Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• I like minecraft as a creation game and to relax a bit, its not really something I associate with story or action

#TeamSarah posted: »

Just found out about this a week ago... My girlfriend tried to introduce me to Minecraft last and from somebody who loves world builders

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ah, angry nostalgia.

Healoz posted: »

Bleh, I hate looking at old comments when I'm pissed. I actually think this is a cool idea now... Lol.

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited March 2015

Woo minecraft c:

Alt text

EDIT: yeah. So honestly, I'm going to keep a positive outlook on this game.

• I think it's a bad joke, cause I ain't laughin'.

• serios... nice joke.

snyderman posted: »

People said the same thing about the Lego Movie, and it ended up being one of the best animated films of last year

• edited March 2015

I know this is old....But fuck it! Telltale have been making family friendly games since 2005 so its not out of the ordinary for something like minecraft to be on the forums with stuff like Puzzle Agent, Strongbad, and to an extent Sam & Max. Believe it or not but Telltale aren't exclusive to the letter M.

Hey, as long as they stick to the minecraft forum and don't spread to the others, it will be fine with me. I just can't imagine having th

• Jeez, people, if you don't like the idea, don't buy the game, simple as that. No need to freak out like this.

• They freak out because they think it's going to affect telltale's other games.

Jeez, people, if you don't like the idea, don't buy the game, simple as that. No need to freak out like this.

• it will obviously effect release dates

iHeartTWD posted: »

They freak out because they think it's going to affect telltale's other games.

• Yup. This is indeed a quick paycheck.

• edited March 2015

Agreed. Just like TWD and GoT, let's also forget that when we pay, it comes with a game. Except all that matters of course is that money is going to Telltale right?

Revec posted: »

Yup. This is indeed a quick paycheck.

• Oh, I'm not forgetting that. However, unlike their other games this is going to feature graphics a 5 year old could copy and the most basic of animation going. It shouldn't take long to pull this out of their anus and charge the regular price.

Okay, that's a bit harsh. They'll still probably take a few months each episode and get the "soon" when asked.

Green613 posted: »

Agreed. Just like TWD and GoT, let's also forget that when we pay, it comes with a game. Except all that matters of course is that money is going to Telltale right?

• Dude, why are you just assuming that this game is going to be exactly like Minecraft? There hasn't even been a trailer or screenshot yet. You have no idea what this game is going to be like.

Oh, I'm not forgetting that. However, unlike their other games this is going to feature graphics a 5 year old could copy and the most basic

• because they working on multipile games at the same time, obviously it will be faster if they would focus less games because more time will be put in working on them, and im not even talking about resourcess

• This thread is at the top of the minecraft discussions.

Keep it up guys.

• edited March 2015

yes, but only meincraft isn't like Keanu Reeves though.

It's more like this...

Alt text

ps3gamer095 posted: »

This thread takes the bullets for the rest of the forum

• i've said this when meincraft was announced to have his own "story mode" version of it.

it's obvious.

• edited March 2015

Alt text

fallandir posted: »

The end is nigh, people. We reached the impossible.

• edited March 2015

And another thing is I've seen a lot of Minecrafters who are in their 20s, some of them aren't kids at all.

either making a living out of it, or just have nothing to do.

For one thing, most of Telltale's newer games (including the Walking Dead mind you) consists of plenty of 12 year old fans.

"Plenty" yes. Majority? no. but however, the majority that's playing minecraft will try out TTG's "minecraft: story mode" for sure. and they mostly consists of immature spoiled kids that scream and rage about a game. i'm sure some of us will buy M:SM, but just because telltalegames made it and they make good games most of the time.

I don't hate the game, I hate the players. does that justify my commentary?

Um... what?

• I hate the players. does that justify my commentary?

No, it doesn't. Not only are you generalizing an entire fanbase who may or may not even join this forum, but you pretty much describe them like how some people act here, especially when they don't get things they want. (COUGH M:SM announcement COUGH)

And another thing is I've seen a lot of Minecrafters who are in their 20s, some of them aren't kids at all. either making a living

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Keep it up guys.

I don't really get what you mean by this, Story Mode will happen so the fact this thread is on the top of the forum won't change anything.

