EP4 SPOILERS = The Stranger's Identity? (UPDATED)

Comments

• edited August 2015

yes! i played the DLC for claptastic voyage, but as athena............ i played as timothy for the main story, but yet still for the DLC! couldn' get around to it as i was leveling up other characters also, i would agree on what you said about timothy... i feel conflicted at times, because he can say one thing, but mean something else. i will always see him as a silly guy tho! no matter what.. he will always be that guy for me, yet again, borderlands is not a happy place to be in. i would assume he's sad or bitter too. i mean, who isn't in that world?.. i'll check out the DLC playing as timothy now. i was too busy getting other characters to be as high so i can experience the DLC with all of them at once .. i finished it playing as athena tho, she was my main VH. :)

nursethalia posted: »

Have you played the Claptrap DLC for TPS? Timothy's character is a lot less silly, he starts to get a little more cynical and bitter as the story goes on, and at times he really sounds like Jack. It's pretty sad

• I never considered that the moment could be Fiona embellishing again! That would be amazing. (I'd happily have an entire game of Fiona's embellishments, she brings the quality.)

Mercyva posted: »

yeah! i love timothy! but i hope and i know, if telltale wanted him all along to be the stranger, they must give us something in EP4 regardi

• Between the main story itself and Timothy's downward descent, my playthrough of the Claptastic Voyage was an incredible, yet hella depressing, journey. Jack still hadn't paid Timothy by the end either, had he? Maybe Timothy's trying to get Gortys Project so he can find a vault and pay off his student loans. Who wouldn't, really!

Have you played the Claptrap DLC for TPS? Timothy's character is a lot less silly, he starts to get a little more cynical and bitter as the story goes on, and at times he really sounds like Jack. It's pretty sad

• Sadly, he is very much dead, but he lives on in my heart!

isn't TK dead? or i'm wrong? :O

• she's my girl xD sure she and rhys dont get along that well, but they both are silly xD dramatic and funny as hell ahahha

blue_pen posted: »

I never considered that the moment could be Fiona embellishing again! That would be amazing. (I'd happily have an entire game of Fiona's embellishments, she brings the quality.)

• If I would work with the telltale stuff the community might fear me for comming up with unexpected random shit. Lol

just..... no. i'm WAY TOO invested in this xD

• YES!

Rhys and Fiona: Why did you kidnap us?

Timothy: ...student loans

Rhys and Fiona: enter image description here

Between the main story itself and Timothy's downward descent, my playthrough of the Claptastic Voyage was an incredible, yet hella depressin

• Timothy: ...student loans

:screen cuts to black:

Greatest ending ever.

YES! Rhys and Fiona: Why did you kidnap us? Timothy: ...student loans Rhys and Fiona:

• Cue the music!

"Oh, there ain't no rest for the broke college student

Money don't grow on trees

I got bills to pay"

Timothy: ...student loans :screen cuts to black: Greatest ending ever.

• Has there been much discussion of The Stranger being Vallory?

From a purely physical point of view they share the most similar body-type (size, shape and height), but I'm not sure about the two personalities... They do both have a bit of a lackadaisical drawl, though.

It also fits back into all the old discussions about The Stranger being female ("I'm not a patient person", threatening to shoot Rhys in the groin etc.). People were saying that a non-VH female would struggle to drag Rhys as effortlessly as The Stranger does, but Vallory lifts that Bandit rocket launcher like it's nothing.

Normally I would say that I couldn't see her doing her own dirty work (well she already has, but with a massive team backing her up), but knowing the incompetence of her goons and how easily we've duped them, maybe she decided to take matters into her own hands?

We also know that The Stranger knew about the Atlas biodome, which Vallory obviously does, too.

It would also explain why The Stranger seemingly favours Fiona over Rhys - Vallory seems to have a smidgen of respect for Fiona, but thinks Rhys is an idiot.

I would of thought that Vallory would be more trigger happy, but if she really does need them like The Stranger says then she could potentially contain herself (the warning shots are probably fairly typical as well).

• edited August 2015

thats interesting! that makes A LOT of sense. BUT, why? where is august? where is her squad? she seem to have high influence and even VH's are afraid of her. she makes deal with them! plus she own a bar in hallow point and maybe even more that we dont know... if thats true, they i wonder why? she's not a vaulthunter, why would she want to know about the gortys project? vaughn said that the vault they are seeking called vault of the traveller which is used to travel and hunt vaults, why would vallory want that? hmmmmm....

Has there been much discussion of The Stranger being Vallory? From a purely physical point of view they share the most similar body-type

• timothy be likkeeeeee ...

enter image description here

YES! Rhys and Fiona: Why did you kidnap us? Timothy: ...student loans Rhys and Fiona:

• i would believe that.. plus how weird they find the gortys part right after fiona finished that part of the story.... i was like O_o

FetchWalker posted: »

Well he is searching for the core and maybe smth happened to gortys and the only one who can fix him/her are Rhys and Fiona.

