Really Telltale? Really? So this isn't a joke?

Comments

• People felt like Telltale was only going after Game of Thrones because it was popular. Some were also afraid it would upstage Walking Dead.

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/67594/telltale-thinks-game-of-thrones-is-bigger-than-twd-if-ttg-s-got-is-a-success-will-they-abandon-twd

I definitely heard about all that complaining except Game of Thrones. I did not here one person complaining about that before launch. Could have been I just didn't notice it.

• Yeah, definitely! I've said that before. Another user also had a good idea where Bigby could tune into his heightened senses like smell and examine the environment, kind of like how Rhys has his Echo Eye in Tales from the Borderlands.

Andorxor posted: »

For Example a bit more actual detective work would have worked nicely with TWAU

• Well, you can delude yourself players hated all talltale games before they were published but they never did afterfards because all those game prove themself to be great.

Both those claims are equaly untrue. Its pretty apparent Minecraft is probably most hated game being announced so far.

Also, not all Telltale game prove to be equialy good. I still like more old titles like Sam & Max or Tales of Money Island then any newer Telltale game, Walking Dead included. That being said there is pretty strong concensus among fans that, for example, first season of Walking Dead was far better then second.

It would be more fair to say TallTale golden age finished long ago with first titles then to raise expectation in this matter, claiming that fans always do wrong judgement, when in fact there is always some truth even in those criticism before publishing.

People felt like Telltale was only going after Game of Thrones because it was popular. Some were also afraid it would upstage Walking Dead.

• I wasn't speaking for everybody - I was just making a joke of what the collective consensus for the current fan base at each time had seemed to have been. Of course, everybody has a different opinion on each game series. I myself am a fan of both the old and new styles of Telltale's games. As great as Walking Dead is, I also loved games like Sam and Max, Monkey Island, Wallace and Gromit, etc.

Well, you can delude yourself players hated all talltale games before they were published but they never did afterfards because all those ga

• Geez is this thread still going? Just let it go, people. Sure, I'm no fan of this being made into a game, but, I've come to accept that that is what they plan to do.

• edited January 2015

I love Minecraft! It is one of my favorite games. Even though I don't agree much with this game (Minecraft 2) I will try to be open-mined about it. Minecraft is sandbox and HAS NO PLOT, so I am just like....WHAAA?!?!?!? Some of you should stop judging this game based on graphics and pictures you see on the internet and actually play the game THEN judge it. It may look boring at first based on pictures and videos, (it didn't to me though...) but playing it is a whole different thing. and as a person who played Minecraft before playing telltale games and after Notch (the creator of Minecraft) officialy left Mojang I am kinda like NO MORE CHANGES! I just want updates and for everything to go on, but as I said I will try to be open-minded.

• Minecrap will fail....

• Lol I used to say that.

Cope49 posted: »

Minecrap will fail....

• I guess not :P

Gary-Oak posted: »

Seriously though. This HAS to be a joke, right?

• Why would they joke with you ( unless it's April 1st )

Gary-Oak posted: »

Seriously though. This HAS to be a joke, right?

• Tried creative?

No I'm pretty sure it was Minecraft. It was at a friends house and I tried it, it was awful, but it was the real deal.

• Good. I don't like Minecrap, i just love Minecraft only

Cope49 posted: »

Minecrap will fail....

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2015

I don't really like going in mines. But, I'd have to say if I did, I think I'd like minecrap. Especially if it's bat guano since it's very expensive. :P

Good. I don't like Minecrap, i just love Minecraft only

• And has healing properties :3

Jennifer posted: »

I don't really like going in mines. But, I'd have to say if I did, I think I'd like minecrap. Especially if it's bat guano since it's very expensive. :P

• Minecraft? Not TWAU 2 or TWD 3, MINECRAFT?

Seriously, if they chose DAYZ or 'Dead Light-no persian prince', I'd understand,
    but, MINECRAFT?

What story could they produce? From Lego Block?

They can choose what to make but they have big resources and fame unlike other indies, they can make TWAU 2, TWD 3,4,5,6,7, and if Jane Jensen wasn't that stiff to make her own crappy remake, telltales could have made 100x better 'Gabriel knight'.
    But, they, decided to make Minecraft, with all the skills and fame and resources.
    Seriously.

