Just Around The Corner (The Walking Dead Interactive Fan-fic)

Comments

• Welcome back :) Things have been pretty rough lately because both Jamie and I are entering high school and can't really keep our schedules. I was planning to come back sometime this week because I've been sick and I have actually had the time to write but Jamie is dropping the story on her end. I have no clue what Siren is doing but I will be back.

I'm back. And... What happened to this thread? ,

• Ah I'm entering high school as well. Good luck, and can't want for the next chapters! No pressure and get well soon. :D

Welcome back Things have been pretty rough lately because both Jamie and I are entering high school and can't really keep our schedules. I

• I'm sure I can get the next part out today :)

Ah I'm entering high school as well. Good luck, and can't want for the next chapters! No pressure and get well soon.

• Alt text

I'm sure I can get the next part out today

• Alt text

I'm sure I can get the next part out today

• Clarice 2 months, one day. September

"I'll Stay"

You think about Jessica's offer for a moment, listing the pros and cons in your mind. What could go wrong? "I think I'll stay. You people seem nice." You send off a smile, you felt that you could trust these people and that they could trust you in time.

Emma says anything before either Jessica or Christa can. "Well we're glad to have you with us now, Clarice. It's going to be a hard winter but with you we might be able to make it. Just one person can make a huge difference now."

Once Emma finishes talking four men come into your sight, coming in the same place that Emma did. "Oh hey, you're alive. That's a shock." The man with long black hair was going to be a problem, you could already tell. "I'm only kidding. The name's TinyCarlos." Not so much a problem apparently.

"TinyCarlos has a sense of humor and may show it at the wrong times but he's a joy to have around." Emma smiles slightly but turns away. "Once the others get here we can leave. Staying out here is just stupid."

You think back, to the storage facility and the science center. You regret helping Reynold and would take it back in a heartbeat. Devyn died because of your actions, Dylan left your group because of your actions. You couldn't help but feel you were the only one to blame.

"Clarice, you okay?" Jessica, Emma, and TinyCarlos look at you "You went quiet about ten minutes ago." Had it really been ten minutes?

"Well if you want to come with us, now would be the time. We're all here and we know where we're going." Emma leans against a tree, still looking at you.

You nod and begin walking, three men had come along when you were thinking. "So, if you don't mind me being intrusive or anything," The man with short blond hair, Steven, looks over at Emma "Why were you near the river anyways?"

Emma remains silent before giving orders. "We saw the walkers on the way here and we know how to get through them."

Christa grabs the nearest walker and stabs it through the head. She cuts the walkers stomach open and starts smothering blood on her clothes, the others do so as well. Christa looks over and notices your glare. "It masks your smell, they think you're one of them and they'll leave you alone."

Jessica dips her hand in the blood and walks over to you. "I'm so sorry, I know it's nasty and smelly but you need to if you want to go with us." Jessica rubs her hand on your back and pulls you closer to the deceased walker.

Jessica, Emma, and Christa dip their hands in the blood again and start covering you. "It's better that we do it, we've done this many times before and you wouldn't want the men to do it." Emma may have seemed a little assertive at first but you would have been a little on the off side if you had just pulled someone out of a river too.

James

"AC, how could you just let him die like that?!" Sylvester yells at AC while running.

AC reluctantly answers "It was either him or you and I.. He told me to leave him."

"But if James told you to leave him there instead of Hodge, would you?" Sylvester just couldn't let it pass. People died, sure it was sad but now it was becoming repetitive. There were no need for tears because you knew it was going to happen again.

"No, I wouldn't. But if I told you to leave me I would want you to." AC takes a deep breath. "Even if I wanted to get him I couldn't have, he was surrounded." You and AC stop running, Sylvester slowing down. "And why exactly should you care, Sylvester? I seem to recall you always yelling at him."

"I only yelled at him because a kid needs discipline to live and constantly being so nice and perky wasn't going to help him." Sylvester may have been the oldest but that didn't mean that he knew more about surviving than anyone else.

You sigh. "Sylvester, you say discipline is the way to survive but you are forgetting that fighting is also no other way to go. That's only asking for negative attention."

Sylvester looks at you with an upset look on his face. "Do you understand how painful it is to watch a kid die, James?"

"He wouldn't have died if it wasn't for you." AC snaps right back, defending you.

