Stranded: interactive story

Comments

• [let her go]

I guess she really needs to do this

mr.quality posted: »

Marcus Bishop Marcus's head roared with pain. He opened his eyes to find himself trapped in a dark room, most likely cheaply constructed

• Marcus Bishop

Marcus did nothing, just stood back and watched in horror as Kathryn wildly stabbed and slashed the dead body. Blood began splashing on his face and he took a few steps back. Everyone was so distracted watching Kathryn that no one had bothered to watch the door. A man was standing in the doorway looking at Yuri's dead body. He held an AK-47 in his hands, but went unnoticed. Until Marcus looked up. He saw the man then he saw the gun. The man raised his gun and lined up the sights not on him, but on Kathryn. Without warning there was a quick burst of gunfire, then he dropped the gun. Just dropped it. He sank to the floor, choking up his own blood. A knife imbedded in the back of his neck. Another man appeared at the doorway, no one Marcus had ever seen before. He wore a grey hoddie and black jeans, his head was covered with the hood.

"Who are you?" Kevin asked. The man didn't answer, only took off running. Marcus's mind raced and put the pieces together... Jake Kutcher... But how?

"Shit, Marcus get over here." Marcus heard Jay say. Marcus turned around and instantly knew what was wrong, Katheryn lay face down in the dirt. "She was shot twice, but I think she can make it... We just need to get out of here." Jay said.

"Jay, you take Katheryn and find a car. Kevin, come with me, were going to find Angelica." Marcus said. He walked out of the shed and found himself behind the Brewery. This place is huge, she could be anywhere. Marcus searched through the windows for any sign, but saw none. But then saw it. "Kevin, follow me." He commanded. Kevin and him snuck up to the building and crouched under a window.

"Are you sure she's in here?" Kevin asked.

"She has to be. Otherwise were screwed." Marcus said.

"Fair enough, you first." Kevin said, Marcus slid the window open, luckily it was unlocked. Then he crawled through and found himself in a familiar setting, the office. Kevin hopped in after him and slid the window shut. "She isn't in here." Kevin said looking around, it was true. She wasn't in here.

"Your not as much fun as the others. Your lucky I don't just end you now." A voice said from behind the office door, Marcus and Kevin crouched below the desk. The door flew open and a man walked in, dragging Angelica along with him. He threw her against the desk and she sank to the ground... Just come a little closer. Marcus thought. The man came closer and picked Angelica up by the collar of her shirt.

"Please... No... Not again. Please." Angelica begged in a weak voice.

"To late for that princess. Should've told that to your people while you had the chance," the man said. Angelica let out a small squeak as the man grabbed her by the throat and threw her on the desk. Marcus opened the bottom drawer and sifted through it silently, he didn't have much time. Then he found it, a small pistol and a silencer. This must be my day. He pulled the pistol out of the drawer and cocked it, making a loud sound anyone could've heard but luckily the man was to distracted by Angelica to notice. Marcus rose from his cover behind the table and saw the man, holding Angelica against the table. Without hesitation Marcus pulled the trigger, twice for good measure. The man fell to the floor leaving a crimson stain on Angelica's shirt. She seemed very shocked. Marcus heard noise outside the room. He'd made to much noise. He grabbed Angelica's arm and pulled her back to the window. The door opened. Marcus didn't waste any time, he smashed the window and threw Angelica out the he jumped out. Then gunfire. He took off running, pulling Angelica along with him. They were free, the three of them were free... Then it hit him, he didn't see Kevin jump out the window. He looked back and saw Kevin. Or what was Kevin, Hanging half out the window riddled with bullets. No... No... NO! Marcus couldn't stop running, he couldn't let Kevin's death be in vein... No, he would live. He would give each and every one of these asshats what they deserved. Angelica tripped and fell to the ground but Marcus picked her up and continued running. He heard yelling and gunfire behind him. They ran out onto the road and spotted a car, a blue pickup truck with its lights on. Jay was sitting in the drivers seat. Marcus threw the passenger door open and threw Angelica into the back. Then he climbed in and shut the door.

"Where's Kev-" Jay began.

"Fucking drive!" Marcus sneered. Jay seemed offended but also caught on to what happened and started the car and took off back towards the port, with directions from Marcus. Marcus heard a pinging noise and looked behind him and saw a Black SUV approaching fast, a man hanging out the passenger side wildly firing a Sub-machine gun.

