Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - Release Dates "Starting March 17th", Official Trailer In Thread

Comments

• That Steam screen capture is good enough of a direct confirmation for a March 17th PC release, so I added that to the main post.

I know it's basically obvious what dates the episode will release on other platforms as well, but I am holding off on including that information until we get official, direct confirmation.

more sanic than you all haha

• edited March 2015

Do not be one of those people that complain about choices...please do not...

Maudeville posted: »

Sooooooo... We'll have to wait another four months for episode 3 and the choices still won't matter, right?

• edited March 2015

Alt textThe release date is here.

• These people will always be around.

• Doesn't say what it is, but a new cd key has been uploaded on the Steam Db:

https://steamdb.info/app/330830/subs/

• Genuinely interested in your point of view on the choices. I've never actually heard anyone argue the other side of the 'choices don't matter' argument, I thought it was a forgone conclusion that everyone understood the choices don't affect anything.

• The choices alter your experience, not the story. I don't know why people don't want to understand that.

A comment I read recently on here summed it up perfectly: It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

We all know the choices don't matter in the long run, but they make us feel as if they do. That's the true concept behind these games. The illusion of choice, which Telltale mastered in TWAU and TWD Season 1, and now in GoT and partially in TftB.

GoT does this especially well imo

Genuinely interested in your point of view on the choices. I've never actually heard anyone argue the other side of the 'choices don't matter' argument, I thought it was a forgone conclusion that everyone understood the choices don't affect anything.

• edited March 2015

Yeah I figure thats when the official release dates will be announced as well as anything new relating to Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, or Story Mode.

Hopefully Wolf DLC will be announced there too...

• Fite me IRL m8

Crips posted: »

Yesssssssssssss! #M17!!!! @Shubbalubbadingdong should cry in shame right now

• 1v1 me M8 IRL

Pipas posted: »

Rhys is being haunted by visions of a dead despot AND what Vaughn looks like without his shirt on. Lol. Also @Shubbalubbadingdong, pls. M17

• edited March 2015

Oh for sure. I'm sure other people will be harshly critizing the episode and saying it wasn't worth the wait, and this is coming from someone who personally isn't the biggest fan of this series.

DoubleJump posted: »

Calling it now, someone's gonna make a topic complaining how the episode is not worth the wait. And so it has been foretold.

• edited March 2015

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb.

Rob_K posted: »

Doesn't say what it is, but a new cd key has been uploaded on the Steam Db: https://steamdb.info/app/330830/subs/

• @Pipas @Crips

Fite me m8s. M24 wasn't an unrealistic possibility

• edited March 2015

Next tuesday 100% confirmed for PC?

Alt text

• Okay, I think I understand your point. I hadn't thought of it that way before.

That being said, I've played through every Telltale game multiple times purposefully choosing different options each time, and the experience was the same every time.

The choices alter your experience, not the story. I don't know why people don't want to understand that. A comment I read recently on her

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2015

He also did the song for the episode 1 accolades trailer

• Nice find!

Deltino posted: »

• To be fair, it's pretty important that they are. We always need people questioning how things are done.

These people will always be around.

• There's a point where it just get annoying Flog...

Flog61 posted: »

To be fair, it's pretty important that they are. We always need people questioning how things are done.

• And that point is long past by now.

There's a point where it just get annoying Flog...

• Courtesy of Deltino who found the song on SoundCloud, I have added a link to the song used in the trailer to the main post.

• That cause you've broken the illusion, so to speak. Pretend as if your choices matter. Play under such an illusion. That's the "experience" these jokers are talking about.

Okay, I think I understand your point. I hadn't thought of it that way before. That being said, I've played through every Telltale game multiple times purposefully choosing different options each time, and the experience was the same every time.

• [removed]

Sooooooo... We'll have to wait another four months for episode 3 and the choices still won't matter, right?

• But M17 has been confirmed m80...

@Pipas @Crips Fite me m8s. M24 wasn't an unrealistic possibility

• GUYS, THAT LAST ACHIEVEMENT - WHAT THE FRICKIN' FRICK?!!

Alt text

• edited March 2015

GUYS, THAT LAST ACHIEVEMENT - WHAT THE FRICKIN' FRICK?!!

Alt text

Alt text

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited March 2015

Those are the Steam achievements as my steam now has 7 new locked ones.

Alt text

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/330830/achievements/

• I was talking about the last ones name xD

OzzyUK posted: »

Those are the Steam achievements as my steam now has 7 new locked ones. http://steamcommunity.com/stats/330830/achievements/

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Woops lol, i only recently woke up and didn't read it properly :P

I was talking about the last ones name xD

• So, apparently by the end of ep 2 we're going to be parents? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!

My only theory is that we're going to maybe find Jack a body, and maybe (a'la Felicity and a'la the TPS Nakayama AI sidemission) it's going to be a robot? Maybe a baby robot (like the Gortys one)?

Actually, that could just be stemming from my headcanon that the way they keep Jack in BL3 without him being the main villain is by putting him inside a CL4P-TP (IT WOULD BE A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH - and super ironic, given his hatred of them)...

• Ahahaha, subtle.

Alt text

Crips posted: »

Someone with a Fiona avatar, to be exact? You know who you are.

• Pfff ahaha what the f*ck. xD
    No but seriously.

• Hot damn, that is some fabulous tunage.

Alt text

Deltino posted: »

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The achievement on Steam is called "Miracle of Atlas Engineering" so it might be something to do with Atlas technology.

Alt text

So, apparently by the end of ep 2 we're going to be parents? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!! My only theory is that we're going to maybe find Jack a

• Oooh, like the 'miracle of birth'?

Maybe Atlas was creating clones or something?

• edited March 2015

Why are you even on the forums if you think these games are so bad? :P

himmatsj posted: »

That cause you've broken the illusion, so to speak. Pretend as if your choices matter. Play under such an illusion. That's the "experience" these jokers are talking about.

• Don't worry, Jack, it won't hurt! I promise!

"LET ME OUT OF HERE, YOU MORONS!"

Hey, it's HAL-TP's body! You liked him!

"YOU'RE NOT EVEN A QUALIFIED LAWMAN!"

Uh, I worked with Nisha before she took over Lynchwood, and she got me a license.

"DOESN'T COUNT!"

Eh.

So, apparently by the end of ep 2 we're going to be parents? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!! My only theory is that we're going to maybe find Jack a

• Atlas engineering + babies = that round robot maybe? Like it imprinting on Rhys as a father (watch out, Loaderbot might get jealous).

Oooh, like the 'miracle of birth'? Maybe Atlas was creating clones or something?

• Yeah same here, I just checked mine.

OzzyUK posted: »

Those are the Steam achievements as my steam now has 7 new locked ones. http://steamcommunity.com/stats/330830/achievements/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.