Just Around The Corner (The Walking Dead Interactive Fan-fic)

Comments

• Alright. We now have set times for Jamie and I. My time is 1:06 in the afternoon and Jamie's time is 11:45 in the morning. Both of those are in central time, more information regarding the other two writer's will be coming soon.

• Well I'm going to start working on the vid for this story but I'm going to need the appearence descriptions of the characters (Not all of them just the ones you want me to include because I am NOT gonna do EVERY single character XD)

Alright. We now have set times for Jamie and I. My time is 1:06 in the afternoon and Jamie's time is 11:45 in the morning. Both of those are in central time, more information regarding the other two writer's will be coming soon.

• Just tell me who you want and I'll find it :D

Well I'm going to start working on the vid for this story but I'm going to need the appearence descriptions of the characters (Not all of them just the ones you want me to include because I am NOT gonna do EVERY single character XD)

• I really don't know who I want in there......

I know for a fact though Kara, Willy, and Fox gotta be in there!

Just tell me who you want and I'll find it

• Let meee see Fox" Kaden has short messy black hair and a cold scowl he always seems to have on his face. He has a large scar on his chin that goes up near his eye. He is rather skinny looking. It doesn't detract much from his appearance but he can come off as incredibly intimidating. (19)

Kara: 5'4, skinny, green eyes, auburn hair put up in a clip. (Jamie isn't one to type a lot) (18)

Willy: Short dark brown hair, clean shaved, light skinned, young, not as tall, not as muscular, has a scar on left hand from dog bite, brown eyes. (12)

I really don't know who I want in there...... I know for a fact though Kara, Willy, and Fox gotta be in there!

• edited June 2014

(Jamie is still doing the parts, I am feeling better but I have my birthday in 3 days so she's sticking with it.)

AC

We leave now

"We all have our stuff?" You stand up and grab your pack.

"We're leaving now? I get it, you want to get out of here as fast you can, but you're forgetting that Emery, Amario, Katherine, and Aidan are out there and Troy is up there. How are we going to get out without Troy noticing?" Sylvester questions you

"So long as we're quiet it shouldn't matter. If he catches us we just run, there's not much that we can do to prevent him from seeing us." James looks up at the room where Troy was.

"Let's go, we can't waste time." You walk towards the gate with the boys following behind you. You open the gate and poke your head outside, looking for Emery. Hodge keeps watch for Troy. You all rush out, shutting the gate behind you.

"Where do we go? What do we do?" Hodge was the only one with a gun. Emery had taken the rest of yours, leaving you all with a pocket knife.

"We probably should have planned this earlier." James takes a moment to think "We have the two groups we saw before or we could stay on our own. We could go with those kids or we could go with the man that nearly killed Amario. Amario and Troy tried to kill the kids and Amario killed the woman. The other choice is to stay on our own."

We go with the kids (Kylie, Artie, Joseph, and Crystal) or We go with the man (Cole) or We stay on our own

Katie

She should go

"She should go, these kids need help. When we asked someone for help we got fucked over, but it's the least we can do." Harry looks down at the two kids.

"If her arm starts bleeding again, put pressure on it. If she wakes up you need to keep her calm. and keep her down, she doesn't need to be walking down. The best way to avoid waking her up and putting her in danger is to be quiet." You warn the group. Adam hands you a gun and the kids lead you out.

"Where are we going exactly?" You ask the two kids.

"Wherever Kylie and Artie are." The little girl seemed to be more determined to get you to her friend.

"What are your names?" You try to start conversation with them.

"I'm Joseph and that's Crystal. Our hurt friend is Artie and we have a girl taking care of us, her name is Kylie. There used to be another lady, Kylie's mom, but we got separated." Now that you knew their names it should be easier to get on their good side.

"How did your friend get hurt?" You try to understand their problem

"One day we got attacked and we had to jump out of a window, Crystal and I made it into the dumpster safe and sound. Artie went and he struggled and he landed on his arm. Kylie thought he would be fine but soon the arm started to become grey, he said he couldn't feel it, so Kylie sent us to find a doctor." Crystal had stopped responding to you.

ATR

You ran a few blocks away with AWESOMEO and Gia to a nursing home that you used to volunteer at after school.

The three of you made it to the nursing home, every person who was there for safety, for food, or becase they couldn't escape was dead. It was actually pretty sad to see some of the people that you had known before were flesh eating monsters.

"Where should we look?" Gia had only ever been to the nursing home once. She couldn't stand being around people who couldn't take care of themselves so she wasn't there for long.

"There was a little nurse's cart for each hallway. There are five hallways and a lockdown unit. If we want to get back to Lucy then we need to hurry. Gia, you check the first hallway, AWESOMEO checks the second hallway, and I'll check the third." You show Gia where the first hallway is and run to the third hallway.

You rummage through the nurse's cart, finding nothing. You stand up and go to the fourth hallway and begin looking through that cart. You hear Gia yell "I got the bandages, let's go!" The three of you meet back at the door.

• [We stay on our own]

(Jamie is still doing the parts, I am feeling better but I have my birthday in 3 days so she's sticking with it.) AC We leave now "

• Let's do some more alternate choices, shall we?

Willy: [Yell for her to stop]: You would yell for ATR to stop, she wouldn't hear you. Peggy would shoot her. Katie would come out to help her and get shot in the process. Santiago would also be shot by Peggy. You would not be trusted by anyone in the group but Kara would convince them to keep you around. Tera's introduction would be delayed because of ATR's death.

Reynold: [One day, but not today]: You would leave and return the next day, catching Fox on his way out. You would try to "talk" to him but he would ignore you. You would then continue to beat on the gates.

Leroy: [Truth]: You would tell Fox the truth about Reynold and his group. he would leave you in the unit and go warn the group.

Leroy: [Kill me]: You would tell Fox to kill you, he would deny your demand, saying that he would only be giving you what you wanted and that it wasn't worth it.

Willy: [Run and hide]: You would grab Clementine and run, the both of you would be spotted and tracked down. One of Reynold's guards would have taken you to him.

Kara: [Take aim now]: You would take aim right then and take the shot, you would miss and get caught.

