The fall of Telltale? Not likely.

edited December 2014 in Minecraft: Story Mode

You know, I was an ass towards this idea, hated it from the very beginning, belittled Telltale and people who disagreed with my perspective on it, but you know, after thinking about it in the last couple of days, I'm giving it a chance.

Minecraft is most definitely an odd choice, but for fuck's sake people, this "fall of Telltale" bullshit has got to stop, it's getting ridiculous, Telltale are still making the game and they're not cancelling other franchises, I don't know, people being little children about this, is starting to piss me off.

The fall of Telltale is not even upon us, and people claiming that it is, when that's not true.

Yes, I'm defending this idea, I have changed, because I GREW UP.

Comments

• I agree. Its certainly not Telltale's fall at all. Its just a rather stupid decision, in my opinion.

• You know, Walking Dead could have been seen as a stupid decision back in the day.

I agree. Its certainly not Telltale's fall at all. Its just a rather stupid decision, in my opinion.

• This thread.

Alt text

• Maybe, maybe not.

J-Master posted: »

You know, Walking Dead could have been seen as a stupid decision back in the day.

• Finally I can comment! Anyway I seen a lot of hate comments towards this idea. While they have the right to hate all the want,some of these comments are kinda going over the top.

• edited December 2014

" Minecraft: Story Mode is the Fall of Telltale"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o

iHeartTWD posted: »

Finally I can comment! Anyway I seen a lot of hate comments towards this idea. While they have the right to hate all the want,some of these comments are kinda going over the top.

• Agreed. If anything, this will help Telltale. The main reason for this game was a cash grab IMO.

• I'm still not bought on the idea. I don't know why Telltale couldn't just make their own universe and lore, it would be the same amount of work. Minecraft has little lore or story to work around and they would've had the same creative freedom (Maybe even more) if they created their own original IP, which on it's own would've probably gotten more fan support. It's already been stated that this won't explain the world of Minecraft or feature it's only real character Steve...I still only see this as an attempt of Telltale to grab the fans of Minecraft.

Is it the fall of Telltale? No. However is it an attempt to grab new fans into their genre instead of creating a new IP? Yes.

• "“I think we’re in a position now where we’re having IP come to us, and we’re saying we can’t actually accommodate you,”" -Telltale

If you're Telltale and you're on the phone for an hour or two and they're offering you a good IP let's say like Bioshock and you tell them "Sorry we can't accommodate you at the moment" then a few months later they see how you picked Minecraft instead of the serious IP you were being offered then chances are they won't call you again.

• You know, you don't always get what you want, and sure there are franchises that I would like Telltale to adapt, but you know, I'm not Telltale, so there's nothing I can really do about it, except play their games and critique them if I like.

"“I think we’re in a position now where we’re having IP come to us, and we’re saying we can’t actually accommodate you,”" -Telltale If yo

• Yes, I'm defending this idea, I have changed, because I GREW UP.

Okay. But not liking something doesn't mean you're not growing up.

• edited December 2014

You have a point, but you know, I'll be optimistic on this one, I might even even enjoy this title the same way I enjoyed Tales, but if I don't care for the first or second episode then I won't care for it. Telltale creating their own universe and characters would be amazing, but I guess they're just not ready to do that yet.

I'm still not bought on the idea. I don't know why Telltale couldn't just make their own universe and lore, it would be the same amount of w

• Not really the point, if you're going to act like a child and say this is the worst thing the studio has ever done and start petitioning for the game not to be made while not getting at least a screenshot or trailer, then that's not really growing up.

Yes, I'm defending this idea, I have changed, because I GREW UP. Okay. But not liking something doesn't mean you're not growing up.

• Not really the point, if you're going to act like a child and say this is the worst thing the studio has ever done and start petitioning for the game not to be made while not getting at least a screenshot or trailer, then that's not really growing up.

Woah, wait, are you talking about yourself? As in you started a petition for it?

bro.

Not really the point, if you're going to act like a child and say this is the worst thing the studio has ever done and start petitioning for

• Um, I didn't, I was pissed off at the time, but I didn't start a petition. Those were just some examples from the haters.

Not really the point, if you're going to act like a child and say this is the worst thing the studio has ever done and start petitioning for

• So, if it's not you, why are you saying examples of haters? It's about you growing up like you said, not other people.

Um, I didn't, I was pissed off at the time, but I didn't start a petition. Those were just some examples from the haters.

• I ranted and raved on that this idea was terrible and shouldn't have happened and was being childish, someone else made a petition. Plenty of people are doing the same thing I was doing.

So, if it's not you, why are you saying examples of haters? It's about you growing up like you said, not other people.

• Plenty of people are doing the same thing I was doing.

okay. I get what you've been saying. I'm not going to further anything just incase my words seem hostile and a fight breaks out.

I ranted and raved on that this idea was terrible and shouldn't have happened and was being childish, someone else made a petition. Plenty of people are doing the same thing I was doing.

• You don't always get what you want

Life in a nutshell.

You know, you don't always get what you want, and sure there are franchises that I would like Telltale to adapt, but you know, I'm not Telltale, so there's nothing I can really do about it, except play their games and critique them if I like.

• so a company that has been makeing some great games since what 2006 goes under because of one game. yeah thats not how this works people.

