Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• edited February 2015

I wish people wouldn't even have mentioned episode 2 leak here. It has really brought the discussion here to a halt because people are afraid of getting spoiled and don't want to hear about episode 2 till it's released. (Myself included.)

• edited February 2015

I had the problem and my laptop is more than capable of running the game at the specs I set. It can run Dragon Age Inquisition at decent - high specs, afterall. From what I heard, it's basically a case of the game trying to play 'catchup' even though your computer is fine.

What I did to solve it was lower the AA and the resolution, I believe. Maybe other graphical settings too.

Essentially, what I'd recommend is using settings that are very low. Then gradually use higher settings until the audio starts repeating again. That'll tell you what to set things at. (Actually, it's probably easier if you work your way down from high settings)

But it's certainly annoying. A really odd bug where it's like the game's treating your computer as a toaster, despite it not being one. Would be nice if they fixed it.

That was the second thing I've tried. it didn't work but thanks for the advice.

• edited February 2015

I don't think you're the right either, it's probably obtained through reverse engeneering.

VectorXP posted: »

I'm too curious, but I will take the official episode 2 when it release, of course, I bought it. I think I have the right to it ._.

• Haha i think most people were more thankful for m departure than sad tbh.

I've got to disagree with you on this statement.

• Oh my god! Remember in episode 2 when the person did the thing? And then the time the thing happened? Oh and don't get me started on that one section when you were talking!

Shit.

I wish people wouldn't even have mentioned episode 2 leak here. It has really brought the discussion here to a halt because people are afraid of getting spoiled and don't want to hear about episode 2 till it's released. (Myself included.)

• Well I try using hexeditor but game won't buge at all

• I don't know how to use, and I already finished ep2 ;P

ualexen92 posted: »

Well I try using hexeditor but game won't buge at all

• same probleme here double audio

Rob_K posted: »

I had the problem and my laptop is more than capable of running the game at the specs I set. It can run Dragon Age Inquisition at decent - h

• Anybody who was impatient enough and already played epiosde 2 please for the sake of the majority not comment on this thread till its been properly released.

• I attach ida debuger to LifeIsStrange.exe but there are need some esential .upk file that I missing can you give me?

I don't know how to use, and I already finished ep2 ;P

• ok I will try that. what is the AA?

I had the problem and my laptop is more than capable of running the game at the specs I set. It can run Dragon Age Inquisition at decent - h

• ah so it is close then it was released early to some people?

Anybody who was impatient enough and already played epiosde 2 please for the sake of the majority not comment on this thread till its been properly released.

• No it was hacked and released early with a bunch of bugs and problems but still playable apparently.

ah so it is close then it was released early to some people?

• my laptop is pretty good condition. the tell-tale games I've tried work find this is the only point and click game that I had problems with audio.

dojo32161 posted: »

That kind of stuff happened to me on my old computer, especially with Telltale stuff, never found a solution, but I got a new computer so games now work for me.

• I was just about to check my settings for you, but it seems they've been reset with the recent patch on Steam, so that everything's on 'high'. It also seems to have fixed the problem, so it may be fixed for you.

However, if it doesn't fix it, try lowering both Anti-Aliasing options to their lowest. If that doesn't work, try lowering the resolution and other graphic options like the texture detail.

ok I will try that. what is the AA?

• Yes it happen pass that moment. my first play through I got to second moment when your in the bathroom: where you pull the fire alarm. I had to call it quits there it was very annoying. I deleted that save file. I have fiddle around the settings for the new safe file I made just going on the first 10 mins of episode but nothing has worked so far.

TheCatWolf posted: »

This happened to me only in the first 5 minutes I think, in the classroom. Have you seen if this still happens after this scene?

• If a game has lot of bugs or if it is that version of the game, in my opinion its not worth playing it. but I guess some people figure "I want to be the first person to get my hands on this game." Seriously games are more enjoyable when there are no problems halting the experience.

thanks for the reply

No it was hacked and released early with a bunch of bugs and problems but still playable apparently.

• Oh that is promising, I will check that now. will be back in 5mins

I was just about to check my settings for you, but it seems they've been reset with the recent patch on Steam, so that everything's on 'high

• .Upk? The file is that all? Can explain more?
    If I found, I upload for you.

ualexen92 posted: »

I attach ida debuger to LifeIsStrange.exe but there are need some esential .upk file that I missing can you give me?

• Nope the patch didn't do anything, and I turn the Anti-Aliasing of completely. and changed the resolution, still shutting in the audio.

I was just about to check my settings for you, but it seems they've been reset with the recent patch on Steam, so that everything's on 'high

• edited February 2015

My advice is flag any comments about episode 2. Until it is offically released to the public or unless it is info/ screenshots offically released by the developers or publishers.

Anybody who was impatient enough and already played epiosde 2 please for the sake of the majority not comment on this thread till its been properly released.

• Not sure what you can do then, as I imagine lowering other settings may not help, other than checking the steam technical forum for the game. :( Sorry I can't help more. My computer expertise basically extends to just installing stuff.

Nope the patch didn't do anything, and I turn the Anti-Aliasing of completely. and changed the resolution, still shutting in the audio.

• Were in the right to do so, as Ozzy (a mod) has asked for no leaked info. on any future episodes to appear on this forum.

My advice is flag any comments about episode 2. Until it is offically released to the public or unless it is info/ screenshots offically released by the developers or publishers.

• yeah lowing the graphics was the first thing I tried. whatever the problem is its not the graphics, I will turn of the audio for episode 1 and play it through to end if the problem is still there in the second episode then I m calling it quits. I have ask the team at their facebook no reply yet.

