Telltale forum comic (tentative name)

edited June 2009 in Forum Games
Alright, I'm about to start working on what my idea of how the Telltale forums look and how my experiences are with it. I'm going to have characters based off of everyone on here, or as close as I can get. I'll be taking requests on how your character is going to look. Either a) tell me in the thread or 6) PM me your request and I'll see if I can find a place for the character. After I get about 10 or so requests, I'll start up on the comic, scan it in, and post a link of it for you peoples to go and soak in the awesomeness. If anyone wants to go ahead and see the design I'm doing for myself, go ahead and say it.

If this is supposed to go into the Forum Games, then please someone put it there. Thanks ;)

Comments

• edited February 2009
    Try putting Antirikurox in their as an annoying jerk who keeps coming back with a new disguise everytime
  • edited February 2009
    Should it be an incredibly crappy disguise?
  • edited February 2009
    Yes, like a false moustache or top hat
  • edited February 2009
    Or sunglasses? ...Good idea :)
  • edited February 2009
    Thanks
  • edited February 2009
    So, you wanting to be in it?
  • edited February 2009
    Sure. You choose what i look like.
  • edited February 2009
    Alrighty then.

OPEN SPACES LEFT OR SOMETHING: 9 (antirikurox doesn't count)
  • edited February 2009
    This should be very interesting. I think I'll leave the visuals for my character up to you. I prefer to keep the artist's creativity in charge.

Huh. I didn't think that this would become a forum game.....
  • edited February 2009
    I kinda thought it would.

I'm just wanting to get a few details (hair color, skin color, etc) and I can just work it from there. Since I don't really care how antirikurox looks like, I'll just screw around with different styles.
  • edited February 2009
    Alright I'm blond, wear glasses, and slightly overweight
  • edited February 2009
    Can I use an Anthropormorfic Animal? =3
  • edited February 2009
    For StinkomanFan: Alright, then.

...Wow, except for the blonde hair, you sound exactly like I do, except I'm pretty tall. I'm probably going to just make everyone the same size or something.

Ray-The-Sun:

Eh, depends, what kind of animal?
  • edited February 2009
    Ever Seen Sonic SatAM?
  • edited February 2009
    Alright. Let's see....

Male (in case you didn't know), Caucasian, dark brown (nearly black) hair, somewhat tall 'n lean, generally dark clothing (also generally of the Vans brand name)....

...I'll leave the rest up to you. I'm lacking any other adjectives to describe my own appearance.
  • edited February 2009
    Ever Seen Sonic SatAM?

I'm familiar with your world of hedgehogs and mutant squirrels, yes.
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah, I'm Thinkin' Bunnie but as a Guy. Wow, I've seen too mushc of that show as of now. Curse my weekend addictions to Nostalgic things!
  • edited February 2009
    Alright. Let's see....

Male (in case you didn't know), Caucasian, dark brown (nearly black) hair, somewhat tall 'n lean, generally dark clothing (also generally of the Vans brand name)....

...I'll leave the rest up to you. I'm lacking any other adjectives to describe my own appearance.

Why is it that everyone's description sounds exactly like me? o_o

Alright, I'm going to go make some test drawings and I'll post up links to see if they're good or not.
  • edited February 2009
    Why is it that everyone's description sounds exactly like me? o_o

Because all us geek types end up looking the same eventually, Don't we? Hell, If it wasn't for some of the gimmicky ideas in VGcats (Pantsman, Anyone?) Then it'd be pretty bland.
  • edited February 2009
    Can I be in the comic?
  • edited February 2009
    Um, sure, I still have some spots open.

I have some preliminary sketches ready everyone, but since it's connected to my printer and my printer's crapping up, I'll wait until a bit later to show you all.

Oh, yeah, RTS, it came out kinda ugly from your anthro bunny request, so I decided to make you look like Lucas. Or at least as close as I can get to Lucas in my style. Will that work?

And I've thought up a title, at least for right now:

"The Telltale Signs".

