Mincraft Story Mode Season Pass Disk Issue [2/2/2016: Telltale resolves issues for 360 users]

Comments

• edited February 2016

I told the Telltale Games customer support rep that after all these problems I would only every buy discs with the complete game already on it.

Their reply was "I will make sure to pass along your interest and feedback in releasing a disc with the full season of the game included on the disc. Please note that in the past, we have released these types of discs after the complete season has been released and become available. Once more, my apologies that I am unable to assist you with your issue, and your feedback will assuredly be passed along to the team."

So it sounds like they intend to release the full game for each release. However I can't think of any other examples out there where a season pass disc AND a full release disc were ever both released for the same game. And what about games like Game Of Thrones that have 5 of 6 episodes on the disc? Are they really going to release another version with 6 of 6 episodes when there is already one with 5 of 6?

I think our best chance of ever getting every episode on a disc is to wait years for the inevitable collection of Telltale Games on a single disc.

Karitaru posted: »

Hi, there. Is there going to be a physical disc release? I mean an actual physical copy, not just a season pass disc.

• Not by Telltale Games. It would be up to the store you purchased it from. Most stores do not refund for open games and will only exchange for the same title.

I also asked Telltale Games if they could provide a code to do a free download of the game we purchased. They said no to that too.

So can we be refunded for the game if these episodes do not unlock?

• Yup, there are a ton of issues. Most have been fixed, but others Telltale Games has given up even trying to fix. They told me to return my disc to the store I bought it from for a refund, and use the money to buy the downloaded version from the Playstation Store. Not good customer service.

There are a ton of problems with it. I'm not sure if they've provided a fix for the ps4 version yet

• Take a look through this thread. There are a number of issues that can cause this problem. Most have been solved, but some PS4 issues have not. For instance, if you are on a slow internet connection the disc license will never be verified so you will never be able to download the other episodes without paying for them again.

Thread: why cant i play all episodes with season pass disc Got the season pass disc on ps4 but I can only play episode one why cant I play the other episodes

• Telltale Games customer support will first ask if the disc you have is actually the UK version. Check the rating on the disc -- does it say PEGI or ESRB 10+? If the latter then you have the North American version and will need to either get the UK disc or create a North American PSN account.

There are a number of other potential issues on the PS4, most with fixes outlined in earlier comments on this thread. If you have a slow internet connection (say a satellite connection) then you are out of luck since the disc license will never be verified before the server connection times out -- the episodes will never show as available as a free download (although you CAN buy them again individually from the Playstation Store -- which clearly shows this is a Telltale Games problem, not a PSN problem).

Roguerunner posted: »

Thread: PS4 Some assistance in geting Episode 2 working ( Season Pass disk ) We bought this disk at Christmas as a present from Amazon

• I think their customer support cares, but they don't have the engineering staff to debug the problem. Their support management however has done a poor job here -- at the very least they should be publicly admitting there are outstanding issues that have not been resolved and give their plan of action. Since their support team has already admitted that they've given up and we should be returning the disc to the store for a refund, I don't think they want to say that publicly. Still, it is what they need to do.

Nychold posted: »

As I suspected, it didn't work. I guess I'm just going to have to accept that Telltale either doesn't know, or doesn't care what's causing the problem.

• PS4 PROBLEM WITH EPISODE 2 - 5

My son has had me messing with his ps4 for the past 2 hours trying to download and install the remaining episodes on MINECRAFT STORYMODE

Imagine my delight when i managed to download and install episodes 2 - 4

HOW i hear you ask well after all the usual i set up a telltale games account to which i logged into on the ps4 and yes it allowed me to download 2 3 and 4 which i then installed and now i have a happy son enjoying episode 2 and so far not a peep out sof him so seems it worked.

Good luck peeps xx

• Can you clarify what you mean by setting up a Telltale Games account and logging into it on the PS4? Do you mean an account like ours here on Telltalegames.com? Do you mean logging in to this site via the browser on the PS4? Any clarification would be great!

KAI_14_J posted: »

PS4 PROBLEM WITH EPISODE 2 - 5 My son has had me messing with his ps4 for the past 2 hours trying to download and install the remaining e

• While in the game's main menu, you can link your copy of the game to your Telltale Games website account. You should be able to find it by looking for the "TTG Account" menu option.

Iguanahey posted: »

Can you clarify what you mean by setting up a Telltale Games account and logging into it on the PS4? Do you mean an account like ours here

• That's what I was afraid of. The TTG Account option doesn't work for me. It just gives the same message about needing to connect to the Playstation Network, like when I try to check availability of the episodes. It was worth a try though!

While in the game's main menu, you can link your copy of the game to your Telltale Games website account. You should be able to find it by looking for the "TTG Account" menu option.