"Don't blame this bullshit on me! It was your idea to leave in the first place!" Sylvester goes towards AC.

"Leave her alone. If you want to mess with someone then mess with me because I will not let you lay a finger on her and if you do, so help me God, you will be the next to die." You can't believe the words that just came out of your mouth.

Sylvester backs away from AC, taking what you said to mind. He may have been hot-headed but he didn't want to die.

"Let's just keep walking..." You all start walking in hope to find the woman and the kids. AC stops you and stands on her toes. "Thank you for sticking up for me." She whispers, kisses your cheek, and then continues walking.

Okay so this part was shorter than I expected but I wanted it done today and this was as far as I got. I will write more tomorrow because I am fairly excited as well. No choice this time but next time will have choices and a few familiar faces.

• edited September 2014

AliveJames

I boat it

Clarice 2 months, one day. September "I'll Stay" You think about Jessica's offer for a moment, listing the pros and cons in your mind.

• edited September 2014

Alt text

AliveJames I boat it

• edited September 2014

Alt text

Don't deny his hawtness. You can't deny it. :)

AliveJames4Lyf

• call me dimwit, but I don't understand why that gif? xD

• Because hugs are simply amazing B)

Alive_Clem posted: »

call me dimwit, but I don't understand why that gif? xD

• Its time to be the woman I was meant to be Alt text

Don't deny his hawtness. You can't deny it. AliveJames4Lyf

• Hell yeah. Here's a hug for you

Alt text

Because hugs are simply amazing

• lol that gif.

Alt text

Alt text

Its time to be the woman I was meant to be

• (sry for have taking so long to reply to your comment)

hm, a ... well... gotta go

Alt text

Don't deny his hawtness. You can't deny it. AliveJames4Lyf

• Alt text

Alive_Clem posted: »

(sry for have taking so long to reply to your comment) hm, a ... well... gotta go

• edited September 2014

Clarice

Emma, Jessica, and Christa stop smothering you in the walker blood and take a look at you. "Tyler, what do you say?" Jessica looks over at the man with the blue eyes.

He nods slightly. "So long as she doesn't sweat, run, or talk she should be fine with that." He looks over at you. "You can do that, right? Because I'm sure we could find another way through."

"I can do it." You send off a little attitude, putting your defense up.

"I. uhm. I didn't mean to offend you, I just wanted to make sure you were capable of making it. Didn't mean anything of it." Tyler huffs and changes the topic quickly. "What you're going to want to do is spread out. You should probably stay with Emma, she'll get you through without a hitch."

Emma throws a glare at Tyler which he returns with a smirk. "They won't notice just the two of you but if all eight of us went at once then they would notice us." Tyler takes a moment to think. "If you find yourself split up and cannot reach anyone you need to keep going in the direction you last saw someone else going."

Jessica takes a deep breath as if it were going to be her last. "Lastly, you need to act like you belong. If you panic you will die and we won't be able to help you."

As if it wasn't scary before. "I'm ready." You just wanted to get through the walkers and to wherever these people were camped at.

TinyCarlos and Tyler are the first to go through, then Adrian and Jessica, Steven and Christa, and now finally you and Emma go through. You try and keep your eyes on Jessica, forgetting what Tyler said if you got left behind.

You turn back to Emma, and start breathing heavily. She notices your stress and slows down, trying to keep as quiet as you can. Adrian and Jessica slowly come towards you, Emma sends a scowl towards them, they keep going the way they are supposed to.

You look down at your hands and run into a walker. The walker faces you and grabs your arm. "Emma, get her out of there!" You hear Christa yelling and let out a scream.

You try and pull away from the walker without success. Emma grabs a brick from the ground and hits the walker upside the head. She grabs your wrist and pulls you through the rest of the walkers. Everyone else begins running towards the both of you.

You try and process what just happened but it came and went so quickly. Emma holds your arm up and looks over it. "You made it. You're fine." Emma had a sisterly nature that wasn't easy to miss.

Adrian looks over you. "Was she bit? Is she okay?" He keeps looking over his shoulder, waiting for a response.

"No, she wasn't bitten." Emma lets go of your arm "We need to go now." Emma takes a headcount and begins running, you and the others follow after her.

