EP4 SPOILERS = The Stranger's Identity? (UPDATED)

Comments

• I personally don't think it's a vault hunter. Fiona states in episode 4 that "the clothes of the stranger look familiar" which means she (and maybe we as the players) has seen the outfit somewhere already. Fiona hasn't seen any Vault Hunters before Zer0 so we can rule out all the Vault Hunters which havn't made an appearance in TftB.

What do you guys think?

• I also was thinking about Cassius at a moment but I really don't want it to be him

Jacol posted: »

Honestly, I had no solid theories of who Stranger might be until EP4, but now I think I would bet my money on Cassius. I might be mistaking

• Uh... Actually she's seen three others:

• Athena
    • Brick
    • Mordecai
    Roymiller33 posted: »

I personally don't think it's a vault hunter. Fiona states in episode 4 that "the clothes of the stranger look familiar" which means she (an

• edited August 2015

It's not a bad theory but here's one of my issues. In the 1st episode we see the Stranger dragging Rhys across the ground for god knows how long and in episode 4 he knocks-out Rhys after he tries to runaway. So this tells me that the Stranger has to posses some considerable physical strength, while he could have just hit Rhys with the gun to knock him out, dragging a person through sand/rock terrain with one hand does require some physical aptitude, Cassius looks too frail to be able to do that.

Honestly, I had no solid theories of who Stranger might be until EP4, but now I think I would bet my money on Cassius. I might be mistaking

• I said "before Zer0" : she met the others at a later time! that means it has to be someone appearing in TftB

Uh... Actually she's seen three others: * Athena * Brick * Mordecai

• I told all of them about Jack in my head :) and i m glad i did. I dont wanna keep secrets from them

Mercyva posted: »

mee too xD poor vaughn. but i told fiona and sasha tho, becayse if anything bad happens on helios and jack betrays me, i did not want them to think that i, maybe, did it...

• Maybe they just knew about Nakayamas ID drive and thats already valuable for Hyperion. As we know he worked on some research about cloning HJ in TPS and im the hammerlock DLC

I don't remember, but did Yvette actually mention Jack specifically at any point? Or was she like Vasquez in ep.2, talking about needing Rhy

• That really sucked in GoT. Also it was really obvious. How great would it had been that your own sentinel betrays you?

Maybe the Stranger's identity is determinant based on our actions, like the identity of a certain character in the Game of Thrones game?

• Yep, just re-read and I get what you mean now: it can't be any of the VH's who haven't appeared in Tales.

Roymiller33 posted: »

I said "before Zer0" : she met the others at a later time! that means it has to be someone appearing in TftB

• I never realised but it actually makes a lot of sense! Thanks for pointing it out :)

I personally think it's all part of the 'protocol' Jack speaks about. That the second Jack was uploaded it sent a distress signal to Helios

• edited September 2017

• The only other Atlas employee we saw in TftBl is General Pollux. He was directly involved in the creation of Gortys and he could be alive.

One other thing I found odd about the stranger is that he seems to care about Gortys in more then a "GIFF VAULT" kind of way. At least I understood the line "So you left Gortys with them" that way.

• It looked more like heroes pass. Maybe the Vault of the Traveler manifests there? Together with all the other (greater) pandorian vaults.

• edited September 2017

SirRengeti posted: »

It looked more like heroes pass. Maybe the Vault of the Traveler manifests there? Together with all the other (greater) pandorian vaults.

• His clothes Are looking a little bit like Atlas. Maybe Cassius? Yeah i think it's Cassius! Hehe...

• The fact that the Stranger admitted that he/she knew what it was like to lose someone you care about, did narrow down the selection

• Has anyone speculated that the stranger may be related to Fiona/Rhys in some way? A dumb theory, but maybe something to think about? I mean, Fiona did say she recognized the clothing. Perhaps something from before she and Sasha were with Felix?

• I really do reckon its August now, based on the thing he said about losing someone he cared about, and the fact I think Sasha won't make it, (well, that and that I think his mannerisms most closely match August's and that he might have good reason to find the Vault of the Traveller is he wants to get away from someone, such as his mother).

My two cents anyway...

• They are in the Eridium Blight.

• That shows some dedication, going all the way to find a vault just to get away from his mother

I really do reckon its August now, based on the thing he said about losing someone he cared about, and the fact I think Sasha won't make it,

• honestly i hope ep 5 is like 2 hours. hard to imagine how they're going to close all this shit together

• It didn't feel dickish to me, I'm glad you've fixed me. Like I said, I'm not that much into regular BL games and I wasn't sure if that gun could potentially be manufactured by Atlas, it's my bad I didn't do research.

Don't apologise, it was just an FYI. Sorry if it came off kinda dickish, though - definitely not my intention!