• im trying to download episode four the game just updated but the episode is showing up as coming soon when the menu selection screen says its avalible

• Thread: Downloading episodes

My son has had this game since Christmas, he has the season pass but we cannot download the other seasons. It says purchased coming soon!

I have looked on telltales' support page it is connected to Xbox live all installed in the correct places we have restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled the game but it continues to say the same.

Has anyone got any other ideas please?!

• Thank you, I have taken a look but I had tried most options. I did a hard reset of the Xbox but still no joy

Reuben posted: »

I found another discussion that might help: (https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/101373/mincraft-story-mode-season-pass-disk-issue-2-2-2016-telltale-resolves-issues-for-360-users)

• Maybe ask the Telltale Games support if you haven't already?

Thank you, I have taken a look but I had tried most options. I did a hard reset of the Xbox but still no joy

• I need help my minecraft story mode says ep 2 coming soon on ps4

• [I am not Telltale Staff - I am only a volunteer Moderator]

Is your game updated to the latest version?

Fifadude posted: »

I need help my minecraft story mode says ep 2 coming soon on ps4

• Yes

[I am not Telltale Staff - I am only a volunteer Moderator] Is your game updated to the latest version?

• Hmm, odd. Again, I'm only a volunteer, but I think the problem should have a simple fix at this point since I have not seen a lot of people recently saying they have issues with the PS4 version. If looking through the more recent posts in this thread does not help you, I would recommend you try one of the following steps:

Yes

• Ok

Hmm, odd. Again, I'm only a volunteer, but I think the problem should have a simple fix at this point since I have not seen a lot of people

• I already did

• We had the Season Pass on PS4 in Australia. Tried to get help through Telltale support but failed. PlayStation support told us that this game will not update online because it is a European disc. We ended up giving up and getting a refund!

I already did

• Hi, I had the same problem on my PS3 as you are describing. I managed to solve it finally. In my case I didn't have a Playstation network account. In the Playstation settings / Playstation store I found an entry for creating a PSN account. After doing that and logging in, the menu "TTG Account" was enabled and I could enter the details for that account, login and connect the two accounts. After that was done the episode 2 was unlocked in the game and possible to download. Hope it works out for you to.

Iguanahey posted: »

That's what I was afraid of. The TTG Account option doesn't work for me. It just gives the same message about needing to connect to the Playstation Network, like when I try to check availability of the episodes. It was worth a try though!

• I just wrote an answer how I was able to solve it on my PS3 I publish it here as well. Be sure you have a TTG Account otherwise create one on this site. Then check if you have Playstation network account and are logged in. Otherwise create one ( in the Playstation menu you find "Playstation network / my Account). When you are logged in st the PSN you will be able to enter the menu "TTG Account" in the game, login and connect the two accounts. By doing that the episodes was unlocked and possible to download. Good luck!

• Super. Thanks!

Tobiasrules posted: »

I just wrote an answer how I was able to solve it on my PS3 I publish it here as well. Be sure you have a TTG Account otherwise create one o

• Tried creating a new PSN account last month. Didn't work. The problem is that the game doesn't even recognize that I'm logged into the Playstation Network, so it never verifies the license on the disc. My guess is that people with slower internet speeds like myself are out of luck -- Telltale Games support literally gave up and told me to return the game to the store for a refund (not likely to happen on an opened game bought the month before), then re-buy it as a digital download.

Still hoping for a solution!

Tobiasrules posted: »

Hi, I had the same problem on my PS3 as you are describing. I managed to solve it finally. In my case I didn't have a Playstation network a

• Good luck! I'm a PS4 player and I'm still unable to download episodes 2+, even after Telltale Games support replied to my ticket (they gave up).

Ok

• Hi I'm new to the threads so basically my problem is that Episode 5 asks me to install then it restarts the main menu and then it loops it asks me to install again and refreshes the main menu I have email telltale but j get a automated message
    Pls help

J-lol aka J

• I have the same problem. Have you figures it out yet?

J-lol posted: »

Hi I'm new to the threads so basically my problem is that Episode 5 asks me to install then it restarts the main menu and then it loops it a

• I have this problem too, on my Xbox 360. I tried deleting Episode 5 from my Storage and re-downloading it, but it still doesn't work. Seriously Telltale games, get your stuff together.

CHAMPCTP posted: »

I have the same problem. Have you figures it out yet?

• I have a Xbox 360 I download episode 5 and it told me to install it and I did and it took me to the main menu and I check if episode 5 is install and it still says install episode 5. HELP PLEASE

• Yup same exact problem yo trying to restrain myself from torrenting it

I have a Xbox 360 I download episode 5 and it told me to install it and I did and it took me to the main menu and I check if episode 5 is install and it still says install episode 5. HELP PLEASE

• Has anyone found a solution to install episode 5 after downloading it? It just keeps telling me to restart the main menu but never works... :(

• You don't know how annoyed I was at this! We waited 3 months just for this... Oh well.

