Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Giving your opinion on the game is fine, but insulting people who like it is not OK. Please try to leave comments like that out of the discussion next time. Thanks!

Damn, What a shitty game. Big waste of time. Poor poor Salinger, He would have committed suicide if he was still alive. The name Max Caul

• edited February 2015

Mmm.
    I liked the game.

But I don't feel the same urge of replaying it asap that GoT gave to me.

• Guitar time again and again with Rocker Max. Gotta love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDEAU41ML5o

• Edit: what the hell is the point of the drone?

Well apparently it isn't a weapon.

The more you know.

So I got this game, I found it abit boring but I can see there will be a story line focused around the occult further down the line so that

• Yeah but whats the point of being able to fly it, do you use it to spy in someone in particular or is it just a thing you can do to pass time like the guitar?

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Edit: what the hell is the point of the drone? Well apparently it isn't a weapon. The more you know.

• Really??? any videos of it?

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but episode 2 is already in the game files and it's fully playable except for a couple of glitches here and there.

• I can't find any myself but it most certainly is true it would seem. The Steam Community is haywire about it actually being playable. Seems the game intends to keep a solid schedule too. And I honestly don't mind waiting. I'd rather wait a month for the second episode than have it now and wait two months for the third.

#TeamSarah posted: »

Really??? any videos of it?

• edited February 2015

So Episode 2 is technically already made? If the episode is pretty much done they should release it. Telltale is actually making their episodes live, but these guys have a fully playable episode and they are making people wait for it. That kind of sucks.

EDIT - The leak is real and the episode is "playable". It really sucks that the episode got leaked, but the build is still pretty glitchy, so there's no real point to even playing it, since it's such a mess.

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but episode 2 is already in the game files and it's fully playable except for a couple of glitches here and there.

• That means loads of people will hack it, they should make the next ep free otherwise its unfair on the honest joes

• I... didn't know you could fly it. I tried rewinding time..... maybe I didn't go back far enough?

Yeah but whats the point of being able to fly it, do you use it to spy in someone in particular or is it just a thing you can do to pass time like the guitar?

• Yeah, after the girl who's controlling the drone tells you off, look in her backpack it'll give you the name of the drone, now go back in time and talk to her, now you have the option to show off your drone smarts and she'll let you fly it around, it's on a fixed course though, so you can't control it.

I... didn't know you could fly it. I tried rewinding time..... maybe I didn't go back far enough?

• No they shouldn't, that's like saying every developer should make their game free since people can just pirate it.

That means loads of people will hack it, they should make the next ep free otherwise its unfair on the honest joes

• Oh interesting. I looked at the box, rewound time, then talked to her again and just got the "go away," speech again. Guess I just didn't go far enough back lol. Something to try next time.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, after the girl who's controlling the drone tells you off, look in her backpack it'll give you the name of the drone, now go back in ti

• The story was fine but it was way too short in the 4th one. And I've tried the the multiplayer beta for halo 5 and they changed up so much shit from the last one that its starting to feel more like a cod now. I just hope they don't fuck up the singleplayer too.

I wish Bungie would have stuck with halo ad well, though I do feel they could make another really interesting story if they set out to. I

• edited February 2015

Hey i remember 3 or 4 users saying theyd help out on the wiki when i needed them to, well i was wondering if someone could please help me right now? xD

I need a lot of help with some really basic stuff (editing character pages, adding information about the character or the plot) Theres about 20 - 30 characters in this game so we need some help from someone willing to :).

Click here to help! :)

• Even all episode 3 choices are in the files.

So Episode 2 is technically already made? If the episode is pretty much done they should release it. Telltale is actually making their episo

• edited February 2015

They might want to fix some bugs and maybe fix the lip synching first or maybe they don't want to release it immediately because they aren't close to being done with episode 3 and they don't want to release episode 2 now and make people wait like 3 months for the next episode.

CathalOHara posted: »

I can't find any myself but it most certainly is true it would seem. The Steam Community is haywire about it actually being playable. Seems

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Wow the developers really messed up by leaving the episode 2 files in episode 1, they are clearly upset about it but they should have done better checks to stop this from happening.

From the steam forums

scottb

We’ve seen the leak of later episodes of Life is Strange and it deeply saddens us that something we’ve invested so much time and passion into is available unfinished and not as we intended you to experience it. Please support us by ignoring the temptation to download work in progress code, we promise you there are still plenty of things we’re improving and polishing and episode 2 will be ready for release in mid-march

Square_Jason

To say its seriously disheartening to see the unfinished episode leaked in such a way is a serious understatement.. The dev team at dontnod have been putting everything into this game, and am truly thankful to the community for being so understanding and supportive of them.

