Stranded: interactive story

Comments

• edited March 2015

[give it up]

mr.quality posted: »

Marcus Bishop "We have to go. Were not letting her die at the hands of those bastards." Marcus decided. "Alright, I'll go with you. We

• [give it up]

Yuri strikes me as someone who would do a check and who would not react kindly to finding out that Marcus kept a gun. And with his single gun, he won't stand much of a chance against the bandits either way.

Marcus Bishop "We have to go. Were not letting her die at the hands of those bastards." Marcus decided. "Alright, I'll go with you. We

• Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that I do t know if I'll be able to get a new part up tomorrow. I'm going to be at a contest with the FFA, so I'm going to be out for awhile. Sorry.

• Keep the gun

• Marcus Bishop

Fuck this. He thought as he took his gun out and shoved it into Greg's arms. He grunted, but otherwise said nothing. Either all the others didn't bring guns or they weren't going to give them up.

"Alright, lets get this started. Terry! Close the Fucking door! For heavens sake, do I have to do everything here?" The man yelled as he walked over to the desk and threw the dead man to the ground, taking a seat in the chair. "Alright. My fucking name is Yuri. I don't give a shit what your names are. The only names you need to know are Miah, and Kathryn. We have one of yours, we want one of ours." Yuri said.

"Who the fuck is Miah?" Marcus asked.

"To you, nobody. Just someone you need to find and return to us, preferably alive. But we'll also take dead. In return, you get you woman back." Yuri said.

"How do we know she's even alive?" Kevin asked, staring Yuri directly in the eyes.

"Alright, I expected you to say that. Greg! Bring her in!! Hurry!" Yuri yelled, dose this guy just like to yell or something? Greg remained silent but walked out of the room leaving just Yuri, Terry, and the group. Yuri pulled a desk drawer open and searched through it, pulling out a bottle.

"This place, it was a brewery ya know. It was fully operational up until the outbreak. " He said as he pulled the cap off and lifted the bottle to his lips. A moment later, Greg threw the door open and walked in. He was holding someone by the arm, they had a bag on their head and their arms were tied behind their back.

"Well, take the fucking bag off!" Yuri yelled, and Greg grabbed the burlap and yanked it off revealing a miserable looking Kathryn. She had a swollen black eye and a large gash under her eye. There were multiple bruises on her face and arms.

"Your going to have to excuse the appearance, she kept trying to run. Plus a few of my men, well. They have a thing for women." Yuri said. Marcus looked at Kathryn, she tried to avoid eye contact.

"Did they..." Marcus began.

"No, not yet. Were giving you a chance here, I wont let them touch her as long as long as you complete you task." Yuri said. Katheryn stood silently but Marcus could tell she was crying.

"But. If you refuse to take the task or fail to complete it, I will let my men have her all they want. She is quite lovely." Yuri said, keeping his voice low.

"Who are we looking for?" Angelica asked.

"Good to see your taking interest. Her name is Miah, she was being kept in our safety when she disappeared while she was scavenging with a small party. Your job is to find her and return her, no questions asked." Yuri said as he reached back and tapped Terry on the arm, he approached the table and threw a tan portfolio on it. Marcus grabbed it and opened it, a few black and white pictures were stuck inside along with a map. Each picture showed a smiling young woman who looked around 20, she looked... normal. What was she doing with these people?

"excuse the picture quality, we found a picture place and well, we don't have any experience with that kind of stuff. So that's what we got, there's also a map of her last known location. Which was around that corner store where we found her." Terry said as he motioned to Katheryn.

"Alright, enough of that. Are you going to take the job or let your friend die?" Yuri demanded in a loud voice.

choice

[take the job]

[refuse]

• [take the job]

I don't see any reason to refuse, bad things could happen if they do. So, why refuse when they can play along, at least for the time being.

Marcus Bishop Fuck this. He thought as he took his gun out and shoved it into Greg's arms. He grunted, but otherwise said nothing. Either

• Alright, a few things.

I need someone to make Miah.