"Fuck! Do something!" Jay yelled as he swerved down an alleyway, but the SUV kept on their tail. Marcus then remembered his pistol. Three shots left. A driver and a shooter. Who should I go after?

choice

[target the driver]

[target the gunner]

• [target the gunner]

Both targets seem to be a threat here and both could be potentially dangerous, but the gunner seems to be the more immediate threat.

Also RIP Kevin :( He was a great guy

Marcus Bishop Marcus did nothing, just stood back and watched in horror as Kathryn wildly stabbed and slashed the dead body. Blood began

• [target the driver]

Marcus Bishop Marcus did nothing, just stood back and watched in horror as Kathryn wildly stabbed and slashed the dead body. Blood began

• [target the gunner]

• [target the driver]

• [target the driver]

Though the gunner is a immediate threat, the driver can continue chasing and/or ram them.

• Marcus Bishop

Marcus looked at his pistol... He wasn't the best shot, but maybe he could at least slow them down. Marcus quickly threw his door open and hung himself out, hanging on to the inside of the truck with one hand and aiming with the other. He lined his sights up on his target, the driver. He fired his first shot and it smashed into the window to the right of his target. He fired again and this time the SUV's window was splattered with a red stain. The SUV began picking up speed until it swerved and crashed into a telephone pole. Marcus swung himself back inside the truck and closed the door.

"Fuck. That was to close." Jay said. Just then the telephone pole came crashing to the ground, clipping the back of the pickup sending it into a spin. The side of the truck smashed into a tree and the truck came to a stop. Marcus bashed his head against the window, causing him to black out.

Marcus woke up not in the truck, but instead in the side of the road. How had he gotten out here? He looked to his left and saw Jay pulling an unconscious Katheryn out of the truck. Angelica stood by the side of the truck, visibly shaken but otherwise alright. Marcus forced himself up, ignoring the pain in his forehead. Jay noticed he was up.

"Nice shooting. Guess it could've ended better, but at least now we aren't being chased." Jay said. looking down the road. "We should get moving soon though. I don't like being out here in the open."

"It's not far from here. We should be able to make it by sundown." Marcus said.

"I guess. Lets get moving." Jay said, as he picked up Katheryn. The three of them started walking down the road away from the wreckage, towards home. Towards safety.

Samantha Bishop

"Will it bite?" Daniel asked.

"No, he's friendly." Samantha said.

"Can I pet it?" He asked.

"I don't see why not." Samantha answered. He extended his arm and stroked the cat's fur, it purred with amusement.

"What's its name?" He asked.

"I don't think I named it yet." Samantha answered.

"Where did you even find a cat?" Alice asked, butting into the conversation. She'd mostly been quiet since she'd gotten shot.

"Hmm. Kevin found him on the tugboat we used. He was just hiding out in there." Samantha answered.

"Ah. I see." Alice said. Suddenly Rodger ran up to her.

"There back. I saw an SUV coming, just thought I should let you know." He said. Samantha Handed the cat to Daniel and stood up out of the brown recliner she'd been sitting in, they'd found it inside one of the crates in the warehouse. She looked around the warehouse, it had changed a lot. Everything useless was thrown out and the remaining supplies were now neat and organized, plus they were able to find some mattresses and sleeping bags, which was a score. Samantha followed Rodger out of the warehouse and to the front gate, he hit a button in the control booth and the gate rolled open. A black SUV slowly drove in and parked in front of Samantha, she was shocked when the driver rolled down the all black window to reveal a gun pointed at her head.

"Shh. Not a peep." The man hissed. Suddenly two more SUV's stormed through the gates. They parked and men climbed out of them, one walked up behind Samantha and grabbed her wrist. She felt the man tying her hands together with rope.

"Who are you?" She managed to ask through her fear.

"Your people agreed to work for us, then they attacked us and killed a few of our people. Including our leader. Were here fulfilling his last wish, which was to see all you fuckers die." He said as The man pushed Samantha towards the warehouse door. She was pushed inside where she saw that these people had already rounded up everyone else. She was lined up against the wall with everyone else.

"Since I don't see the people were looking for, were going to play a game to pass the time." one of them said, pulling a revolver out. He emptied its chamber and showed off one single bullet, that he placed in the chamber and spun it. He looked straight at Samantha. "Since you were kind enough to open the gates for us, we'll allow you to go first." He said as he walked up to Samantha and placed the barrel of the gun to her forehead. He slowly applied pressure to the trigger and Samantha could feel warm tear pouring down her cheeks as she braced for the worst.

