Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited February 2015

But there is, isn't there? It's genetic, like being black. (Never been to keen on Harry Porker, so don't quote me.) Muggles don't have magic, and kids who are born of two muggle parents do not have magic, or from what little knowledge I have to go on that is my inference.

PS. Where is that ticking noise coming from?

Flog61 posted: »

Not really? If magic is illogical then it by definition of logic does not require an explanation at all. There's no explanation as to why people have magic in Harry Potter for example. They just do.

• Soooooo..... all of the food, weapons, explosives, alarms, and zombie repellent I have saved up...... useless?

Well there's 150,000 I'll never get back :/

/2 WTS [Zombie Repellent]

• true. and she said she didn't take the gun from her stepdad, who was trying to protect her. maybe Pete was the guy with the dog.

"That was hella awesome max shake your white girl ass while I dance to rebel music and smoke weed cause I'm a hella rebel aint rich people a

• edited February 2015

The words like hella etc are all to make it highschool drama. Highschool drama is based around stereotypes and exaggerations, then tearing them down as the story progresses.

Shock, Kate isn't going to be a completely innocent christian chaste girl who'd never harm a fly. Shock, Victoria isn't actually evil. Shock, the step-dad will probably be onto something important.

Highschools dramas provide us with exaggerated stereotypes to trick us into making assumptions which it will in turn tear down, henceforth lots of engagement between the story and its audience.

Chloe isn't going to actually be some punk girl, she'll be fucking weak inside and surrounding herself with language to pretend she isn't'

That's a trope, yeah, but tropes are better than stereotypes, and they dont completely destroy characters like you imply.

"That was hella awesome max shake your white girl ass while I dance to rebel music and smoke weed cause I'm a hella rebel aint rich people a

• edited February 2015

No, it's not genetic. People with no magical parents can be witches and wizards.

Genes make it more likely, but it's not completely gene based, like skin colour.

Hermione has muggle parents but is an excellent witch.

Viva-La-Lee posted: »

But there is, isn't there? It's genetic, like being black. (Never been to keen on Harry Porker, so don't quote me.) Muggles don't have magic

• and kids who are born of two muggle parents do not have magic

Is that true? I've been rusty on Harry Potter for a while now, but IIRC Hermione's parents were both muggles, yet she had magic.

But there is, isn't there? It's genetic, like being black. (Never been to keen on Harry Porker, so don't quote me.) Muggles don't have magic

• edited February 2015

So then it's still probably gene based.

Now the account in the aforementioned site may not be true, but the science behind it is undeniable. As your chances of being born with magic go up from having more "magic hereditary traits" (IE, two magic parents = 75-99/100, one magic parent = 26-74, neither parents magic = 1-25 percents respectively) then this is the most plausible explanation. Leaving the answer to how the magic is aquired ambiguous or at least not slapped across the face with it is one thing (absolutely nothing wrong with subtelty), to provide no basis at all is in poor taste (imo).

No, it's not genetic. People with no magical parents can be witches and wizards. Genes make it more likely, but it's not completely gene based, like skin colour. Hermione has muggle parents but is an excellent witch.

• She must have been. I don't recall one way or the other, but both you and Flog (whom both undoubtedly have more knowledge about the subject than I) say the same thing. In any case I took that into account in my rebuttal :p

Green613 posted: »

and kids who are born of two muggle parents do not have magic Is that true? I've been rusty on Harry Potter for a while now, but IIRC Hermione's parents were both muggles, yet she had magic.

• Are...Are we seriously arguing about this? XD

No, it's not genetic. People with no magical parents can be witches and wizards. Genes make it more likely, but it's not completely gene based, like skin colour. Hermione has muggle parents but is an excellent witch.

• That doesn't mean much really. That could be just a rumour she is spreading. But, who knows...

TheCatWolf posted: »

A girl (don't remember her name) said that Rachel absolutely had sex with him. It could be something. :P

• That's a trope, yeah, but tropes are better than stereotypes, and they dont completely destroy characters like you imply.

.....Did you of all people say that?

Also i hate her because shes annoying and the trope she is; not just because shes a trope, she may improve and the theme maybe dont judge a book or whatever but in episode 1 shes annoying and we see more of her personality than the others.

