Other vault hunters you want to see?

Comments

• Milkshakes.

dojo32161 posted: »

And they all go out for shawarma?

• Rhys/Fiona are mortally wounded, dying. They have fading vision, the other characters are leaning in. All the sudden, with blurry vision, a figure moves the others out of the way. The screen goes black. All you hear is " Your not afraid of a little tetanus are ya?" we hear the play gasp and hear the others shouting in objection. The vision clears, and the voice says, "Calm down, nobody is better at my job than me...." Then Dr. Ted splash card.

• They all gang up on Handsome Rhys.

Milkshakes.

• edited May 2015

Krieg.

Maybe Rhys and Vaughn "save" someone (maybe an unconscious Maya) from him, engorging his Hyperion Hate-On even further.

Rhys: (present) I just want to clarify before we go any further; are you familiar with the average, half-naked, Pandoran Badass Psycho?

The Stranger: I know the type.

Rhys: Yeah, well, this guy was like, EIGHT of those.

• I love the idea of Rhys describing him like that, but can we see Krieg without having to resort to damseling Maya?

She's doesn't need anyone saving her.

The-Qing posted: »

Krieg. Maybe Rhys and Vaughn "save" someone (maybe an unconscious Maya) from him, engorging his Hyperion Hate-On even further. Rhys: (

• What? You don't revive your teammates as they're fighting for their lives and can't muster that aggro?

Being downed/crippled is totes unisex, bro.

I love the idea of Rhys describing him like that, but can we see Krieg without having to resort to damseling Maya? She's doesn't need anyone saving her.

• True, but you were specifically talking about her being Krieg's victim ("save [her] from him").

But let's face it, I don't think Krieg's inner voice would ever allow him to hurt the 'pretty lady'!

What? You don't revive your teammates as they're fighting for their lives and can't muster that aggro? Being downed/crippled is totes unisex, bro.

• That's why i put quotation marks around "save".

Maya gets downed a bit, Rhys and Vaughn see Krieg and due to their past experiences with Bandits and Psychos think that he's just another villainous cannibal, then decide to play hero against their better judgements.

As they're Hyperion and are absconding with his crush, Krieg doesn't take it well.

True, but you were specifically talking about her being Krieg's victim ("save [her] from him"). But let's face it, I don't think Krieg's inner voice would ever allow him to hurt the 'pretty lady'!

• Gaige, but all grown up.

• If the gang does encounter her, I hope they find themselves in a position where they could feasibly subdue her and turn her in for that ginormous $820,000,000,000 reward.

They're conflicted, of course. At first, it's because of fear (huge bounty, Vault Hunter status, death robot pet), then guilt (she's just a kid), then fear again (once she regales them with tales of her favorite kills), then super massive mega guilt once she tells them the story about why she can never ever go home.

Kind of like this.

But that's okay. Because, even though she just met you guys, she feels this connection, y'know? Like she can really trust you. Total ease.

And...

Loader Bot: (about Deathtrap) Where are his legs?

Gaige: He kind of doesn't need them.

Loader Bot: But how will he step on things without feet?

Gaige: He manages just fine. Look. Hovering. Zero toes. Just floats.

Loader Bot: Did he try to run away? Is that why you cut off his legs?

Gaige: Deathtrap never had any to start with, so no. He did not.

(if "EVACUATE" Loader Bot)

Loader Bot: Oh. (stomps away, goes behind Rhys, and collapses itself into its more compact form)

Gaige: Y-yeah? Well...boo, then. Dweeb.

(if "Self-Destruct" Loader Bot)

Loader Bot: (to Deathtrap) Soon, my brother. Soon. (stomps off)

Gaige: It was...nice...meeting you, too.

• So, only guys are allowed to be saved from girls, otherwise it's sexist. I feel like there's some irony here.

True, but you were specifically talking about her being Krieg's victim ("save [her] from him"). But let's face it, I don't think Krieg's inner voice would ever allow him to hurt the 'pretty lady'!

• Okay, yeah - I totally didn't read it that way, but now I get you.

Apologies, I thought you were talking about Krieg actually turning on her, not it just looking like he did.

That's why i put quotation marks around "save". Maya gets downed a bit, Rhys and Vaughn see Krieg and due to their past experiences with

• Yeah, I didn't say that at all... I only included the 'her' in brackets to indicate that I was referring specifically to Maya.

And if that was the case (as in Maya suddenly being Krieg's victim and requiring saving), then yes that would be damseling - which would be lazy and backward writing on Telltale's part, not to mention disrespectful to her previous characterisation.

Piggs posted: »

So, only guys are allowed to be saved from girls, otherwise it's sexist. I feel like there's some irony here.

• It's five years after the end of B2 Gaigie will be grown out not to mention Tiny Tina! I guess we won't call her tiniy any more...hmm she'll probably be 18 then

RedHounds posted: »

Gaige, but all grown up.

