The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Is Daze's banishment up yet?

• I think it was a voluntary ban

DabigRG posted: »

Is Daze's banishment up yet?

• Good point, they would have a lot more room and supplies without the trio being there. I'd like to think that they set up shop there since I stayed with Kenny in my game.

Probably. Depends on whether Randy really is that much like Kenny and prefers to keep moving until he truly feels his family is in a safe pl

• Okay, but for how long I wonder?

I think it was a voluntary ban

• You can always ask a mod. I think they said it was a month or two

Okay, but for how long I wonder?

• God, I hate you so much for linking that thread. People back then were incredibly anti-Kenny beyond all common sense. I get disliking him but jesus christ, how can ANYONE justify taking remaining supplies from a child and baby? Why didn't Mike not at the very least tell Clem about the plan? Everyone in that thread is an absolute moron, god damn.

:confused:...K.

Graysonn posted: »

I forget where I read/heard but apparently Brian Bremer was unavailable during the production of Amid the Ruins and that's why Nick just tur

• edited March 2017

What kind of philosophy did each of the leaders have: Optimism, Cynicism, Realism, or Apathy?(Lee, Kenny, Lilly, Jake, Brenda, Vernon, Oberson, Vince(?), Roman, Victor, Carlos, Pete(?), Luke, Walter(?), Carver, Buricko, Norma, Javier, Kate, Tripp(?), The Richmond Quad,)

Do you would it've been better from a dramatic standpoint if it was Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo you had to decide over in the Jane ending instead Randy, Patricia, and Gil?

What type of Singer do you think each character is?

• He might've been the Bummer-dad mentioned on the Telltale Stream?

No but seriously, I think he lost his wife at some point, kept her license to remember her by, and futilely kept moving until he presumbably died of exhaustion outside of the trailer park.

What is a likely backstory/fate for Jon Sandusky (corpse found by Jane and Clem outside Sunshine Village)

• Still 100% objectively right about that. Fuck that thread.

Was only kidding about hating you for linking it though.

God, I hate you so much for linking that thread. People back then were incredibly anti-Kenny beyond all common sense. I get disliking him bu

• About my "moral compass", it's 100% omitted when I think about these sick fucks, I sometimes think about them choking on blood, grabbing a knife, then cutting several lacerations into them, or in general just deep; revolting hate for these people. I have no fucking idea why is pisses me off so much (possibly it's just mentally anguishing of the mere notion), but it does, and every single one of them doesn't deserve to breathe, fuck. I'm glad I've never had the honor of seeing the "art", I've developed methods to circumvent any of it thus far, thankfully. Also, PLEASE, don't think this forum is safe at all, every few weeks we get someone who direct messages most of the forum Clem "art", usually 2 - 3 pictures, but again, I've developed a way to circumvent this, and the first time I almost got caught. I don't even browse other threads than this one because I've heard/seen disgusting shit in the past, there's fuckers who actually went out of their way to model swap in season 3 for Gabe/Clem kissing, just what the fuck. Now that I think of that, I don't care too much because I don't care about season 3 as a whole, but Clem still says it's "disgusting", and these people don't give a damn what the character is like or not. Daily reminder: These people aren't fans, they're horrible people who are sick in the head, and are most likely pedophiles.

Sorry if all of that came off strong, but I simply can't hold any of it back anymore.

Bro there's people on Youtube on I think a last of us barrier break video who embrace that shit, And i'm called a loser when I call them dis

• Blind Sniper said this regarding the subject:

"Daze voluntarily requested a ban until 'mid July'. He didn't elaborate too much on why he did so".

I asked Blind this earlier this month, and we have quite a long time until we can see Daze again.

Is Daze's banishment up yet?

• Okay. Must be biding his time while the then presumed shitstorm that is ANF plays out in it's entirety.

Spodes posted: »

Blind Sniper said this regarding the subject: "Daze voluntarily requested a ban until 'mid July'. He didn't elaborate too much on why he did so". I asked Blind this earlier this month, and we have quite a long time until we can see Daze again.

