The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• I would love to go back to Iraq. I miss it every day.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Hell, I'd spring for $100 if it meant getting rid of those bastards.

• Why is it trolling to show the soldiers that you support them?

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Take Support your Troops stickers off your car, do you know angry i get when i see them. They are the ultimate troll, and you are trolling the wrong people, you don't want to troll someone who is PTSD Crazy. It just won't end well.

• Um...Showing that you support the troops is wrong?

Take Support your Troops stickers off your car, do you know angry i get when i see them. They are the ultimate troll, and you are trolling the wrong people, you don't want to troll someone who is PTSD Crazy. It just won't end well.

• Heh. I have a National Guard friend who did a couple tours in Iraq. He despised everything about it. Though to be fair, his glorious tasks were burning trash in 110 degree heat and training Iraqi cops.

He preferred trash detail. At least on that tour he didn't come back with anxiety and night terrors. The second time around he was in Ramadi. Not exactly a nice neighborhood.

I would love to go back to Iraq. I miss it every day.

• I don't know if it's necessarily a vent, but the entire "Cats vs. Dogs" argument just annoys me. Obviously not all cats are assholes and not all dogs are saints, and vice-versa. The whole thing just pisses me off.

• i understand how it could be annoying since a lot of people have those just to make themselves look/feel good. But are they really THAT bad?

• The whole thing just pisses me off.

Why? Why do you care so much?

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I don't know if it's necessarily a vent, but the entire "Cats vs. Dogs" argument just annoys me. Obviously not all cats are assholes and not all dogs are saints, and vice-versa. The whole thing just pisses me off.

• Maybe saying it pisses me off was an exaggeration. I just dislike it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The whole thing just pisses me off. Why? Why do you care so much?

• Damn oven mittens sucks balls! I went to check dinner and the heat went right through the mits and burned the joint area of my thumb. -__-

• Oh lawd I am so sorry :(

Damn oven mittens sucks balls! I went to check dinner and the heat went right through the mits and burned the joint area of my thumb. -__-

• That's why I use welding gloves. No way anything could get through those.

Damn oven mittens sucks balls! I went to check dinner and the heat went right through the mits and burned the joint area of my thumb. -__-

• I hate 9chat. I was talking to a great girl from my country all day yesterday and when I updated the app, the whole chat was gone.

Also they made us wait until friday evening to see which college we're accepted into and the numbers change every hour. It's extremely annoying and my friend is scared because he's in the last few students on the list.

• I thought you hated the movie lol

I don't know if it's necessarily a vent, but the entire "Cats vs. Dogs" argument just annoys me. Obviously not all cats are assholes and not all dogs are saints, and vice-versa. The whole thing just pisses me off.

• Putting a sticker on your car , doesn't help Vets get jobs, stop killing themselves or any other issues they come back with. I get PTSD angry when i see a sticker.

BigBlindMax posted: »

i understand how it could be annoying since a lot of people have those just to make themselves look/feel good. But are they really THAT bad?

• Dogs are awesome, Cats are lame.

• George, you do know that the stickers mean they support the military...The stickers don't represent the trouble Vets have upon returning. Sure, I understand where you're coming from, upon returning they don't support the troops. It is pretty hypocritical.

Putting a sticker on your car , doesn't help Vets get jobs, stop killing themselves or any other issues they come back with. I get PTSD angry when i see a sticker.

• What is nine chat?

I like Tinder.

Charlieh65 posted: »

I hate 9chat. I was talking to a great girl from my country all day yesterday and when I updated the app, the whole chat was gone. Also t

• I hope to be a vet someday, and I get kind of peeved when people say ignorant things about either one. They both have good qualities, and I've met great ones and bad ones on both sides.

• A chat version of 9gag. It's great, but it's not meant for finding a date.

What is nine chat? I like Tinder.

• Tinder is pretty much a hook up site.

Charlieh65 posted: »

A chat version of 9gag. It's great, but it's not meant for finding a date.

• I fucking hate the whole PC MASTUR RACE thing.

I'm sick to hell of going on a forum, and talking about a game, and if you happen to mention that you played the game on console, you're swarmed with comments like FILTHY CONSOLE PEASANT.

It shouldn't be about what we play on, it doesn't matter what's better. What we should be talking about, IS THE GAMES. not bickering over what's better like little children.

• My toast is burnt

• Damn, burnt toast is horrible. You have my sympathies.

Clemenem posted: »

My toast is burnt

• Yeah, I love the feel of console gaming. Sitting on my couch with a controller in my hands feels better to me than sitting in a desk chair with a mouse and keyboard.

Gary-Oak posted: »

I fucking hate the whole PC MASTUR RACE thing. I'm sick to hell of going on a forum, and talking about a game, and if you happen to menti

• Agreed, controllers feel much more comfortable for me. Also, my hand shakes a lot when I'm aiming, so when I try to aim using a mouse, I always miss. Much easier with controllers.

Yeah, I love the feel of console gaming. Sitting on my couch with a controller in my hands feels better to me than sitting in a desk chair with a mouse and keyboard.