This is waste of talents and money.

• edited January 2015

You don't know that. For all you know, the game could be really good and successful. You can't possibly predict the outcome of this when they haven't even released a trailer, screenshot, clip or any plot details. We know nothing about this game other than it's happening.

whereisLee posted: »

Minecraft? Not TWAU 2 or TWD 3, MINECRAFT? Seriously, if they chose DAYZ or 'Dead Light-no persian prince', I'd understand, but, MINECRA

• Damn it... he is right...

@WalkerHunterMark said: I'd like to see everyone's faces after they were proved wrong by a fucking Telltale Game. @AmazingAura01 said

• Telltale was always about story, drama and believeable characters. How are they planning to deliver all that in a game where all you have to do is build and dig.

I don't get it, I really don't. Just seems like a bad joke. I wish it was a bad joke or it might as well be their first game that I won't buy.

• Amen to that!

Tahon posted: »

Telltale was always about story, drama and believeable characters. How are they planning to deliver all that in a game where all you have to

• But it's freaking Minecraft! All their previous titles had lore and characters to work with. Minecraft has none of it.

You don't know that. For all you know, the game could be really good and successful. You can't possibly predict the outcome of this when the

• First of all, Minecraft does have lore. Clearly you haven't played the game enough (if at all) to see it though. There is a music disc in the game which plays the sound of someone running, coughing, using some kind of object, and then a distorted wolf howling. Nobody knows what this music disc means. There's something.

Secondly, the two alternate dimensions. What are their purpose(s)? Are there secrets there that we don't notice? Why do monsters roam the land at night? These are unanswered questions that Telltale is going to interpret, as they have said before.

And thirdly, the fact that there is little lore and backstory to it is good for Telltale. This way, they have more creative freedom when it comes to the narrative. They can develop things how they see fit.

But it's freaking Minecraft! All their previous titles had lore and characters to work with. Minecraft has none of it.

• edited January 2015

I don't get why the 'cursing a TTG first and then think it's great' is a general thing apparently?

When they announced TftB, I was like 'Meh, maybe I'll try it.', but I wasn't completley against the idea, even though being a little disappointed.

When they announced GoT, I was seriously pumped and couldn't wait for the game to come out.

When I first played TWD, I hadn't heard much of it other than it having a second Season and some people liked it, so I was pretty neutral before playing and loved it afterwards.

As you see, with none of the above I really had a problem when they were announced, but this game...I flat out despise already. Telltale will have to really convince me to buy that game, I will definitley watch a playthrough first, something I didn't do for TftB and GoT, TWD and TWD Season 2.

I usually was neutral or even excited for upcoming TTG, and I bet many others feel the same way, but this game will really have to prove its worth.

• There's a lot of people here commenting that "All you do is build and dig". Clearly these people have not played Minecraft to know that it's far more than that. There are abandoned structures such as temples, pyramids and mineshafts scattered around the world, as well as two alternate dimensions. There's also a music disc with a very odd recording. Seriously, there's plenty for Telltale to build on here. Play the game for more than a few minutes and maybe you'll see that.

• Well it would be cool and that would be a good story...However...It's already said that this game won't explain the game.

There's a lot of people here commenting that "All you do is build and dig". Clearly these people have not played Minecraft to know that it's

• Well, clearly it's not enough.

There's a lot of people here commenting that "All you do is build and dig". Clearly these people have not played Minecraft to know that it's

• It's not meant to give a cannon explanation of the game, just an idea of what some things might mean.

Well it would be cool and that would be a good story...However...It's already said that this game won't explain the game.

• If you're a good storywriter, then you can get around not much lore.

Well, clearly it's not enough.

• Not really but who knows.

It's not meant to give a cannon explanation of the game, just an idea of what some things might mean.

• Choosing minecraft over TWAU or another series is a bad move,because if they really did make this game and even have a story,its probably going to be so cliche,and not unique except for the graphic if they retain it?? Seriously,what story will we get from mining,building?and for those temples,cave,or whatever "secret place" maybe..is there even any story in it?or any idea? Minecraft is a good game when i'm bored and i guess its better if minecraft stays as a sandbox,never ending game.