Not sure what you can do then, as I imagine lowering other settings may not help, other than checking the steam technical forum for the game. Sorry I can't help more. My computer expertise basically extends to just installing stuff.

• This is very good. Well done, Tobi. :)

The nature of Max's of power has peaked my interest and I decided to go do some investigating, even with little possible findings. But I thi

• God damn hackers.

No it was hacked and released early with a bunch of bugs and problems but still playable apparently.

• Sorry, is anxiety for episode 3 ._.

You're killing me, man. ._.

• So far, I feel that Life is Strange is underwhelming. The main problem is that the first episode finishes just as it starts getting interesting, and all it has to go on with the current plot are the following events:

• Max has an nightmare of a tornado attack while stranded by a lighthouse in class.
    • Max inexplicably gains the ability to go back in time after witnessing a girl's death, and was able to save her the next time she arrives in the same spot where the event happened.
    • The assailant, Nathan, is the son of the family who owns a portion of the school as well as half the town. He has a grudge against Chloe that has something to do with drugs and money.
    • After a series of tedious events and being ambushed by Nathan, Max is reunited with her old friend Chloe who also happens to be the very same girl who she saved earlier with her powers.
    • Rachel, one of the most popular students of the school has mysteriously vanished, which was revealed to have been advertised by Chloe.
    • After meeting up in Chloe's home they later meet up by the lighthouse to reminiscence, and Max is warned by the same vision she had earlier of a tornado that will strike their town for reasons unknown.
    • She then confides to Chloe of her time controlling powers and how she was able to save Chloe's life earlier.

...And that's it. For an introduction to the story, very little seems to be going on to make me invested into the story. The majority of the time you're getting to know the background characters, as well as a childhood friend/deuteragonist who you officially meet halfway in the episode. You're able to learn from their behaviour and background not only just by talking to them but by snooping through their belongings for more info on if you wish.

As for the story itself, very little seems to be going on. Other than preventing Chloe's death, literally nothing else exciting happens until you meet up with her again, and even then the entire event is one long exposition of Chloe's background and her problems with her step-dad who happens to be the same security guard from earlier, until the story decides to get the plot rolling via Max's vision of a tornado approaching their home. And then it abruptly ends.

This issue could have been easily fixed if the episode had more content with the story, and it's fine that the first episode's story is deliberately left underwhelming to provide more anticipation when the next episode arrives, but I feel that they made the current story too underdeveloped to the point where they fail to leave me invested as a result.

Keep in mind that I've only known about the game through video walkthrough, so there's a chance that I missed a few details here and there.

• It's episodic, 90 minutes every episode.

If you know that ( episodic game ) why are you complaining? That's just don't make sense, sorry.

RichWalk23 posted: »

So far, I feel that Life is Strange is underwhelming. The main problem is that the first episode finishes just as it starts getting interest

• edited February 2015

I kinda agree. The plot took way too long to get interesting, even for a first episode.

RichWalk23 posted: »

So far, I feel that Life is Strange is underwhelming. The main problem is that the first episode finishes just as it starts getting interest

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2015

I would like to ask everyone not to discuss details about what will happen in the leaked episode 2 story or about any other leaked story details in other episodes.

As the files comes from a unofficial source it could be classed as piracy and as the Forum Guidelines indicate talking about or admitting to piracy can lead to a ban.

2.4 Advocating software piracy on this forum, posting links to download sites or naming these sites for reference, admitting to piracy or threats/insinuations/announcements of such actions will all lead to an immediate ban. Community members are discouraged from discussing piracy even if they respond with counter-arguments to a piracy-advocating member.

Nobody will be punished for talking about the leak itself before this post but please don't talk about any spoilers until the episode has officially been released.

• edited February 2015

Wait how do you rate a partial game?
    would be like a movie critic rating an action movie before it got to the action
    this is the PILOT episode where they try to dump as much info (but not too much as to keep you thinking) so that you willl keep following this game and this pilot episode did its job also its the tutorial area to get ppl used to the game........to rate it is just wrong.

IGN gave it a bad rating most likely because telltale did not give them any money to rate it

IGN you get a 4 out of 10 for being a sellout rating site

Green613 posted: »

This is exactly why I never trust any of IGN's reviews. They're so absolutely awful.

• Even for a 90 minute episode, there needs to be substance in the game to keep the audience consistently interested, which I believe this episode failed to do for me.

And I don't believe that I'm complaining, just offering valid criticism.

It's episodic, 90 minutes every episode. If you know that ( episodic game ) why are you complaining? That's just don't make sense, sorry.

• Finished playing the game last night and it was so GOOD i loved the story and the characters too and the fact that you can reverse time to change a decision you didn't like is amazing and i just can't wait for episode 2!!

• Thread: What are your Life Is Strange Predictions?

Life Is Strange is an episodic interactive drama graphic adventure video game developed by Dontnod Entertainment, and published by Square Enix. The game's plot focuses on Maxine Caulfield, a photography student who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time at any moment, leading her every choice to enact the butterfly effect. The game will consist of five episodes. With six weeks between each episode, it released its first on 30 January 2015.

Alt text

• i only have 2 suspects on the disappearance of Rachel.

Alt text

Alt text

• edited February 2015

I think Victoria will disappear, like Rachel and the other people, halfway through. Maybe at the end of episode 3.

• this also happened to me, in the classroom. i'm suspecting the graphics. turning the quality lower lessened but not totally removed the audio repetition. has anyone also experienced the Scene where Max gets in Chloe's car and say's something about Warren as they ride away?

TheCatWolf posted: »

This happened to me only in the first 5 minutes I think, in the classroom. Have you seen if this still happens after this scene?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.