More bandits would be nice, but not needed.

And I want to know what you guys are thinking about my story so far.

• [take the job]

I agree with Hope.

Very good chapter! The bandits are great. I mean, they are clearly not nice persons, but they are very entertaining.

Marcus Bishop Fuck this. He thought as he took his gun out and shoved it into Greg's arms. He grunted, but otherwise said nothing. Either

• [refuse]

• [take the job]

• Marcus Bishop

Marcus looked at the portfolio with the pictures in his hands. He didn't know this woman, he didn't know what she did. All he knew was he needed to find her to save Katheryn. Sadly this woman had ended up on the wrong side of the deal.

"So. Your answer is?" Yuri demanded.

"We'll take it. We'll find her. Just don't hurt Kathryn." Marcus said.

"Great! It looks like we have a deal! Now for the conditions-" Yuri began

"You didn't say anything about any conditions." Angelica said, Kevin gave her the 'shut up' look.

"Yeah, and I didn't ask for you to talk! Greg! Get this bitch out of here. Make her wait in the parking lot!" Yuri yelled. The big man, Greg, grunted and walked over to Angelica firmly placing his hand on her shoulder and just about throwing her out of the chair.

"Hey!" Marcus yelled moving over towards Angelia to help.

"Stop. Don't move. Turn around. Come back." Yuri said in a loud monotone voice. Marcus spun around to face Yuri but instead he was staring down the barrel of what looked like a CZ-45. Marcus froze as Greg forced Angelica out the office door.

"Now. The conditions." Yuri said, not taking the gun off Marcus. "You have one day. That's 24 hours to find her. If she's alive, you get your woman back. No problems. If she comes back injured, you can bet your woman will be injured. If she comes back dead, we keep your woman for a week. Then you can have her back. If you don't find her, we will keep your woman forever and you'll have hell to pay." Yuri said as a sinister smile pulled at the edge of his lips. "Now that that's out of the way, your 24 hours begins... Now. Until then were staying here, so you know where to find us. Now get going before I change my mind and cap both of you!" Yuri yelled. Markus looked over at Katheryn silently crying in the corner, slow tears moving down her bruised face and dripping onto the floor.

"Were going to get you out of here. Just hold on until then." Marcus said. Then he and Kevin both turned and walked out the office door. He swore he heard Yuri laughing as he shut the door.

outside in the parking lot Angelica, Kevin, and Marcus gathered around the hood of the silver SUV looking at the map Terry had given them. Three locations were circled in red ink. The bridge, The cannery, and the downtown district. Apparently Raccoon key wasn't a big island. They could probably get from each point to another pretty quickly. But they might not have enough time to search thoroughly. The bridge was close to the downtown district but both were farther away from the cannery.

"Where we headed first?" Kevin asked. "If we head for the bridge we could fall back and search downtown real fast afterward, but then we would miss the cannery. We could start at the cannery but then we'd have trouble getting through the bridge and downtown afterwards. And from what I've heard infected tore the cannery apart. But, you never know."

Choice

where should they go first?

[cannery]

[bridge]

[downtown]

• [cannery] It seems like as good of a place as any to start looking.

This Yuri guy is a asshat... I hope we get the chance to punch him in the face >:3

Marcus Bishop Marcus looked at the portfolio with the pictures in his hands. He didn't know this woman, he didn't know what she did. All

• that would be fun, wouldn't it? XD

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[cannery] It seems like as good of a place as any to start looking. This Yuri guy is a asshat... I hope we get the chance to punch him in the face >:3

• It would >:D

that would be fun, wouldn't it? XD

• [bridge]

Marcus Bishop Marcus looked at the portfolio with the pictures in his hands. He didn't know this woman, he didn't know what she did. All

• Great chapter! By the way, if nobody wants to create Miah, I'd do it, though I'd appreciate if somebody else would like to do this.

[bridge]

If infected tore the cannery apart, it does not seem good to go there.

