Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• New York has a lot of specialized high schools, especially art type schools.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

Oh, okay. That makes much more sense then. I couldn't figure out why this "normal" high school was putting so much emphasis on photography

• I played the demo and its was pretty good. Although a story based on a hs girl does not really interest me much. I may jump on it for the hell of it if not just for a comparison between it and ttg.

(im also currently working on templates so itll look more profressional)

I'll help if I can.

• Wait, who was Finn? I wonder if I missed that....

#TeamSarah posted: »

i liked Finn for some reason, i dunno he seemed really nice.

• edited February 2015

I rarely agree with review scores, so the IGN one is no surprise. I'd be glad if scores went away really as they're usually inconsistent and badly managed even from writer to writer within the same company.

"Awful writing" for example is harsh in my opinion. It's definitely got some awkward dialogue and the running plot could of done with some work, but Mitch Dyer is certainly being hyperbolic there. This is an example of why a review score is broken. How can a story driven game get a 6 when it's apparently badly written?

• edited February 2015

6.5 is a fair review for the episode for me honestly, the writing in episode 1 wasnt great. I hope episodes 2 -5 become a bit more interesting and they begin to nail the teenage dialogue a bit better

i read the review and the guy and me have literally the same opinion of the game, there is potential but the game just doesn't succeed (which to be honest is what most young adult pieces end up like)

Green613 posted: »

This is exactly why I never trust any of IGN's reviews. They're so absolutely awful.

• I vote for Chloe, but she's not on there :/

I made a poll c: Favourite side character so far

• She's more of a main character/deuteragonist.

MosesARose posted: »

I vote for Chloe, but she's not on there

• edited February 2015

So just curious how long did it take you guys to beat the first episode?

According to my in game statistics it took me about 4-5 hours to complete the episode.(no idea how lol I guess it's because I messed around looking at every little thing and took my time)

• I just read his review and I have to say I agree with most of his points also. Especially when he touches on Dontnod sets up great story but Max's interactions with the steriotypical characters in between really draws it back, especially when it came to their dialogue... gag me with a spoon.

6.5 is a fair review for the episode for me honestly, the writing in episode 1 wasnt great. I hope episodes 2 -5 become a bit more interesti

• edited February 2015

Man, the game was boring though. And so many things were cringe worthy, there is definitely an interesting ideal here but too many dumb tropes...

The protagonist is a girl that isn't like "other girls" and "has a gift" without making me feel like she has any discernible personality to separate herself from anyone else.

The way the power is introduced is pretty ridiculous. So some bitch (who is later revealed to be the most interesting character) gets shot in a bathroom? What?

Too much angst to fit in an entire anime show.

If there's one cool thing about the game its the protagonist's friend. Chloe looks and seems much more interesting than... what's her name?

Alt text

• sometimes ign is stupid :/ it was a great game

Ign gave the first episode a 6.5....what idiots lol I know remember why i never listen to there reviews. Mitch Dyer is a terrible reviewer,

• edited February 2015

I take it you didn't examine things around the world and her room then? As Max clearly had a personality to me. The way the power was introduced was a bit weird, but I suspect it was pushed that way due to them not wanting it bogging down the overarching plot.

Man, the game was boring though. And so many things were cringe worthy, there is definitely an interesting ideal here but too many dumb trop

• This doesn't make any sense, it looks like their positive points are counter productive of their negative points.

Green613 posted: »

This is exactly why I never trust any of IGN's reviews. They're so absolutely awful.

• Around 3 hours. I tried to look at everything I could, multiple times, just to get everything out of the story (it's what I do even in Telltale games). Surprisingly I missed most of the photograph collectables, but luckily there is a mode for that.

So just curious how long did it take you guys to beat the first episode? According to my in game statistics it took me about 4-5 hours to

• IKR, I usually try to look everywhere, click on everything and such. But somehow I only collected 2 photos. Derp.

DoubleJump posted: »

Around 3 hours. I tried to look at everything I could, multiple times, just to get everything out of the story (it's what I do even in Telltale games). Surprisingly I missed most of the photograph collectables, but luckily there is a mode for that.

• In this situation it's incorrect, isn't it?

Alt text

Why is "worse" incorrect?

• I don't believe so. It had awful writing and even worse acting.

TheCatWolf posted: »

In this situation it's incorrect, isn't it?