The words like hella etc are all to make it highschool drama. Highschool drama is based around stereotypes and exaggerations, then tearing t

• Yes, I believe the comment is under my name.

All your stuff about complaining of the word hella is definitely trope stuff, you're saying its cringey etc.

That's a trope, yeah, but tropes are better than stereotypes, and they dont completely destroy characters like you imply. .....Did y

• Firstly, muggle borns/squibs (the opposite of a muggle born) are fairly common. Far more so than black children born to white parents or vice versa.

Also the point is moot: even if it is genetic, that's not an explanation as to where magic came from. It still just 'happened', it just 'happened' in the past. Who knows, maybe Max's child one day will also have her power. That doesn't mean we have an explanation.

So then it's still probably gene based. https://abagond.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/sandra-laing-a-black-girl-born-to-white-parents/

• Its just your always complaining about trope stuff, game of thrones heck even on that other life is strange thread about magic needing an explanation.

The fact the characters are all tropes is something I hope they address but I dislike chole particularly based on personality and behaviour not that shes a trope pretty much every character is some form of trope and I'm okay with that there has to be a base for any character.

Yes, I believe the comment is under my name. All your stuff about complaining of the word hella is definitely trope stuff, you're saying its cringey etc.

• edited February 2015

Genetics is still the most likely answer, obviously the comparison between pigmentation and the aquisition of magic powers will only have so many likenesses, but just because your more likely to have magic from two nonmagic parents and less likely to be white from two black parents hardly negates the fact that you're chances of being magic are predicated on the parental situation you're in.

The point isn't moot. Say for instance we learn that Max's grandmother, and her grandmother's grandmother, and her grandmother's grandmother's grandmother all had the ability to turn back time. We may not know how the magic came about, but we know how Max got her powers. It's obvious that every daughter's daughter has the power (now having two daughters or whatnot may throw a bit of a wrench in the system, but that's off topic). So that would be an explanation as to how she got her powers, not how the first person got their powers, otherwise you're getting into "in the beginning" circumstances, even in the case of the native American trope you so despise you could apply your logic in the same sense. The power comes from the native Americans, but where did they get the super natural ability to give it to her in the end? Did they ask it of a god? Does this god have ability over time? Why doesn't the god do it himself? Was it an evolutionary trait and max is part native american? An explanation doesn't need to explain origin, taking evolution for instance. The point of evolution isn't to explain where the path started, but what the path was and how it led to us.

Firstly, muggle borns/squibs (the opposite of a muggle born) are fairly common. Far more so than black children born to white parents or vic

• Yeah, why not? :p

Are...Are we seriously arguing about this? XD

• edited February 2015

I had been monitoring this game for quite a while, but a few days ago I finally got around to playing the first episode. I must say, I loved everything about it. Relaxed gameplay, interesting and unusual game mechanics, emotional story, finally naturalistic characters, soulful soundtrack, sentimentality - this is something I've been missing for so damn long.

A truly wonderful piece of work. Can't wait for Episode 2!

• That definition is extremely outdated and still offensive, though, as it nearly always means sexual assault.

Better to avoid it when there are perfectly serviceable alternatives.

Exactly, lots of older stuff is like that, so clearly we don't need an explanation. That's what I'm saying.

Lots of older stuff is like that and then theres Tolkien and harry potter... The people the land and the culture WERE all raped Rape (among other things) is the wonton destruction or spoiling of a place

• Not sure if that can be connected to your theory, but if you choose to look at the butterfly in the restroom Max will say "I haven't seen a butterfly like this before. The blue wings are practically glowing... I can almost feel the air moving around me... The butterfly feels almost like a spirit...

I dont think that its a coincidence that the butterfly at the beginning is the exact samt colour as chloes hair either. in alot of cultures

• edited February 2015

Max is actually a boy because her last name is Caulfield like Holden Caulfield from Catcher in Rye.

Max Caulfield = Holden Caulfield.