• To decrease your worries, TWD 3 was already announce and will be made either by the end of this year or the start of next year.

whereisLee posted: »

Minecraft? Not TWAU 2 or TWD 3, MINECRAFT? Seriously, if they chose DAYZ or 'Dead Light-no persian prince', I'd understand, but, MINECRA

• I predict this game will be shockingly good and there will be a sea of red faces. What better for writing a story than a blank slate. I thought the lego movie would suck but I was pleasantly suprised. Telltale are great storytellers this will be fun : )

• edited January 2015

(Said in general)

You don't even need to be a 'good' writer. Average writers are perfectly capable of spinning a decent story from nothing. Afterall, every story that isn't based on an IP has to be created from scratch, whether the writer just has a germ of an idea, the start of a scene etc. So, the whole 'Telltale can't create a good story/game because Minecraft doesn't have a story and no lore' is, quite frankly, rubbish. And that's a fact. It's not often I act like something's a fact either. (Plus, starting from scratch has some benefits, like using an existing IP does)

Of course, that doesn't mean the Minecraft game will be good. It just means that the 'no story or lore' excuse to bash the game doesn't hold much water. And, if I'm honest, I don't think they'll be going for a serious story with it. Just something fun that makes you laugh. Not like comedies need great stories. It's not like you'll only be digging either. And they do have elements they can use for the story, like the zombies attacking, plus the crafting/building. There are also stories available to purchase about Minecraft, as well as youtube video series that attempt to tell a story. (Note: I've not played Minecraft or read any stories, just going off what I've heard/seen)

Anyhow, I've said my bit regarding that. It's fine to say you don't think they'll be able to create a good story though, as there's a difference between saying that and 'Telltale can't make a good game because Minecraft has no story etc.' It's all in how things are worded.

And well, if it doesn't seem like your cup of tea, then there's nothing wrong with not purchasing the game.

If you're a good storywriter, then you can get around not much lore.

• Wow, really people? Telltale aren't idiots. They know what they're doing and they're good storytellers. Stop acting like it's gonna be so bad when you know nothing about it other than "it's happening"

• this seems a strange pick for telltale, but with their track record I'm willing to overlook the strange choice. To be honest I think this game has potential, they have picked a universe that, for the most part, is unexplored or is doesn't exist. However telltale needs to tread lightly with this, less they want to piss off minecraft players and put off even more people who aren't to keen on it already.

• Makes me feel a bit better. Finally some *good *news for once...

iHeartTWD posted: »

To decrease your worries, TWD 3 was already announce and will be made either by the end of this year or the start of next year.

• This is telltale, if theres any good team you would trust to make a story out of anything it would be them... I have faith.And besides I find minecraft really fun.

Tried creative?

• You'd be surprised! Remember what Game Development Team where talking about here? This is Telltale ... Telltale! Who made and are still making the amazing ''The Walking Dead'' And ''The Wolf Among Us'' Series! Are you guys really underestimating what Telltale can do?!? People are even suggesting they make a ''Sonic The Hedgehog'' Series! And i know Telltale could do that to! Don't underestimate these awesome Developers! They can do it! Besides they are working with Mojang and the Comunity to make it as ''Minecrafty'' as possible! GO Telltale! DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS!

• ''Sonic The Hedgehog'' Series!

Alt text

DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS!

They aren't haters, they're people with different opinions.

You'd be surprised! Remember what Game Development Team where talking about here? This is Telltale ... Telltale! Who made and are still maki

• edited January 2015

Ummm ok well maybe they aren't haters but underestimating Telltale makes them look like haters! and the sonic thing... It was nothing but a Suggestion!

• Here let me help you.

When you want to reply to someone where they can see your response in their feed click the reply button.

underestimating Telltale makes them look like haters!

No, not really. It's still just people with different opinions, a lot of people have been long time fans and even I myself am a fan but I question this.

and the sonic thing... It was nothing but a Suggestion!

I know, It just reminded me of that picture and I thought the picture was funny.

...I guess I should do my job here, Welcome to the Forums.

Ummm ok well maybe they aren't haters but underestimating Telltale makes them look like haters! and the sonic thing... It was nothing but a Suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.