Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• I played it.I didn't like it. Any problem?

You probably didn't even play it :P

• Excellent post and I totally agree. I'm usually not one for teen dramas, but I loved this for basically the same reasons you stated. One of the main reasons I like this game is how it is totally relatable to real life. I've known people like Victoria, Max and Chloe in my real life so it was cool to see something so relatable and I felt instant connection to Chloe and Max because they remind me of myself and my life in alot of ways. (Except I'm a guy lol)

• Tell me what you didn't like about it then.

Sherlock221 posted: »

I played it.I didn't like it. Any problem?

• I suppose the fact that you like it makes it good... ?

Jeez aren't you just a ray of sunshine. Alot of people actually love this game, just because you don't like it, it doesn't make it bad.

• Well, I don't want people making my mistake, Wasting time on something like this.

Do not waste your time and money on this, Except if you're an Anti social, Geeky, Pretensions, Delusional hipster. Wow.... really? If you don't like the game, that's fine. But to judge people for getting it, that's another thing.

• No but alot of people did like it.

I suppose the fact that you like it makes it good... ?

• Which is all fine and dandy, but was adding "Except if you're an Anti social, Geeky, Pretensions, Delusional hipster," necessary to make the point you don't think the game is worth the money? It's an obvious jab at the people who do like it and has little/nothing to do with the game itself.

Well, I don't want people making my mistake, Wasting time on something like this.

• Well alright. But there is a demo for it, and videos that folks can watch to judge their decision to buy it or not. Reviews mean diddly. Best to look at the real thing with your own eyes. Like everything in this world, you either like it or hate it. But still, try to not generalize/judge players for something they like. It really rubs people off the wrong way and begs for fights (I've seen that happen all the time, trust me). Just respect people for liking the game, not everyone will like the same thing as you. Okie dokie?

Well, I don't want people making my mistake, Wasting time on something like this.

• edited February 2015

Exactly, thank you.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Which is all fine and dandy, but was adding "Except if you're an Anti social, Geeky, Pretensions, Delusional hipster," necessary to make the

• edited February 2015

Does anyone here have a list of all the male and female characters in the game(first episode)? I have an idea and I need to know all the characters names (I suck at remembering. )

• Wanted to add this I just found also:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/06/telling-tales-game-of-thrones-vs-life-is-strange/

Pretty good read and I mostly agree with it, except for the bad writing and voice acting part. Was the writing super great and revolutionary? No, but I thought it was decent. As for the voice acting, man I loved the voice acting honestly. The characters sound natural to me and for people complaining about the use of the word "hella" I just chalk it up to being something unique to Chloe's character and personality.

• I've seen Pewdiepie's play-through and it was an absolutely terrible one. He skipped over at least 40% of the game, the parts where you can run around and examine objects or talk to people. He mainly insulted everyone he came across and kept acting like an ass whenever something relevant to the plot happened. In the end he said he "liked it", but I think he was just pandering to the people that suggested the game to him considering the way he acted on his play-through. What I'm saying was his play-through was a poor representation of the game, just like trying to speed-run through TWD as quickly as possible. It's fine that you don't like the game, but please don't use Pewdiepie's play-through as a reason to hate it.

I watched PewdiePie play this. And wow. I am for sure not buying it, and will only watch others playthroughs. I have never seen so many clic

• Good for them.

No but alot of people did like it.

• That's my point too, Since apparently that's the target audience of this game.

Which is all fine and dandy, but was adding "Except if you're an Anti social, Geeky, Pretensions, Delusional hipster," necessary to make the

• One, That's my view. Two, I don't hate this game. Three, that was an honest recommendation.

Well alright. But there is a demo for it, and videos that folks can watch to judge their decision to buy it or not. Reviews mean diddly. Bes

• That's Pewdiepie. He just plays games and makes jokes suitable for 6 year olds.

DoubleJump posted: »

I've seen Pewdiepie's play-through and it was an absolutely terrible one. He skipped over at least 40% of the game, the parts where you can

• Nope. You don't, but it would be nice if your reasons were more contructive then just saying "cliché" as it means little anymore. Most films, books and tv etc, copy ideas from somewhere. I don't think the dialogue is that bad. Only the odd response here and there.

I'm pretty certain that Pewdiepie talks more like a normal person than most of the characters in that game. All the dialogue coming from mos

• edited February 2015

Damn, Nathan is ripped! Here's to hoping that this will be an actual secret ending later in the game as well. XD

NEW TRAILER! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqG2DkuJH4 I'm not sorry

• Watching PewdiePie play it was just a slim representation of the game yes. And not the best one I know that. So if I didn't like the game then I didn't like it.