Katie: "We should wait here": ATR would agree with you and Gia would bring Tera to you, making you deliver the baby.

Peggy: [Be quiet]: You would take Reynold's warning and be quiet. He would begin to push you around again, you would walk away from him.

Leroy: [Escape]: You would leave Kara and Willy alone and make a run for the gates, meeting up with Reynold on the outside.

Kara: "We surrender": You would decide not to take any more chances and surrender, Willy would begin to question why you wouldn't fight back.

**Katie: "We stick together":: You would all go back to the medical station with Tera. You and ATR would deliver the baby, you would escape with ATR, Devyn, Gia, and Lucy.

Katie: "You all go with Tera, I'll keep moving": ATR, Devyn, Gia, and Lucy would go back to the medical station with Tera, they would escape but you would be caught and considered a traitor.

Lana: [Look for others]: You would wait around the area for a little while, running into whoever escaped with ATR and the baby. You would take them back to the meeting place.

Lana: [Look for a weapon]: You would look around for any sort of weapon, finding a stick. Ian would catch you and bring you to Reynold, classifying you as a traitor.

Lana: [Go back and help]: You would return back to the group, running into whoever went with ATR and Tera, they would convince you to not go back, saying that it was a death wish.

Richard: [Look for Paul]: You would stay in the area and look for Paul. You wouldn't find Paul but you would find Pia and Mitchell. Mitchell would explain to you why he ran away from the group and continue on his way.

Richard: [Get out of the area] You would leave the scene. Pia would be found by ATR and whoever left with her.

Paul: "Can I borrow your gun?" You would ask to borrow her gun and explain nothing to her. Daphne would deny your request and demand an explanation that you did not give her earlier.

Adam: [He'll be fine, I'll go]: You would leave Santiago at the motel and try to go back to the group. You would realize how dangerous it was and go back for him. He would not be there when you got back.

Adam: [We stay put]: You would decide to stay at the motel and run into Vanessa, Kylie, Crystal, Artie, and Joseph. They would invite you to join their group in which you would have to decide on whether to trust them or to return to your original group.

• edited June 2014

I'm just going to finish the alternate choices and Jamie will continue the story in the morning.

Adam: "You take him back to the motel.": You would give the directions to the motel to ATR and whoever was with her. They will take him but ATR won't agree with the plan, she will go anyways.

Adam: "We all go back to the motel": You would lead ATR, Santiago, and whoever went with ATR, if anyone, back to the motel. When you returned you would find Vanessa, Kylie, Crystal, Artie, and Joseph.

Lucy: [One last shot]: You shoot your gun without aiming, the bullet hits the wall. Reynold would draw his gun and shoot you in the chest.

Adam: [Shoot]: You would shoot without thinking. You would kill the guard but get caught in the process, you would have been killed by getting stabbed in the stomach by Ian.

Gia: "You can leave your weapons here.": You would tell Adam that he could leave his weapons there but he couldn't stay in your unit. He would reluctantly agree and put his weapons under the bed and leave. When it comes time for the unit check Reynold would check your unit and find the weapons, Reynold would pin the blame on you and shoot you.

Willy: [Completely ignore him]: You would ignore the guard and walk away from your post. He would leave his post as well and go get Reynold. Reynold would show no mercy and shoot you, saying that you knew the consequences.

Fox: [Look for some of the others]: You decide to look for some other members of your group. Instead, you find Emery and her group, you have a close encounter with Amario who thinks of you as an enemy.

Fox: [Stop her]: You would run and grab the rock from her, Reynold would see that the two of you were using the rock as a weapon against him and shoot at the both of you and Willy.

Fox: "We put Willy in danger": You would put Willy in a situation and Kara would find out that it was the plan all along. Katie would try and calm her down, Kara would take the gun that Katie took from Reynold and shoot her. She and Willy would leave the group.

Adam: [Put both weapons down]: You would put both the bat and the gun down. Ian would take you and Gia to Reynold, Reynold would put the two of you to work, classifying the both of you as traitors.

Adam: [Take a shot]: You would take a shot at Ian, the bullet would kill him but the gunshot would draw Clarice's attention. Clarice would shoot at you, leaving both you and Ian dead.

Devyn: [Protect your friends]: Reynold would continue to pressure the group until he started talking to everyone individually. When it came time for you to talk, you would deny knowing anything. He would say you were bluffing and shoot you. (Pretty rude if you ask me.)

Devyn: [Lie]: You would say that you had no idea about what Kara was trying to get out of you and that she probably didn't either. She would respond by saying that she knew and she was glad to explain it to you again.

Dylan: [Stay put]: You would stay at your station. Nothing too eventful.

Kara: "We wait here": You, Dylan, and Katie would stay at the door. Richard would open the door and Katie would see Devyn's dead body.

Vanessa: [Leave. He's not your problem]: You would leave John at the mall. He would eventually find you again and shoot the one person that meant the most to you, Kylie.

Adam: "We stay": You would decide to stay there. After about two weeks, things would start to go downhill and you would be forced to leave.

AC: "Leave them": Amario would ignore you and run for them. You would call out to the people, the man on the left (Cole) would stop Amario and proceed to beat him up until he is stopped by the little girl (Clementine)

Kara: "We burn her": You decide not to take any chances and burn Daphne's body. You would have to stay in the area a while later than you had originally planned, running into Charlie and Brian.

Kara: "We leave her": You and the others decide to leave Daphne's body there and continue on the road. Dylan would say it was inhumane to which ATR would say that if he didn't like it then he could just leave and that he wasn't forced to join the group and he's not being forced to stay in it.

That's about as much as I can do without giving away further parts that Jamie is planning and won't tell me about -.- I think that is enough for the night.

• Wow, we got really lucky and pretty much escaped death every time.

I'm just going to finish the alternate choices and Jamie will continue the story in the morning. Adam: "You take him back to the motel.":

• [We stay on our own]

(Jamie is still doing the parts, I am feeling better but I have my birthday in 3 days so she's sticking with it.) AC We leave now "

• I laughed pretty hard when I realized that. There were 17 chances of dying and only 2 of them happened because you guys actually wanted them dead

TWD_25 posted: »

Wow, we got really lucky and pretty much escaped death every time.

