Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• I initially thought the ability to rewind time and view all choices would be an awful idea but actually I found the decisions to be so multi-layered, not just a case of right and wrong that it made the decision making process much deeper. Loved episode one, and even though I had the decision to rewind my decisions I already regret a couple.

Jeeny_Frank posted: »

Finished playing the game last night and it was so GOOD i loved the story and the characters too and the fact that you can reverse time to change a decision you didn't like is amazing and i just can't wait for episode 2!!

• Got to admit Chloe looks way better in this pic than the game. I guess her face seems more cuter... I think.

OzzyUK posted: »

I think some of you might like this. The Life is Strange twitter account tweeted some nice looking concept art of Max and Chloe. https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/566628053850140672

• Just finished ep1, I can confirm that this game is awesome! Loved, Max character, really felt for a lot of people in this game, they really captured the school drama and made in interesting with all the nice mysteries.

• sure, inspired... is rip off but Jay is main protagonist or...
    wait I stop from joking but there is actually a connection there, vague but it is.

Mat_Den96 posted: »

For those who are interested, here are RayWilliamJohnson's webisode; Riley Rewind. Either Life is Strange is inspired by this or it was just a coincidence. 1 2 3 4 5

• edited February 2015

@Tobi you are GENIUS, you and Samuel, and the spirit deer o man you are good.

Alt text
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=392996314
    'Tobanga' if I am not wrong some indian totem

Alt text
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=393031909
    'The wind' you tell me.
    edited: or I tell you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ-9LAJrq_Y

Alt text
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=393122535
    It refer to Arcadia Bay

REFER TO HAIL THE ILLUMINATUS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jwWGRbVabU

The nature of Max's of power has peaked my interest and I decided to go do some investigating, even with little possible findings. But I thi

• Brief Introduction

For:

Life is Strange is a masterpiece, the atmosphere is amazing, artstyle quite nice, the soundtrack is beautiful, the characters are very believable and is a five-part episodic game that aims to revolutionize the story which will be based on the choices you make with consequences, gives you likely to affect the past, present and future .. Life is short Strange is a wonderful story, the main protagonist Max is 18 years old and is a student discovers that he can turn back time after saving his childhood best friend Chloe.

Against:

The story is intriguing but too much unnecessary drama.

Note:
    Square Enix & 'Life is Strange' may have greater potential than Telltale Games.

Personal Rating:

Story: 8.0 / 10.0

Gameplay: 9.0 / 10.0

Graphics: 9.0 / 10.0

Music: 10.0 / 10.0

Personally Like: 9.5 / 10.0

• Yes, that's the one I'm talking about.

But maybe the story won't go that way and Max's rewinding doesn't have consequences.

Mat_Den96 posted: »

RWJ's Webisode, you mean Riley Rewind? You know what I think? Life is Strange is either inspired by this webisode or just a coincidence. REWIND TIME

• I think it'd be interesting if David turned to actually be the good guy. Maybe he's investigating Rachel's disappearance when the local police won't. I reckon Rachel is involved with time traveling as well.

• So I just finished playing it and...it was okay. I don't see what the big deal is. Most of the choices you make seem pointless, the writing and voice acting are very hit or miss, and I didn't give a damn about the characters. Its awkward handling of narrative design and use of the rewind mechanic robs those choices of their poignancy and reduces them to simple mechanics.

• edited February 2015

"Note: Square Enix & 'Life is Strange' may have greater potential than Telltale Games."

Alt text

ualexen92 posted: »

Brief Introduction   For: Life is Strange is a masterpiece, the atmosphere is amazing, artstyle quite nice, the soundtrack is beaut

• It's not a square enix game though, they only published it. It's a DONTNOD game.

Brief Introduction   For: Life is Strange is a masterpiece, the atmosphere is amazing, artstyle quite nice, the soundtrack is beaut

• edited February 2015

i think so, because if you looked at his files, he wrote on Kate Marsh's photo, "She Knows Something!" @4:38

Click here

And if you watch this video at 3:26, he warns Chloe to stay away from the place near the garbage dump.

ClemRanger posted: »

I think it'd be interesting if David turned to actually be the good guy. Maybe he's investigating Rachel's disappearance when the local police won't. I reckon Rachel is involved with time traveling as well.

• Hey, I'm really excited about this game so I was asking myself if it was well received by the players and I saw that for the moment the game is ranked 5th in the steam Top Games Under $5 against games sold at like -75% and it has already received over 5600 positive review against 175 negative review.

I guess all the people hating on the game before it was released changed their opinion after seeing episode 1

• edited February 2015

And if you watch this guy's/girl's part 4 walkthrough, you can notice Max deducing that Chloe's step dad might not be a douche after all.plus, he's a war veteran. maybe he was hired to investigate the Rachel disappearance and maybe the Prescotts have something to do with it. Either the Prescotts or the Vortex Club. Just a hunch though.

Click here

Anonymer posted: »

i think so, because if you looked at his files, he wrote on Kate Marsh's photo, "She Knows Something!" @4:38 Click here And if you watch this video at 3:26, he warns Chloe to stay away from the place near the garbage dump.

• edited February 2015

I guess all the people hating on the game before it was released changed their opinion after seeing episode 1

As is often the case, like for example what happened before Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones came out. Some people bashed those but changed their minds when they played the first episodes.

Weegee posted: »

Hey, I'm really excited about this game so I was asking myself if it was well received by the players and I saw that for the moment the game

• Shit's gonna go down.

• http://www.dont-nod.com/
    Je suis désolé je ai fait une erreur.
    Remember Me
    I mean I will Remember It

It's not a square enix game though, they only published it. It's a DONTNOD game.