I believe its been announced there is approximately 6 weeks between Episodes, and they most definitely are not finished already and just being held back for dramatic effect, the team will be working on them right up to the wire am sure :)

I would also like to ask everyone not to post any leaked video's or screenshots as it could spoil the game for people and we also don't want to advocate it as most people here hated it when TWD season 2 episode 4 leaked onto youtube and spoilt major character deaths and when the choices leaked.

• I didn't really like it...I found it quite.....boring.

I wanted to turn it off halfway through it was just so 'American' and stupid. It was only in the ending where it really gripped me, that's when I wanted to find out what happened next other than that it was really bland. Its very cliché and annoying however this is just my opinion. I have high hopes for episode 2.

• Weak characters, specially Max.Terrible choosing system and very bad game play. Story is good but other things are terrible.

Tell me what you didn't like about it then.

• Yeah it feels way too much like CoD what with setting up your classes/load outs and stuff.

The story was fine but it was way too short in the 4th one. And I've tried the the multiplayer beta for halo 5 and they changed up so much s

• That choice was pretty hilarious. I never thought that watering a plant would be such a big deal. lol

Watering the plant is gonna come back to bite us just watch xD

• edited February 2015

I didn't like this first episode.
    I didn't really go into it with any kind of expectations at all, since the only reason I bought it was because it was super-cheap and I'd heard a couple of youtubers mention it here and there, so I decided to give it a shot. First of all, I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but it was really glitchy and the speech kept skipping or repeating itself which made it almost impossible to become immersed in the initial moments of the story. Thankfully that seemed to sort itself out after the first 20 minutes or so, but it was a really frustrating way to start off. When it did stop glitching out I, like many others, found it to be boring and thoroughly underwhelming. 1 - Voice acting was abysmal for everyone except Chloe, and even then that couldn't hide the fact that 2 - the script sounded as though it had been written by OAPs. The teenage slang used by the characters is from at least two decades ago and just sounds awkward and out-of-place; like I say, clearly the script writers have no idea how to write teenagers without 3 - just making every single character a walking bunch of clichés. This frustrated the hell out of me. Max is so unlikeable it's a joke, she is the epitome of a Mary-Sue character (supposedly average girl with low self-esteem who feels like they don't fit in and worries about people thinking she's weird but in actual fact is pretty much liked by everybody, except the three bitchy girls who think they are god's gift, and has a male friend who is clearly into her but for some reason is too dumb to see it) With her constant whining and angsty comments she just turned me off completely, not to mention as I said earlier, her entirely dead-pan and dull-as-ditch-water voice acting. Every other character was just the definition of unoriginal; as well as the Mary-Sue protagonist you had the gang of bitchy girls who just seem to have it in for Max for no reason, the attractive male teacher who thinks Max is something special (god knows why) much to the envy of all the other female students, the desperate-puppy male friend who wants to be more than friends but just ends up making a fool of himself trying to impress/win over Max, and why not also throw in a rebellious stoner best-friend who is a rebel (you can tell because she smokes and has tattoos and blue hair and listens to her music too loud and disrespects her step-dad!) and might be a bad influence on you because, did I mention she's a rebel? The one thing about this that I think was cool was the rewind-time mechanic, which meant you could go through a conversation or action sequence seeing the response you got from picking certain options, and then replay it choosing other options or perhaps new ones which had been unlocked by the responses you got before. However, it does kind of negate the whole choice-based game thing, because it means that you can rewind as many times as you want, seeing what all different options do, and then make a choice based on which one turns out the best, making it possible to have the 'perfect' play-through. Part of what is exciting about choice-based games is that you don't know how picking a different option could've altered the story, that your choices can't be undone (unless you play through the whole thing again) and you have to deal with the consequences of your actions. The rewind mechanic makes it possible to evade making choices that will have negative impacts on the story, which in my opinion kind of defeats the point of choice-based games. But anyway, that's just my opinion. If you enjoyed this game that's great, but unless the next episodes are even cheaper I don't think I'll be continuing with Life is Strange.

• My Lord the leaked file for Episode 2 is really tempting but,... I'm not gonna spoil myself just yet!!!! DARN IT!!

• Good lord it's TWD 204 all over again. -_-

Mat_Den96 posted: »

My Lord the leaked file for Episode 2 is really tempting but,... I'm not gonna spoil myself just yet!!!! DARN IT!!

• Yeah ok, but, can you keep it to yourself? There's nothing worse than having something spoiled.

Mat_Den96 posted: »

My Lord the leaked file for Episode 2 is really tempting but,... I'm not gonna spoil myself just yet!!!! DARN IT!!

• I didn't played it as the matter of fact, just stumble upon 4chan thread. Anyway, thanks for the warning. I hate spoilers, people spoiling for other people and I won't spoil for anyone else IF I ever played it. Spoilers just ruined the excitement.

Yeah ok, but, can you keep it to yourself? There's nothing worse than having something spoiled.