To be continued

• edited March 2015

Oh damn... that was a thrilling part with a terrific cliffhanger! Can't wait for the next part, though I'm quite scared.

Marcus Bishop Marcus looked at his pistol... He wasn't the best shot, but maybe he could at least slow them down. Marcus quickly threw hi

• Oh damn D:

Marcus Bishop Marcus looked at his pistol... He wasn't the best shot, but maybe he could at least slow them down. Marcus quickly threw hi

• Dmmit Marcus

• Alice Erwin

Alice watched in horror as the man held the revolver to Samantha's head. He slowly applied pressure to the trigger.

click

The hammer fell, but the gun didn't fire. The chamber was empty.

"Hmph." The man said while scouring the room. "Next. The one armed bitch!" He yells as he pulls Johanna out of the line.

"Please don't... P-please." Johanna stutters.

"Shudup. Just shut up." He said as he forced Johanna to her knees. He pulled the hammer back and slowly pulled the trigger.

Marcus Bishop

"How much farther?" Jay asked.

"Maybe a little less than a mile... There's a sign right there." Marcus said. "Okay, it's exactly a mile." He said after reading the sign.

"Good. Katheryn's starting to get a little heavy." Jay sarcastically remarked.

"I told you I could carry her." Marcus said.

"I wont let you." Jay said.

"Why?" Marcus asked.

"You didn't see the way you hit your head. I did. " Jay said. He was right. Marcus's head still throbbed with pain. He was surprised he even survived. "Maybe next time you'll listen to the police and wear your seat belt." He continued.

"Oh, shut up." Marcus said.

"I'd hate to interrupt you bromance, but do you see that smoke? It's coming from the port." Angelica interrupted. Marcus looked up and saw smoke. She was right. The smoke wasn't thick, just a little, like a bonfire or something.

"They probably did it on porpoise. Cooking food or something. But lets pick up the pace." Marcus said.

Samantha Bishop

Tears were still running down her cheeks uncontrollably. Who were these people? What did they want. The man pulled the trigger back on the revolver.

Bang

Johanna crumpled over lifeless. A hole in her head. Blood splattering the ground.

"No!" Samantha screamed hysterically, as she tried to rush forward. But she was held back, by one of the people.

"Hmm. That didn't last long." The man said while empting the spent shell and putting in a new one. "Next... You." The man said as he pulled someone out of the line. NO... Daniel.

"You Cant do this! Stop this! Now!" His mother yelled as the rest of his siblings joined in.

"You wanna bet I cant do this?" He said as he raised his revolver.

"Some one stop him!" Daniels mother yelled. Samantha felt anger and adrenaline, she wasn't going to let these fucks take another member of their family. Without warning she surged forward, breaking loose of the guards grip. The man's attention was on Daniel. She drove her shoulder into the man causing him to fall over. He looked at Samantha with a look of bewilderment as both of them just stood there contemplating their next move. Samantha would really love to choke this guy to death, but her hands were tied so she settled with kicking him while he was down. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder and she was thrown face first into the ground. She rolled over and came face to face with a large muscular man. He stepped back and the man with the revolver picked himself off the ground and walked towards Samantha. He whipped some blood from his face and threw the revolver on the floor. He kneeled next to Samantha.

"Such a beautiful young thing. We would love something like you back at our camp. Shame." He said.

"I hope you rot in hell!" Samantha screamed at him.

"Oh, my dear. What you don't realize is that we already are." He said as in one swift movement he pulled a knife out of his back pocket and imbedded it into Samantha's left lung. She screamed in pain as the knife entered. She could taste blood... That's not usual. He pulled the knife out and Samantha yelped in pain again.

"Your strong... But not that strong. I'd give you ten minutes." He said

Marcus Bishop

"I swear I head gun shot." Marcus said as he jogged down the road. He saw the port coming into view.

"I did to." Jay wheezed.

"Were almost there." Angelica said.

"What... The... Fuck..." Marcus stuttered as he saw the multiple black SUV's parked inside the front gate.

"How did they? We don't even have any weapons." Jay said, it was true. They didn't have anything. Marcus walked up to one of the SUV's and threw the trunk open. To his surprise he was greeted with a Mac 11. He grabbed the gun and took all the clips of ammo there was. The spotted a shotgun and a Uzi. He threw the shotgun to Angelica.