• edited March 2017

What kind of philosophy did each of the leaders(Kenny, Lilly, Carlos,etc.) have: Optimism, Cynicism, Realism, or Apathy?

I think this would be easier to answer if you listed all of what you regard as the leaders, hell, even Clem could be a leader I guess, since most people used her word as the final breaker or decision. I'll go with what you listed so far:

Kenny: Realistic/Altruistic (cared primarily about the well-being of his group).

Lilly: Realistic/Pragmatic (did the most logical deductions in her mind to make decisions for the group, rationalized).

Carlos: Was he really a leader? I honestly thought his personality was very stale; hard to grasp what his true motives were other than protecting Sarah, and getting out of Howe's.

What kind of philosophy did each of the leaders have: Optimism, Cynicism, Realism, or Apathy?(Lee, Kenny, Lilly, Jake, Brenda, Vernon, Ober

• Nice to see the etc. meant jackshit in regards to your answer. Ah well...

I think this would be easier to answer if you listed all of what you regard as the leaders, hell, even Clem could be a leader I guess, since most people used her word as the final breaker or decision

Oh. Well, okay then.(This is why you read the entire comment before you type.)

Carlos: Was he really a leader? I honestly thought his personality was very stale; hard to grasp what his true motives were other than protecting Sarah, and getting out of Howe's.

It's relatively inferable that he was supposed to be the unofficial leader, as he coordinated much of the group's operations in the first two episodes, not to mention the evidence leading to the theory that Kenny took his role in In Harm's Way and Amid the Ruins. He seemed like a bit of a stickler for rules and ration honestly, given his stance on Clementine's bite, Sarah's safety, and Kenny in the truck.

What kind of philosophy did each of the leaders(Kenny, Lilly, Carlos,etc.) have: Optimism, Cynicism, Realism, or Apathy? I think thi

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited March 2017

Optimism: Lee, Carlos, Luke, Brenda (in a sick ass way), Walter, Javier, Lingard
    Cynicism: Kenny, Carver, Oberson, Roman, Joan, Spinach guy
    Realism: Lilly, Pete, Tripp, David

I only watched Michonne don't feel qualified to answer for them.

Yes that would have been better, and much easier.

I bet Tripp is a Saprano

What kind of philosophy did each of the leaders have: Optimism, Cynicism, Realism, or Apathy?(Lee, Kenny, Lilly, Jake, Brenda, Vernon, Ober

• Nice to see the etc. meant jackshit in regards to your answer. Ah well...

That's because etc. is vague, and I just woke up somewhat recently, and having to think about everyone I believed to fit a "leader" role would be some digging. I believe a lot of season 2 wasn't necessarily great on choosing a "leader" so much, as it felt like a democracy most of the time, and people listened to what other had to say usually.

Nice to see the etc. meant jackshit in regards to your answer. Ah well... I think this would be easier to answer if you listed all of

• Cynicism: Kenny

Not sure about that, Kenny always did what he thought was best for the group, and it worked very well in season 2 as he gets to Wellington with Clementine, despite others not believing him (my Clem did though).

Plan_R posted: »

1 Optimism: Lee, Carlos, Luke, Brenda (in a sick ass way), Walter, Javier, Lingard Cynicism: Kenny, Carver, Oberson, Roman, Joan, Spinach

• Well its Kenny, opinions vary.

Cynicism: Kenny Not sure about that, Kenny always did what he thought was best for the group, and it worked very well in season 2 as he gets to Wellington with Clementine, despite others not believing him (my Clem did though).

• edited March 2017

Not sure it's exactly an opinion as Kenny doesn't change much (regarding your decisions), but you do you.

Well its Kenny, opinions vary.

• Kenny assumed the worst in almost everyone he meets. I would call that a cynic.

Not sure it's exactly an opinion as Kenny doesn't change much (regarding your decisions), but you do you.

• "Believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity."

While true in some cases, I do believe this is much more realistic in terms of the apocalypse and what's he's experienced of backstabbing from others he trusted. Look what he thought of Bonnie (my Clem said "search her for weapons"), and what did Bonnie turn out to be? A scout for Carver to put Clem and Kenny in some camp they should've never been forced into, so he was right. I'd say Kenny is actually a lot more realistic/skeptical regarding new people he meets, which is actually quite a good thing for about everyone you come across, even in real life.

