The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• There's different news places saying what happened, the gunman killed 2 and then himself.

Markd4547 posted: »

Did anyone get killed?

• I just read about this, Super Sad. My Prayers go out to the families involved.

Saltlick123 posted: »

I have family down south in Louisiana, good that they don't live in Lafayette...

• Did they mention a motive involved? Why would someone did that I'm sorry to hear this RIP all those who passed

There's different news places saying what happened, the gunman killed 2 and then himself.

• edited July 2015
    Markd4547 posted: »

Did they mention a motive involved? Why would someone did that I'm sorry to hear this RIP all those who passed

• You believe that? How about going to see a medical professional instead of some New Age looney.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Go see a spiritual Healer, like a psychic healer. Trust me, they aren't bullshit. Find one that doesn't charge money, yes they're psychic

• I just saw it on a new website, truly sucks, we need to be better prepared for things like this.

A movie theatre that i live by got shot up. Kinda glad i leave Louisiana this August.

• I live in Lafayette, but i leave for Orlando Florida on the 8th-10th.

I have family down south in Louisiana, good that they don't live in Lafayette...

• [removed]

You believe that? How about going to see a medical professional instead of some New Age looney.

• Vacation?

I live in Lafayette, but i leave for Orlando Florida on the 8th-10th.

• No to live there.

Vacation?

• If conventional medicine isn't working, there's nothing inherently wrong with trying alternatives.

You believe that? How about going to see a medical professional instead of some New Age looney.

• As long as you go to someone willing to do that bullshit for free then sure. Going to someone that costs money is a scam though.

BigBlindMax posted: »

If conventional medicine isn't working, there's nothing inherently wrong with trying alternatives.

• Some youtube users piss me the fuck off. I'll make a video about a certain topic or maybe even a theory and people will go apeshit at the drop of belly button lint if I'm not correct about every little microscopic fucking detail. Life if I say, "Clementine black hair and green eyes." Someone will come out of god knows the fuck where and say something like "You're wrong she has very dark brown hair and lime eyes. Get it correct or go die!" Well I'm sorry I forgot to put on my asshole repellent spray...

• I'm getting really annoyed by fellow feminists shoving the idea down people's throats that you're only a "real" feminist if you vote for Hillary Clinton, the sole reason being that she's a woman. People need to understand that just because she's a woman doesn't mean she's automatically the best candidate for progressing women's rights.

I want to see a female president in the US as much as the next person, but I don't think Clinton is the best choice. That does not make me any less of a supporter of women's rights or gender equality.

• Believe me on youtube especially it's all attention seeking in the comments who will criticize and mock everything you do

Your better off ignoring them comments and only paying attention to those who have something constructive to say then all your commenters will learn constructive comments get responses and trolls don't. Making your fanbase better and making the trolls leave from lack of attention

Clemenem posted: »

Some youtube users piss me the fuck off. I'll make a video about a certain topic or maybe even a theory and people will go apeshit at the dr

• You're one of the smart ones. Sadly, some of the best arguments i've heard from Hilary supporters is "She's a woman". People need to realize that we should vote for someone that will help America the best...Not voting because of race, gender, sexuality, and religion.

I'm getting really annoyed by fellow feminists shoving the idea down people's throats that you're only a "real" feminist if you vote for Hil

• edited July 2015

Alt text

I'm getting really annoyed by fellow feminists shoving the idea down people's throats that you're only a "real" feminist if you vote for Hillary Clinton, the sole reason being that she's a woman.

This is pure sexism judging to vote for a person solely on their gender WTF it always confused me that feminism is mean't to prevent sexism to fix that problem then became the problem judging everyone based on gender and then attacking people based on gender

Alt text

^ feminism in first world countries

woman doesn't mean she's automatically the best candidate for progressing women's rights.

The president represents all genders and all minority rights that is how to judge them, how they make the country better for everyone lets be in this together I believe every citizens rights is the most important to improve not matter their gender

Feminism will no doubt be used by Clinton as a way to brainwash the people to vote for her and the way the media is today I have no doubt it will work

That does not make me any less of a supporter of women's rights or gender equality.