"Leave Katheryn out here." Marcus ordered and Jay laid Katheryn next to the SUV. Marcus handed him the Uzi. He heard a scream coming from the warehouse. No. Not just any scream. Samantha's scream. He loaded the Mac and took off running towards the warehouse, with Jay and Angelica right behind him. Without thinking he threw the door open and was greeted by a horrid sight. A man was overtop Samantha pulling a knife out of her chest.

"Alright. Who's next?" He said then saw Marcus standing in the doorway. "My. My. My. Look who decided to show up. I only had to kill two of your people..." He said the looked at his gun. "Scratch that. Three." He said as he fired a random shot into the crowd. Someone fell down, but Marcus didn't see who. Marcus raised the submachine gun in a fit of rage.

"go ahead. Shoot me. See where that gets you. We can do this the easy way or the hard way. We just want to talk, noting more... Bandit's promise." The man said with a sinister smile on his face. Marcus saw Samantha curled up with blood leaking from her chest. Johanna lifeless on the floor. Someone else dead.

"I'm done talking." Marcus said through gritted teeth.

"You might want to reconsider that." The man said.

choice

[Fucking kill ever least one of them]

["Talk" to them]

Alright, so that's to conclusion to that epic cliff hanger. I actually pained me a lot to write. Please don't hate me....

BTW any guesses on who that unknown dead person is?

• edited March 2015

Oh no, no, no, no, no, not Sammy ;_;

I guess she's going to die, right? I mean, would it be possible to save her? Maybe he missed her lung, maybe she's just bleeding out. And stab wounds to the lung aren't always fatal, right? I mean, she's not dead yet, right? Shit, oh please not ;__;

[Fucking kill ever least one of them]

These fuckers just killed Sammy, or at the very least almost killed her. There is nothing to talk about, they just have to die. If they wanted to talk, they shouldn't have stabbed my dear Samantha. I don't care what they want, I don't think they can help her, so they just lost their right to live. And every second they waste talking will be a second Samantha get's closer to dying. They need to get her some medical stuff pronto

Alice Erwin Alice watched in horror as the man held the revolver to Samantha's head. He slowly applied pressure to the trigger. click

• I'm sorry! It hurt me to write it!

Oh no, no, no, no, no, not Sammy ;_; I guess she's going to die, right? I mean, would it be possible to save her? Maybe he missed her lun

• edited March 2015

But maybe if they bring her medical stuff or something like that, I mean it's not like he stabbed her in the heart... A punctured lung can be treated, I think... Shit, fuck these fucking bandits... Please don't kill her, take Marcus instead ;_;

Would that have been preventable? Maybe by working with the police? Or by targeting the gunner instead of the driver?

I'm sorry! It hurt me to write it!

• Actually to could've been prevented if you would have refused to work with the bandits from the start.

But maybe if they bring her medical stuff or something like that, I mean it's not like he stabbed her in the heart... A punctured lung can b

• ["Talk" to them] Why noy?

Alice Erwin Alice watched in horror as the man held the revolver to Samantha's head. He slowly applied pressure to the trigger. click

• Shit... that is hard. I actually thought that Marcus would bite it at any time in this bandit arc, but Sammy is so much worse, she is pretty much my favourite ;_; Damn it, they only need the right equipment to save her...

Actually to could've been prevented if you would have refused to work with the bandits from the start.

• edited March 2015

["Talk" to them] Why noy?

Come on, you can't be serious! They just killed Johanna and probably killed Samantha as well and you want to waste time talking to them? Time they could actually use to make Samantha stable?

supersagig posted: »

["Talk" to them] Why noy?

• [Fucking kill ever least one of them]

• Alright, I'm cutting voting a little short because I've found inspiration!

• I knew no one will vote for that :P. It was more of a joke than an actual vote :d

["Talk" to them] Why noy? Come on, you can't be serious! They just killed Johanna and probably killed Samantha as well and you want to waste time talking to them? Time they could actually use to make Samantha stable?

• Ah, a joke. Hahaha, I am almost as amused as Kanye in the gif below ;_;

Alt text

I knew no one will vote for that :P. It was more of a joke than an actual vote :d

• Don´t get mad , please. u.u. Also Quailty already closed the voting

Ah, a joke. Hahaha, I am almost as amused as Kanye in the gif below ;_;

• I'm not mad, no worries, I'm far too devastated about Sammy's critical injury for that

Don´t get mad , please. u.u. Also Quailty already closed the voting

• Update: My laptop just disconnect form the internet. And it won't reconnect, I can't post a new part until it reconnects. So just bear with me!