• ^ Heh, yeah~ Would be something interesting to explore upon for 2k games and telltale.

Leluch123 posted: »

It's five years after the end of B2 Gaigie will be grown out not to mention Tiny Tina! I guess we won't call her tiniy any more...hmm she'll probably be 18 then

• The last time I checked Krieg needed saving from Maya (I mean literally from her since she kinda tried to shoot him) and not the other way around. Though it was cute when he warned her, so there's that.

So, only guys are allowed to be saved from girls, otherwise it's sexist. I feel like there's some irony here.

• Wait, how do we know it's 5 years from BL2?

Leluch123 posted: »

It's five years after the end of B2 Gaigie will be grown out not to mention Tiny Tina! I guess we won't call her tiniy any more...hmm she'll probably be 18 then

• There was a time line image somewhere. This is 5-6 years after bl2.

DeityD posted: »

Wait, how do we know it's 5 years from BL2?

• Huh. I remember the timeline, but I don't remember it having any numbers tho... Weird, but ok.

There was a time line image somewhere. This is 5-6 years after bl2.

• I'm gonna do it!

Alt text

Huh. I remember the timeline, but I don't remember it having any numbers tho... Weird, but ok.

• edited May 2015

So you're saying that Maya, under every single circumstance, cannot be a victim or in distress. She can only be the one doing the saving.

I disagree entirely. She's isn't a Mary Sue, or, well, she shouldn't be.

Yeah, I didn't say that at all... I only included the 'her' in brackets to indicate that I was referring specifically to Maya. And if tha

• Nope, didn't say that either...

It's Borderlands, everyone is going to be under distress at some point no matter how badass they are and regardless of their gender - and other characters are going to help or 'save' them - it's just how it works, hell, it's a gameplay mechanic.

But for Maya to specifically be Krieg's victim? For him to suddenly lose control and attack her, and her being utterly helpless? Then that is damseling. That wouldn't be one of Pandora's many 'bad guys' attacking her indiscriminately (because that's what they do), that would be a fellow Vault Hunter attacking her for a reason - and given the nature of their 'relationship', that's where things becomes murky. Does that reason only exist because of her gender? Or because of his feelings for her? Are the writer's trying to elicit an emotional response based on their history? It's lazy, and goes against what has formerly been established - there are better ways for the same story to be told (and when you add in Maya's asexuality the whole thing gets even more shady).

I should also point out that while I am harping on about this, I'm actually not one of the people who harangued BL2 for damseling. I believe that there are some instances where it is more suitable than others, and specifically in regards to Angel (who is arguably the most damseled damsel in the history of damseling), it worked. It demonstrated the cyclic nature of abuse, but it didn't just serve Jack's characterisation. Angel was her own character, and while intrinsically tied to Jack (and the horrible things he did to her) she stood on her own two feet. Likewise, with Lilith becoming the next catalyst and being kidnapped by Jack it served her own characterisation as much as it did his. It reinforced her stubbornness and her recklessness, while showing the consequences of those traits.

There are instances where the trope can work, especially if it serves the 'victim' as much as the 'abuser' - but the original point that I (admittedly mistakenly) took offence at (Maya being Krieg's victim) - that's not one of those circumstances (and, quite frankly, I expect better of Telltale)!

So you're saying that Maya, under every single circumstance, cannot be a victim or in distress. She can only be the one doing the saving. I disagree entirely. She's isn't a Mary Sue, or, well, she shouldn't be.

• I ain't even mad. xD

RedHounds posted: »

I'm gonna do it!

• Yeah, I'm the same - I remember the timeline from one of the Tales trailers, but it didn't have specific years - unless people are talking about a different one...?

If anyone remembers where they saw it, let me know! It raises a few questions - like how Jack had hacked different Atlas stuff on the ECHOnet and left his own messages on them - they were less than a year ago. Which means that his AI must have been dicking around in there?

Huh. I remember the timeline, but I don't remember it having any numbers tho... Weird, but ok.

• Maybe they just... measured the line? We should know the gap between TPS and BL2, though I can't remember it now - I only remember it was either 3 or 5 years (I believe it was 3) because someone mentioned how long the war between Hyperion and Pandora has lasted.

Yeah, I'm the same - I remember the timeline from one of the Tales trailers, but it didn't have specific years - unless people are talking a

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Axton is my favorite character in the franchise. He's delightful, and subverts a lot of military shooter protagonist tropes.

Gotta love a rough and tumble soldier guy who is super supportive to his friends and wants to give errbody a big ol' bearhug!

Ma boi Axton

• They were distanced apart based on how far apart they were. Borderlands 1 was a distance from BL2. BL:TPS was a little closer to BL2 than BL1. TFTBL was a little farther from BL2 than BL1 was.