• I have finally convinced Jamie to sign up for her own account so that I can write while she writes. She will be posting the next part on time (Hopefully) and I will be posting mine on time :D

• (I'm sorry that this part is a little late but I waited a little to make my account.)

AC 2 months, 6 days

"We stay on our own"

"I told those kids that they were going to get themselves killed and they saw James, Sylvester, and I. They won't be too happy to see us. The other people lost one of their own to Amario, they saw us too. The same goes for them. We stay on our own." You knew that it put you and the others in danger but so did going to the groups.

"And what is our plan? We need a plan to survive." Hodge points out to you

"There isn't one. We just don't join a group and we stick to the woods." You keep an eye out for Emery.

"AC, where did they go? We need to know so we can avoid that area." Sylvester stops you

"I didn't think about that. They went down near the motel. Brian and Charlie went to one of the groups and they were near the motel and Emery wanted to find them so that's where she went too." James answers the question.

"Then we avoid the motel, unless we want trouble." Sylvester turns the other direct, going the opposite direction of the motel.

Willy

You and Clementine sit next to Lucy, you were to make sure that she stayed down and didn't hurt herself.

Lucy begins to wake up, staying down, as if she knew that she was supposed to "Well? How bad is it?"

You assume that it was directed towards you and Clementine "It doesn't look that bad, how does it feel?"

"It feels like shit. I feel like it's still there though." Ethan notices that she's awake

"How did it happen?" Clementine's curiosity was getting the better of her.

"Katherine and I were arguing and I was standing too close to the ditch and she pushed me down. When I fell there was a lurker down there and it bit me. Lana tried to grab me but she couldn't reach, she got Gia to help her but Gia couldn't hold her and let go, Lana landed on me and stopped the lurker from biting me anymore. That AWESOMEO guy saved our life, if he didn't show up then Lana would have gotten bitten as well." You knew how the event went through from what you saw but you didn't know what happened in the ditch. "What happened to Katherine when we left her?"

"No one got the chance to see. Katie didn't tell us you were leaving, she and Ethan just grabbed you and we followed her. We kind of got overrun, we're lucky no one else got bitten. If they did then they didn't tell us and that's mean." Clementine begins to think about what would have happened if someone else had gotten bitten.

"That makes sense.." Lucy stares at the roof "Where is Kara? We were talking about something important before it happened."

For once you didn't actually know where she was "She might be watching for ATR, Gia, and AWESOMEO to come back."

"Can you go look? I would but according to Katie I can't move." You nod and leave the barn.

You find Kara outside and tell her that Lucy needs to talk. "Right now? Can I trust you to stay up on the roof, keep watch, and try to be as quiet as possible?"

"When have you not been able to trust me?"

"Don't get smart." Kara goes down the ladder and inside.

Lucy

"Clem, can you go talk with Cole for now? What we're about to say is a secret." Kara comes down to you "So, what did you decide?"

"Oh not this again.."She sighs "I decided to go. I can't leave her, that's fucked up and she's family. She was there for me when I got pushed around on the bus in third grade so I'm going to be there for her now."

"What are you going to tell the boys? Willy is going to want to go and Fox isn't going to willingly let you go alone. You need to have a plan." You look up at her.

"I already made a plan. Fox and Willy are keeping watch right now, I can make a run for the woods." Lana brings Madilyn over to you.

"That's barely a plan." You laugh

"Don't get smart." Kara stands up and makes a run for it.

"Where's she going?" Lana sits down next to you

"Places. What's up?" You smile at Madilyn

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. Gia says sorry too but she's on a run right now." She looks down at you

"It's not your fault, you actually helped me by falling. If I was to blame anyone for the bite, it would be the new kids. None of this would have happened if they stayed with their group. Where is Katie anyways?"

"She's helping out another group, don't worry about her. Get some rest, you need it." Lana takes Madilyn and goes back with Richard.

• Since I'm running late, how about some theories? What do you guys think is going to happen?

• My theory is that something happens!

Since I'm running late, how about some theories? What do you guys think is going to happen?

• Somebody may or may not die.

Since I'm running late, how about some theories? What do you guys think is going to happen?

• I'm sure Walker #56 will die. Not sure about Walker #84 though.

TWD_25 posted: »

Somebody may or may not die.

• Touché

My theory is that something happens!

• Walker #75 seems preeetty sketchy to me

Pipas posted: »

I'm sure Walker #56 will die. Not sure about Walker #84 though.

• Katie

Crystal and Joseph lead you to a woman and a young boy. Based on what they told you, you could infer that they were Kylie and Artie.

"Kylie, we found someone. She can help us." Joseph looks at the young woman.

"What's your name?" The girl, Kylie, takes you to Artie.

"My name is Katie." you try to keep your words limited, needing complete silence so you can focus. You take the boys arm and ask him where he directly fell. He shows you where his arm hit the dumpster. Joseph wasn't kidding, the entire arm was grey. You had seen nothing like this before.

"What does it look like?" Kylie keeps a watch over you.

"I don't know, it's hard to say. Could be Blunt trauma. If it is Blunt trauma then I can't fix it, I don't have the proper supplies and his blood vessels could be torn. I'm sorry." You stand up "Is there anything else I can help with?"

Kylie looks as if she wants to ask something "No. That'll be all, thank you."

You're pretty sure that you memorized the way back to the farm so you start going back by your memory.

Katherine

Those people had left you for dead. Once you realized that they left, you ran to go find Emery and Amario. You noticed that Aidan went with them.

You ran through the woods, you keep looking behind you, afraid that one of those things were behind you.

You stop running and fall forward. "You should really be worried about what's in front of you, rather than things behind you." The voic sounded familiar. You knew it was someone you hated but you couldn't recall it.

You stand up and dust yourself off "What the fuck is wrong with you?" You look at the hooded person.

"Hey, I did you a favor, it's just as bad up there. You would know if you paid attention." The voice came to your head, it was the woman that went with Amario and Emery.

"I don't need your help, thanks for the thought though." As much as you hate to admit it, you were actually glad she stopped you.