Wow, it sounds a lot worse than when I came up with it.
  • edited February 2009
    So should I tell you what I should look like?
  • edited February 2009
    This sounds good to me. I'm Caucasian, I've got slightly darkish brown hair (which is curly with slightly large curls around the edges, but wavy everywhere else; since your art style is a bit minimalistic, large cowlicks in place of curls will do just fine), I'm tall, male, and I hardly ever wear pants (I'm more of a plaid shorts kind of guy). If you decide to put me in, please give me a draft picture so I can correct you if you get anything wrong.
  • edited February 2009
    Any Chance you can PM me a sketch? (I have been incredibly paranoid ever since ordering a copy of FF Tactics Advance from Hong-Kong)
  • edited February 2009
    Don't worry, everyone. Once I get home, I'll post the preliminary sketches I did last night.

And for the record, I'm doing these in a sort of minimalist style. I'm not that good at drawing full able-bodied skeletal characters.
  • edited February 2009
    Here's someone you can easily draw.

picture.php?albumid=143&pictureid=1096

I didn't entirely get his legs in the picture. I named my username after him. I draw comics about him, as well.

Some words I would use to describe him are ignorant, overly dramatic, and clumsy.

He's usually doing something stupid and/or questionable. Like using a soldering iron to infuse a Playstation 3 to his kitchen counter, carefully reading the instructions upside-down.

He has a case of hypomotics disorder, which is a fictional mental disorder where whenever he has an emotion, it goes overboard, and sometimes results in a tantrum.

Yeah, he's a stick figure with an octagon-shaped head. Don't ask how I got this idea.
  • edited February 2009
    My personality would be Sarcastic, Passive Aggressive, and constantly talking about a series I have a fascination with (Starfox and Cave Story, Anyone?)
  • edited February 2009
    Alright, my computer's being an ass (I'm typing this from my mother's laptop) so it'll be a while til I can get the sketches up.
  • edited February 2009
    Just to let you know, I wear a helmet that covers my face, and I wear a leather jacket and blue pants with green shoes. Note, that the helmet is a helmet from WoW.
  • edited February 2009
    Alright, the sketch of myself is attached to the file.

Just to say, I'm probably doing the actual comic in pencil. I just wanted to try out my new pen. It sucks. I'll get you guys' sketches scanned in later today.
  • edited February 2009
    Not bad. 10 times better than my art
  • edited February 2009
    I just wish I could get another good drawing pen. The ones I use keep running out of ink >_<

Not the kind of drawing you guys were thinking, eh?
  • edited February 2009
    Nice, and stylised... I like! I like!
  • edited February 2009
    "The Telltale Signs".

It sounds like we're involved in some kind of murder mystery.

"I suggest it was antirikurox, in the forum games, with the false name.

Anyway, great drawing you have up. Definitely not what I was expecting (some crappy Paint deal, like the majority of the Adventures in the forum games).
  • edited February 2009
    Ever since going to the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums, I've imagined forums as one giant building with lots of rooms, but since it came from the idea of the CSTSF, Most of the rooms were filled with people yelling "OFF TOPIC! SPECULATION! CHACO THREAD DERAILMENT!". Yes, that was one of the funniest forums I've been to.
  • edited February 2009
    Is it too late for me to join? :)

Here's a doodle of me.

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1472
  • edited February 2009
    Is it too late for me to join? :)

Probably not. Only 6 of the 10 spots he promised are taken so far. While you're waiting for his response, you can post a description of what you would want your character to look like.
  • edited February 2009
    Along with your personality stuffs. I'm just doing the spots for the first comic. After that, I'll be open for requests. I'll probably do a new comic once every two weeks.

And Weeblerjake, you wear black construction paper for shoes? Are they comfortable?
  • edited February 2009
    Here are the spots taken so far (not including mahself):

StinkomanFan
    Ray-The-Sun
    splash1
    metalkombat
    Snicklin
    the_napoleon
    Weeblerjake
  • edited February 2009
    Oh, didn't know I was supposed to add my "personality profile". I feel almost like I'm signing up on match.com...

I'm somewhat reserved, but altogether strange once you get to know me. Either I have 50 things to say or I have nothing to say, and those two modes tend to switch with each other every other day. When I have something to say, you often can't get me to shut up, but if I have nothing to say, it's pretty hard to start up any conversation with me. I'm somewhat amusing at times, although this is dominated by instances that I am simply strange. Most of the people who know me think that I'm very weird, but in a very good, humorous way. Also, I love Jelly Belly's.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.