Ep 4 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PSN EU/NA/Xbox/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• edited August 2015

its not the case. because not everyone on pandora is wealthy enough to leave. plus hyperian is not interested in people or shall i call bandits who live on pandora, actually they see those pandoran as ''Less'' than themm (for example: back in EP1 you see vaughn and rhys looking at psychos as savages or something, thats how they see them in general.) .. they only want what the actual planet has. possible vaults etc... plus in BL2 handsome jack built an ''ultimate'' city called opportunity on pandora, which you get to sabotage LOOOOL! anyway, you see those posters also back in EP1, so i dont know if they still are building that city. i guess they are? anyhow, my point is that hyperian does not care for pandoran. they care about what their land have.

edit : actually if the people on pandora leave, it would be MUCH EASIER for them because they will have many lands to mine for eridium and stuff

Remind me how this works again. Hyperion doesn't let anyone on Pandora leave unless they can afford it or they will be blasted by moonshots, right?

• Yep, it's Gortys and Loaderbot and you can kinda see the group inside that spaceship, I think it's the caravan

enter image description here

Crydog posted: »

Anyone else notice something on top of the space ship in the key art?

• That was the case under HJ (along with the "kill all the vault hunters asap" thing). I guess no one cares anymore.

Remind me how this works again. Hyperion doesn't let anyone on Pandora leave unless they can afford it or they will be blasted by moonshots, right?

• Yiss, this will be Yvette episode!

And the caravan is a spaceship now?

• I haven't visited this place in ages and the first thing I see is that this episode is actually a thing very soon (most likely, if there's going to be a live play it makes sense to release the episode before or a little bit after the whole event). All my yes. The wait has felt so short this time. If the episode releases later this month/early next month, I will have a new computer by then. Mmmm. So gonna enjoy this episode.

• Rhys! You're... alive. Great. I still need my lunch >_<

strwar3 posted: »

Yvette looks mad ohhh boy

• It's been confirmed to be out this month.

I haven't visited this place in ages and the first thing I see is that this episode is actually a thing very soon (most likely, if there's g

• If we are driving the caravan and then wings just pop out and it turns into a spaceship I demand a Transformer reference from Rhys

Pipas posted: »

Yiss, this will be Yvette episode! And the caravan is a spaceship now?

• edited August 2015

Not totally true, Handsome Jack did care about the people of Pandora and Elpis. Sure he wanted power and wealth, but he ultimately wanted to be the savior to the people of Pandora. He specifically created the Eye of Helios to wipe out bandit camps without risking friendlies. His first thought was for the people who were being killed when the Lost Legion attacked the space station. Angry that Zarpedon was killing engineers and civilians and that if she had a beef with Hyperion she needs to keep the civilians out of it. Somewhere between him going to the moon vault and Borderlands 2 his vision gets twisted. Like he said in TFBL, "after awhile they all start to look like bandits."

In Borderlands 2 the vault hunters hadn't just much of a better job of it than Jack. Sanctuary was a home to thieves murders and a safe haven for bandit factions. Brick was a bandit leader and him and Lilith where doing quite a good job at wholesale slaughter of bandit factions without Jacks help. Only Roland had any sense of morality and was trying to do right for the people of Pandora, and he was finding out slowly, like Jack, that it's really a thankless job.

Mercyva posted: »

its not the case. because not everyone on pandora is wealthy enough to leave. plus hyperian is not interested in people or shall i call band

• edited August 2015

Yep, that was the main theme of TPS, right? How Jack wanted to make this little corner of the universe a better place, but repeated betrayals by those he trusted made him realize the only way to achieve that was through tyranny. It's actually kinda sad how Roland was the only one to at least apologize for his actions. And honestly - Jack was not wrong, Pandorans are all bandits... look at Fiona and Sasha, the 'sympathetic' locals... still goddamn bandits... :P

Not totally true, Handsome Jack did care about the people of Pandora and Elpis. Sure he wanted power and wealth, but he ultimately wanted to

• edited August 2015

i'm not talking about specifically handsome jack. i was talking about hyperian in general. and the psycho that is handsome jack and what he did in BL2 mainly. love him tho! :p

Not totally true, Handsome Jack did care about the people of Pandora and Elpis. Sure he wanted power and wealth, but he ultimately wanted to

• edited August 2015

i think Tales from the borderlands sheds light about this. and NO, not all pandoran are bandit. .. you see that when you first go to hallow point. there are normal people that are just trying to bet by in pandora.

look at Fiona and Sasha, the 'sympathetic' locals... still goddamn bandits... :P

ummm... no. they are not bandit, BUT.. that what ''Hyperian'' call them. and it works well like a ''stereotype'' type of thing. handsome jack/hyperian call them bandit and even rhys and vaughn at some point, because they sees them that way. not because They are! its just a stereotype thing.

Yep, that was the main theme of TPS, right? How Jack wanted to make this little corner of the universe a better place, but repeated betrayal

• Eh... like who? Janey? She siccs you on people in TPS and has no problems with killing her own clients after they've paid for their order (and she came to Pandora from Elpis anyway). Scooter? Once buried a man alive. Smells like bandits to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(and goddamn, I wished so many times BL was like Fallout and I could just nuke all Sanctuary citizens in the face... I'm so happy Fallout 4 will be out soon...)

i think Tales from the borderlands sheds light about this. and NO, not all pandoran are bandit. .. you see that when you first go to hallow

• by your logic then everyone in borderland are bandit. even hyperian and handsome jack. i'm just talking about the term ''Bandit'' and it mainly being used by hyperian as a stereotype to all who live in pandora.

Eh... like who? Janey? She siccs you on people in TPS and has no problems with killing her own clients after they've paid for their order (a

• by your logic then everyone in borderland are bandit

Yep, pretty much.