"Fine. Go get yourself bitten, I really don't care because you're not my problem." The girl begins to walk away but you stop her.

"Help me get back to Emery and Amario. You seem to know what you're doing and it's the least you owe me after taking three of my people." She takes her hood off.

"I didn't ask for your people, they came to us. And the answer to your request is no, I have my own stuff to do and I don't need a little child who is dependent on me to follow me around." You notice two figures behind her, Emery and Amario.

Amario grabs her and pulls her back "No room for bitterness? You're one to be talking." You hear a gunshot nearby, your ear starts ringing. Amario lets go of the woman and she takes off, you go with you first instinct and chase her. She leads you to one of the other members from her group, the medic.

"Kara, what the fuck did you do?!" It obviously wasn't the first time the girl had gotten herself into trouble, probably not the second either.

"The funny thing is that even I don't know what I did. They're pissed off because three of their people joined us." Kara pulls the medic away from you, Emery, and Amario.

"That little bitch shot at me, I'm not letting either of them get away this time." Amario gets closer to the two.

Emery pulls him back "You have no chance against them with your arm." Amario pulls away and runs at the two.

You were guessing that they heard the leaves under him. The medic dodges the attack and pushes him to Kara, she grabs him by the back of the neck and pushes him into the tree. "Leave us the fuck alone. If you kill another one of our people then the lurkers will be the least of your problems."

Kara

You and Katie leave Katherine, Amario, and Emery. it was weird, knowing their names but hating them, you had never known the name of someone you hate but then again you never really cared to find out.

"Where were you going?" Katie immediately starts asking questions, knowing that you weren't exactly allowed to leave.

"Home. By the way, you should avoid the main road at all costs, lurkers everywhere." You continue on your way

"Hell no. You are not leaving me alone after that." Katie decides to go with you. "Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Ask away, it probably doesn't even matter since the world is dead now." You can tell that Katie sort of regrets asking the question, even before she asked it.

"What is your real name? It's just been a thought, you respond to your name but it's a late response, as if you're expecting another name. I mean none of us really know you, besides Fox and Willy." She had a pretty fair point

You chuckle "Karalyn Marie Lux. I would always tell my mom to call me Kara or Lyn instead of Karalyn but she never would, she said the name was "unique" and that I should be proud of it. I never really thought it was special, it's just two names put together when you think about it. My mom was all about knowing the meaning of a name before even thinking of naming a kid."

"What does your name mean?" This was probably the first time you were actually interested in talking about your name.

"Beloved lake." Katie instantly lets out a laugh.

"Why are you going home?" She drops the name topic

"Seeing Samantha and Madilyn, Paul and Richard, and Willy and Clem made me realize the sibling bond that cannot be broken, no matter how much you hate it." You knew Willy and Clem weren't siblings but they were close to it.

"So you're going back for a brother or sister?" You reach a gated community

"Sister." You look for a way past the gates.

"You could just try this." Katie climbs up a tree and crosses over to the brick wall.

"In my defense, I never would have thought of that." You climb the tree and cross over.

"What now?" Katie looks over to you, waiting for instructions.

"Come with me." or "You should probably keep watch out here, we don't know what's in here."

• "You should probably keep watch out here, we don't know what's in here."

Katie Crystal and Joseph lead you to a woman and a young boy. Based on what they told you, you could infer that they were Kylie and Artie

• "You should probably keep watch out here, we don't know what's in here."

Katie Crystal and Joseph lead you to a woman and a young boy. Based on what they told you, you could infer that they were Kylie and Artie

• Katie

"You should probably keep watch out here, we don't know what's in here."

"You should stay out here and keep watch. We have no clue who or what is in here." You agree and Kara runs off.

You keep your gun holstered and look around the area. You never even knew that this place existed, it was pretty nice though, you wouldn't mind staying here for a while.

You see a house with an open door and decide to go in, you didn't know how long she was going to be gone and you wanted to make the best of your time.

When you entered the home you could tell that it was a family house, it had a welcoming feeling, it had been a long time since you felt that. You go into the kitchen, everything was neat, as if the people who lived here were in no rush to leave. You look through the drawers and see that when the people left, if they did, took none of their food or anything.

You run to the back of the house and look through the rooms for a backpack or something that you could carry the food in, you knew it was wrong to steal but the people would have wanted to help. You find yourself in a little girls room. You grab a backpack that had butterflies as the design, this only made you feel worse for stealing but you had to survive too.

You take the backpack and go to the kitchen. You throw all of the canned goods in the backpack, grab a can opener, and leave the house.

You see Kara coming back with two people following her "I thought you only came for your sister."

"I didn't expect for my dad to be there, I'm as disappointed as you are." She seemed tense about the man being around. "Whatever, we don't have time to deal with him right now. We need to get back."

"And who's your little girlfriend here?" The man asks Kara, her face turning bright red

"Nice introduction, my name is Katie. Who are you?" You face the man

"I'm her dad, Jeremy. This is my other daughter, Nina." You turn back to Kara, she gets back out stepping on a window seal and reaching for the brick wall. You do the same and watch as Jeremy and Nina try to. "Karalyn, where are you taking us?"

"I have the right mind to take you to Amario but he's busy hugging a tree. I was going to take Nina with me but now I'm having second thoughts since you showed up, besides, she's the older and most precious sister, she doesn't need help. And stop calling me Karalyn, no one calls me that anymore." You could tell that her dad being around was going to cause problems.

"Well, you're going to have to deal with it and me. Life isn't fair." Yep. He was definitely going to cause problems.

"You're my dad, yeah, I get it. I've had a pretty shitty first two months,. Be like a normal, good parent would be and cut me a break, I don't need you to baby me the whole way, I've made it through just fine without you. I don't need you to make the rest of my life a living hell because you have nothing to live for. Unlike you, I have plenty of things to life for and I don't walk away when things look bad." She stops walking and looks at him "If you're going to try and ruin my life then go ahead but if you bring anyone else into it, you're as good as dead." You'd never seen Kara be this cold to someone.

You grab her arm and pull her forward "It's done, I think he gets your point."

