Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• edited February 2015

Alt text Just No!

FACE THE FACTS GUYS! ITS NEVER COMING OUT GUYS! NEVER!!!...never...

• Yep, I think it's almost a certainty that'll happen. People complaining about waiting for so long for whatever content the episode has.

I think, and this is said in general, that those reports of employees leaving Telltale, who I believe were on the Borderlands team, wouldn't have helped matters. I think I remember seeing some twitter posts about it in this thread or another. One or two top level people?

I don't think it will suck but don't expect 100% happy fan reaction like with Ep1. I'm just bracing myself for when the episode finally releases and there will be those people who are like "omg, we waited 3 months for this?!"

• Even bi-weekly updates would be good enough. Red Thread Games is currently releasing Dreamfall Chapters in the "Telltale Formula" (there will be also five episodes, even gameplay is similiar but there are serious hubs and no QTE) and they post pretty many updates. I think there were at least five since episode 1 in November (I know the waiting is longer but we, tlj fans, are much more patient than most people here). It doesn't have to be any big update. For example, Red Thread released a Christmas Card (which caused a lot of speculation), a beautiful Statistics of Choices, some characters bios etc.

Calheb posted: »

In all seriousness, how damn hard is it to inform people about progress? All they ever do is make us wait more than they promised, every onc

• I can't seem to shake the suspicion that I'll find some valuable news whenever I check this thread.

Instead, I'm just kind of overwhelmed by memes and gifs and shit. God have mercy.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Harrison Pink who was one of the designers left recently to join 2K, Jessica Brezzo who is one Telltale's lead animators also left recently but she was involved in Game of Thrones and i checked the credits for Tales from the Borderlands episode 1 and her name doesn't appear in the credits so i don't think her leaving would have a major effect on the next episode.

Rob_K posted: »

Yep, I think it's almost a certainty that'll happen. People complaining about waiting for so long for whatever content the episode has. I

• Guys, I think we are VERY close getting the Ep2. If you check out SteamDb, they've started to update the game very often, almost twice within 24 hours. I checked out how they updated GoT before it's release and the pattern is very similiar. I think it's not just coincidence. Now if the game got rated it would be somehwhat ready to launch, I think.

• Well I'm holding out for the possibility it'll come out Tuesday Feb24!

Guys, I think we are VERY close getting the Ep2. If you check out SteamDb, they've started to update the game very often, almost twice withi

• Alt text

My reaction if it comes out Tuesday

• Telltale customer service mantra.

Silence is a Valid Option

• So I'm guessing the reason for the delay of Episode 2 was that you had to fix GOT since episode 1 and 2 turned out to be broken. But that means the 6-8 week window you usually have is way of scheduled so should I assume that we will be getting Episode 2 of Borderlands around the same amount of days it took from the Day GOT was released until you submitted the patch?

OzzyUK posted: »

Harrison Pink who was one of the designers left recently to join 2K, Jessica Brezzo who is one Telltale's lead animators also left recently

• Thanks for the good news : ) We're almost there.

Guys, I think we are VERY close getting the Ep2. If you check out SteamDb, they've started to update the game very often, almost twice withi

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I don't work for Telltale, i am only a volunteer moderator so i don't know why it's taking slightly longer than normal. We (moderators) don't get told any information about how long it will take but hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer.

Bacbi posted: »

So I'm guessing the reason for the delay of Episode 2 was that you had to fix GOT since episode 1 and 2 turned out to be broken. But that me

• Harrison wasn't a lead designer then? I knew I'd seen the twitter posts linked on the forum, but just wasn't sure if it was 'top-level staff' that had left.

And yeah, if anything, Jessica's leaving would impact GoT, I imagine.

Harrison Pink who was one of the designers left recently to join 2K, Jessica Brezzo who is one Telltale's lead animators also left recently

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Harrison wasn't a lead designer then?

I thought he was unless that position got changed when he decided he wanted to leave, he appears in the credits under "Additional Design" along with Michael Stemmle.

Mark Darin and Steve McManus are credited as the designers.

Harrison wasn't a lead designer then? I knew I'd seen the twitter posts linked on the forum, but just wasn't sure if it was 'top-level staff' that had left. And yeah, if anything, Jessica's leaving would impact GoT, I imagine.

• Alt text

I am voting for weekly updates Sorry, you just got vetoed by Telltale. This isn't a democracy. :P

• edited February 2015

lol this came to mind :D

Alt text

Let's be honest most of us need this.

• edited February 2015

Sorry, wrong comment I replied to :/

Yep, I think it's almost a certainty that'll happen. People complaining about waiting for so long for whatever content the episode has. I

• The Episode isn't delayed.

Alt text

Bacbi posted: »

So I'm guessing the reason for the delay of Episode 2 was that you had to fix GOT since episode 1 and 2 turned out to be broken. But that me

• edited February 2015

I think it's safe to say, if he was indeed a lead, having a lead leave 'could' have impacted the game's development then. Fortunately, at least it wasn't the lead writer. So hopefully, much of what made the first episode good will have been preserved, as well as future plans not being scrapped in a story sense.

Harrison wasn't a lead designer then? I thought he was unless that position got changed when he decided he wanted to leave, he appea

• Ok, guys, let's face it, it ain't going to come out in February...

M3Hype

• February17th

• edited February 2015

Alt text

Just cause

Poogers555 posted: »

February17th

• Believe in M3

Crips posted: »

Ok, guys, let's face it, it ain't going to come out in February... M3Hype

• Believe

Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

February17th

• M17

no rating, no teasing, no nothing. M3 gets more unlikely every second, and even M10 is unlikely at this point

:P

• I believe in M3 Its more likely to release on that date.

• Just 4 to 6 more weeks..

• Ah yes, page 69, I've been expecting you.

• hahhahahahahh xDDD

Dapnee posted: »

Ah yes, page 69, I've been expecting you.

• Alt text

• Don;t worry guys! I just looked at the TT site and they said it will be done SOON!

• I thought about it too XD

• Don;t worry guys! I just looked at the TT site

Alt text

and they said it will be done SOON!

Alt text

Leluch123 posted: »

Don;t worry guys! I just looked at the TT site and they said it will be done SOON!

• I'm curious, how often do you guys check this forum looking for news? I check it like 4 times a day(I know, I have problems)

• .Youre not the only one.I check like 3 times an hour..

• edited February 2015

15 times a millisecond, for me...

• If its gonna be a 4 months gap like it was with TWAU then this thread will be going on till March 23 =O

No matter though, believe in March 3rd!!!

M3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.