DoubleJump posted: »

I've seen Pewdiepie's play-through and it was an absolutely terrible one. He skipped over at least 40% of the game, the parts where you can

• I've been reading some of your previous comments and I can't help but feel you are getting a bit aggressive. Dude, I don't like the games, is that not okay with you or other people? I know my reasons might sound idiotic to other people but that can be said about just about anything, especially if we're talking about differing views.

And I could be wrong about Chloe but the way she talked about the missing girl insinuated to me they were closer than just friends. At the very least Chloe seems to view that girl differently than the main character.

What says Chloe is gay or bisexual? Did you see her kissing a girl, see her with a girl, or hear her say she was lesbian?

• Fair enough.

Watching PewdiePie play it was just a slim representation of the game yes. And not the best one I know that. So if I didn't like the game then I didn't like it.

• What I mean exactly when I say these character types have been overused I'm pretty sure that sort of spoke for itself. For one, has the outcast unpopular child with a special gift been overused in the fictional world? Yeah it's still interesting that she has the power and she foresaw a tornado destroying the town and that she can time travel, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the fact that despite her being that out cast like character the teacher seems to love her, and that there's that token bitch girl who hates her for no apparent reason (as of right now we could argue that the teacher might like the player character due to her perceived gift of photography and that butch girl perceives that and hates her for it.)

Then there are the bitch girls little hip friends who seemingly wait in her hand and foot.

Then there's Chloe's dad whom is that step parent. This one pissed me off the most because that trope has been severely overused. To the point that in real life almost every person I meet perceives my own step father as a asshole to me. When in reality he is better than my biological father. I think his character is probably up to something sinister but I can also maybe see him coming around and maybe being nicer to Chloe. Either way I'd like to see him go farther than the douchebag step father to maybe a possible ally or a dangerous enemy.

Lastly, I did not mean to say all the characters were tropes or cliches. There were some that were decent and have more potential than most of the cast. But regardless of my review and reflection in the game and characters I still won't be buying the game. There are other games that I have been wanting to play and tie one didn't make me feel compelled enough to play it myself.

And one more thing in reference to me watching PewdiePie. I do a lot of work from home and make a lot of my income from doing work on my computer. Namely drawing, people commission me to draw them stuff. So when I have to sit at my computer for 6 - 8 hours at a time, I like to listen to someone talking and since I don't want to be listening to TV I listen to YouTubers play games. When it's late at night and I'm tired, PewdiePie sometimes obnoxious and idiotic commentary which can be funny keeps me awake enough to not fall asleep at my desk. So what if I think what he says and does it occasionally funny? I don't care that other people hate him for his brainless commentary? If someone doesn't like him then I totally understand.

Revec posted: »

Nope. You don't, but it would be nice if your reasons were more contructive then just saying "cliché" as it means little anymore. Most films

• Yep this is about how I felt about the characters as well.

Damn, What a shitty game. Big waste of time. Poor poor Salinger, He would have committed suicide if he was still alive. The name Max Caul

• edited February 2015

So your alternative point was to purposefully degrade the people who enjoy the game? I'll put a lot of time and consideration into the argument of someone who attacks the person and not the person's stance...... not.

That's my point too, Since apparently that's the target audience of this game.

• No, It was simply a recommendation.

So your alternative point was to purposefully degrade the people who enjoy the game? I'll put a lot of time and consideration into the argument of someone who attacks the person and not the person's stance...... not.

• Just like all those choir kids who wouldn't talk to me after I botched on reciting Pavarotti's autobiography.

Skater boy won't interact unless I can parrot his skate lingo? Yeah, no teenage boy wants to hangout with a cute girl his age who's asking HIM to hang out unless she knows his lingo. Right?

• I'm just saying don't act like your opinion is the only one that matters and badmouth people that actually enjoyed the game.

Good for them.

• I got the first episode it was pretty fun though some of the choices didn't seem to matter unless it effects later epsiodes.

• Not being aggressive and I don't see what says I am being aggressive. Just pointing stuff out.

I've been reading some of your previous comments and I can't help but feel you are getting a bit aggressive. Dude, I don't like the games, i

• I don't remember saying that, And I'm not tying to offend anyone. What I wrote was honestly what I thought.

I'm just saying don't act like your opinion is the only one that matters and badmouth people that actually enjoyed the game.

• Just pointing stuff out rather rudely if you ask me. But then again everything I say is shit so you can just disregard that too.

Not being aggressive and I don't see what says I am being aggressive. Just pointing stuff out.

• I apologize if I came off that say, it wasn't my intentions.