"Yeah, Karalyn, go with your little girlfriend." You kind of already knew that the others in the group were not going to stand for his little comments.

"You know what? I am lesbian and I'm proud to admit it. I was born this way, it's not a medical condition, it's not a curse, it's not temporary, and I'm fine with it. If you want to tell the rest of the world then be my guest, plenty of the people in our group know, it's not really a big deal to people anymore. Stop being an asshole to me and Kara, because if you're still making these little comments about people when we get back to the group then you are fucked. Our group has had a rough time and we don'r need you to make it worse. Act your age and stop setting a bad example for Nina and Kara." Nina begins to laugh and walks over to you and Kara, leaving Jeremy behind.

Nina

"What did you mean by setting an example? I'm 23 and Karalyn's 18, he'd be influencing an adult." Your dad follows the three of you, keeping his distance.

"You can set an example to a person of any age. Kara set an example on Willy, he's 12 and Devyn set an example on me, she was 16 and I'm 21. Sadly, your dad chose to set the wrong kind of example." Katie looks back at him.

"He doesn't know where his boundaries are. He left us a long time ago and I can see where Kara stands because he left on a bad note and he said that she was the problem. Our mom had to work two jobs after he left and we didn't really have a wide variety of clothes to wear so we were usually the target for bullies for those reasons. It was normal for us." You drop the subject "Where are we going, anyways?"

"A little farm. Our group has decided to not stay put for too long, the only reason we have a place right now is because one of our own go bitten, she's going to make it though." Katie has a worried look. "We should probably run, I want to be able to help Lucy." Katie begins to run, you and Kara following her.

ATR

You, Gia, and AWESOMEO make it back to the farm, Gia gives you the bandages and looks around for Katie "She's gone. Where did she go?" You and AWESOMEO go to Lucy.

"She said you would know what to do, she went to help some kids that Harry found, she'll be back soon though." Lana comes over to you, leaving Madilyn with Richard.

You sigh and try to wrap Lucy's arm "She knows more than I do, I won't be a big help."

"Any help is a big help." Lucy chimes in.

You hear the door open and Katie comes up from behind you "Guess I got back right in time. Let me help you." She holds down the arm and lets you wrap it up.

"Thanks for the help." Lucy directs to the both of you. You return to Clementine and Cole and look for Sardines, the kid had grown on you.

You take Sardines and go to Gia. "Aren't you a little young to be a mother?" You and Gia hear a man's voice.

"Who the fuck are you?" Gia steps in front of you and Sardines.

"The name's Jeremy Lux. Is that your baby?" He walks closer to Sardines and you pull away.

"Lux... I've heard that last name before, I just don't know where." Gia begins to go deep into thought

"It's Kara's last name. That's her dad, I'm not sure how though, hes a complete asshole." Katie looks over Lucy's arm. "Remember what I said, Jeremy, people won't stand for your little act here. You'd better watch who you talk to, you're lucky that she even let you come; I would have let you stay on your own and just taken Nina if I were her."

"Nina? Who's Nina?" Gia looks over at Katie.

"Kara might explain it to you, she's up keeping watch with Fox and Willy. And that is not an invitation for Jeremy to go snooping around, she's pretty pissed off at him."

• AC 2 months, 7 days. September

You, James, Sylvester, and Hodge run through the forest during the middle of the night. As far as you knew Emery, Aidan, Katherine, and Amario were already back and it was only a matter of time before they realize that you were gone.

You were all worn out, you had been running all day, trying to avoid every person you saw and every lurker that came your way. It was even more dangerous at night.

Sylvester had mentioned how earlier you had seen a small group of four people, they were having an argument. You could have joined them but your plan to stay alone was standing in the way. Maybe staying alone wasn't such a good idea.

You had no food, only one gun, and no place to sleep at night. All you did was run, you couldn't stop without being afraid for your life, your guard was always up.

"AC, we can't keep going like this, we need to stop. I know I told you it was a bad idea to join a group, but if we keep going like this then we're in trouble." James tries to get you to change your mind "When December comes around and it's stats to get colder and one of us gets sick we will be forced to stop. i don't know about you but I would rather just stop running and join another group now, rather than get sick and nearly die because we were to reluctant to stop." You had to admit, he had a point.

"James is right. AC, we're struggling now and the government is obviously not coming to help us." Hodge adds on to James' remark.

"Fine. We'll look into joining a group." or "Just give it time and we'll be better."

Richard

Paul had sort of gotten over Daphne's death. it was weird, there was no time for mourning or for a funeral, there was only one thing that separated you from the dead, they eat the people but you leave them.

The group was growing more and more distant everyday. Fox and Kara were so intent on trying to keep the group together and safe that they forgot about each other, about Daphne, about thinking forward. They were impossible to predict. Fox was fine, he kept to himself most of the time but Kara was all over the place, you couldn't pin her down.

She brought in two new people. A man and a woman, you heard the way Katie talked to the man, it wasn't like her. She was always nice to everyone, something must have happened before they got here. You wanted to know but you didn't want to intrude into their business. But then again, this new guy looked to be bad news.

[Ask Katie] or [Stay out of it]

Willy

You sit on the roof, keeping watch with Fox and Kara "Who are the new people?" You look over at her

She rolls her eyes "My sister and a nobody."

"Wait, you have a sister?" This was actually new to you.

"I've had one for the past 18 years, I also had a mother at once but I'm not rally sure what happened to her, maybe Nina knows." Dylan comes up to the roof with a worried look on his face.

"Fox, Kara, we have a problem down there, the new guy is starting problems with ATR and Gia." The two of them go down, you follow quickly behind and Dylan stays up on the roof.

You hear the man yelling once you enter the room. When you look you see him yelling at Gia with ATR and Sardines behind her. You see Kara's sister, Nina, try to stop him but he just keeps yelling.

"That's not a very good first impression and not a very good way to act in front of your daughters. I have no idea what your problem is but you need to drop it, no one is going to stand for your attitude here and I've already told you that so many times. I'm not against you here." Katie tries to distract him with words while pulling ATR and Sardines out of the situation.

