The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• More like a pile of meat and bones under the ground

Lingvort posted: »

Welp, either that, or I'll get to visit new places. As pieces of ash, scattered into the wind.

• Maybe. I'd rather be cremated, though.

More like a pile of meat and bones under the ground

• edited May 2015

There have been 50 rape scenes in the show and there are over 200 in the books.

It's really weirdly obsessive.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

This is going to probably get some dislike, but i don't really care TBH. I dislike Game of Thrones TV show, , and television shows like it,

• Alt text

when people think jokes are fucking directly meant to insult them, like holy hell, get a life

• Game of Thrones is medieval times, what did you expect, sunshine and rainbows?

CrazyGeorge posted: »

This is going to probably get some dislike, but i don't really care TBH. I dislike Game of Thrones TV show, , and television shows like it,

• edited May 2015

The struggle of a weeaboo thou

Alt text

Yeah... I didn't understand what weeaboo meant at first so I looked it up and the definitions were... unpleasant to say the least. So I got

• Actually, the amount of rape which took place in medieval times is frequently exaggerated.

http://io9.com/someone-has-done-a-statistical-analysis-of-rape-in-game-1707037159?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Rape did happen a lot (and still does, 1/3 women get raped in their lifetime.), but each rape victim in game of thrones gets raped one average twice, sometimes more. When he only examines the lives of some select characters compared to the millions who would exist, there is still much more rape than there should be.

Game of Thrones is medieval times, what did you expect, sunshine and rainbows?

• Well yeah, I learnt that from experience. I'm not really like I used to be (shy, doesn't talk) and I try to be as positive as I can. I will leave the town once I get to the college, that's for sure. Most people already know each other since it's a real small town and I don't live in USA or anything familiar, but whatever.

I look forward to a lot of things and I have hobbies that I truly enjoy, I just sometimes overthink so I see life that way. Got my bad days (:

WarpSpeed posted: »

You can start over by leaving town, for college or a new job or whatever awaits. You will need to be able to socialize, though, or you'll w

• In terms of religion, warfare, technology and things like the feudalism the world is similar to medieval Europe, yes. In terms of presentation of women the books are the playground of a fat, old, slightly perverted nerd. Most people overlook it because he actually tells a pretty good story beyond all the rape and prostitution overload and female POV characters thinking about their own wagging boobs. But yeah... this is the case with most fantasy literature, GRRM can write at least.

Game of Thrones is medieval times, what did you expect, sunshine and rainbows?

• New rant. As I prepare to play 'Sons of Winter' I am pissed at people who put spoilers in their fucking thread titles. I mean it pisses me off so much. Such is the life of an Xbox One player, who must wait till today to play.

• Agreed I don't like it as well, but I have to ask, why do you come to the forum when you know it's going to be full of spoilers? :P

New rant. As I prepare to play 'Sons of Winter' I am pissed at people who put spoilers in their fucking thread titles. I mean it pisses me off so much. Such is the life of an Xbox One player, who must wait till today to play.

• Because the mods usually clean them up. Plus, I haven't read anything (just seen titles) in the GoT since Monday. I stick to the other areas, but when I scroll down and see a thread title that spoils something I'm like 'for fuck's sake'.

Green613 posted: »

Agreed I don't like it as well, but I have to ask, why do you come to the forum when you know it's going to be full of spoilers? :P

• edited May 2015

I generally hate going to parties since I'm such a loner. Except for birthday parties for friends and family.

I think the closest I've been to being a "weeaboo" is like getting my hair messy to to look anime-ish (anime freak alert!), getting that dragon patterned button shirt that wrecked today (I'll post a photo tomorrow), and comparing myself to anime characters (I do that with every fictional character really since I can relate to them somehow in someway). Still, it's saddening how people treat "weeaboos". I read on urban dictionary about them and the views on them are horrible. Maybe they are weird, but we're all bizarre in our own little ways.

The struggle of a weeaboo thou

• edited May 2015

I'd take a battered body any day over a lifeless one that's gone with the wind. Stay safe!

Welp, either that, or I'll get to visit new places. As pieces of ash, scattered into the wind.

• College can be fun and full of new experiences. Ask anyone older about their college memories, and they probably won't tell you about their best ones. ;) Something to look forward to!

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Well yeah, I learnt that from experience. I'm not really like I used to be (shy, doesn't talk) and I try to be as positive as I can. I will

• Well unfortunately I can sort of relate. My friends have been doing some pretty dumb shit, smoking weed, and drinking., possibly even some sexual things. I stay away from it. Luckily for me I guess, I have 2 groups of friends, and the other is the more "normal" kids who have all vowed to never do things like that, and have been in situations where they saw people do those things and ignored or left them. You don't need to do any of those things to have fun, anybody who says otherwise is wrong. You can have plenty of high school memories being you. High school is really the years that shape people into who they are. I have had people who I thought were cool and nice do extremely outrageous horrible things I'd never thought they would do. Sadly its just how things are. It can really suck when you friends dis you like that, but to me they don't seem like the greatest people to be friends with. You should really try and make friends who don't get all prissy and mad at you for expressing your opinion, find people who like you for who you are.

I hate my friends sometimes. I went from one argument to another tonight. First was a friend and me arguing about Gay rights. He was all

• edited December 2021

I generally hate going to parties since I'm such a loner. Except for birthday parties for friends and family. I think the closest I've be

• edited December 2021
  • I, personally, look at the constant sexual content (including the rape), the brutal violence and debauchery that takes place as being a part of the actual pillar of the plot. The series is written to shock you as much as it is meant to entertain (if not more so). I did not exactly pstart reading the books expecting to be pleased and heart-warmed.