• If you want to get technical about it, one could argue this company fell apart when Sean Vanaman and Jake Rodkin jumped ship. Every game Telltale has made since then has just been kind of meh. They can still start series off with a bang, but they have a hard time carrying that spark through their series anymore. With the direction Telltale has been heading in since TWD Season 1, can't say I blame them for leaving.

• Well it does kinda mean that we won't get another TWAU game soon, I personally don't think that whatever TTG will make it will be ok but Minecraft is the last thing I expected from TTG, there are better franchises, if they would have announced a CoD or Tiberian Sun game I would not be somewhat pissed but this is something I might actually not buy at all, of course they might make it into a mature, funny and good looking story game but I just don't see how and I defended Borderlands from day 1 and loved it so far because I liked Borderlands games.

• Not to sound rude, but did Telltale confirm a TWAU S2?

I quite liked the TWAU series so don't get the wrong idea. :P

Well it does kinda mean that we won't get another TWAU game soon, I personally don't think that whatever TTG will make it will be ok but Min

• [removed]

• Yes, it's true. All Walking Dead fans are obliged to buy a copy of Minecraft or there will never be a Season 3 of TWD. They will have brought it upon themselves!

• I love Sean and Jake a lot, and I'm hot on the heels of their new project, but neither was crucial in my favorite Telltale Season of all time (The Devil's Playhouse).

By the way, Firewatch may not be a Minecraft clone, but some mechanics definitely remind me of the wild freedom of that series.

If you want to get technical about it, one could argue this company fell apart when Sean Vanaman and Jake Rodkin jumped ship. Every game Tel

• Telltale never create new IPs.

I'm still not bought on the idea. I don't know why Telltale couldn't just make their own universe and lore, it would be the same amount of w

• Geez, Cope49, growing up wouldn't be so bad.

• No, they didn't. I personally doubt Telltale are going to make a TWAU S2, because it's a prequel.

Not to sound rude, but did Telltale confirm a TWAU S2? I quite liked the TWAU series so don't get the wrong idea. :P

• Probably my favorite comment on the topic.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Yes, it's true. All Walking Dead fans are obliged to buy a copy of Minecraft or there will never be a Season 3 of TWD. They will have brought it upon themselves!

• This is a perfect example of why people shouldn't be worrying about the Minecraft community coming to the forums - childish people like you are already here.

• I still don't like the idea, but you are right, Telltale's isn't going to fall because of this. I will also admit, I acted like a complete ass and a child when I heard this, that was a mistake, I overreacted to the idea. I was having a bad day already, this just pushed me over the edge, and while that is not an excuse for my actions, I realize that I was being very immature towards this. Like I said, I still don't fully like the idea, but that won't stop Telltale from making this game, the best thing we can all do is learn from the mistakes we have made and move on.

• But if Telltale falls 2 more will rise up in it's place, right? that's how companies work? jk. I think it's silly that people are blowing this Minecraft game out of proportion. Probably won't affect the other games Telltale are currently working on, but I'm sure if we even see the slightest drop in quality on GOT or TFTB people will get their pitch forks and torches. The best thing we can do now is just wait patiently for the other episodes to come out and keep an eye out for anything solid about this game. If you see it and still think it looks bad then don't play it, problem solved.

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited December 2014

Yes, I'm defending this idea, I have changed, because I GREW UP.

Pretentious aren't we?

I think i was the very best

the best that ever was

to catch them is my real quest

to catch them all is my cause

STDS

• edited December 2014

Look it doesn't matter if you want them to make a Minecraft game. Its still a bad move. How much story potential does Minecraft have? Next to none. Its probably the less deserving thing to get a game made after it. Telltale saw it as a money grab and took it. The only reason this section is overflowing with love is because moderators put the hate all in one thread. I get what people are saying about it being Telltale but I love Sega but Sonic 06 is still a shitty game. Secondly defending something you think is going to be a mistake doesn't make you mature by any means that is why people aren't following in your foot steps

• I'm not saying that if you don't like the idea, you're a child, I'm just saying that people complaining non stop that the game is going to be terrible without even seeing a screenshot or a trailer and ranting on and on that the game shouldn't be made and is stupid and people liking this idea are stupid is childish.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Yes, I'm defending this idea, I have changed, because I GREW UP. Pretentious aren't we? I think i was the very best the best that ever was to catch them is my real quest to catch them all is my cause STDS

• Childish people on both sides of the fence.

Who will be the bigger man, only time will tell.

I'm not saying that if you don't like the idea, you're a child, I'm just saying that people complaining non stop that the game is going to b

• edited December 2014

You know, back when Telltale were just making small independent, charming adventure games based on popular works, and to see them take on Walking Dead, could be seen as a bad move as well, thinking Telltale wouldn't be cut out to make something dramatic and interesting and look how that turned out.

Clemenem posted: »

Look it doesn't matter if you want them to make a Minecraft game. Its still a bad move. How much story potential does Minecraft have? Next t

• Well there is a clear difference between TWD and Minecraft. TWD had an amazing amount of story potential as seen with the comics and show. Minecraft doesn't have any of this. It was never meant to be a story

You know, back when Telltale were just making small independent, charming adventure games based on popular works, and to see them take on Wa

• That isn't to say Telltale can't create a good story out of something that doesn't have one.

Clemenem posted: »

Well there is a clear difference between TWD and Minecraft. TWD had an amazing amount of story potential as seen with the comics and show. Minecraft doesn't have any of this. It was never meant to be a story

Sign in to comment in this discussion.