#Confirmed

• edited February 2015

Frankly, she happens to be my favourite, too. I totally loved her character pretty much as soon as the game provided me an opportunity to interact with her, here's why:

1. I feel bad for her. In regards to your remark about Chloe being all rebellious and impudent, it is in fact not so hard to give her a break and even empathize with her, if you look at it from another aspect. I can tell her life wasn't an easy one, and she's obviously been going through some shit. I mean, first her kitty dies, then her closest friend suddenly cuts all ties and leaves the town, then, in addition to her misery, she loses her dad whom she was really close with, her mom starts taking pills and brings home some man Chloe doesn't even know, who later turned out to be a douchebag. And after that, the only person, that could ease her pain, her new best friend, goes missing. I'd say it's perfectly understandable that she eventually snapped.

2. She has a great personality. I'm very happy that Chloe, as it seems, is going to be the person we'll be interacting with the most throughout the game. I consider that whole concept of a bad girl going through inner suffering, who is also likely to be vulnerable deep inside, to be very interesting and rich for potential of development. I'd most definitely want to see how her character will unfold as the story continues.

3. She's fucking hot. As I myself am somewhat of a socially awkward fella, I have a thing for punk girls who are tough and don't take shit from anybody. Call it "oppositive attraction", I guess.

Anyways, hope that answered your question. :P

• edited February 2015

That actually sounds like an excellent theory to me.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Judging by the teaser trailer for Episode 2, I predict that Max will have to deal with Chloe dying per episode, with each death getting more

• When in March do you guys think Ep2 will be released?

• March 15th-16th.

When in March do you guys think Ep2 will be released?

• Hey guys! I decided to snoop around the files for the 3D models and stuff.

And here I present to you a render of Max's model. (I cannot find the eye textures. Yes, the eye textures are isolated from the model in question.)

Alt text

• edited February 2015

Some modder exported the model and convert it into GTA IV model already.

http://www.gta4-mods.com/player/max-from-life-is-strange-f31500

Hey guys! I decided to snoop around the files for the 3D models and stuff. And here I present to you a render of Max's model. (I cannot find the eye textures. Yes, the eye textures are isolated from the model in question.)

• Hey Zorkij! Haven't talked to you in awhile.

TheZorkij posted: »

I had been monitoring this game for quite a while, but a few days ago I finally got around to playing the first episode. I must say, I loved

• First or 2nd Tuesday in March.

• One of the devs confirmed it to be the mid of March.

• edited February 2015

All the models are exported already (already in DeviantArt).

Plus, some also exported the models from Episode 2 and... 3?

Mat_Den96 posted: »

Some modder exported the model and convert it into GTA IV model already. http://www.gta4-mods.com/player/max-from-life-is-strange-f31500

• I think that the more Max rewinds time, the more destructive the consequences will be.

I somehow predict that it will be like RayWilliamJohson's Web series of this girl who can rewind time as well, but her body will sorta be in pain as she does it more often.

• Oh hey man. Yeah, I haven't been hanging out here too often lately. The matter is that I'm enrolling at the university this year, so I'm working pretty hard right now, sort of.

Hey Zorkij! Haven't talked to you in awhile.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think some of you might like this.

The Life is Strange twitter account tweeted some nice looking concept art of Max and Chloe.

Alt text

• edited February 2015

She must have been taking some hella drugs to look like that.

Hey guys! I decided to snoop around the files for the 3D models and stuff. And here I present to you a render of Max's model. (I cannot find the eye textures. Yes, the eye textures are isolated from the model in question.)

• That is awesome

OzzyUK posted: »

I think some of you might like this. The Life is Strange twitter account tweeted some nice looking concept art of Max and Chloe. https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/566628053850140672

• RWJ's Webisode, you mean Riley Rewind? You know what I think? Life is Strange is either inspired by this webisode or just a coincidence.

REWIND TIME

I think that the more Max rewinds time, the more destructive the consequences will be. I somehow predict that it will be like RayWilliamJ

• For those who are interested, here are RayWilliamJohnson's webisode; Riley Rewind. Either Life is Strange is inspired by this or it was just a coincidence.

• Honestly,i couldnt get in this episode like I would in TWD,i dunno why :(

• All i can say Chaos Theory comes out 2015 April 27 maybe, if mid March is the release date of ep2, 6 weeks is the delay of episodes

• Posh boy does drugs is bully and attempts to cover them up? Nah.

Popular girl is a question mark, is actually clever instead of just superficial and flirty, and has a mysterious relationship with the girl who went missing?

Yes please.

Clemenem posted: »

I thought Nathan was more interesting

Sign in to comment in this discussion.