• every time, every fucking time i have a fairly interesting forum discussion where i can try to present controversial opinions the thread ends up getting locked because "muh disrespect" and "everything that can be said has been said" because apparently everyone on the internet is a fucking telepath that already knows everything everyone will ever say.

if you don't want people to have uncomfortable discussions in your forum then it's fine, it's completely your right to decide so, but at least say it in the ruleset instead of getting your panties in a bunch and pulling the plug when things get slightly a bit heated but not really.

/vent

This was a general vent about forums in general. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or posts in this forums or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

• i bet some day merc outfits will have some sort of patreon where they get money from backers every time they do operations.

My Plan for Isis: Everyone gives kickstarter like twenty dollars. We take that enormous amount of money and pay mercenaries. We have no more isis.

• This is a minor vent that may take seconds of your day to read, but I'm sure many people think the same.

My vent is that I hate how many game companies prefer quantity over quality.

But, wait! My vent is not finished yet!

Those exact game companies sell their games twice as much as the actual price it is worth... and then they add Day-One DLCs, DLCs that cost as much as the game, unfinished games, pre-order content, etc.

It is just to grab the players' money, since games end up costing over $100.

Game companies should be similar to TellTale Games (and similar companies): really good, emotional games that do not cost too much. They may be short, but they're near perfection.

Vent ended. Thanks for reading.

• The metal community is bullshit. A lot of the same metalheads that love to show support to their band or genre are the exact same one's that jump down anyone's throat that has a slightly deferring opinion on musical taste. Look assholes, I like Limp Bizkit and Job for a Cowboy just as much as I like Obituary and Meshuggah. Taste is subjective, and this bullshit elitist mentality becomes overbearing.

I believe in supporting all music. Good, bad, negative, positive, simplistic, complex. I may not fancy a band like Black Veil Brides, but dammit they have a right to exist just as much as Municipal Waste.

• I would agree with you if Telltale had not released two episodes of GoT over the last 4 months without fixing an issue that makes the game unplayable on PS3.

FauDeef posted: »

This is a minor vent that may take seconds of your day to read, but I'm sure many people think the same. My vent is that I hate how many

• I need to vent, since it's 01:00 at night here in the UK and I desperately want to sleep, but my tinnitus/exploding head syndrome/Eustachian tube dysfunction syndrome is keeping me awake at night. Every night for the past few years.

Since I happen to be hearing impaired, or deaf if you will, I'm more or less required to sleep without my hearing aid and sleep in total silence since I was given hearing aids when I was child.

For years now my good ear has been popping like crazy, startling me and keeping me awake when I'm trying to sleep. Just imagine a broken alarm clock buzzing inside your head, but not only can you hear it, but you can feel it behind your eyeball, your sinus, and behind the eardrum.

And the saddest thing? There's no official treatment for it, and the doctors I speak to say the same thing over and over: "Use nose spray/ear drops/whatever". It's gotten to the point where I'm considering getting a grommet/myringotomy surgery to equalise the pressure in my head and drain whatever is stuck behind the eardrum. Even if I risk getting an ear infection to eat away what's left of my hearing, it just might get rid of the condition for good.

But the appointment for the last resort option is next month, and I'm simply don't have it in me to wait any longer for that surgery. My ears are still popping as I type, and I'm struggling to gather the will to ignore it and sleep, since the condition is more than enough to scare me into staying awake in case it won't go away for the next hour or so.

I don't usually make a rant/vent/cry for help, but since everyone is entitled to feel sorry for themselves once in a while, I guess I am too.

Rant over. Thank you for your time.

• You may want to look into hypnosis. There are ways to make your body ignore things so you can get some sleep.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I need to vent, since it's 01:00 at night here in the UK and I desperately want to sleep, but my tinnitus/exploding head syndrome/Eustachian

• It's funny how something rooted anti-establishment/anarchist ideology has been turned into an exercise in elitism.

The metal community is bullshit. A lot of the same metalheads that love to show support to their band or genre are the exact same one's that

• Man, that sucks! Honestly, your probably making the right choice; long-term sleep deprivation wracks both body and mind.

I need to vent, since it's 01:00 at night here in the UK and I desperately want to sleep, but my tinnitus/exploding head syndrome/Eustachian

• A movie theatre that i live by got shot up. Kinda glad i leave Louisiana this August.

• That sounds terrible I'm so sorry your experiencing such pain I really hope you find a way to fix this please keep us updated I know one day this will be fixed I really hope you find a way to beat this as soon as possible good luck

• edited July 2015

Did anyone get killed?

A movie theatre that i live by got shot up. Kinda glad i leave Louisiana this August.

• Well, it's another day and I'm feeling better about myself now.

Thank you for your words of encouragement and advice. I appreciate it.

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited July 2015

Go see a spiritual Healer, like a psychic healer. Trust me, they aren't bullshit. Find one that doesn't charge money, yes they're psychics that don't charge money to help people. They're a lot of fakes, so you have to be careful of who you talk to.

• I have family down south in Louisiana, good that they don't live in Lafayette...

A movie theatre that i live by got shot up. Kinda glad i leave Louisiana this August.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.