish Bungie would have stuck with halo ad well, though I do feel they could make another really interesting story if they set out to.

I don't agree that 343 is fucking up halo though. The multiplayer isn't as good as it used to be, but the story and singleplayer is still great.

Yeah it wasn't what it was advertised to be. The gameplay was fun but it got boring after a month or so. I wish Bungie would just go back to halo. They should have stuck with what they knew. Now 343 is fucking up one of my favorite games.

• LMAO! XD

• Alt text

Sherlock221 posted: »

This is very bad.The worst game!

• edited February 2015

Damn, What a shitty game. Big waste of time.

Poor poor Salinger, He would have committed suicide if he was still alive. The name Max Caulfield is obviously a reference to Holden, And the poster is her room is also a direct reference to The catcher in the rye. Except that the game isn't anywhere near The catcher in the rye, On any level.

Loser, Anti social, Criminally hipster, Pretentious protagonist which I couldn't help but strongly resent. Don't let me get started on the others, Corniest characterization I've seen in a long while. Script and the dialogues... Plain horrible. Probably written by a 16 yo retarded kid who is under the heavy influence of every cheesy 80s teenage movie that there was.

I could go on forever, But let's sum it up: Do not waste your time and money on this, [Mod edit: Last comment redacted]

• Jeez aren't you just a ray of sunshine. Alot of people actually love this game, just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it bad.

Damn, What a shitty game. Big waste of time. Poor poor Salinger, He would have committed suicide if he was still alive. The name Max Caul

• Do not waste your time and money on this, Except if you're an Anti social, Geeky, Pretensions, Delusional hipster.

Wow.... really? If you don't like the game, that's fine. But to judge people for getting it, that's another thing.

Damn, What a shitty game. Big waste of time. Poor poor Salinger, He would have committed suicide if he was still alive. The name Max Caul

• Don't know if it has been mentioned before but episode 2 is already in the game files and it's fully playable except for a couple of glitches here and there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.