• edited March 2015

Marcus Bishop

"Yeah. I'm gonna let my gun do the talking." Marcus said as he raised his gun and pulled the trigger. He was suppressed at how fast the Mac went through all its ammo. The man fell to the ground with around 30 bullets in him. Marcus dove behind a nearby pallet of boxes. He could hear bullets whizzing past him, but luckily whatever was inside the boxes was enough to stop the bullets. Marcus dropped his old clip and put in a new one.

"Someone fucking get him!" Someone yelled, right before a shotgun blew half his face off. Marcus looked back and saw Angelica shakily holding a shotgun. Jay came in behind her and began lighting the place up with the Uzi.

"On the catwalk!" Angelica yelled. Marcus looked up and saw multiple people on the catwalk. They had rifles and snipers. Marcus attempted to shoot them but his aim was to scattered. None of their guns would reach that far.

"Cover me!" Angelica yelled, then ran out in the open. Marcus began randomly firing his gun towards the catwalk. Angelica picked up something and started running back towards Marcus when a sniper caught her in his sights. She fell to the ground yelling in pain. She threw the object she grabbed at Marcus and he caught it. A rifle. He peeked out from behind his cover and lined up the sights on a man standing in the open. Rookie mistake. Marcus quickly dropped him then turned his attention to the rest. They were easy to pick off since they were on a catwalk with no cover. When it was clear that they were losing, the bandits all ran out of the warehouse. Marcus picked off the ones that were to slow then ran outside. He saw the Bandits all climbing into their SUV's. They attempted to start the cars, but they wouldn't start. Smart thinking on Jay's part. They'd disconnected the batteries.

Marcus walked up beside the car and pulled out his submachine gun. He saw the shocked and scared faces of the bandits as he pulled the trigger. Glass and blood went everywhere. He made sure there were no survivors then turned to the other SUV's then noticed they had gotten them started and were speeding away. A man was chasing after them.

"Wait! Don’t fucking do this to me!" He yelled at the cars. Then turned to see Marcus. "Please don't kill me... I... I don't wanna die." He stuttered.

"To late for that." Marcus said as he emptied the rest of his clip into the man’s face. "You’re dead! Each and every one of you fuckers is dead! Imma hunt you down! I don't care how long it takes or how much I loose I'm gonna see you all burn! You hear me? Your gonna BURN!" Marcus yelled at the shrinking figures of the SUV's in the distance. Marcus threw the empty gun to the ground and ran back inside the warehouse. A group had gathered around in the middle of the floor, a man was crouched next to Samantha. Out of anger Marcus marched up and threw the man off of her.

"You’re going t-to be alright Sam.. I promise." Marcus said, he could feel tears welling up, but refused to let it out.

"D-don't lie t-to your...self." Samantha stuttered.

"I'm not goin... I won’t let you die." Marcus said in a commanding tone.

"A-always the big brother, huh?" Samantha said weakly. Marcus managed a weak smile.

"Yeah. You know me." He managed to get out.

"We can save her. But we need to act fast. No room for error. There's a hospital about twenty minutes from here. If we can get her to last that long and get her there, I know I can save her. I've done this before." A voice said, Marcus turned and saw the man he threw to the ground getting back up. "I was the head surgeon at Inova Fairfax hospital in D.C." He said. "But we still need to move fast. I can stabilize her here, but that will only but us a few minutes." He continued. Marcus stood up and backed away from Samantha.

"Please save her." Marcus said. Marcus saw Angelica leaning against a box. Fuck, he'd forgotten she was shot. He ran over to her.

"Where were you hit?" He asked, she grunted in pain.

"The bulletproof vest stopped the bullet, but it hurts like hell. Don't worry about me.” She said. Marcus looked back at the man working on Samantha.

“She’s going to be fine.” Angelica promised, this should’ve made him feel better but he knew it was a lie. “Thomas Green is one of the best surgeons there is.” She said. So that’s his name.

“Who are the other two that died?” Marcus asked.

“Johanna and some guy named Mark.” Angelica said.

“Damn.” Marcus said.

“Marcus, if we’re going to move we need to move now.” Thomas informed.

“The SUV is all we have. Jay go reconnect the battery.” Marcus ordered. Jay ran out of the building and Marcus ran over to Thomas.