To say your won't make a decision solely based on gender makes you a hell of a lot more progressive then doing so that's a given XD it's pure sexism by doing so

For me I go for everyone rights I'm not a feminist or a menist I don't look to represent just my own gender and try to get every law and rule changed to only benefit me and give me advantages

Lets make it a better world for everyone imo

None of my sisters are feminists one is a doctor, One is a top fitness instructor in Ireland and the other gets top grades in college no male oppression to blame on all their problems on when they have one they fix it. When they have a goal they go for it and succeed

Do you know in Ireland they are over 1,500 shelters for abused woman and only 3 for men

I honestly never heard of feminism until this year I came on the internet a bit more on tumblr at first it took me some getting used to tbh because everyone calls me Mark but on tumblr I'm a white cis male who causes all the worlds problems and oppresses women by even existing XD.

I taught saudi arabia had problems before I found feminism where women can't vote, can't drive and be killed for cheating on their men they live as slaves etc but no the true problems are bewbs on shirts, being called bossy, games without playable female characters and girls not being allowed to show boobs on instragram.

WE NEED a president who can cause progressive for female rights only in first world countries

Bewbsforinstragramifuvoteclinton

but seriously

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Do you think I will pick a president who progresses male rights now? or just based on who matches my gender

Still No never I wish everyone a better life and progression for all genders and minorities everyone is in this together they are not my rights but our rights our country our problems OUR PRESIDENT to make everyone have a better life no matter their gender or minority

Ireland even has had a few female presidents chosen for talent and intellligence not because they are women who did a great job btw :)

I believe feminism is needed tho but used in a way not to blame men for problems but get better rights in countries where they are needed where female basic human rights are being neglected everyday a prisoner in their own gender

WHO CARES ABOUT A GAME when women are be treated like slaves in poorer countries combat REAL problems anyway I could rants for hours but I won't :)

Btw this is just my opinion and I respect yours :)

I'm getting really annoyed by fellow feminists shoving the idea down people's throats that you're only a "real" feminist if you vote for Hil

• edited July 2015

Most feminists I know dislike Clinton for her colonialism and Zionism.

I would much prefer Sanders, but if Clinton does win the Democrat nomination, there's no way she'll be a worse choice than anyone the Republicans put forward. Clinton is a far better person than Jeb Bush or Donald Trump, even if a far worse person than Bernie Sanders.

Also, lots of people will vote AGAINST Clinton just because she's female, just as lots of people voted AGAINST Obama because he's black.

(And, historically when someone who isn't the 'norm' in politics gets elected in one particular country, they always get accusations of people voting for them because of their sex, race etc. It's nothing new, it happens every time, and people will accuse people of voting for someone just because she's a woman until we've had lots of female presidents, when they'll get bored of doing so. My Father-in-Law remembers when Nelson Mandela's supporters were accused of voting for him 'just because he's black', and history remembers Mandela fondly now there is less institutionalised racism in South Africa.

All women who run for office will be accused of only getting votes because they're female, all black people who run for office will be accused of only getting votes because they're black. People don't accuse white men of getting votes just because they're white men because we're used to white men getting votes.

• edited July 2015

WHO CARES ABOUT A GAME when women are be treated like slaves in poorer countries

This is the one argument against feminism I really dislike. It's really odd.

Just because there are worse examples of sexism in the world doesn't mean challenging minor ones is immoral. If I feed a homeless man, saying 'WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT HOMELESS PEOPLE WHO WILL SURVIVE WHEN PEOPLE ARE STARVING TO DEATH IN AFRICA' is absurd, and cruel. Like, people try to devalue feminism as doing things which are morally good but not morally good 'enough'.

If someone can just as easily start a feminist revolution in saudi arabia as try to stop women growing up with eating disorders in america, then sure. But western feminists are best placed to help western people - there's no way the voices of some white christtian/atheist women will be listened to as a cause for equality in Saudi Arabia. If decreasing the amount women die from eating disorders caused by the obsession with women being stick thin in advertising, games, etc. can be accomplished, doing so doesn't make you a bad person because you aren't continually trying to tell Muslims that they need a feminist revolution.

(Also, as many people will vote against Clinton just because she's female, so a) it'll balance out, and b) we're kinda targeting the wrong people.)

• Who cares what gender she is? Doesn't change the fact that she's a gutless 'Democrat In Name Only'.

• No to live there.