"I've had enough of you too. I don't give a damn who you are or who you think you are but you-" He is cut off by Fox

"Katie's right. You haven't been a very good person since before you got here but whatever you have held up from before the world ended needs to be dropped, we can't fight against ourselves when there are bigger problems out there. I get it, you're a dad but from what we got you started the problem, you were told to calm down, and you didn't. Kara and Katie both warned you before that we wouldn't put up with your attitude here. You're lucky that you didn't start a fight with the wrong person because there are people here who will not hesitate to keep you quiet, no matter who's father you are." He turns to face Fox

"And you are?" You jump down from the ladder. "Oh look, another kid to fuck your group over. By the looks of it, that's the sixth kid."

Kara looks offended by the fact that he even thought to mention you and the other kids "I told you to watch who you brought into it."

"And I told you not to play with fire but we see the direct result." Kara and Nina go up to the roof with Dylan.

"You see that attitude she gave you? She never acted that way towards anyone until you showed up, she killed two people for that little boy and nearly got a third. She knows how to survive, both of them do, obviously, but you still don't get it. You can't act a certain way and not expect to get in trouble for it. Kara knows her boundaries, Nina is so quiet that no one needs to worry about her causing trouble and she's only been here for about half an hour. In those thirty minutes you chose to start a fight with two girls over a baby that isn't even yours. It's pretty fucked up when your daughters are more behaved than you are." Fox knew more of the story than you thought he did.

The man, Jeremy, doesn't respond to him. You and Fox go back up to the roof.

• "Fine. We'll look into joining a group."

[Ask Katie]

AC 2 months, 7 days. September You, James, Sylvester, and Hodge run through the forest during the middle of the night. As far as you knew

• [Fine we'll look into joining a group]

[Ask Katie]

AC 2 months, 7 days. September You, James, Sylvester, and Hodge run through the forest during the middle of the night. As far as you knew

• AC

"Fine. We'll look into joining a group."

You sigh "Fine. We'll join a group but don't blame me when it goes bad, blame Amario."

You see James' face brighten up "Which group do we go to? Do we try to find a new one?"

""AC, you're in charge of this operation and we go with whatever you say." Hodge looks over at you

"We look for a new group" "The woman and the kids (Kylie, Artie, Joseph, and Crystal)." or "We go with the man." (Cole)

Richard

[Ask Katie]

The man seemed to think that he was in charge and you knew that Fox wasn't going to like that or his attitude. You decided to go talk to Katie and see what his problem was.

"Katie, what the fuck is wrong with this guy?" You obviously weren't the first person with the idea that Katie might know something. Cole, Lana, Pia, Ethan, and Zack were all looking answers along with you.

"I don't know, I didn't even know he was a live person until he showed with Nina and Kara." You notice Dylan going up to the roof where Fox, Kara, and Wily were.

"Well now you know I'm a real person!" Clementine covers her ears and closes her eyes. Paul comes over to where the rest of you are.

Fox, Kara, and Willy come down and join the rest of the group, Dylan stays up on the roof. Fox had no problem with standing up to the guy, you notice that Kara and the new girl are keeping their distance. You go over to the the two girls. "What is wrong with this guy?" Paul follows behind you.

Nina takes a minute to think "You got me there." Nina gives Kara a worried look "What if they hurt each other?"

Kara simply laughs "They won't."

"What was that laugh? Kara, do you know something that we don't?" Nina knew her sister and apparently Kara laughing wasn't normal.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't." Kara's smile fades once the man, Jeremy, mentions Willy "I told you to watch who you brought into it." She and Nina go back up to the roof.

"And I told you not to play with fire but we see the direct result." What did fire have anything to do with the conversation? It looked to you that he was holding the past against her, that wasn't going to work with this group. he had no idea what he was in for.

This is the only part for the day since it's Jen's birthday today but if I can I will post two parts tomorrow and Jen will post her part :D

• "The woman and the kids (Kylie, Artie, Joseph, and Crystal)."

Fluefeed posted: »

AC "Fine. We'll look into joining a group." You sigh "Fine. We'll join a group but don't blame me when it goes bad, blame Amario."

• edited June 2014

"The woman and the kids (Kylie, Artie, Joseph, and Crystal)."

Happy Birthday Jen.

AC "Fine. We'll look into joining a group." You sigh "Fine. We'll join a group but don't blame me when it goes bad, blame Amario."

• Really nice fanfic.

• Thank you, from the both of us :)

stitch123 posted: »

Really nice fanfic.

• She says thank you so much, she'll be back to update at her time tomorrow

"The woman and the kids (Kylie, Artie, Joseph, and Crystal)." Happy Birthday Jen.

• Clarice 2 months, 7 days. September

You knew that after you had left Reynold that he was going to try and do something insane, like go after the people or you. Those people were safe, they got away long before Reynold could even think about tracking them, but you weren't so lucky.

Everything was becoming so troubling. There was no hope left for people, eventually every person would die. You knew that but you didn't want it to be true.

You run down to the creek in the middle of the night, it's pitch black out and you can't see anything. You knew you were close to the creek and there were lurkers around, that's all you knew and all you wanted to know.

You hadn't stopped running since you left Reynold a day or two earlier. You had gone deep into thought, not paying attention to where you were going. Next thing you knew, you were in the river, hurdling down the stream.

So I found a part that Jen left out from a long time ago and I decided to post it since it has like no affect on the story anymore but it does foreshadow a bit and had something pretty important in it and I can see why she didn't post it but I'm full of bad choices woo

Gia I believe this was at least 3 weeks ago, still at the Science Center

"I don't get it. What's the point of trying to keep me alive when I have my girls when I'm just going to die anyways?" Daphne says to you, Katie, Kara, and ATR. She looks at ATR and Sardines. "Like Sardines' mom, what happened to her?"

"She's dead. That doesn't mean you're going to die. With all the stupid shit that Kara does, she'll probably die before you. Besides, Tera didn't have the medical attention and supplies that she needed." ATR explains the story to Daphne.

You look at Kara, expecting her to get offended but she just shrugs "It's true. No one lives forever but you still have a better chance than I do."

"Either way, Daphne has a chance. Katie will hopefully be there to help and we're prepared for it, whenever it happens." Even you felt that Daphne had a pretty small chance of making it.