• edited August 2015

But the Stranger 1. seems kinda... dense 2. relatively chill. Both don't suit August.

I really do reckon its August now, based on the thing he said about losing someone he cared about, and the fact I think Sasha won't make it,

• Well that's one scary mom.

Reliqum posted: »

That shows some dedication, going all the way to find a vault just to get away from his mother

• Yea, I feel like each episode has been leaving more and more open ends. Now I have no idea how they're going to bring it all together in the end. Hopefully telltale is able to pull this off.

jamex1223 posted: »

honestly i hope ep 5 is like 2 hours. hard to imagine how they're going to close all this shit together

• i highly thought, since EP2, that the stranger knows fiona or rather ''favours'' her more than rhys. and as the episodes gone by, i think fiona actually ''knows'' the stranger personally. its just, too obvious if you see behind the lines, i got a big hunch that the stranger was amongst the group once, someone who knows fiona personally and has interacted wirth rhys.

LunaBlaze13 posted: »

Has anyone speculated that the stranger may be related to Fiona/Rhys in some way? A dumb theory, but maybe something to think about? I mean, Fiona did say she recognized the clothing. Perhaps something from before she and Sasha were with Felix?

• Athena did lose her sister.

• I agree. If you made certain choices (like, you choose Roland but then make a bunch of pacifying choices) it can make sense, but for some playthroughs it's ridiculous, and feels like the traitor betrayed your family just because a little boy who was lord for a few days didn't give him an elevated adviser position.

Not to mention, Ramsay knew about Talia's song from the funeral -- if you didn't have the Whitehill guards there, who would have told him? It have been the traitor, but there's absolutely no reason to do so except to fuck with the Forresters. But the traitor tries to claim that his betrayal was because he thought it was the right thing to do.

It was such bullshit! I've been so happy with TFBL so far -- if the Stranger's identity does turn out to be determinant, I hope it won't have a bunch of weird plot holes like GoT did.

I HOPE NOT. i hated that they did that... its a shame, because the overall episode was good, but that just ruined it for me... t felt cheap. so i hope they dont do that to TFTBL!!!

• That's what I thought, but then I wonder why Jack didn't just let Vaughn kill Rhys during their first Pandora encounter, and get taken directly to Helios to be uploaded.

I personally think it's all part of the 'protocol' Jack speaks about. That the second Jack was uploaded it sent a distress signal to Helios

• I'm just gonna go with Moxxi. I got no evidence or any real reasoning, but lets just call it a hunch.

• Haven't heard of Felix since episode 2 and since we didn't see him die it might be possible he is still alive.

i highly thought, since EP2, that the stranger knows fiona or rather ''favours'' her more than rhys. and as the episodes gone by, i think fi

• He could be bitter as hell. It's plausible. And remember, August is incredibly serious and dry.

DeityD posted: »

But the Stranger 1. seems kinda... dense 2. relatively chill. Both don't suit August.

• Everything gets reaaaaal serious when she shows up.

DeityD posted: »

Well that's one scary mom.

• What if its Shade? He just wants a friend :c
    enter image description here

• I was actually wondering in the newest episode if the Stranger and August had similar animated walk cycles - they've both got a slow and methodical walk, with their shoulders hunched forward. That being said, it could coincidental, and also be as straight-forward as animation be re-used.

• he could potentially be dead............. awkward xD

What if its Shade? He just wants a friend :c

• I'm not saying it's impossible (and if it's him I certainly won't complain cause I love the guy) it's just... I thought if that's him he would be more violent. But then again, he was willing to kill them only when they betrayed him.

And remember, August is incredibly serious and dry.

Well, he has his moments. :D

LawmanZero posted: »

He could be bitter as hell. It's plausible. And remember, August is incredibly serious and dry.

• yeah... sad tho :/, i think that's why she and fio get along so well. i think fiona's the only one in the group who could understand athena's pain. i think she would feel the same thing if she lost sasha </3

ChaoticMat posted: »

Athena did lose her sister.

• 2 hrs? thats not enouuuuughhh.... i need more of the gang please!! :(

jamex1223 posted: »

honestly i hope ep 5 is like 2 hours. hard to imagine how they're going to close all this shit together

• edited August 2015

i have faith in telltale to make all our questions, or most of them answered in the finale, what I'm MOST worried about is the ending. i dont want a cliffhanger like TWAU and leaving us hanging ''to make our own ending'' i dont like that. please dont do that telltale....... plus i hope we get a DLC or something in the future

Greenzoid2 posted: »

Yea, I feel like each episode has been leaving more and more open ends. Now I have no idea how they're going to bring it all together in the end. Hopefully telltale is able to pull this off.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.