Flog61 posted: »

There have been 50 rape scenes in the show and there are over 200 in the books. It's really weirdly obsessive.

• Yup, I always considered myself Otaku in the first place. This basically sums me up.

Alt text

Otaku-4-Life

• I dunno man, you're going to need to try harder.

Yup, I always considered myself Otaku in the first place. This basically sums me up. Otaku-4-Life

• refused to call the ambulance and limped to my house

Civil war surgery is my specialty.

It just didn't phase me much, ya know? Happened in a split second. The only thing I was able to react with was a continuous "Ow" as I was dr

• Random vent here, but I feel like someone has plunged a knife into the back of my left shoulder. I have constant, strong pain going through the back of my shoulder, shooting through my whole arm, all the way into my hand. Even when I'm not moving my arm, the pain is still there. If I try to do much of anything with this arm, the pain grows sharper. I've tried medicine, stretching, icing, heating, but to no avail. The pain just continues to grow and I can't seem to find any relief. Working is pretty much torture. Normally I wouldn't complain about something like this, but this is just kind of ridiculous, as this has been going on for days and appearing to only get worse. Not sure what I would even rank the pain on a scale of 1-10, but it's bad enough that it's difficult to even sleep. I guess it's just frustrating that I have no idea what's specifically going on, or what I did to injure myself to this degree. I get to wait until Tuesday to get myself looked at, so that's great.

• Pain radiating down the arm suggests that it's a nerve injury, probably originating in the spine. That would also explain why icing and meds don't help

My guess would be a simple pinched nerve, but it could be something more serious like a slipped disc. It's definitely worth seeing a doctor.

Does the arm feel weak?

Belan posted: »

Random vent here, but I feel like someone has plunged a knife into the back of my left shoulder. I have constant, strong pain going through

• edited May 2015

I'm thinking a pinched nerve is definitely a possibility as well. I actually managed to get myself into the hospital and get myself briefly looked at (perks of a small town hospital I guess). Their speculation is a muscle tear, but I would at the very least say there is more to it than that. I've had plenty of pulls and tears before, and this is nothing alike. I've been in pain for literally two days straight, and the pain is greater than any sort of tear I've ever experienced. The arm could be totally relaxed for hours, and even then the pain does not subside. I'm also kind of thinking that I would have noticed the event of the tear itself if I did actually tear something, whereas the pain that I have came pretty much out of nowhere. In any case, I was still given some vicodin for the pain.. and they also want me in an arm sling apparently, so I'm definitely glad I made the visit.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Pain radiating down the arm suggests that it's a nerve injury, probably originating in the spine. That would also explain why icing and med

• Update on my Gay Rights Vent

Alt text

I voted "Yes" to Gay Marriage in my country a few weeks ago and it was announced recently the Gay Marriage campaign Yes vote Won it is now legal in my country my vent had a happy ending and I'm delighted :'D

• I looked up Battlefield Hardline DLC since the first one was announced and I wanted to see the trailer. My God, the DLC looks great as does all of Hardline, it's a great game. However in the comments I only see hate towards it calling it not a true Battlefield and the worst one yet, even Angry Joe saying the game sucks because it's making fun of cop dramas and since it doesn't have tanks.

Why do we complain about every game? If it's apart of a franchise and it takes a long time to make the game then people complain it's taking too long and they want their sequels. If it comes out a lot to please the fans then they're milking it and pumping out too fast and want people to go back to taking forever. If the game makes more of itself changing the locations and stories but keeping around the same genre (Battlefield- Military shooter) then people complain it's always the same thing. If the game tries to be innovative and try something new (Battlefield Hardline- Cop & Robber shooter) then people complain it's not the same.

This is stupid.

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited May 2015

well thats cool

gratz to ireland

Markd4547 posted: »

Update on my Gay Rights Vent I voted "Yes" to Gay Marriage in my country a few weeks ago and it was announced recently the Gay Marriage campaign Yes vote Won it is now legal in my country my vent had a happy ending and I'm delighted :'D

• edited May 2015

Alt text

XD I'm not gay nor is it a negative trait bruh grow up

Edit: U edited thank you

well thats cool gratz to ireland

• Edit: U edited thank you

no prob bruh

XD I'm not gay nor is it a negative trait bruh grow up Edit: U edited thank you

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited May 2015

[removed]

XD I'm not gay nor is it a negative trait bruh grow up Edit: U edited thank you

• edited May 2015

I bought a bag of butterfingers and one of them in the bag was unwrapped and half missing. Somebody layed a finger on my butterfinger. And I am NOT a happy panda right now.

• Battlefield games are just simply bad games, so any complaints are viable.

I looked up Battlefield Hardline DLC since the first one was announced and I wanted to see the trailer. My God, the DLC looks great as does

• how is the arm buddy?

Belan posted: »

I'm thinking a pinched nerve is definitely a possibility as well. I actually managed to get myself into the hospital and get myself briefly

• I'm just so tired of people, they constantly bring me down with being hostile and way too negative... (I mean the people around me and my whole country)

• Subjective.

Your exact sentence is what anyone says about any game to try to justify their opinion as fact, "____ are simply bad games."...Quite annoying to say the least.

Battlefield games are just simply bad games, so any complaints are viable.

• The truth can hurt sometimes.

Subjective. Your exact sentence is what anyone says about any game to try to justify their opinion as fact, "____ are simply bad games."...Quite annoying to say the least.

• Prrrreeeetttyyy sure it's still just your opinion and not fact.

The truth can hurt sometimes.

• That's your own subjective opinion.

Prrrreeeetttyyy sure it's still just your opinion and not fact.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.