"Katie, what would you say?" Katie looks up at Daphne

"Oh... I never thought about it. I would rather have my kids survive, they would have more to live for and might even become something great, but that was before the world went to shit."

There were really only three parents in this conversation, ATR, Kara, and Daphne. ATR had basically adopted Sardines, Kara was more of a mentor figure to Willy, and Daphne wasn't exactly a mother yet.

ATR looks over to you "What about you, Gia?"

"I have to agree with what Katie said. My kid would have a better chance at survival than I would and their life just started, there's no reason to end it."

(This part is short because I have to start working on the next par for later whoops sorry)

• AC

"We go with the woman and the kids (Kylie, Artie, Joseph, and Crystal)."

You knew that the man wouldn't be too happy to see you after you were there when Amario killed that woman. Your best chance was with the woman and the children, you just hoped that they don't remember what you said.

"It'll be hard to find a new group and that man would kill us if he were to see us again. Our best option is to go with the woman and the children. James, where was the last place we saw them?" You, Hodge, and Sylvester look at James.

He take a minute to think "I think they were near the motel, they might have moved though."

"They couldn't have, that kid was in terrible condition and it would be stupid to move him." Sylvester looks in the direction of the motel.

"Then we'll go to the motel and look in the area. Even if they did move, they couldn't make it that far." You turn around and start running to the motel, Hodge, James, and Sylvester following you.

Nina

The man, Fox, had come back up to the roof and before you knew it your dad was yelling again. This time you and Karalyn wanted to handle it, maybe he would listen to one of you.

The two of you run back down, this time your dad had turned to pushing to the man. "Paul, be the better man and drop it." You heard the medic say to the man fighting your dad.

You knew your dad's next move all too well. He winds up for a punch and you bolt forward, trying to stop him. He throws a punch and it hits you instead of Paul, you fall back and hit your head on the wall. Katie and ATR run to you to help you.

Karalyn pulls your dad away from you. "You see what you did? You hurt her, the one thing you promised to never do again." She lets out a deep sigh "I think it's best that you leave. You've proved yourself to be a constant danger to people in the group and I should have never brought you here. I tried with you, but you are just going to cause plenty of more problems."

"Maybe she don't want me gone, accidents happen." He tries to argue with her.

"Fine. Let her choose. Nina, is he staying or leaving?" Karalyn looks over to you, waiting for an answer.

"He can stay." or "He leaves."

(Jen has decided that instead of struggling to write her part at 1:06 that she is going to stop taking votes at 1:06 and write her part at 2:45.)

• "He leaves."

AC "We go with the woman and the kids (Kylie, Artie, Joseph, and Crystal)." You knew that the man wouldn't be too happy to see you aft

• He leaves

AC "We go with the woman and the kids (Kylie, Artie, Joseph, and Crystal)." You knew that the man wouldn't be too happy to see you aft

• ATR

"He leaves."

"Nina, I'm your father for Christ's sake." AWESOMEO and Kara go behind Jeremy, waiting for Nina to say the word.

"You may be our father by blood but you haven't been with us damn near enough for us to even consider calling you dad. Karalyn was right, bringing you here was trouble. That's why you're leaving." Nina stays down, looking at the roof.

AWESOMEO grabs his left arm and Kara grabs his right arm, they push him forward to the door. "ATR, go help them; it's alright, I've got Nina handled." Katie helps Nina up. You run over and help AWESOMEO and Kara with pushing him out, the three of you force him out and Paul shuts the door before he can run back in. "Well, that's one problem handled, who's going to tell Fox that we can't leave because of Nina?" Katie comments from the far end of the room.

"You won't have to, I'm going to be fine. I appreciate your worry though." You run back over to Gia and take Sardines from her.

She chuckles and looks up at you ."You really like that kid, don't you?"

"Why wouldn't I? Maybe if you had one of your own, you could feel what I feel when I'm around this little girl." All you wanted to do was see Gia be happy. Was that really too much to ask for?

"Sadly, I cannot have another person's child and keep it for my own; the only people who can do that are you, Lana, and Katie." That wasn't really what you meant.

"Gia, you know what I meant. You can have a kid of your own and not have to take someone else's for your own." You knew exactly where this conversation was going now.

"After witnessing a father punch his daughter, fight over a kid that isn't even his, and get kicked out by his other daughter, makes me worry about ever having a kid; I don't want my kid to have a relationship like that with me or their father." You wanted to argue, saying that it was just Kara but for once it wasn't her fault and it wasn't Nina's fault either. They didn't ask for a dad like that.

"But that's where you're wrong. They won't have a relationship like that, he's just a dick and he's gone, he is non-existent, he no longer matters." Gia laughs a little.

"So, if I were to have a kid, who would I have it with?" That was the easiest question that you've answered all day.

"Well, Adam has saved you plenty of times now. I know what you're going to say next; you don't like the company of people who can't take care of themselves and babies have an excuse, they don't even know their names and they can't help it." Gia seemed to be caving in to your pressure.

She looks at you and Sardines, Cole and Clementine, Lana and Madilyn, Katie and Samantha, and Kara, Nina, and Willy. You wait for her response.

Cole

"Did that really have to happen? Couldn't they just have given him another warning?" Clementine says, talking about how they kicked Jeremy out.

"They didn't do it for themselves, they did it for the entire group. He hurt that girl, even though she is his daughter." Clementine didn't really notice the little things like that.

"I would never kick my dad out, it's just mean." She frowns and crosses her arms, looking down at the ground.

"He was mean to them and he didn't think of the consequences, because of that he was forced to leave. You need to think of your actions before you go through with them." You look around at Lana and Madilyn, Katie and Samantha, and Kara, Nina, and Willy. "Clem, we all have family here; it may not be by blood but we want to do everything we can to protect them, even if we have to risk our own life."

"Like Paul and Richard, right?" Clementine didn't really understand but you could tell that she was trying to understand.

"Paul and Richard are brothers by blood, they were born into the same family, like Samantha and Madilyn. Lana and Madilyn are not related but they're still family to each other. Kara and Nina are sisters but Willy isn't her brother or her son, she just treats him like he is. We don't know anything about Pia's family so we assume that she's on her own but Richard looks after her either way." You could tell that she was catching on.

