The Last of Us Discussion Thread

Comments

• The cutscenes in Last of Us aren't 10 minutes long, most of them are 3 to 2 to 4 minutes.

Personally, I never found any of the shooting environments in Last of Us to be bland or uninspired, I found them to be quite engaging and intense and I felt they offered a lot of freedom.

I will admit there were some slow straight corridor sections in Last of Us but they never lingered too long for me to get bored unlike the climbing sections in Uncharted 4 at least in my opinion.

The cut scenes are not even 10 minutes long, they're pretty short and don't really drag at least for me. 10 minutes is too long for

• Wasn't Uncharted 3 like that somewhat?

No Uncharted sequel was like that, so I'm hopeful TLOU 2 won't be either.

• Not to me. Can't speak for others, but it was on par with Uncharted 2 for me, and both were leagues better than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

J-Master posted: »

Wasn't Uncharted 3 like that somewhat?

• I hope Joel won't die, that feels too predictable.

• I'm guessing this is going to be a mid year 2018 release. Read that Ellie is supposed to be 19 in the second game and that will be five years after the first game was released where she was 14.

• shiiiiiiiit...

Both. Sorry, man. Time to join the Sony scrubs.

• Why think that she's talking about the Fireflys?

lupinb0y posted: »

Fuck. YES. Now hopefully Joel in the trailer isn't some sort of hallucination made up by Ellie because the Firefly's killed him. Though that would explain why Ellie wants to kill them all.

• If they kill Joel i am gonna cry...
    Liking Ellie as lead character now BUT...fighting segments will be different cause Ellie is not Joel...
    Ellie will be brutal to survive but Joel man...He will protect Ellie till he dies...hope we see Tommy again !

And concerning The Walking Dead Season 3...i'm glad they introduced this new character...Loved Clementine but in my opinion it was time to move on and that's what they did partially as far as i can tell. Looking forward to all those games mentioned here.
    Uncharted DLC, Last Of Us Part 2 & Walking Dead Season 3 !!!
    OH, and final episode Batman ofcourse !!!

• I'm thinking that a good human enemy will be the antagonists. Maybe they attacked the place they were staying and a lot of people died. I just hope Tommy's still around.

• WHY

• Because the game is absolutely stunning.

Gary-Oak posted: »

WHY

• Thanks for the laugh. Needed that today.

Because the game is absolutely stunning.

• Sarcasm isn't appreciated. I would ask why you don't think the game is decent, but frankly I am in a rather fantastic mood thanks to this announcement, so I'll refrain from asking you to elaborate. Thanks though.

Thanks for the laugh. Needed that today.

• Oh no. Possible spoilers:

So remember that slight teaser in Uncharted that shows what seems to be a pregnant Ellie?

Well, in the teaser, as shes moving the guitar onto the bed, the screen cuts off right before it reveals her stomach. But if you put it in super slow mo, you can slightly see her stomach and... Well, coming from someone who was hoping she wasn't pregnant, she really does look pregnant.

• This looks great! I have seen some speculation that Joel is dead and Ellie is hallucinating, but I don't think Naughty Dog would kill Joel offscreen, and if he does indeed end up dying, it will probably be at the end of the game.

I personally think that Tommy's settlement where they were most likely staying was attacked and resulted in almost everyone being killed, and now Ellie and Joel are out for revenge.

• No she doesn't. I highly doubt Ellie got pregnant.

Oh no. Possible spoilers: So remember that slight teaser in Uncharted that shows what seems to be a pregnant Ellie? Well, in the teas

• It's not impossible since Naughty Dog themselves teased it.

MosesARose posted: »

No she doesn't. I highly doubt Ellie got pregnant.

• It's okay to not like the game, but no real need to be sarcastic and rude about it. The first game was pretty good, not perfect by any means, but it was good. The trailer looks like it might be good, negativity about it isn't really required.

Thanks for the laugh. Needed that today.

• If I want to criticize a game, I will. I don't really see how it was rude. If I was really being rude it would be more like "LOL, THIS PERSON LIKES A GAME I DON'T. GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY XD"

It's okay to not like the game, but no real need to be sarcastic and rude about it. The first game was pretty good, not perfect by any means, but it was good. The trailer looks like it might be good, negativity about it isn't really required.