Yeah, I'm the same - I remember the timeline from one of the Tales trailers, but it didn't have specific years - unless people are talking a

• Ohhh, that makes sense - though I'm not sure if it's conclusive, it's spaced fairly evenly so maybe it was purely for aesthetics? I always thought it was just pointing out the order of the storyline, not the specific timing - but who knows?

Alt text

They were distanced apart based on how far apart they were. Borderlands 1 was a distance from BL2. BL:TPS was a little closer to BL2 than BL1. TFTBL was a little farther from BL2 than BL1 was.

• edited May 2015

Thats the one. I was thinking of a timeline that apparently didnt exist when i posted the other post, but i think that it may still be about 5 years or so. I dont know anymore.

Ohhh, that makes sense - though I'm not sure if it's conclusive, it's spaced fairly evenly so maybe it was purely for aesthetics? I always thought it was just pointing out the order of the storyline, not the specific timing - but who knows?

• I think this adequately sums up why I'd like to see Krieg in a future episode. I wanna see how he is around people other than Maya. Does he get along with the other Vault Hunters? Are he and Maya a thing? I like to think he and Brick would make good friends.

• Maya is canonically asexual (though with Anthony leaving and a new writer coming in that may no longer be the case), but even without that there's been some in-game and promotional stuff that suggests she finds Krieg's attraction to her somewhat annoying.

But I agree, it would definitely be interesting to see how he interacts with the other VH's!

KatieDid posted: »

I think this adequately sums up why I'd like to see Krieg in a future episode. I wanna see how he is around people other than Maya. Does he

• Oh! I didn't know. Thanks!

But yeah, I'm interested in how he interacts with everyone. Like...how much control his "inner voice" really has over his actions and whatnot. You would think the Vault hunters wouldn't really trust him. I mean, Krieg's inner voice can only do so much, right? I think it was explained that Krieg's inner voice is like the driver of an out-of-control semi-truck - he can only steer it to hopefully avoid traffic.

Quick question, though. Lore tidbits seem to be difficult to find for the Borderlands games. Any tips on where to find some? The wiki isn't exactly helpful.

Maya is canonically asexual (though with Anthony leaving and a new writer coming in that may no longer be the case), but even without that t

• edited May 2015

Axton

Alt text

I mean seriously, he would at first give Rhys a ton of grief about being Hyperion n' crap. Rhys could easily fight back about the Lost Legion or the mining colonies they abandoned. Then, depending on how well you sassed him back, Axton would start hitting on Rhys (since Axton is canonical bisexual).

• Alt text
    I don't think it was that long, cause this scan shows that Jack was editing stuff less than a year ago

Ohhh, that makes sense - though I'm not sure if it's conclusive, it's spaced fairly evenly so maybe it was purely for aesthetics? I always thought it was just pointing out the order of the storyline, not the specific timing - but who knows?

• (since Axton is canonical bisexual).

wait what? where does it say this?

Axton I mean seriously, he would at first give Rhys a ton of grief about being Hyperion n' crap. Rhys could easily fight back about

• Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be one place that has any conclusive documentation of all the lore (the wiki has some interesting bits and pieces but is a massive pain to navigate).

And half of it comes from the weirdest places, too - like Anthony Burch's askfm, the ECHOcasts Twitter, and character AMA's.

They really make us work for it!

(Also, this thread is great for a more general overview of the lore, but it's still only the tip of the iceberg).

KatieDid posted: »

Oh! I didn't know. Thanks! But yeah, I'm interested in how he interacts with everyone. Like...how much control his "inner voice" really h

• Yeah, I mentioned that a bit further up:

If anyone remembers where they saw it, let me know! It raises a few questions - like how Jack had hacked different Atlas stuff on the ECHOnet and left his own messages on them - they were less than a year ago. Which means that his AI must have been dicking around in there?

There's the possibility that he was able to access it as an AI, but that's when I thought there was conclusive evidence about it being 5-6 years. I think it's much more likely that it's been less than a year. But who knows? Telltale could leave it up in the air (nooo, I need closure!)

I don't think it was that long, cause this scan shows that Jack was editing stuff less than a year ago

• I'm pretty sure there's a quote from a DLC where he admits that he likes women "and sometimes dudes" - though I'm not sure which one.

Dracu98 posted: »

(since Axton is canonical bisexual). wait what? where does it say this?

• It would be funny if he was hitting on everyone, Rhys, Fiona, Vaughn, Sasha

Axton I mean seriously, he would at first give Rhys a ton of grief about being Hyperion n' crap. Rhys could easily fight back about

• Depending on who he hit on, it would be a great opportunity for both Rhyiona and Rhysha shippers.

Poogers555 posted: »

It would be funny if he was hitting on everyone, Rhys, Fiona, Vaughn, Sasha

Sign in to comment in this discussion.