• edited August 2015

I think it's Lilith(Probably wrong). Since the stranger is making them redo their adventure. Probably Lilith might be seeing if they're "Vault Hunter material/Worthy. From what I've seen people think Rhys and Fiona could become Vault Hunters in Borderlands 3. Also Athena probably told Lilith, Mordecai, Brick.etc about them and how she was training Fiona about vault hunter stuff and things. One thing I don't understand tho if the "they were kidnapped a year later thing" is true why would she get them that late. Since the watcher said "War is coming soon". Soon could be within a year also.

• God, that is amazing.

It is tragically fitting in a world where corporations run planets that the ultimate goal is to pay off your student loans. The true final boss.

• Well, we already know why she wants it because it's the exact same reasons she's going after it now (and the whole reason why we're travelling to Helios held at gunpoint) - it's worth a ridiculous amount of money.

As to why she's on her own, it's like I said, her goons are incompetent. I mean, we know Fiona and Rhys get out of Helios unscathed, but we also potentially know that something goes wrong with Gortys (her energy chassis) - what if that's Finch/Kroger/August's fault (hell, even if it's our fault I could still see Vallory blaming them). She definitely doesn't think very highly of any of them (including August), so maybe it was her final "screw you all, I'll show you how it's really done!

To be honest, though, while certain things/motivations etc. seem to fit - there do seem to be pretty big discrepancies between their personalities.

But also, I just don't really know how I'd feel about it - I don't know if we've just put way too much weight on The Stranger being a huge twist - but Vallory feels kind of, I don't know, anticlimactic?

thats interesting! that makes A LOT of sense. BUT, why? where is august? where is her squad? she seem to have high influence and even VH's a

• yes i would agree, but i noticed in EP3 that the stranger seem to be sad or bitter, i wonder why. especially at the campfire scene with fiona, but Vallory seem like a strong character, like you said! she does not think highly of any of her goons, especially since august cheated her and went behind her back to sell the ''fake vault'' ... again, like i said.. she's a strong character that i dont think stuff like that will phase her, she's well off with the bar n' stuff! idk.

i agree that it will feel weird if it was vallory, again because i dont picture her as a weak character thats left alone. she seem like a gang leader, not a loner. and i will feel the same as you, very anticlimactic. yet again, it will not be the end of the world if it does, i just expect more of a twist than this.

Well, we already know why she wants it because it's the exact same reasons she's going after it now (and the whole reason why we're travelli

• edited August 2015

trust me, nothing wrong at this point xD, generally, i'm not a big fan of lilith.. but i wont argue that she's a badaass.. lilith is not a patient person, i would assume she'd kill them the 1st day. just like what she did with athena, i dont think she's as patient as the stranger was..

I think it's Lilith(Probably wrong). Since the stranger is making them redo their adventure. Probably Lilith might be seeing if they're "Vau

• knowing borderlands and the crazy boss fights, this can actually be a cannon hahah xD

God, that is amazing. It is tragically fitting in a world where corporations run planets that the ultimate goal is to pay off your student loans. The true final boss.

• To be fair, Timothy often acts like Jack, because it's his job. He makes a few comments like "It's like choosing between the ladies!......or something......I don't know. God I hate this guy", "Just when I thought this guy couldn't get any darker" and "Wait am I supposed to break character now?" So it's hard to tell how much is him being dark, and how much is him viewing Jack as dark and incorporating it into the role that he plays. This still explains how he seems to be darker in the dlc than in the main game, because after the main game he sees how dark Jack has become. Just a theory, but I like to think/hope that Timothy is (mostly) still the goofball we all know and love.

• edited August 2015

i struggle with that also in playing as timothy in TPS. a lot of times i feel conflicted, because his image is jack, but you can tell that he has his own thing going on. he's the kind of guy to ''Fake it till you make it'' , but you can see that he struggle with that, one thing is for sure, i dont think he's as evil as jack was. his ''image'' & sometime's attitude can reflect jack's, but i dont think ''timothy'' the person will ever be like him. i dont think timothy's story is sad, like lets say; athena. but he sure as hell experienced some huge disappointment and rejection.. idk, i think we need more of timothy in BL3 or something, see how our boy's doing! :)

AdamGoodtme posted: »

To be fair, Timothy often acts like Jack, because it's his job. He makes a few comments like "It's like choosing between the ladies!......o

• Oh God. This. Just when I was converting to the Vaughn theory, this... chart thing makes me completely reconsider and lean back to Timothy. I guess that's what I get for doubting.

After the end of Ep. 3, I thought for sure it would be foreshadowing Vaughn. But now, the height matches Jack/Timothy so perfectly. (August too, I guess.) I don't know what to think anymore.