I have this problem too, on my Xbox 360. I tried deleting Episode 5 from my Storage and re-downloading it, but it still doesn't work. Seriously Telltale games, get your stuff together.

• I also had this problem but found a workaround.

I bought this for my son for Christmas, he is 10 and he figured out how to download and play episodes 2-4 by himself. A few days ago he said there was a problem with the new episode 5, it was caught in the never-ending loop of asking to download even after downloading from the psn.

I tried the usual, restarting the game, restarting the ps4, verifying the network connection and even deleting the game from system menu, reinstalling all patches and downloads.

Interesting I found that episodes 2-4 download fine, install fine, episode 5 will not.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
    He has his own sub account, I have the psn plus membership.

I then tried running story mode under my name, it made me setup a telltale account, and tried installing episode 5. It finally worked. Logged back over to his name and the episode was playable.

I believe the is some sort of handshake authentication failure between sub accounts and telltale with this new episode 5. Make sure you download and install from the account that has the ps+ attached to it.

Hope this helps!

• None of my issues or anything I discussed had anything to do with Episode 4. It was ALL episodes that failed to download. And the technology related to regions in PSN doesn't have anything to do with some content they create for Episode 4 or any other specific episode. So, yes, this has been affecting users since the very first release, and they indeed HAVE had 5 months to solve this problem. Moreover, they KNEW the solution because they emailed it to me. But they hadn't posted the solution online in any official place, which was my complaint. So you arent wrong, but the thing you've said has nothing to do with what I'm complaining about.

You'd think in the, oh, FIVE MONTHS they've had problems somebody would have, you know, posted some information on the web somewhere...

• My friend has the Season Pass Disc on Xbox One and, for some reason, Episode 2 won't register as downloaded while it actually is. All the other episodes work fine.

• Hi Everyone,

My son and I have been struggling with this issue for hours already. After 6 hours, we finally got it to work. So, thought of sharing with you all. Hope it helps.

Here are the details of what we have, make sure you have the same exact scenario so atleast we have a good chance you'll get the same results as we did.

We bought the Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Pack
    1. This disc promises Ep2 to 5 as freely downloadable as it becomes available.
    2. The disc is labeled "E10 ESRB" at the bottom and "MCSP4US" at back of the disc case.
    3. Our console is PS4. Our console's software is updated as of date.

Here are the symptoms:
    1. Episode 1 played alright - my son was all smile - finished it in 3 hours.
    2. EP2 to EP5 shows - "Coming soon" - my son starts asking for help
    3. Tried creating the TTG account from the Minecraft menu - it kept on saying "Network Unavailable"
    4. I tried to download from the PlayStation store - it asked me to pay.
    5. My face lost its smile, turned red, as I become frustrated.

The following actions I did took care of this problem,

1. Load the disc. Have your PS4 connected and logged in to Playstation Network.

2. Ensured all is well with the connection by checking "Test network connection"
      this option verifies connection to wifi, PSN account, download and upload speed.
      Make sure all stats show successful - 1.8MBPS download and 1MBPS upload did the trick for me.

3. I reset the license - you will see this in your playstation network menu.
      When you launch minecraft, it will restart the initialization process.

4. I think "MCSP4US" on the disc cover label means the disc has DLC for US.
      My son's first Playstation account was initially registered in the Singapore region.
      So, I created another account (it only needs a new email add), and this time chose the region United States.

5. logged in to https://www.telltalegames.com and created our TTG account from my laptop computer
      I used the exact same account ID which I created from Playstation Network for the TTG account.

6. logged in to https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/ from my laptop and verified my "Download list"
      It didn't show minecraft there.

7. Start up Minecraft.

8. Choose "TTG Account".
      Since I already created my TTG account from laptop, I simply logged in (did not create account from PS4).
      It worked.

9. Back to Minecraft main menu, chose "Episode"
      The screen now shows EPs with status -"Purchased, but not downloaded"
      The screen had the white triangle mark (play symbol) beside the EP, indicating I can download it now
      (it was not there earlier)

10. Due to my slow network speed, I downloaded one at a time only.
      Doing more than one download at a time intermittently resulted in "Network Unavailable" error for the 2nd EP download for me.

Hope this helps.

• edited June 2016

ok eimron i'm gonna give it a go if it works thanks

• I own the season pass disc on PS4 and it's telling me I have to pay for episode 6. Please tell me this is a bug.

This discussion has been closed.