• Name: Miah Daniels

Class: Bandit

Appearance: black short curly hair , brown eyes , 5,9 feet tall , thin , african-american.

Back story: She lived near the coast with her parents Her parents were lovely and caring , but she never love them. She hates everyone. She has a cousin called Yuri

Dislikes: Everythin

Job: She was a waitress before the ZA

Skills: Be Pessimistic , Outsmart people , Run

Relations to others: Yuri , her cousin

• Thanks!!

supersagig posted: »

Name: Miah Daniels Age: 21 Class: Bandit Appearance: black short curly hair , brown eyes , 5,9 feet tall , thin , african-american.

• [cannery]

• Coin flip decided to: Go to cannery.

Marcus Bishop

"We should head for the cannery first, then fall back to the bridge." Kevin said.

"Alright, whatever you say." Kevin said as he opened the car door and stepped in closing the door behind him. Marcus started the car engine and they were soon on their way to the cannery. As they left Marcus felt the guns of the bandits all aiming at the tailgate of the SUV. He didn't trust these guys.

"Just follow the highway and we should pass right by it." Kevin said.

"Alright." Marcus said as he urged the car onto the highway.

What seemed like an hour later, Marcus spotted a shabby looking building that looked half destroyed. Looking at it now, the possibility of this girl being in there seemed like next to none.

"We really going in there?" Angelica asked.

"Yeah, just don't take long. We have other places to be." Marcus replied as he placed the SUV in park and stepped out. It was easy getting in since there were no doors, windows, and had missing segments of wall. Inside wreaked of rotten meat, what kind of meat Marcus didn't want to know since it definitely wasn't fish. After about twenty minutes of searching behind overturned tables and broken-in freezers they had found nothing.

"Hey, lets get moving." Marcus said.

"Yeah, there's nothing here." Kevin muttered and the three of the walked out what used to be a door.

"I thought you said this place was infested." Angelica said.

"It was, last I heard." Kevin said. "But, that's only what I heard. I've never been outside the fence until now."

"I guess times are changing." Marcus said.

"Heh. Yeah, you could say that. Just a few days ago I would have been sitting on the deck of the worlds biggest luxury cruise ship, sipping on a margarita. Now I'm rooting around in a post apocalyptic playground looking for some girl named 'Miah'." Kevin remarked sarcastically. Marcus spotted the silver SUV glistening in the hot Georgia sun and walked over and opened the door followed by Kevin and Angelica. He twisted the key. The engine wined in reply but refused to start. Marcus tried again, same result.

"Fuck. We have a problem. Car wont start." Marcus said. "Damnit!" He yelled and bashed the steering wheel with his fists. Marcus swiftly jumped out of the car and threw the hood open.

"Mother fucker. Someone stole our battery." Kevin muttered joining Marcus.

"That's not all they took. They drained our gas and oil. We aren't getting anywhere with the car." Marcus said.

"Look around. There has to be another car around here somewhere, or a boat even." Marcus said.

"Wait, we weren't in there that long." Kevin said.

"Yeah, so?" Angelica said.

"Whoever this is might still be around here." Kevin said.

"Shit, were unarmed. I gave my gun to those guys and forgot to get it back." Marcus said, slowly turning in a circle taking in his surroundings.

"Not entirely." Angelica said as she pulled two pistols out from her back. "I hid them. Take 'em, I'm not a good shot anyway." She said handing a gun to Kevin and Marcus.

"Alright, stay tight. Stay low, head on a swivel. This guy could be anywhere." Marcus said. Marcus hear the sound of a trashcan getting knocked over.

"Ahhh! Someone! Help! Please!" A voice yelled, coming from around the side of the building.

"That has to be our guy. Come on." Marcus said as he rushed across the side of the parking lot towards the source of the voice.

"Ahhh!" The voice screamed again, obviously male. Marcus followed the sound and ended up on the side of the building, which was like an alley way.

"Help me!" The voice screamed.