I'm so conflicted.

#SaveTimothy

A height chart to help you all with your speculating. Original post here. Edit: More charts Source Source All Links

• Save timothy xD haha...... personally i dont think its him or vaughn, EP4 will give us more answers! :ppz

Oh God. This. Just when I was converting to the Vaughn theory, this... chart thing makes me completely reconsider and lean back to Timothy.

• what did you think of EP4????? oh mannn....

Well, we already know why she wants it because it's the exact same reasons she's going after it now (and the whole reason why we're travelli

• heeeyyy Blue_pen, what did youuu think? still timothy?xD ... i just rolled him out..

God, that is amazing. It is tragically fitting in a world where corporations run planets that the ultimate goal is to pay off your student loans. The true final boss.

• have you playes EP4 yet? and what did you think???? i dont think its timothy after this episode :/

As much as I'd like for Tims to make an appearance, and how odd it seems to me he's the only VH not accounted for atm, I have to admit the S

• About Timothy. He technically lost his former comrades Wilhelm and Nisha

• i wont consider wilhem/nisha death's to be a sad thing. they are just like handsome jack, they are evil. to think of it... i wont compare scooters death to either wilhem and nisha, playing TPS even wont make you sad xD lol

Nukledus posted: »

About Timothy. He technically lost his former comrades Wilhelm and Nisha

• Wilhelm was not really evil. He joined Jack to get a challenge and money. He just lost his humanity, because of the cybernetics.

i wont consider wilhem/nisha death's to be a sad thing. they are just like handsome jack, they are evil. to think of it... i wont compare scooters death to either wilhem and nisha, playing TPS even wont make you sad xD lol

• edited August 2015

Other reasoning: Also the stranger said I know what it's like to lose someone you love or something like that (Lilith lost Roland to Jack) and "I'm not a patient person" the stranger said that at one point in episode 2 or 3. Though I don't like Lilith either because she betrayed Jack then she branded his face and she tried to kill Athena with her Crimson Raiders execution squad.

trust me, nothing wrong at this point xD, generally, i'm not a big fan of lilith.. but i wont argue that she's a badaass.. lilith is not a p

• yeah, i think its lilith more than i think its timothy, but lilith temper is just... i do not picture her not shooting both rhys and fiona at this point :)

Other reasoning: Also the stranger said I know what it's like to lose someone you love or something like that (Lilith lost Roland to Jack) a

• They were comrades and I am sure they cared for each other after all this stuff

i wont consider wilhem/nisha death's to be a sad thing. they are just like handsome jack, they are evil. to think of it... i wont compare scooters death to either wilhem and nisha, playing TPS even wont make you sad xD lol

• Maybe its posted before but stranger has the shotgun (guess it was called conference call) from Jacks office. I guess its a unique weapon and a one of its kind.

• did you play TPS DLC the claptastic voyage? i dont think wilhem is any better really, the only good VH was athena... again, i dont feel that sad about nisha and whilhem as much as scooter lets say, so its just a matter of opinion..

Wilhelm was not really evil. He joined Jack to get a challenge and money. He just lost his humanity, because of the cybernetics.

• good for them

They were comrades and I am sure they cared for each other after all this stuff

• yeah, it was mentioned before.. i dont think that gun that the stranger has is the same as the one in jacks office, its a legendary, so technically you can get one, you just had to be a Vault Hunter status to do so, so the question is, why the stranger has this gun in particular? why does he favours fiona? so many questions...

Maybe its posted before but stranger has the shotgun (guess it was called conference call) from Jacks office. I guess its a unique weapon and a one of its kind.

• Maybe a stupid theory but could it be that the Rhys we see is actually Jack who took over his body and the Stranger is actually Rhys now? Seems kinda silly and crazy but its Borderlands, can't rule anything out. He does sound like a robot and that would be the reason for not trying to hurt anyone, especially his own body. The only thing that seems to go against it is the fact that we control Rhys in the Stranger related parts which kinda hints that he isn't being taken over by Jack at that point anymore.

yeah, it was mentioned before.. i dont think that gun that the stranger has is the same as the one in jacks office, its a legendary, so tech

• OMGGGGG, whyy did you do this? SO CRAZY! YET SO GOOOD! never have thought of that...

Maybe a stupid theory but could it be that the Rhys we see is actually Jack who took over his body and the Stranger is actually Rhys now? Se

• edited August 2015

Yes I did. But nobody really liked claptrap not even athena or Timothy. She just hided her feelings more.
    But like you said. It is an opinion question

did you play TPS DLC the claptastic voyage? i dont think wilhem is any better really, the only good VH was athena... again, i dont feel that sad about nisha and whilhem as much as scooter lets say, so its just a matter of opinion..

• Did you realised that Fiona mentioned that the strangers coat was familiar to her ?

good for them

Sign in to comment in this discussion.