Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• It's an overlay, overlay's aren't that difficult to switch out. Most likely they use Rhys' countdown overlay as a default, and then go back in and fix it to have Fiona's in her choices. Didn't really bug me.

J-Master posted: »

Um, why is Fiona's dialogue tree the same as Rhy's? Telltale aren't getting lazy are they?

• 64 days and counting.

• still waiting on that teaser.

Alt text

Know the feeling dude, knoooow the feeling.

still waiting on that teaser.

• I hate the waits for second episodes.

Why are they the longest, like wtf, all other episodes are shorter to wait for...xD

• I'm not going to lie, the wait is starting to get to me...

Alt text

• I feel you, Handsome Jack. xD

( No but seriously it feels like it's been forever since ep1 got released )

I'm not going to lie, the wait is starting to get to me...

• What was that sorry?
    I couldn't hear you over the sound of my pension coming in...

Lilacsbloom posted: »

still waiting on that teaser. Know the feeling dude, knoooow the feeling.

• I really hope that ep 3 won't take this long.. cant handle this anymore..

• Meanwhile the rest of the fandom:

Alt text

What was that sorry? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my pension coming in...

• Oh, but it will. The only episodes that are usually released quickly are the final episodes of a series. Both seasons of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us only had about a month wait in between Episodes 4 and 5.

nohuhhuh posted: »

I really hope that ep 3 won't take this long.. cant handle this anymore..

• 65 days and counting.

• edited January 2015

It's 2 month for Game Of Thrones

Pretty SOON :Р

Crips posted: »

I hate the waits for second episodes. Why are they the longest, like wtf, all other episodes are shorter to wait for...xD

• Scoobybloom4life

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Meanwhile the rest of the fandom:

• Good things that have come from the wait for Ep. 2:

-I get to make crazy headcanons/theories.

-Get to talk to you guys about such things.

-I'm actually going back through Borderlands 2 and doing side missions I missed. (I stumbled upon Lynchwood by accident about a few months back)

-I'm continuing my novelization of BL2, which I've kind of left sitting since October, ha ha.

-I'm on Ep. 5 of TWAU, and I've been comparing my playthrough with my sister to hers.

It's usually around this point where I forget I'm waiting for something that the game/thing I'm waiting for comes out, kind of like how I played episode one for Tales a day or two after it came out because I had just noticed it was downloaded in my steam library. Safe to say, I've been trying to be "productive" in these "dire" times.

• Oh, dear God. He waited so long, he's starting to having spasm attacks.

• edited January 2015

Thread: Another Twau Ep.2 Situation?

Well, why is Game Of Thrones Ep2 coming first than this? Should i be worried? I don't want it to be another 4 month delay...

• edited January 2015

did you forget the part where we got no news at all for twau ep 2 until maybe 3-3.5 months after episode 1 came out unlike tales where we have gotten tweets that it is coming very soon and a clip from the episode

ata95 posted: »

Thread: Another Twau Ep.2 Situation? Well, why is Game Of Thrones Ep2 coming first than this? Should i be worried? I don't want it to be another 4 month delay...

• Game Of Thrones episode 2 just finished production first. Besides we have a clip and a few screenshots it'll be out soon. So far, the second episode of each series takes the longest from what I've seen.

Thread: Another Twau Ep.2 Situation? Well, why is Game Of Thrones Ep2 coming first than this? Should i be worried? I don't want it to be another 4 month delay...

• unlike tales where we have gotten tweets that it is coming very soon and a clip from the episode

You know, you make an excellent point.

Jewfreeus posted: »

did you forget the part where we got no news at all for twau ep 2 until maybe 3-3.5 months after episode 1 came out unlike tales where we have gotten tweets that it is coming very soon and a clip from the episode

• edited January 2015

Not even close to as long as Wolf was, considering we have seen screenshots and a clip, expect it very soon

• First of, it wasn't technically a delay, since they never stated a release date. I know that's nitpicky, and it doesn't make up for the long wait and lack of communication, but still.

Enough of that :P

I'm expecting Episode 2 to release on Febuary 17. If it comes earlier, then that's perfect. But if it doesn't, then at least I am prepared for it.

But don't expect a 4 month wait like TWAU. It looks like it's about done.

• If it helps, in an alternate universe, episode two is already out.

Alt text

Bring us the episode... wipe away the debt...

• Release, released, will be released.
    Delay, delayed, will be delayed.

Game is both released and delayed.

I find this condition... disagreeable.

nursethalia posted: »

If it helps, in an alternate universe, episode two is already out. Bring us the episode... wipe away the debt...

• Bioshock confirmed!?

If it helps, in an alternate universe, episode two is already out. Bring us the episode... wipe away the debt...

• I think It will come out the 10th

First of, it wasn't technically a delay, since they never stated a release date. I know that's nitpicky, and it doesn't make up for the long

• When is episode 2 coming out and why are there always delays .

• We have to go back and smother telltale in the crib...

• There isn't a delay

When is episode 2 coming out and why are there always delays .

• edited January 2015

there is no delay this is how episodic games work don't like it well then stay away from the forums for about a year so you don't get spoiled and wait until the all the episodes are out before buying the game

• sigh

There's no delays.

• Now I'm just really jealous of the alternate me who has already played it and already knows how great it is...

• Yup -

Well we should all know better by now - I do believe your timeframe is about right.

Then again I only bought TFTB by accident around christmas, I tought all eps were out because GOT was launching. (fool)
    I had such a good experience with buying after the Season before ... you know price and playtrough ... I guess in the end we all are going to wait six months and kinda lose track of the game halfway trough the season .... to finish the rest around the finale ..

Guess I will stick to "post season purchase" in the future.
    For me - again - this seems to be the most reasonable way.

sigh Here we go again. But I have seen a tendency to the better with Telltale's communication lately. I like that. Anyway, see you in March. <---- not kidding

• You're a dog in an alternative universe :D

Just sayin

Now I'm just really jealous of the alternate me who has already played it and already knows how great it is...

• ZOINKS!

Crips posted: »

You're a dog in an alternative universe Just sayin

• This is completely off-topic, but I just found out Jungle (the amazing folks behind Busy Earnin') had a solo gig literally 10 minutes away from my home the other day (they also played at a close-by festival today) and I'm kicking myself for not knowing sooner because I totally would have gone - it would have been the perfect remedy for my Tales withdrawals!!!

• Oh wow :D

This is completely off-topic, but I just found out Jungle (the amazing folks behind Busy Earnin') had a solo gig literally 10 minutes away f

• Aww :'(

This is completely off-topic, but I just found out Jungle (the amazing folks behind Busy Earnin') had a solo gig literally 10 minutes away f

• Jeesh, I can't wait for Doki Doki! Hyperion High to come out next month, I heard it was a thousand times better than Hatoful Boyfriend.

Sadly that's not true and everyday I can not romance every character in Tales. I might try doing TftBL based valentine cards, that'd be interesting. Feel more than free to join in on that.

• Me : Telltale -- start game release sequence.

TT : Directive one: Hint at Episode 2 release being "soon"! Directive two: Show off new screenshots! Directive three: DANCE!!!

Me : No no no no! Cancel directive three!

TT : Commencing directive three! Uhntssuhntssuhntss--
    Alt text

• Lol I like this one!

Clapstock posted: »

Me : Telltale -- start game release sequence. TT : Directive one: Hint at Episode 2 release being "soon"! Directive two: Show off new sc

Sign in to comment in this discussion.