Other vault hunters you want to see?

Comments

• Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, when asked what he would do after finishing his quest of saving the queen and becoming a legend. He explains that he'd spend his fame on guns and women, and sometimes dudes.

I'm pretty sure there's a quote from a DLC where he admits that he likes women "and sometimes dudes" - though I'm not sure which one.

• Thanks, I could totally ship Rhys x Axton ;)

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, when asked what he would do after finishing his quest of saving the queen and becoming a legend. He explains that he'd spend his fame on guns and women, and sometimes dudes.

• RHYXTON

Thanks, I could totally ship Rhys x Axton

• My new OTP.

RHYXTON

• But... but... Rhyiona4lyf...

My new OTP.

• A girl can have several OTP's, can't she?

But... but... Rhyiona4lyf...

• Rhyiona is the one true OTP

A girl can have several OTP's, can't she?

• edited May 2015

What if Tim tried to pose as handsome jack which would piss off the virtual handsome jack but he couldn't do anything without Ryhs so he convinces Ryhs that this is a bad thing since he wants to become the next handsome jack.

Do I really need to say? Oh wait, I totally do: #SaveTimothy (I'd also really love to see Maya and Krieg)

• I think Tim would be interesting.

What if Tim tried to pose as handsome jack which would piss off the virtual handsome jack but he couldn't do anything without Ryhs so he convinces Ryhs that this is a bad thing since he wants to become the next handsome jack

• ... I'm not sure why. But I totally support Axton on Rhys now.

Axton I mean seriously, he would at first give Rhys a ton of grief about being Hyperion n' crap. Rhys could easily fight back about

• Could this be the rise of a new ship...?

ActionHank posted: »

... I'm not sure why. But I totally support Axton on Rhys now.

• FUCK IT WHY NOT. RHYXTON

Could this be the rise of a new ship...?

• Not vault hunters, but I'd love to see Torque and Tiny Tina.

• I don't think that'd work because it seems like everyone knows that Jack died, so for Timothy to pretend to be him everyone would immediately know that he's just a double - that being said, I'll take ANY excuse to get a Timmy cameo, so let's just roll with it! ^_^

What if Tim tried to pose as handsome jack which would piss off the virtual handsome jack but he couldn't do anything without Ryhs so he convinces Ryhs that this is a bad thing since he wants to become the next handsome jack.

• Burch (the lead writer of 2 and TPS) was terrible at keeping canon, he'd approve of fanfiction tier nonsense just because people'd ask him on twitter.
    He once said that Scarlett and Misha were friends because he once saw 2 cosplayers cosplaying as them.
    It got to a point where (iirc) he said that "unless it's in the game, it's not canon" or something.
    I'm really, really glad he's gone, maybe the next Borderlands writer will have enough of a backbone to not bend over backwards to femfreq idiocy, but i disgress.

I second Krieg popping up in later episodes, mostly to scare the crap out of Rhys.
    Rhys: oh uhm, hi, do you know wh-
    Krieg:I HAVE THE SHINIEST MEAT BICYCLE

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be one place that has any conclusive documentation of all the lore (the wiki has some interesting bits a

• YES, tina! she's 18 now, I want to see how she's doing :D .....wait...I just realised she's 18 and...and...legal! hell, I need to go! rule 34 needs me!

nursethalia posted: »

Not vault hunters, but I'd love to see Torque and Tiny Tina.

We all need help.

ActionHank posted: »

FUCK IT WHY NOT. RHYXTON

• I hate to disappoint you, but Anthony is writing the remaining episodes of Tales.

And I personally loved his audience-inspired creation of lore... And I really, really hope the new writer will have enough of a backbone to not bend over backwards to meninist idiocy and doesn't undercut all the amazing stuff Anthony's done for representation in games - but I too digress... ;)

Aaira posted: »

Burch (the lead writer of 2 and TPS) was terrible at keeping canon, he'd approve of fanfiction tier nonsense just because people'd ask him o

• edited May 2015

Maybe Tim would pretend to be handsome jack who had faked his death. We also know he's probably desperate.

I don't think that'd work because it seems like everyone knows that Jack died, so for Timothy to pretend to be him everyone would immediatel

• Oh yeah, that could totally work!

Especially because prior to the reveal of Jack's AI heaps of people assumed that the Jack we kill was actually a double (and that's how they were going to bring him back) - let's just hope Timmy's acting skills have improved since TPS.

Maybe Tim would pretend to be handsome jack who had faked his death. We also know he's probably desperate.

• edited May 2015

Anthony is writing the remaining episodes of Tales.