Now that you had the time to think you had a decision to make. They are going to want to know how exactly you ended up in the river but you weren't sure you were ready to tell the truth.

[Tell them about the group] [Tell them about Reynold] or [Wait until they ask]

AC 2 months, two days. September

It had been about a day now since you all left Emery, a day since Hodge died, a day since the three of you had a falling out. A long day it was.

Sylvester was still questioning your leadership skills while James would still take up for you, even when Sylvester had a point.

If you remembered the exact location of the woman and the kids and they were still there then you should be able to reach them today.

It seemed to be pretty early, five in the morning, four at the least. You stare up at the sky, waiting for Sylvester and James to wake up, then you would be on your way.

You hear someone wake up, you sit up and hug your knees. James comes over and sits next to you. "You all right?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." You smile at him "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

He chuckles "Shouldn't we all be asleep? It's hard to sleep when the dead aren't so dead and want to eat you but then again that might just be me."

You were supposed to keep watch tonight but it was hard to stay awake. You feel your eyes getting heavy and lean against James. Soon everything fades out and you are fast asleep.

You wake up to the bright sun that midday could only have. You weren't in the same place though, you were being carried through the woods. You look up at whoever was carrying you, seeing James' familiar smile. "We ran into them around here." Seems that now he was leading the group.

"You see that?" You hear Sylvester and James nods, he kneels down and carefully sets you on the ground. You get up and look in the same direction Sylvester was looking, you see the figure of a little girl. James pulls out the gun that Hodge had given him and keeps it behind his back.

You throw your arm in front of the two. "I got this." You slowly begin to approach the little girl. She stays in her spot, nervously waiting for you to reach her. "What is your name?" You call out to the girl.

She looks over her shoulder, turning away from you. She faces you again and yells to you. "My name is Crystal. I know who you are and I know that you wanted to kill us." A boy comes and stands next to her. "You're not allowed here."

[Leave them alone] or [Persist]

Katherine

Things had changed since AC, Hodge, James, and Sylvester left. Emery wanted them back but she also wanted them dead.

Emery spent more time worrying about AC and the others and the other group that she forgot about her own group, about you and Amario.

Things were so stressful for her, you offered to help but she would always respond with "You wouldn't understand, Katherine."

She would always talk about how she should have killed their doctor and the auburn haired girl when she first had the chance. She would praise you for getting the girl bitten, much to your dismay. She would tell Amario that he could kill anyone with her word.

She didn't understand that with killing came consequences, with arguing came consequences, with people came problems.

It started out with just the both of you, you were both scared and then Amario came along and stuck around. AC was the fourth person to come in the group, she was put in charge of the supply runs. Brian and Charlie came after AC, they weren't even a couple at the time. James showed up and clicked with AC so he stayed for her. Troy and Hodge came after James, Troy just wanted Hodge away from him because he was always too happy. Sylvester came last and instantly fit in with the group.

After Sylvester joined the group, AC took James, Sylvester, Amario, and Troy out for a run and ran into the woman and children, which encouraged Brian and Charlie to leave. Emery found out which group Brian and Charlie went to and wanted to end them all but the group was far too large to wipe out.

It wasn't your only encounter with the group, after that you had run into one of the leaders and the medic. You got so close to ending the leader but the doctor just had to show up and save her.

AC, Hodge, Sylvester, and James all took off and Emery blamed it on Troy and she killed him. That all led up to where you stand now. Questioning who your real friends are, your decisions, and if you should have ever stayed with Emery.

"Katherine, what are you thinking about?" Emery comes out from her room and sits on the ground next to you.

"Leaving" "You" or [Say Nothing]

Matt

You had a specific job. Find people, any person would do. After you found those people you were to take over the group and lead them back to your real group. No big deal, right?

You walk to a place where you knew people would be set up, the farm. Sure enough there were people, from what you could tell there were five of them, four women and one man.

Now to put on the lost, hungry, wanderer act. "Hello?" You call out to the people. They notice you and remain stationary until one of the women comes towards you, two others following after her.

You see one of the women taking aim at you. "Who are you?" Once she aims the other two women stop and look at you.

"The name's Matt. I seem to be a little lost, I lost my family and we were supposed to meet up somewhere around here but I could never find them." That story usually works on people, no one wants to see a man separated from the person they love.