From reading some of your other posts you still seem to be worried about about the "immature" fan base joining the forum, if there are any troublemakers me, Blind Sniper or another moderator will be around to stop any unpleasant behaviour. Please try not to instantly hate any mincraft fan as soon as they join the forum.

This thread is at the top of the minecraft discussions. Keep it up guys.

• Don't like it? Don't buy it. It doesn't affect you in the slightest.

• They have separate teams that work on their games. It won't affect the other games, just as Game of Thrones had no effect on Tales from the Borderlands.

because they working on multipile games at the same time, obviously it will be faster if they would focus less games because more time will be put in working on them, and im not even talking about resourcess

• Minecraft !?!??!?!?!?!??!?! wowwwwwwwwwwww telltale

• Haha, is this still going? I'm not a fan of Minecraft, but this is ridiculous. Let's just wait and see how this plays out instead of hating on something that is probably going to differ greatly from the source material.

• Minecraft is boring.

• ^^^^^^

Green613 posted: »

I hate the players. does that justify my commentary? No, it doesn't. Not only are you generalizing an entire fanbase who may or may

• ....then it wouldn't be Minecraft.

Dude, why are you just assuming that this game is going to be exactly like Minecraft? There hasn't even been a trailer or screenshot yet. You have no idea what this game is going to be like.

• I can see where you are all coming from as far as Minecraft. Like, I know a lot of you think Minecraft is just this huge abomination filled with kids ages 11-13. However, I don't think that necessarily belittles the potential it really has. The point of Minecraft is to lots of potential, and that could be fulfilled in any imaginative way TellTale feels they can pull it off it.

Yeah, I realize I'm most likely a broken record here. But, even if the game is going to be bad, I'm gonna keep some faith in TellTale c:

• edited April 2015

Well that's another way of stopping bullets but i guess it works too

yes, but only meincraft isn't like Keanu Reeves though. It's more like this...

• You have clearly not played Minecraft enough to know that it is more than just placing and breaking blocks. There are villages and abandoned structures throughout the land, as well monsters that attack you on sight. Telltale has said that Story Mode will be an interpretation of what already exists.

....then it wouldn't be Minecraft.

• That's a matter of opinion.

Minecraft is boring.

• edited March 2015

So you've just answered your own question.

Also, no where in my last post did it indicate that's all minecraft was. You were just assuming. I have played minecraft and I can see the appeal. It's not for me as I prefer a more narrative driven experience, but that's the issue with Telltale's decision for me and many others.

The Walking dead, borderlands, Game of thrones, the wolf among us etc, all have a strong universe built around them that is rich with content and stories to tell. Minecraft doesn't and is never intended for that. It has gameplay mechanics and law, but that's about it. It's purposely designed to be a survival do what you wish game.

Now, I'm not saying they couldn't do something with it, but with an infinite list of material out there, they picked this? If they wanted something with less content it would of made more sense going after something like the discworld series where there's loads history and content you can choose to use, but never forced to. As it stands though, they've decided to jump on the minecraft wagon and get some of its money. This isn't questionable, it's blatant.

You have clearly not played Minecraft enough to know that it is more than just placing and breaking blocks. There are villages and abandoned

• Your second comment focused solely on the graphics and animations of the source material. For the record, I think the most logical option would be to animate the game in a style like those music videos made by CaptainSparklez and SkyDoesMinecraft.

And in response to your last paragraph, you do understand that they have to make money right? And like you said, they could do something with this. And I think it could turn out to be very good depending on how they approach it. So if they make a good product that's worth the price, then they have every right to make heaps of money.If Telltale does this right, then everyone goes home happy, which is the best way to run a business.

So you've just answered your own question. Also, no where in my last post did it indicate that's all minecraft was. You were just assumin

• Of course they have to make money, but they have been for a while without resorting to jumping on the bandwagon. We shall have to wait and see I suppose, but I don't blame people for being negative about Telltale's decision at all.

Your second comment focused solely on the graphics and animations of the source material. For the record, I think the most logical option wo

• Again though, if this game is worth the money, would that not justify their decision?

Of course they have to make money, but they have been for a while without resorting to jumping on the bandwagon. We shall have to wait and see I suppose, but I don't blame people for being negative about Telltale's decision at all.

• Indeed. Time will tell.

Again though, if this game is worth the money, would that not justify their decision?

This discussion has been closed.