Source on that? Last i heard he was fired from Gearbox and relegated to some Hulu show after making a fool out of himself on twitter.
    That being said, you seem to be under the impression i have problems against Burch putting minorities in his games, i'm not.
    I liked Athena in TPS (who only popped in because him and the other writer wanted more female PCs), Axton, Moxxi, Springs and Hammerlock, i don't think there was one minority character of his i disliked, i kinda find it weird he went "inclusivity" on sexual orientations and not race, there was, like, 1 black character, introduced in bl1 (which he did not write iirc) and was also the first pc to die(kinda funny when you think about it). Not complaining really, just thinking it's kind of weird. What i do have problems with is him going "oh no i'm really sorry i let anything bad happen to a female character" when some pretentious cult leader said what happened to Angel was misogynistic or some bullshit, which is something even feminists (who, unlike aforementioned compulsive liar, probably played the damn game) said was wrong. It just shows he has only that much respect for his own writing, and that the cult he's in might end up taking precedence over writing good stuff.

I really think he's not a bad writer, just that he lets himself get influenced by things that have absolutely nothing to do with gaming and people who couldn't give two fucks about good games, and it's probably for the best he stays a bit away from the industry until this ideological nonsense dies out.

Also when a professional writer does "aducience-inspired creation of lore" he ends up writing fanfic. Not saying TPS was that bad, but it was definitely a step in that direction. Fanservice does that to things.

I hate to disappoint you, but Anthony is writing the remaining episodes of Tales. And I personally loved his audience-inspired creation o

• I think Burch mentioned in his ask.com page that he was writing SOME scenes in Tales episode 3.

Anthony is writing the remaining episodes of Tales. Source on that? Last i heard he was fired from Gearbox and relegated to some Hul

• CLAPTRAP!!!!

Alt text

• Let's hope that means we'll get some Borderlands 2 Jack, and not that comedy will be replaced with references and "witty" dialogue, cause he did that A LOT.

J-Master posted: »

I think Burch mentioned in his ask.com page that he was writing SOME scenes in Tales episode 3.

• Cult?

Do tell.

Anthony is writing the remaining episodes of Tales. Source on that? Last i heard he was fired from Gearbox and relegated to some Hul

• edited May 2015

"A small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous."

Not exactly "religious" as in "deity related" but eh, close enough, still dogmatic as fuck.
    And just in case your question wasn't rethorical, yes, i do believe 3rd wave feminism and the modern social justice "movements" to be basically cults.

Spoiler because OT, this is not the place to discuss these things by themselves.

Bokor posted: »

Cult? Do tell.

• Help is for the weak. Welcome to Pandora.

... We all need help.

• Yeah, as J-Master said he confirmed it on his ask.fm (he's since said that he's also writing for the remainder of the season).

Also, he definitely wasn't fired from Gearbox. In fact, the CEO of the company has publicly said that he'll always have a job waiting for him if Rocket Jump doesn't work out/he wants to come back for whatever reason.

• Cool, guess we'll know for sure in the next few years, when episode 3 comes out.

Yeah, as J-Master said he confirmed it on his ask.fm (he's since said that he's also writing for the remainder of the season). Also, he d

• Alt text

:laughs, then cries:

Cool, guess we'll know for sure in the next few years, when episode 3 comes out.

• At first i read your comment as "they all gangbang Handsome Rhys"

They all gang up on Handsome Rhys.

• AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE

who is sick of this picture?

MasterStone posted: »

CLAPTRAP!!!!

• edited May 2015

The fact that there's cults more culty than feminism doesn't make feminism not a cult.

Are you a feminist? You seem upset.

• I wanna see them all actually...

The ones still living of course; I think I'd cry if I saw a recording or some flashback of deceased Vault Hunters... like Roland ;.;

• Lets all go out for milkshakes !

I wanna see them all actually... The ones still living of course; I think I'd cry if I saw a recording or some flashback of deceased Vault Hunters... like Roland ;.;

• I see what you did thar~

but like for real- I had to go out and get a milkshake ...for reasons >.>

Poogers555 posted: »

Lets all go out for milkshakes !

• Noticed my reply got removed.

You're still delusional if you believe feminism - ordinary people pointing out that men and women still aren't equal - is anywhere close to Scientology. That kind of belief is in itself cultish.

• my comment got deleted on cascade too, it went something like "the fact that there's more culty cults does not magically make feminism not a cult", it still applies

also which equality issues are you talking about, precisely? because the loud feminism press i've seen is usually ranting about rape culture, patriarchy, wage gap, manspreading and other nonsense.

Noticed my reply got removed. You're still delusional if you believe feminism - ordinary people pointing out that men and women still aren't equal - is anywhere close to Scientology. That kind of belief is in itself cultish.

• If you look past his over-the-top cheerfulness and if he can really express how he feels, the Claptrap would really be a sad, lonely and bitter character.

MasterStone posted: »

CLAPTRAP!!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.