“Lift on three.” Thomas said. “One. Two. Three!” The both of them lifted Samantha, one carrying her legs and the other her arms.

“Doesn’t this hurt her?” Marcus asked as the slowly and carefully carried her towards the SUV.

“No. I found some morphine. She won’t be feeling a thing.” Thomas said.

“Jay, is the car ready?” Marcus yelled.

“Yeah!” Jay answered.

“Get the door!” Marcus yelled. Jay opened the car door and he laid Samantha gently into the back seat. She was still bleeding pretty badly.

“Wait. We need to bring Angela to. I could find out what’s wrong with her. “Thomas said.

“Hurry!” Marcus yelled. The two of them ran back inside and found Angela lying on her bed undisturbed by the miniature war that just happened. The two of them picked her up and quickly moved, putting her in the back with Samantha.

“Let’s move!” Thomas said. Marcus jumped into the driver’s seat and waited until Jay and Thomas were in before he floored it and sent the car rocketing down the road towards the hospital at breakneck speed.

“Slow down, you’re going to kill us!” Thomas shouted. “Take the next left.” He said. Marcus swerved the car onto the highway.

“It’s not far from here, maybe two more exits. You’ll see a sign for it.” Thomas said. At least during the apocalypse the roads are pretty damn clear. Marcus looked in the rearview mirror and saw the morphine induced gaze face of Samantha, the calm and peaceful face of the unconscious Angela, and the scared shitless face of Jay.

“Shit!” Thomas yelled and Marcus turned his vision back to the road where he saw a group of infects gathering. There was about twenty of them. “How are we going to get past them?” Thomas asked. Then he noticed that Marcus wasn’t slowing down.

“What are you doing? You’re going to hit them!” Thomas yelled. Marcus rolled up the windows and flipped the windshield wipers on. 3..2..1 contact. Red smeared the windshield; Marcus heard the noises of bodies hitting the car at 90 miles per hour. But then it stopped, no more infected. Marcus attempted to see through the smeared windshield but apparently the wipers were only making it worse. He rolled down his window and stuck his head out just in time to see the sign for the hospital. It was at the next exit, that was closing in fast…

To Be Continued

• So I just restarted my laptop, did a little copy and paste and luckily it didn't delete anything.

• RIP Mark and Johanna

Marcus Bishop "Yeah. I'm gonna let my gun do the talking." Marcus said as he raised his gun and pulled the trigger. He was suppressed at

• Whoa... They have a surgeon.... I haven't considered that and thought my hopes would be my usual foolish denial. Now I'm actually a bit speechless... so incredibly worried, but so strangely reliefed the same time that there might actually be a chance :')

Marcus Bishop "Yeah. I'm gonna let my gun do the talking." Marcus said as he raised his gun and pulled the trigger. He was suppressed at

• Hi guys. Sorry to tell you this but, I'm temporarily going to stop writing. I'm going through some serious shit right now and need some time. I hope you understand. Its a hard time for me and my family.

• I'm sorry to hear that and I hope things will get better for you and your family soon. I guess I can speak for all of us when I say we understand.

Hi guys. Sorry to tell you this but, I'm temporarily going to stop writing. I'm going through some serious shit right now and need some time. I hope you understand. Its a hard time for me and my family.

• Thanks liquid. I guess it just hasn't been the best spring break. I just need some time to get over it.

I'm sorry to hear that and I hope things will get better for you and your family soon. I guess I can speak for all of us when I say we understand.

• Marcus Bishop

The SUV rocketed down the exit ramp and careened down the street. Had there been anyone else here, he probably would've killed everyone in a wreck. Marcus could see the hospital coming into sight. It was medium sized, which was good. They wouldn't have to take to much time securing the building. Marcus hit the brakes and the SUV slid to a stop in front of the main entrance.

"Where the hell did you learn how to drive?" Thomas asked.

"Military. Lets move!" Marcus replied throwing the door open and jumping out. A foul smell hit his nose.

"What the fuck is that smell?" Jay asked, taking notice of the odor to.

"Maybe this is part of the reason." Marcus said, yanking a disembodied arm out of the radiator grille. Yup. That was it. He threw it to the ground and whipped his hands off. "Alright, Me and Jay go in, clear the building. You stay out here and we'll come get you when were done." Marcus said. "Understand?"

"Yup." Thomas said, trying not to gag.