Kenny assumed the worst in almost everyone he meets. I would call that a cynic.

• Yeah, I legitimately don't think cynical is a word I'd associate with him, at least in the first season.

Cynicism: Kenny Not sure about that, Kenny always did what he thought was best for the group, and it worked very well in season 2 as he gets to Wellington with Clementine, despite others not believing him (my Clem did though).

• True. Interesting point.

Kenny assumed the worst in almost everyone he meets. I would call that a cynic.

• at least in the first season

Yeah, he did show a more cynical mindset in season 2, but not all the time though.

Yeah, I legitimately don't think cynical is a word I'd associate with him, at least in the first season.

• I just did it, doesn't seem like it changes much. The dialog goes a little differently (Clint orders you out instead of Joan) in the scene it occurs in, that's all I noticed. It might be different in the ending scene if you kill Max, but I kept him alive so I wouldn't know.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of keeping quiet about Mariana and telling them about it?

• edited March 2017

Does anyone knows the extent of consequences for telling Clint and Joan about Mari's death?

I thought David would trust you less, and I heard somewhere that if you tell them about Mari, then David won't give you the gun (that could save Conrad's life), but apparently, that's not the case...

Mind helping me out?

• edited April 2017

Does anyone believe Clementine will ever be in character again? I think season 2 may have been the last one where Clem is great. I believe regarding season 3 and above they'll never fix Clementine's character model (this actually irks me a lot) for one, but what about her character? Every time I have a hope in season 3, it gets suffocated and dies, only to come back a bit later with a very slight optimistic tone (more pessimistic by the day).

Edit: I thought these screenshots are a bit relevant regarding Clem's character change:

• edited April 2017

What happened with the original "Open Discussion Thread with Job from Telltale" thread?

• Most likely kept hidden by mods (only they can access it/restore it). I don't know which thread that even is honestly (unless it's some April's Fools shit I'm missing here, I doub it though), but that happens to threads all the time, so that's my deduction.

What happened with the original "Open Discussion Thread with Job from Telltale" thread?

• Oh, okay. I was just wondering for the longest time what happened to my questions and decided to do a google search find one of them before getting that.

Most likely kept hidden by mods (only they can access it/restore it). I don't know which thread that even is honestly (unless it's some Apri

• edited April 2017

It got deleted. Basically, Job left for about a week or more and it was filled with unanswered questions and people got disgruntled after a while. Job deleted it and started this thread:
    https://telltale.com/community/discussion/112749/lets-try-this-again-ask-me-almost-anything-job-is-back-lets-try-to-remain-calm

Someone saved the questions/answers thankfully before it got deleted but I can't remember where they posted it, sorry.

• The optimistic part of me (which just refuses to die no matter how much evidence proves other wise) thinks that by seasons end we will have the chance to pull Clem back from the brink of emotional shutdown.

But that's a fools hope if there ever was one.

Does anyone believe Clementine will ever be in character again? I think season 2 may have been the last one where Clem is great. I believe r

• The optimistic part of me (which just refuses to die no matter how much evidence proves other wise) thinks that by seasons end we will have the chance to pull Clem back from the brink of emotional shutdown.

If they ever somehow pull this off, this still blemishes Clementine after her murdering Eli, and another thing that still angers me is character model for her (going to try to not make this a rant about her character for once), it just doesn't look like Clementine and I hate her (smallish) shirt with her bra showing, it's simply just awkward after we've played a father figure for two season essentially, I much preferred her purple long sleeve shirt and tacky puffy blue jacket with an entrance/exit wound on her shoulder. A few people I've discussed the model with have agreed with me, not sure if that is popular or not though...but regardless whether you think her outfit is appropriate, I think all of us would appreciate her nose being a bit bigger (too skinny in S3), her skin color being a bit lighter (season 2 was the most accurate depiction probably since she's part Asian and African-American), and for love of Christ Telltale, bring back her adorable yellow-green eyes. I think she looks like a weird painted person in season 3, and in general I detest the engine this season as it doesn't depict a "comic book" style they've been depicted very well in seasons 1 and 2, in which I thought season 2 was the best in that regard (smooth controls, people with subpar PC's or system don't have FPS issues, gave a unique feel, Clem looked adorable as always, main menu had effort regarding graphs; changed to unique themes, colors, sounds, songs per episode, etc.).