• Yeah but the creator Neil Druckmann had touched on Ellie's sexuality from the first game. So unless Ellie's sexuality changed or she gotten pregnant some other means, which I won't get into. I would say Ellie is not pregnant.

It's not impossible since Naughty Dog themselves teased it.

• She could easily be bi. But yeah you have a point.

MosesARose posted: »

Yeah but the creator Neil Druckmann had touched on Ellie's sexuality from the first game. So unless Ellie's sexuality changed or she gotten pregnant some other means, which I won't get into. I would say Ellie is not pregnant.

• Also about that teaser pic in uncharted, a lot of people have speculated that the woman could have been Ellie's mom and the image teased a comic series. On the bottom of the image it does say "presented to you by dark horse comics" and they did the first series of comics for the last of us titled: American Dreams. This could be the second series titled: American daughters. Just thinking. Here's the image for reference.

enter image description here

She could easily be bi. But yeah you have a point.

• Well there's the Firefly symbol that's shown near the beginning.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Why think that she's talking about the Fireflys?

• True, it's a possibility but I don't think it was them.

lupinb0y posted: »

Well there's the Firefly symbol that's shown near the beginning.

• You basically stated someone's honest opinion on a video game was a joke worth laughing about.

Kind of rude.

If I want to criticize a game, I will. I don't really see how it was rude. If I was really being rude it would be more like "LOL, THIS PERSON LIKES A GAME I DON'T. GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY XD"

• I find it so satisfying that both Clem and Ellie make their return this year. And both have grown more badass. :)

Can someone please make a pic where you put Clem from upcoming Episode pic and Ellie together, back to back? That would be amazing. :D

• Lol! You really think we can play as Ellie running around killing infected and scavengers? If she was pregnant she would be very restricted, very! The only thing i can offer to your theory is that she got pregnant at some point during the 5 year time jump and this scene in the trailer was a flashback.

Oh no. Possible spoilers: So remember that slight teaser in Uncharted that shows what seems to be a pregnant Ellie? Well, in the teas

• Clem and Ellie return this year? Well not quite but in terms of seeing them both grown up then i agree haha

I find it so satisfying that both Clem and Ellie make their return this year. And both have grown more badass. Can someone please make a pic where you put Clem from upcoming Episode pic and Ellie together, back to back? That would be amazing.

• If it actually made me laugh, then I'll say that it made me laugh.

J-Master posted: »

You basically stated someone's honest opinion on a video game was a joke worth laughing about. Kind of rude.

• I meant that they both reappear this year. :p

dan290786 posted: »

Clem and Ellie return this year? Well not quite but in terms of seeing them both grown up then i agree haha

• Them too and it's Resident Evil 0 HD*

The only games that were successful in 2016 are Uncharted 4, Overwatch, Inside, Doom and Battlefield 1. Dark Souls III, Stardew Vall

• Looks like they are both looking for revenge I see.

Legendary12 posted: »

First Clem comes back.. now Ellie.. I'm dead.

• I certainly hope they won't do that. I think I can trust them because they never killed any main characters in Uncharted franchise.

Ekelund21 posted: »

I hope Joel won't die, that feels too predictable.

• If that made you laugh then you must be really depressed.

If it actually made me laugh, then I'll say that it made me laugh.

• And this raises a very important question. Who is your favorite teenage killer?????

• Don't expect to see Ellie until about 2018 or 2019. They made an effort at the presentation to say it is still very early in development so we shouldn't expect to see anything anytime soon.

This trailer was probably about the only thing they have fully animated at this point.

I find it so satisfying that both Clem and Ellie make their return this year. And both have grown more badass. Can someone please make a pic where you put Clem from upcoming Episode pic and Ellie together, back to back? That would be amazing.

• Neither...because they have yet to kill a teenager.

Jokes aside, I'd pick Ellie.

sony12 posted: »

And this raises a very important question. Who is your favorite teenage killer?????

• Cool trailer. Although I was cool with TLOU being a standalone game with no need for a sequel, I am still looking foward this game. Ellie is super pissed about something and Joel is still alive and old, yay, they haven't changed a bit.

These teenage girls lately got chips on their shoulder and it's pretty awesome.

• I am a bit worried if the story becomes too cold and depressing. From what the developers said, the first game was about love, this new game is about hate.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.