"Yup? That's all you got? Just stay in the car. We cant risk getting you killed. Your our biggest asset as of now." Marcus barked.

"Here" Jay said, holding out a pistol to him. He grabbed it out of his hands.

"Alright, lets move." He ordered, and the two of them slowly moved inside the building. It was pitch black inside with the only light leaking in form the glass door and windows. Marcus found his small pocket flashlight and clicked it on. Jay did the same with his flashlight and the two searched the room.

"Damn, its dark in here." Marcus mumbled.

"I found a light switch." Jay said.

"Seriously? You think this place still has power?" Marcus said harshly, just then the lights in the room flickered to life.

"Yes. This place is solar powered." Jay said in a hurt tone.

"This is good..." Marcus said as he took a first look at the room. "And... Bad." He mumbled. The room was a mess. Blood smeared walls and broken furniture. A fish tank in the back corner of the room was seemingly untouched by everything though, the brightly colored tropical fish were swimming around in their crystal clear habitat, oblivious to the hell unfolding around them... How had they even survived this long? Strange. Marcus pushed the thought to the back of his head and began checking rooms. Each room was in a differing state of chaos, some completely torn apart while others were neat and the beds were made. Strange... But to Marcus' relief they didn't find any infected on the first floor.

"Should we move up to the second floor?" Jay asked.

"No. Operation room is on the ground floor. We should just block off the stairwells." Marcus said. As they walked back to the front room he noticed all but one stairwell was blocked. He pushed a nearby couch in front of it. Then he walked out of the hospital and found Thomas in the car with Samantha and Angela. as he approached the car he heard Samantha screaming in pain... Apparently the morphine had worn off. Marcus walked closer and saw Thomas trying to inject her with more morphine as she cringed in pain. The scene would've broken his heart, but now he was no longer sure if he had one.

After Thomas was done injecting Samantha he turned around and saw Marcus standing by the window, if he wasn't in a car he probably would've jumped twelve feet.

"You fucking scared me! Heavens sake." Thomas said.

"It's safe. Lets get in." Marcus said.

"I found this, thought it might help." Jay said as he walked out of the hospital with a wheelchair. Marcus wasted no time transferring Samantha from the SUV to the wheelchair. She was so pale, and felt so cold... No time to think about that. Marcus lifted Angela and began carrying her into the hospital. Samantha's screams had now subsided into silence as the morphine took affect. They moved into he main room.

"This place still has power?" Thomas asked.

"Yes." Marcus answered as he moved down the hallway towards the operating room.

"Good, this is good." Thomas said. Marcus saw the operating room doors at the end of the hallway and slowly approached them He eased the door open and was greeted with an unwelcome sight.

A man in hospital scrubs was standing over a person holding a scalpel, Marcus couldn't tell if the man was about to kill the guy or not.

"Mary, If that's you could you give me a hand for a moment? I finally got the bleeding to..." The man paused for a moment and looked up. The man's eyes widened behind his glasses. "Fuck! Who are you people?" He yelled holding the scalpel like a weapon. Marcus took a step closer to the man.

"Not another move! There's to many of us here for you to take. You kill me, each and every one of you dies. Who. Are. You." The man said.

Choice

[Kill the man]

[explain what's happening]

So, luckily the bad stuff in my life sorted itself out... That or I've just come to terms with it. I don't know how often I'll post a new part but I think I'm back... I think.

• [explain what's happening]

Marcus Bishop The SUV rocketed down the exit ramp and careened down the street. Had there been anyone else here, he probably would've kil

• I'm glad to hear that things got a bit better for you!

They might just found even more doctors. Maybe they have a real chance at saving Sammy.

Marcus Bishop The SUV rocketed down the exit ramp and careened down the street. Had there been anyone else here, he probably would've kil

• I'm sorry for whatever happened and hope things worked out. But take whatever time your need, if you need a break, so be it. You're not obligated to write if you don't feel like it. Nonetheless, I'm glad you're back! :3

• Thanks. I think I need to just do something to keep my mind occupied.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I'm sorry for whatever happened and hope things worked out. But take whatever time your need, if you need a break, so be it. You're not obligated to write if you don't feel like it. Nonetheless, I'm glad you're back! [explain what's happening]

• Thank you.

I'm glad to hear that things got a bit better for you! [explain what's happening] They might just found even more doctors. Maybe they have a real chance at saving Sammy.

• [explain what's happening]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.