• edited February 2015

To be fair, regarding choice it's already doing better than Telltale, and choice is what Telltale prides themselves upon.

snyderman posted: »

"Note: Square Enix & 'Life is Strange' may have greater potential than Telltale Games."

• edited February 2015

The point of the rewind mechanic is that you can only see short-term, not long-term, effects of actions.

We'll have to wait until future episodes to judge how poignant they may be. Regardless, we already have more consequence than Telltale gives.

So I just finished playing it and...it was okay. I don't see what the big deal is. Most of the choices you make seem pointless, the writing

• Really?I've yet to see anything matter at all so far. I have hopes it will but we'll have to wait and see

Flog61 posted: »

To be fair, regarding choice it's already doing better than Telltale, and choice is what Telltale prides themselves upon.

• Concept art usually does look better.

DoubleJump posted: »

Got to admit Chloe looks way better in this pic than the game. I guess her face seems more cuter... I think.

• They do have more potential. At least DONTNOD isn't relying on pre established universes.

• We haven't seen major outcomes yet, but little things like the optional sketch of you being posted on facebook, whether the picture of you is posted etc.

It's pretty neat, and more than telltale does really. It's more seamless.

Really?I've yet to see anything matter at all so far. I have hopes it will but we'll have to wait and see

• Nah..Telltale has nothing to worry about .

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited February 2015

Double post

• Alt text

They do have more potential. At least DONTNOD isn't relying on pre established universes.

• edited February 2015

Episode 2 is not that much "glitchy" or "buggy", the rate of getting one is very slim.

Episode 3 & 4 is actually playable as well, but only a small part and are extremely buggy and glitchy.

The events in Episode 5 got leaked.

• edited February 2015

How do you know all this?
    P.S. I really hope you're joking...

Episode 2 is not that much "glitchy" or "buggy", the rate of getting one is very slim. Episode 3 & 4 is actually playable as well, but only a small part and are extremely buggy and glitchy. The events in Episode 5 got leaked.

• Nah, no. Not joking.

How do you know all this? P.S. I really hope you're joking...

• edited February 2015

That's.... pretty bad. To have all of the game leaked so easily and so soon. This will hurt the sales and story. Dontnod should've done something by keeping the other episodes out of the files to prevent leaks.

Episode 2 is not that much "glitchy" or "buggy", the rate of getting one is very slim. Episode 3 & 4 is actually playable as well, but only a small part and are extremely buggy and glitchy. The events in Episode 5 got leaked.

• Exactly.

I got badly spoiled about Episode 2 and 5. (shudders)

That's.... pretty bad. To have all of the game leaked so easily and so soon. This will hurt the sales and story. Dontnod should've done something by keeping the other episodes out of the files to prevent leaks.

• edited February 2015

[removed]

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I would just like to remind everyone not to discuss details about the leaked episodes as even small hints could spoil things for people, if you do want to talk about spoilers with someone please only do it via PM.

• I'm so sorry, it will never happen again.

OzzyUK posted: »

I would just like to remind everyone not to discuss details about the leaked episodes as even small hints could spoil things for people, if you do want to talk about spoilers with someone please only do it via PM.

• http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/06/telling-tales-game-of-thrones-vs-life-is-strange/

'Life Is Strange’s writing is dire. Not only is every plot point laboured and hammered into the player’s head, the dialogue is just appalling.'

Game of Thrones and Life is Strange are wonderful

'Game of Thrones is superbly written' still confusing, for me at least, I didn't watch serial or read

Life is Strange 'Moving around and interacting with objects is just so much smoother and more comfortable than in Telltale’s somewhat janky point and click interface' that is TRUE

• edited February 2015

Not sure if this really counts as a spoiler, since it doesn't reveal much, but I was snooping around in the Engine.ini, trying to see if there was anything that I could do to improve the shadow resolution, since other UE3 games allow you to improve the graphics by messing around with the .ini file (like Spec Ops: The Line and the Bioshock games) and I found command lines(?) for a character named Frank, who I'm assuming is the owner of the RV and the dog, who showed up at the end of the first episode, considering the name was followed by the game's main NPCs and because there is one spot left in Max's journal for a male character (there is also one spot for a female character and I'm pretty sure it must be for Chloe's mom, Joyce, who is there along with the other characters that showed up in the final scene).

There is a command line for what appears to be Rachel's model. Of course, this doesn't confirm that she's alive, for all I know it could be for Rachel's decaying corpse. I don't know, I can't really mess around with a games files.

Also, don't bother with any of the system settings in the .ini, they don't do shit. And don't turn on max quality mode, since it seems to be the reason why Max's body, in my game. lost its textures and became completely black

• Well you could update me miss, I don't mind if you PM with the spoilers, I promise that I won't spoil anyone unless he or she PMs me asking for the spoilers. It's just that I can be a really impatient bastard, I don't know why though, since I can wait for 9+ years for FF XV or several years for Twin Peaks season 3 (which is finally coming out next year, thank you based Lynch, Frost and Showtime), but with other things, I'm an impatient sack of shit.

Then you are not udpated.

• And unlike with Telltale games we already know when to wait for some news (around a month from now). Telltale just keeps us in the dark. It's a vital aspect for these episodic games.

They do have more potential. At least DONTNOD isn't relying on pre established universes.

• edited February 2015

Here's something for all of you to feast your eyes on, instead of seeing comments about the supposed leaked episodes.

Alt text

This adorable picture has been made by KR0NPR1NZ on Deviantart.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.