Anyways, had to get the above out of my system, it's been bothering me for quite a while now.

The optimistic part of me (which just refuses to die no matter how much evidence proves other wise) thinks that by seasons end we will have

• How old is Clementine in the beginning of season 2? Is she still 9 years old (I know in season 1 she's 8 years old in episodes 1 and 2, then is 9 years old in episode 3, 4, and 5). When you first see Clem, I can't tell if she's still 9, or if she's 10 years old. The transition to the 11 year old Clem is said to be "16 months", so either she was almost 10 in the beginning of episode 1 season 2, and then barely turned 11 when the screen flashes to the S2 Clem we know, or I dunno. Can anyone care to elaborate on this, or if they can confirm anything?

• If I had to guess, she was about to turn 10 in a few months when Michelle shot Omid. Christa's pregnancy was undeniably at that point, which requires a couple of months depending on how long she had been pregnant in Long Road Of Head and the Stranger mentioned that she turned 9 a few days before Lee came to rescue her.

How old is Clementine in the beginning of season 2? Is she still 9 years old (I know in season 1 she's 8 years old in episodes 1 and 2, then

• edited April 2017

I don't recall that Clem turned 9 a few days before meeting the Stranger as Lee, but the Wikipedia says she turned 9 years old in episode 3, so I'm not exactly sure I trust the Stranger vs the Wiki, but eh.

[Source]

If I had to guess, she was about to turn 10 in a few months when Michelle shot Omid. Christa's pregnancy was undeniably at that point, which

• edited April 2017

Has Clementine grown at all height-wise?

Also, where did these heights come from?

Clementine (S1) - 1.37 cm
    Clementine (S2) - 1.42 cm

Lee Everett - 1.80 cm

Mark - 1.74 cm

Glenn - 1.71 cm

Carley - 1.68 cm

Doug - 1.78 cm

Lilly - 1.72 cm

Larry - 1.86 cm

Ben: 1.96 cm

Molly: 1.63 cm

Duck - 1.45 cm

Katjaa - 1.67 cm

Charles - 1.77 cm

Omid- 1.61 cm

Christa - 1.76 cm

Luke - 1.78 cm

Pete - 1.81 cm

Nick - 1.87 cm

Alvin - 1.89 cm

Rebecca - 1.63 cm

Carlos - 1.79 cm

Sarah - 1.55 cm

Carver - 1.77 cm

Matthew - 1.67 cm

Sarita - 1.69 cm

Walter - 1.83 cm

Kenny - 1.75 cm

Bonnie - 1.67 cm

Troy - 1.82 cm

Johnny - 1.77 cm

Tavia - 1.71 cm

Reggie - 1.84 cm

Mike - 1.92 cm

Jane - 1.65 cm

Shel - 1.68 cm

Becca - 1.57 cm

Stephanie - 1.65 cm

Wyatt - 1.82 cm

Vince - 1.80 cm

Russell - 1.71 cm

Arvo - 1.75 cm

Randy - 1.86 cm

Patricia - 1.62 cm

Gil - 1.44 cm

Michonne - 1.76 cm

Pete (Michonne) - 1.83 cm

Samantha - 1.68 cm

Greg - 1.74 cm

James - 1.46 cm

Alex - 1.38 cm

John - 1.87 cm

Paige - 1.73 cm

Norma - 1.76 cm

Randall - 1.85 cm

• edited April 2017

Has Clementine grown at all height-wise? Also, where did these heights come from? Clementine (S1) - 1.37 cm Clementine (S2) - 1.

• Should we trust David or no?

• Yes.-

Shadow2122 posted: »

Should we trust David or no?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.