The woman with the gun puts her gun in her pocket. "What do you say?" She looks at the woman who you can assume takes charge.

"Please help me. I won't pester y'all too much, I just want to find my baby girl." You could see one of them was falling for the act.

The woman who was assumed to take charge begins running back to the barn. One of the other women looks at you, judgingly. "She'll be back in a few minutes." She turns away and looks at the woman who stayed behind with the man.

After a few minutes of awkward waiting the woman returns with a man, they come closer to you. "So why don't you tell him what you told us?" So that makes six people in the group. Still not too hard.

"The name is Matt. I had a meeting place with my wife and my baby girl but I could never find them and the wild goose chase led me here." Let's see if he falls for it.

The man turns back to the woman. "Did you already ask the other two who were out here what they thought?"

She shrugs "Well based on the facial expressions it was a tie and I shouldn't be allowed to make decisions like this anymore."

He crosses his arms "What do you say? Do you trust him or not?"

"Sort of. I don't want to send him back out there if he's telling the truth." She looks down at the ground "We can trust him, I promise."

The man looks back at you "Well then welcome to the group, Matt. I'm Fox and this is Kara." The woman smiles and waves.

"Trust me, you people won't regret this decision." You grin and start walking to the barn. When you reach the barn the people stare at you, some giving you dirty looks, others welcoming you with open arms.

A boy and a girl, Brian and Charlie tell you about their other group and why they left. The two brothers, Paul and Richard tell you who to offer help to and who to avoid. The two kids, Clementine and Willy tell you the story of what happened to the first place the group set up and how they came to be in the group.

Maybe this group was a little more than you bargained for. You count twenty-seven people. It may seem impossible but you know you can do it.

Even though it is your first night around you need to start making an impression on the people to get their trust but who do you start with?

[Fox and Kara] [Paul and Richard] [Katie] [Brian and Charlie] [ATR, AWESOMEO, Clementine, and Willy] [Lucy, Lana, and Ethan] or [Gia and Adam]

• That is the question is life. Why is there a cracker on the dogs head?

Why is there?... A cracker? On his head?

• Why is there?... A cracker? On his head? :D

• [Tell them about the group]

[Persist]

"You"

[Brian and Charlie]

Clarice Emma, Jessica, and Christa stop smothering you in the walker blood and take a look at you. "Tyler, what do you say?" Jessica look

• My comment is so bad that it doesn't even want to stick around

Your comment didn't appear, but I saw it. Hmmm. Maybe he is hungry? XD I don't know.

• Your comment didn't appear, but I saw it.

Hmmm. Maybe he is hungry? XD I don't know.

• PLS WHAT IS HAPPENING

NO THAT ONE IS GONE TOO!

• this dog ruined my life. i need to cast this dog out

All your comments are disappearing... That dog is magical.

• All your comments are disappearing... That dog is magical.

• That dog is going to haunt me forever.

• This dog is haunting me by hiding my comments >:(

That dog is going to haunt me forever.

• never trust the dog 2014

He's making me look like I'm talking to myself, or him. HauntedDog SupernaturalDog LookOutForDogGifs

• edited September 2014

[Tell them about the group] , [Persist] , "Leaving" , [Paul and Richard] HII JEDDY <3 omf my captcha code was 0666 ;LAJS;FD;

Clarice Emma, Jessica, and Christa stop smothering you in the walker blood and take a look at you. "Tyler, what do you say?" Jessica look

• He's making me look like I'm talking to myself, or him.

HauntedDog

SupernaturalDog

LookOutForDogGifs

This dog is haunting me by hiding my comments >:(

• aw man im excited for the next part because ALIVEJAMES E

[Tell them about the group] , [Persist] , "Leaving" , [Paul and Richard] HII JEDDY omf my captcha code was 0666 ;LAJS;FD;

• [Tell them about Reynold]

[Persist]

"You"

[Brian and Charlie]

• edited September 2014

[Tell them about the group]

[Persist]

"You"

[Fox and Kara]

• Now that the tie has been broken I can start writing :D

• [Tell them about the group]

[Persist]

"You"

[Brian and Charlie]

• Alt text

Now that the tie has been broken I can start writing

• Alt text

AliveJames

Now that the tie has been broken I can start writing

Sign in to comment in this discussion.