"So me and my dad were blood but me and you are not blood?" Now you knew that she understood. You nod, telling her that she was right.

Lana

You had basically become the adopted mother of Madilyn, Katie was taking care of Samantha and Paul was there for the both of them, no matter who they thought their mother was.

Lucy had become closer than ever with Ethan, but the two of you had become distant. It was amazing how the group had changed in just one month.

KingJuiceBox, Devyn, and Daphne were all dead. Aidan, Charlie, Brian, AWESOMEO, Dylan, Pia, and Nina had all joined the group. Sardines, Madilyn, and Samantha had all been born in just a month span.

The group had one through three places in just a few days and made the major decision of always staying on the run because people had beome afraid of other groups that were out for them.

Things in the group were changing faster than you realized, you couldn't keep up with the changes. It was like a puzzle and you were missing a piece, that piece was just gone, like it never came in the puzzle.

You knew that it was September and that had been two months since all of this had started but that was as far as you had gotten. How long until your birthday? How long until your anniversary? It seemed that the things like that had slipped from you and everyone else.

You look over to Katie and Samantha and Kara, Nina, and Willy. The others were happy and you were too but you just didn't know what to think anymore, any thought that you had before all of this had just vanished.

Katie

You, Paul, and Lana had become the responsible ones for the two girls, Madilyn and Samantha.

By now, everyone in the group had their fair share of responsibility, some not taking it as serious as others or as they should.

You were to watch the health of everyone in the group, with some help from ATR.

Lana and ATR were to watch over Willy, Clementine, Samantha, and Madilyn. Cole and Kara would often come around for Willy and Clementine

AWESOMEO hadn't been assigned a job yet but you could tell he was fit for runs, he would probably go on runs with Zack, Harry, and Dylan.

Harry went on runs but he was mainly there to recruit more members, Kara and Fox always believed in safety in numbers. That might change after Jeremy, though.

Fox and Kara would mainly keep watch with the help of Lucy, Adam, and Ethan. Lucy wasn't fit to help keep watch anymore so they would probably get Brian or Charlie to help them. You knew it wasn't easy for two people to watch out for 27 people.

Paul, Richard, and Pia would help to distribute the supplies, like food and water. Paul and Richard would hand the stuff out and Pia would make notes of who got what.

Cole and Gia were to watch over Santiago. It may seem like nothing but it was pretty hard, he was like Kara, you couldn't pin him down. He was shy and he didn't prefer to be around people so he would stray from the group.

You look over at Kara, Nina, and Willy. You really didn't see the resemblance between Kara and Nina.

They both had a scar on their cheek but you didn't know where Nina got her scar, most likely not from Reynold. Nina's hair was in a ponytail and lighter while Kara's hair was darker and down to her back, which was pretty but dangerous at the same time. Kara was taller than Nina. Nina had grey eyes while Kara had green eyes.

You would had never known that the two were sisters if they hadn't told you.

Kara

"Why did you have to throw him out? Why not give him another warning?" Willy had been asking the same question since you had thrown your dad out.

You sigh "Because if I gave him a chance after Fox gave him a chance after Katie gave him a chance then he would have plenty of chances and he didn't even deserve the one."

"And what if he comes back with people and tries to hurt us?" He was pretty mature for his age, even though he always thought about the things that had a small chance of happening.

"We won't let him. Karalyn did what was right by throwing him out, Katie and I should have listened to her when she said it was a bad idea." Nina tries to ease Willy.

"What happened to the sarcastic bitch that tormented me for the first 14 years of my life?" Nina lets out a scoff

Nina hears the rumble of thunder and gives you a look. "You're supposed to be 23, even Willy knows that playing outside in the night, let alone during a storm, is a bad idea. Willy, can you take her around to meet everyone? I have to get back up to keep watch." Willy nods and takes Nina over to Adam, Gia, and Santiago.

You run back up to the roof and instantly hear Fox, you look over and see him looking over the edge. "You're not coming back, you were probably thrown out for a good reason. Just stop trying and leave before you draw attention to yourself." Willy was half right about your dad coming back, except for he never left and brought no one with him.

You place your hand on his back and he looks at you "Let me handle this." You go back down and out the door. "Stop. Nina and I are done with you; we gave you more than enough chances, even Nina said that. Just leave, you're causing problems for everyone and those problems can potentially get someone killed; if you want to get someone killed then let it be yourself." You turn away from him "And if I were you, I would get out of here, we're not going to have you fuck us over again."

You go back inside before he can respond to you. Nina looks over to you and you shake your head.

Vanessa

"Okay, the last place that I saw them was right in front of the motel, I could have gotten to them but you pulled me away." You glare at John and he rolls his eyes.

"I did it for a good reason, you would have died. You didn't let me die that day and I didn't let you die, I think that's pretty fair." The two of you walk in the general direction of the motel.

You hear the rumble of thunder and see the flash of lightning. In the split second of light, you can see four people ahead of you. They are looking for something and so are you.

"John, do you see the people?" You just wanted to make sure that you weren't going crazy before you went to talk to your imaginary friends.

"And here I thought I was going crazy." That was basically his way of saying yes. "What do we do?"

"Why are you asking me?" The two of you crouch behind a wall.

"Because these are your children in danger. Those people could help us find them but they can also be killers, it's your choice." You couldn't tell a kid in class no to crayons and now you were given a big decision like this.

"They can help us" or "We can't count on anyone"

(Sorry that there is only one choice but Jen wanted this part to be long so it could make up for both of our parts. The next part, which will be released tomorrow, will explore something that we really haven't been around so far. It's preeeeetty important.)

• "They can help us"

ATR "He leaves." "Nina, I'm your father for Christ's sake." AWESOMEO and Kara go behind Jeremy, waiting for Nina to say the word. "

• They can help us

ATR "He leaves." "Nina, I'm your father for Christ's sake." AWESOMEO and Kara go behind Jeremy, waiting for Nina to say the word. "

Sign in to comment in this discussion.