(Btw... don't take everything I say at face value, I'm a Hyperion loyalist and I wholeheartedly embrace their rhetoric ;P)

by your logic then everyone in borderland are bandit. even hyperian and handsome jack. i'm just talking about the term ''Bandit'' and it mainly being used by hyperian as a stereotype to all who live in pandora.

• There are a lot of real world examples of tyrants being culled from those who's intentions where for the good. Power is a messy messy business and very few come out of it with clean hands. Mussolini was supported by the Jews in his early political career, he was a supporter of getting rid of the power the Catholic church had over the Italian people and the oppression it brought. What ended up happening was him selling out on his own beliefs and becoming a tyrant just to hold the whole thing together. It ended with him hanging by his heels in town square hated by everyone and the return of the old tyrannical rulers. One boss just gets replaced by a new boss, who gets replaced by another new boss.

Yep, that was the main theme of TPS, right? How Jack wanted to make this little corner of the universe a better place, but repeated betrayal

• yeah i know lol! :) i love hyperian too. i just dont agree on everything they do :)

by your logic then everyone in borderland are bandit Yep, pretty much. (Btw... don't take everything I say at face value, I'm a Hyperion loyalist and I wholeheartedly embrace their rhetoric ;P)

• Of course. But all that real-life stuff doesn't make me feel bad for supporting a tyrannical megalomaniac in this lawless fictional setting. Jack could have brought order to this wasteland. Here, the cost would have been worth it. Just the way I feel about the BL universe.

(I'm in no way super-serious about my gaming ideologies, but they do tend to lean towards the extremist side ;P).

There are a lot of real world examples of tyrants being culled from those who's intentions where for the good. Power is a messy messy busine

• Oh my God, we're going to Hyperion in our litlle "caraship" :D Thank goodness it's coming out in August. :)

• ummm... no. they are not bandit, BUT.. that what ''Hyperian'' call them. and it works well like a ''stereotype'' type of thing. handsome jack/hyperian call them bandit and even rhys and vaughn at some point, because they sees them that way. not because They are! its just a stereotype thing.

Also, umm... they do scam people out of their money for a living... last I checked, that spelled 'bandit' even in our own reality ;)

yeah i know lol! i love hyperian too. i just dont agree on everything they do

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

I just KNEW you guys were going to zero in on that ship thing I can't say anything about! You know it's good episode key art when it starts getting people excited. I am excited too! :D

• Rhyiona confirmed felliw worshippers. When puzzlebox says she cant talk about it, it exists.

puzzlebox posted: »

I just KNEW you guys were going to zero in on that ship thing I can't say anything about! You know it's good episode key art when it starts getting people excited. I am excited too!

• fellow*

Crips posted: »

Rhyiona confirmed felliw worshippers. When puzzlebox says she cant talk about it, it exists.

• Telltale staff said the word ship.

Everyone loses their mind.

Rhyiona confirmed felliw worshippers. When puzzlebox says she cant talk about it, it exists.

• Oh wait it's about the caraship not Rhyiona or Rhysha

FUUUUUU~~

Poogers555 posted: »

Telltale staff said the word ship. Everyone loses their mind.

• Caraship? Is that what we're calling it now?

OTP Caravan X Ship confirmed.

Oh wait it's about the caraship not Rhyiona or Rhysha FUUUUUU~~

• I claim the First yiff on the caraship ;)))))))

Caraship? Is that what we're calling it now? OTP Caravan X Ship confirmed.

• This caravan is more than meets the eye- Rhys 2015

If we are driving the caravan and then wings just pop out and it turns into a spaceship I demand a Transformer reference from Rhys

• Kindof... But it doesnt look like a dick... (rip assquez)... ;)

Leluch123 posted: »

Guys does that ship looks like caravan?

• Is it just me or does it feel weird to have knowledge ahead of time when the episode is coming out, I mean I know we don't have the exact date, but it can only be one of 3 Tuesdays of this month.

Believe in the 11th, hope for the 18th, expect the 25th.

• For me it´s the opposite. I hated Elpis...

I loved Borderlands Pre Sequel primarily because of Elpis and its cool setting. I doubt we will go there, but it would be very cool

• This is why the gaming universe is so great, I can be as tyrannical and as extreme as I wanna and no one gets hurt, and I can do it in my undies. Always a plus.
    And of course Jack was right.

Of course. But all that real-life stuff doesn't make me feel bad for supporting a tyrannical megalomaniac in this lawless fictional setting.

• Flying Car 2! Now with wings! =D

And I just zoomed in, can see Loaderbot on top of that thing guys! I think Gortys might be next to him....I think. It's got Gortys colors so I'm going to assume it's her.

Sooo...does, that spaceship upgrade come included with a free toilet? o_o

puzzlebox posted: »

I just KNEW you guys were going to zero in on that ship thing I can't say anything about! You know it's good episode key art when it starts getting people excited. I am excited too!

• Ohmygod! Keyart yess I wasn't expecting it today. Now I won't get any sleep :D

Here's a bigger picture of the keyart without the Live Play thingy

• This feels so unreal after two huge waiting times.

brb crying in joy

• Can I come cry with chu? ;.; I'm feeling emotional by all this news.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

This feels so unreal after two huge waiting times. brb crying in joy

• edited August 2015

Hmm. I really hope they pull a GoT and just go.

hey guys! its happening. OH YEAH screenshots. LMAO TRAILER. LOL GAME.

Not: Screenshots. Ok Trailer. Please hold for a week. Okay, here you go!

• Of course, if anyone wants to cry some waterfalls this is the time to do it. ;-;

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Can I come cry with chu? ;.; I'm feeling emotional by all this news.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.