Movin on up, ON THE EAST SIDE.

No to live there.

• I believe in a lot of things you don't believe in, because you don't have the life experience i do, so honestly i take anything you say with a grain of salt. Hope you laughed at that.

Thanks for the laugh.

• I did, because it's stupid. You think mystic healers can solve a medical problem, for some reason people are siding with you on that...That's pretty sad. You then decide to call me ignorant for not believing in these scams. So, yes, I did laugh.

I believe in a lot of things you don't believe in, because you don't have the life experience i do, so honestly i take anything you say with a grain of salt. Hope you laughed at that.

• edited July 2015

When I was in Middle School, the principal was so much like her...

Alt text

• YEAH. Lived there before, but moving back for job and family reasons.

No to live there. Movin on up, ON THE EAST SIDE.

• Dat moment when someone you don't know texts you thinking it's someone else... xD

Alt text

• for some reason people are siding with you on that.

HOW DARE PEOPLE HAVE OTHER BELIEFS THAN YOU, and you don't believe so you call it "stupid." You know how ignorant that is? Jesus Christ. No wonder...

What the fuck do you know about anything?

I did, because it's stupid. You think mystic healers can solve a medical problem, for some reason people are siding with you on that...That's pretty sad. You then decide to call me ignorant for not believing in these scams. So, yes, I did laugh.

• Ah cool , i hope everything works out for you. Be careful in Florida. I hear there is a zombie problem.

YEAH. Lived there before, but moving back for job and family reasons.

• Donald Trump if he keeps doing what he is doing, he will win.

Who cares what gender she is? Doesn't change the fact that she's a gutless 'Democrat In Name Only'.

• Reports of zombies in Florida are greatly exaggerated.

Though a crackhead once kicked his shopping cart at me because I refused to give him money. Maybe he was a zombie.

Ah cool , i hope everything works out for you. Be careful in Florida. I hear there is a zombie problem.

• Really? He's catching major heat right now. He said John McCain wasn't a war hero and taunted him for getting taken POW. That probably lost him the respect of a lot of conservatives.

Donald Trump if he keeps doing what he is doing, he will win.

• George, Spirit Science is bullshit. It is. It's not about having other beliefs, it about how dangerous those beliefs can be to other people. When someone with a medical problem needs medical help and instead of getting what they need to solve the issue, they go to some con artist, then that's an issue.

George, you're getting awfully angry and I would like to ask you to calm down, you don't want to say something you don't mean now do you. Let me ask you a question, what do you know?

for some reason people are siding with you on that. HOW DARE PEOPLE HAVE OTHER BELIEFS THAN YOU, and you don't believe so you call i

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited July 2015

Sorry Golden Pal, but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

Ritual and healing have always been linked together. That's a shared feature among almost every culture on the planet.

Is alternative medicine an acceptable substitute for real medical intervention? Absolutely not. Doing aromatherapy instead of taking your blood pressure medication is stupid. But that kind of treatment can sometimes bring relief to sufferers of chronic ailments? I think so.

Acupumcture definitely falls in "alternative medicine" territory, but it helped me deal with the miserable side-affects of ITP treatment.

As long as you go to someone willing to do that bullshit for free then sure. Going to someone that costs money is a scam though.

• Guess we'll just need to disagree then.

Sorry Golden Pal, but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. Ritual and healing have always been linked together. That's a s

• i have noticed a lot of that kind of thing recently, women getting false praise or "participation awards" just simply for being a woman, i mean, i can see what the intention of doing so is, but it often comes across as disingenuous or patronising

• edited July 2015

Alt text

Donald Trump if he keeps doing what he is doing, he will win.

• edited July 2015

Unless you buy an expensive chair which then puts you to sleep due how comfortable it is. Granted to make PC gaming comfortable needs more money as almost everyone has a sofa and can't fork few hundred bucks to get another comfortable thing to sit on.

Yeah, I love the feel of console gaming. Sitting on my couch with a controller in my hands feels better to me than sitting in a desk chair with a mouse and keyboard.

• Thank you, i hope things work out for you as well.

Ah cool , i hope everything works out for you. Be careful in Florida. I hear there is a zombie problem.

• For fuck's sake. I go to free up some space on my laptop and somehow my entire pictures folder gets wiped.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.