• Personally found the choosing system more immersive and the gameplay way smoother than telltales stuff. (Also quite liked Max)

Sherlock221 posted: »

Weak characters, specially Max.Terrible choosing system and very bad game play. Story is good but other things are terrible.

• Terrible choosing system? The choosing system is better than telltalegames, because it actually notifies you when you make a big choice and what bad gameplay? It's basically the same as telltalegames (except for the rewind ability and LIS actually has "hub" areas to let you interact with other characters.)

Sherlock221 posted: »

Weak characters, specially Max.Terrible choosing system and very bad game play. Story is good but other things are terrible.

• I feel bad for them :( man screw anyone who tries to hack the game. These guys put alot of effort and hard work into it, it would be a dick move to hack it because for one like I said the developers put alot of work into it, so stealing it for free would be stealing money from the developers and two if people steal the game they won't make enough money to make a sequel or more games.(they already went bankrupt once).

The developers probably didn't realize what they were doing when they put the files in there after all this is there second game only.

OzzyUK posted: »

Wow the developers really messed up by leaving the episode 2 files in episode 1, they are clearly upset about it but they should have done b

• The only good thing about the hack is well nothing, but what I'm trying to say is since Life is Strange is a lesser known game alot of people won't hear about the hack which is good. Hell we wouldn't have known about it if no one said anything on here.

Yeah ok, but, can you keep it to yourself? There's nothing worse than having something spoiled.

• I think it's a ok game so far, but I honestly didn't enjoy it that much.

The dialogue is very cringe-worthy at times, and it has this annoying 'slang' to it.

Also, basically every character represents a stereotype:

• David, the asshole paranoid cop who was in combat and thinks that gives him an excuse to be a total dick

• Max, the silent, introvert girl who was superpowers

• Chloe, the cool, drug-dealing girl with rough language who turns out to have family problems etc

You can go on and on.

Now, what I liked is the story, it's an interesting setup so far. Also, the time rewind feature is kinda cool and good integrated, but takes away from the feeling a bit (but not too much).

The choice system is also a big plus, Telltale could really learn something from that. But here you have to note again that most options are kind of the same when you talk to someone (chat, not choices).

Overall, I would give this Episode a 7/10.

I like the game so far, but it tries so to be 'cool' and 'hip'. The thing is: it doesn't need that. It would actually be better without it.

Still looking forward to the next Episode though.

• Wow that's awful. Freakin hackers eh? Try to ruin TWD, now Life is Strange. On one hand the devs should have been smart about this, but on the other people should just let it be and enjoy it when it comes out.

OzzyUK posted: »

Wow the developers really messed up by leaving the episode 2 files in episode 1, they are clearly upset about it but they should have done b

• Just one error in that good review. Chloe wasn't a drug dealer, Nathan was :)

I think it's a ok game so far, but I honestly didn't enjoy it that much. The dialogue is very cringe-worthy at times, and it has this ann

• And David isn't a cop :P

Revec posted: »

Just one error in that good review. Chloe wasn't a drug dealer, Nathan was

• That was an opinion.

Giving your opinion on the game is fine, but insulting people who like it is not OK. Please try to leave comments like that out of the discussion next time. Thanks!

• Ah yes. He's a security guard. I know what he means though. :)

And David isn't a cop :P

• A fair assessment and some pretty good points. :) I'm not saying the episode was the greatest thing ever, but I'd give it a 9 out of 10 but that's mostly because I love games like this.

I think it's a ok game so far, but I honestly didn't enjoy it that much. The dialogue is very cringe-worthy at times, and it has this ann

• One thing I kinda forgot to say was I like how it doesn't treat the player as dumb. If you go exploring in the world, you're rewarded with snippets of information about people and the plot. The slower pacing really helps with that as you don't feel pressured or pushed from scene to scene while you explore.

There's some really nice moments when you start exploring Chloe's house for example. If you look on the floor near the TV, Max tells you a story about Chloe and her when they were younger and their first drink of wine. Sit on the settee and you'll hear Max recollecting that very moment. Go outside and look at the drawing and another memory will be triggered of what they did when they were younger.

My favourite one though is on the swing. If Max sits on the swing, you'll hear her and Chloe back when they were 14 talking about the future. It's sad to hear Chloe then, as she was clearly a very happy child till her father died and Max left; it left her a complete wreck. The scenery during that memory is gorgeous too.

A fair assessment and some pretty good points. I'm not saying the episode was the greatest thing ever, but I'd give it a 9 out of 10 but that's mostly because I love games like this.

• Why are we expected to act as though the shooting at the beginning is unprovoked the bitch was trying to rob a drugdealer, a crazy one to boot and the bitch got shot that shit happens every day! who the hell does she think she is running her mouth making threats she cant follow up then she shits herself when her mugging attempt backfires! little miss big I am wet her panties, Reality Slap BOOM

Sign in to comment in this discussion.