"He's behind the dumpster." Marcus said, walking towards the dumpster passing a couple kicked in doors on one side and a chain link fence on the other. Marcus reached the dumpster and looked behind it, nothing but a brick wall. He stepped back and gave Kevin and Angelica a surprised look. Marcus joined them about ten feet in front of the dumpster.

"There's no one here." Marcus said

"How?" Kevin asked.

"No clue. Lets get moving." Marcus answered as the three of them turned their backs to the dumpster. Marcus heard a loud noise behind him.

"Don't move! Hands where I can see 'em!" A voice yelled from behind, the same voice from earlier. Marcus spun around and saw a man standing in the dumpster with a SAW machine gun perched on the edge trained on the three of them.

"Put your hands up!" Another voice yelled, Marcus turned around and saw a group of six people slowly moving down the alley way towards them from the same way they came in. around three people jumped over the chain link fence and landed on the cracked pavement.

"Put you hands where I can see them!" The man demanded again as they slowly approached down the alley. They were trapped. The pistol Marcus had burnt into his hand.

"He has a weapon! Drop the weapon!" Another voice yelled.

"Hands where I can see them!" Another yelled.

"Don't shoot!" Kevin yelled.

"shut up! On the ground! Now!" Someone yelled.

"Hands up!" Another yelled. Marcus' eyes darted around the alleyway, no exit. A dilapidated door hung lossley on its hinges a few meters away, if he could get there he could easily break it off its hinges. But he had the feeling these people had no problem mowing him down with a shower of lead. And what if Kevin or Angelica didn't make it? The blood would be on his hands. A thousand thought barraged Marcus' mind at once.

"Drop the weapon!" A man yelled. Breaking Marcus' train of though. Two options, run or surrender. The fight or flight response.

choice

[surrender]

[run]

• [surrender]

While I think Marcus might make it to the door, I don't want to endanger him, Kevin and Angelica.

Coin flip decided to: Go to cannery. Marcus Bishop "We should head for the cannery first, then fall back to the bridge." Kevin said.

• So, I've been thinking about making a new story after finishing this one. (Which might be awhile) And want your guys' input.

My idea for a story takes place in the war-torn streets of the United States during a deadly civil war/ enemy invasion (Haven't figured out which)

The story will follow the view point of a main character (Unknown at this time) As he tries to fight for what is right, many people will die and no one is safe. Fights erupt like a lightning storm, tearing entire towns down and ripping families apart. A serious of events will unfold bringing death to many and liberation to some.

So, what do you guys think? C'mon be honest! You wont hurt my feelings if you say its a shitty idea.

thanks!

• That's actually pretty fucking cool.

So, I've been thinking about making a new story after finishing this one. (Which might be awhile) And want your guys' input. My idea for

• [surrender]

Nice chapter!

Coin flip decided to: Go to cannery. Marcus Bishop "We should head for the cannery first, then fall back to the bridge." Kevin said.

• [run]

• It´s great!!!

So, I've been thinking about making a new story after finishing this one. (Which might be awhile) And want your guys' input. My idea for

• That sounds like a really cool idea, I'd love to read this!

• Thank you!!!

It´s great!!!

• Thanks!!!

finlander posted: »

That's actually pretty fucking cool.

• Thanks!!!

That sounds like a really cool idea, I'd love to read this!

• Thank you guys so much, I'll think it through and come up with more for it. I'll get around to making it someday.

• alright guys, here it is. Still working it out. It might change a little but here.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/92563/the-dark-before-the-dawn-interactive-story

• Sorry guys, no part tonight. I just got home and I'm pretty tired, also a little sick. So, I think I'm just gonna call it an early night. Sorry, I hate to disappoint you guy.

• It´s okay. Relax

Sorry guys, no part tonight. I just got home and I'm pretty tired, also a little sick. So, I think I'm just gonna call it an early night. Sorry, I hate to disappoint you guy.

• Thanks. I'm getting a cold, this sucks. :(

It´s okay. Relax

• Hope you get better soon :D. You are really cool

Thanks. I'm getting a cold, this sucks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.