Just pointing stuff out rather rudely if you ask me. But then again everything I say is shit so you can just disregard that too.

• Watering the plant is gonna come back to bite us just watch xD

coolsome posted: »

I got the first episode it was pretty fun though some of the choices didn't seem to matter unless it effects later epsiodes.

• edited February 2015

So I got this game, I found it abit boring but I can see there will be a story line focused around the occult further down the line so that intrigues me. Max is dull as dishwater and a sociopath, chloes a bigger loser than max.

Chloes licence plate reads TWIN PEAKS so thats intresting I like lynch so if the game has those types of influences I will be intrested in later eps.

Whats with the love for the soundtrack it was more boring than maxs personality and that is some achievement. The song chloe listened to was that supposed to be punk? Maybe her taste in music was supposed to clarify that shes a total poser

The first ep is called chrysilis so I guess that means max will transform (hopefully into someone I can give a damn about)

The game could benefit from some more puzzles as well, I think this would have been much better if it had all been released at once its overall abit dry at the moment and the story hasn't started at all its hard to tell what direction its going a two parter would have been better because ive played games with slow burning stories like this and they usually dont hook you till about a third of the way in

Edit: what the hell is the point of the drone?

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited February 2015

I have to say I was pretty impressed with it overall. From the gameplay perspective one thing is for certain, Telltale could REALLY learn a thing or two with their mechanics. I love how I feel like I had full control over Max and was actually able to look around with a free reigning camera. I felt like I could actually explore (because I actually could), and I loved how there was a craptonne of stuff to interact with. I also like rewind mechanic, it was actually pretty bat-shit awesome to rewind time and see how things play out in different ways. I could've been a complete ass one second, and the next second been the nicest person ever. It was actually pretty neat being able to see it. I also felt like the choices were quite weightier than most of TT's recent works (particularly in comparison to TWD S2). I also like how they went the extra mile and even added a diary which is actually quite well done and thought out. You can tell Dontnod put quite a bit of effort into it. I really like Max's character too, she's that awkward geek that is placed in a situation that leaves her with a big responsibly. Heck she's actually quite similar to Peter Parker in that regard. Especially since like 80% of the dialogue from her is her own inner monologue, which I think is far better than talking to yourself (looking at you Lee, Clementine & Bigby). The music was really good too.

What I don't like? The lip syncing, some of the dialogue can be a bit, "Ech" at times. It's not like that all the time, but when it is it's quite noticeable. Also (this might be getting nitpicky) but I hated it when Max brought up Final Fantasy The Spirits Within (she does it when you interact with one of the TVs). Yeah I know the game was published by Square but I still feel like that was like a shameless self-promo. And holy shit, they had puzzles in it. I even forgot that Telltale used to do them. Even though there were few of them, they were still fun. Especially since you had to tinker with the time-bending abilities.

I'll also give the game props for actually portraying the teenage life in a believable way. Aside from the whole time travel part obviously. Even if it does give a cringey Juno-like vibe (especially the ending).

• "I don't hate this game"

You called it a shitty game just a few hours ago and even insulted people who did like it. You're not going to get along with anyone here with that sort of attitude, I can assure you that.

One, That's my view. Two, I don't hate this game. Three, that was an honest recommendation.

• I just dislike it.

CathalOHara posted: »

"I don't hate this game" You called it a shitty game just a few hours ago and even insulted people who did like it. You're not going to get along with anyone here with that sort of attitude, I can assure you that.

• Yeah one thing I didn't like was the lip syncing, it wasn't bad all the time, but when it was it was really noticeable and yeah sometimes dialogue can be a bit weird, but teenagers do say the dumbest things sometimes lol. Anyways glad you liked the episode hope you stick around for the next 4 episodes :). The game kind of reminded me of a mix between a Quantic Dream game, a Telltale game, and a little bit of Persona(when it comes to the school setting and socializing with other students).

CathalOHara posted: »

I have to say I was pretty impressed with it overall. From the gameplay perspective one thing is for certain, Telltale could REALLY learn a

• If I had to compare it to other games it would be the Telltale's gameplay formula, Alan Wake's intro, Rockstar's Bully characters, and FF13: Lightning Return's Plot (much smaller scale obviously). Sprinkle in some indie music and BAM you get Life is Strange.

Yeah one thing I didn't like was the lip syncing, it wasn't bad all the time, but when it was it was really noticeable and yeah sometimes di

• Oh I most certainly will be! I bought the Season Pass just there.

Yeah one thing I didn't like was the lip syncing, it wasn't bad all the time, but when it was it was really noticeable and yeah sometimes di

Sign in to comment in this discussion.