• It took me roughly three hours to finish the game and see most everything it has to offer.

So just curious how long did it take you guys to beat the first episode? According to my in game statistics it took me about 4-5 hours to

• I remember the segment where you have to find "tiny tools" and searching every nook and cranny for the dumb thing and spending over an hour walking around bumping into walls for any indication of interaction.

Other than that, I looked a bit here and there. But the game isn't clear on what is progress interact able and what isn't.

Revec posted: »

I take it you didn't examine things around the world and her room then? As Max clearly had a personality to me. The way the power was introd

• It doesn't say even worse acting... But I don't know, it's not my native language anyway.

I don't believe so. It had awful writing and even worse acting.

• I so disagree, there was never a time was bored in the game.

Man, the game was boring though. And so many things were cringe worthy, there is definitely an interesting ideal here but too many dumb trop

• About 3 hours. I explored a lot at first but got a bit bored so just continued with the main story.

• 2.5 - 3 hours for me.

• edited February 2015

Life is Strange wikia chat! Click it! c:

(Also i need some help right now. that would be greatly appreciated.. im the only one working on the whole wikia)

• I think it dragged on a bit at some parts too but overall it flowed pretty nice.

• Because thats nots Maxs personality, shes pretty shy... not someone who would step over people.

See, I thought the exact opposite. Like being stuck because three stuck-up bitches won't move, so turn on the sprinklers and loosen the buck

• See, I thought the exact opposite. Like being stuck because three stuck-up bitches won't move, so turn on the sprinklers and loosen the bucket handle... How come I can't step over them? There was a huge gap, I don't know... The flow was just bad most times.

I think it dragged on a bit at some parts too but overall it flowed pretty nice.

• They probably would've pushed you or something if you tried.

See, I thought the exact opposite. Like being stuck because three stuck-up bitches won't move, so turn on the sprinklers and loosen the buck

• Exactly.

so Max wouldn't do that

• so Max wouldn't do that

They probably would've pushed you or something if you tried.

• Yeah...you've missed a huge chunk of the game I think. This isn't exactly Telltale where things are put all in cutscenes. There's a lot more freedom to explore and find things about your character and the characters around the story duting the gameplay.

"Bumping into walls"? Can't say I ever had any issue with the UI. It jumps up as you get close to objects you can interact with.

I remember the segment where you have to find "tiny tools" and searching every nook and cranny for the dumb thing and spending over an hour

• That would be really helpful

Mat_Den96 posted: »

Maybe I'll add screenshots or video in short time.

• edited February 2015

Sorry you're not getting much of a counter-argument, there.

Other things worth mentioning is that when Max takes a photo with her vintage camera, she doesn't need to flap the picture back and forth to help along the image. It's totally unnecessary, and you'd think a game that drops so many names and themes about photographers would get that right.

You might also include the "I'm good to flow" comment, the response to being vaccinated, and then the cause of the tornado being climate change. If dontnod is going for a typical teenager, I guess they nailed it, but in my opinion that's still pretty bad if they're just trying to make a character relatable. These developers seem to be having a hard time with tact and tone especially.

No people dont act like that * Max maybe, though she seems to be overly sarcastic and with the teacher crush etc just been given things

• Time to wait for march!

• ikr the preview for the next episode has me on edge...

noblue22 posted: »

Time to wait for march!

• Well, it seems I'm obviously the minority here.

Either way, like a chode, I bought the season pass before playing the first episdoe. So like it or not, I'm kinda locked in to it now, I just hope the story picks up. Cause I was kneeing myself to stay awake.

Revec posted: »

Yeah...you've missed a huge chunk of the game I think. This isn't exactly Telltale where things are put all in cutscenes. There's a lot more

• So it looks like we will be finding out the exact nature of Chloe and Rachel's relationship sometime in the coming episodes:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/562783162510897153

Also anybody else notice the game is starting to get really popular? :D as much as I hate pewdiepie I'm Still Glad He Played It Because It Spreads The Word.

• This really is one of the most interesting games I've played in a while. It feels just like a TV teen drama (in a good way). I think my favourite moment was actually the montage at the end.

Episodic games- Telltale has unleashed a monster; Life is Strange and 1979 Revolution are 2 games I'm really looking forward to this year.

• Took me about 4 hours.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.