The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• edited April 2017

Can someone get the stats of the characters introduced in Above the Law?
    enter image description here

• No

Shadow2122 posted: »

Should we trust David or no?

• In Issue 127 Siddiq is seen working on construction for the fair, but shouldn't he be on Pete's boat with Michonne going through the whole Monroe fiasco?

• Javier: 5'8"

Jesus Christ, is this true? Also why is everyone so short it feels like? Clem should be a bit taller by now, Gabe is "lol" tier, and Ava...just what the fuck. Can I get a citation regarding these heights?

DabigRG posted: »

• Hell no.

• These stats are not right. Ava was with David in the military before the outbreak. I doubt she was serving at 15 years old.

• edited April 2017

These stats are not right.

What about the heights, are they all incorrect? I feel like some people would be taller.

These stats are not right. Ava was with David in the military before the outbreak. I doubt she was serving at 15 years old.

• Wow, Mike was indeed tall.

Has Clementine grown at all height-wise? Also, where did these heights come from? Clementine (S1) - 1.37 cm Clementine (S2) - 1.

• I think the OP said it was posted/confirmed by an art director. They mostly check out anyway, as far as I can tell.

Spodes posted: »

Javier: 5'8" Jesus Christ, is this true? Also why is everyone so short it feels like? Clem should be a bit taller by now, Gabe is "lol" tier, and Ava...just what the fuck. Can I get a citation regarding these heights?

• Ava seems reallllllly short for her age, and Gabe too, Clem also should be getting taller, but she's always been shorter I guess.

I think the OP said it was posted/confirmed by an art director. They mostly check out anyway, as far as I can tell.

• Ava seems reallllllly short for her age,

That was likely intentional, given that she seems to be David's answer to Clementine. Plus, the scene where she gives Tripp what he asked for is all the more awesome because of that.

Gabe too,

Possibly intentional, given previous teenage characters, but I agree. Kate and Eleanor are too much taller than he is, given that he's supposed to be going through puberty.

Clem also should be getting taller, but she's always been shorter I guess.

I'm fine with that, personally. She's not that much older after all.

Ava seems reallllllly short for her age, and Gabe too, Clem also should be getting taller, but she's always been shorter I guess.

• That was likely intentional, given that she seems to be David's answer to Clementine. Plus, the scene where she gives Tripp what he asked for is all the more awesome because of that.

I don't really get this, maybe this is an episode 3 thing, I dunno.

Ava seems reallllllly short for her age, That was likely intentional, given that she seems to be David's answer to Clementine. Plus,

• edited April 2017

Honestly, David haven't done anything to piss me off, so I don't know why people hate him... He is a bit of an asshole and I guess that his marriage to Kate was screwed up, but like... That's it.

The baby situation is just f-ed up in general and it's definitely not a black and white situation.

• edited April 2017

On that note, there's surprisingly little Rule 34 of her, oddly enough.

I'm not gonna skirt around it. I think you know it, too. All the sexy Walking Dead women...

...and most of the rule 34 is of Clementine.

also, what the hell is up with the formatting on this site? In larger threads, I try to view my comments to see if anyone replied to them an

• succeeded? I dunno about that.

Nick's death was just sorta a thing that happened. Which to be fair, is realistic. Not everyone dies heroically or memorably.

I'd say so, considering he ignored the fact that he had been shot on the way out of the herd in favor of going out to get help for the other

• Which choices affect Clementine's comment after the AJ flashback? She can either say that he was the only family she had or that this is what she gets for trusting other people. I tought she only talks about family if she went with Kenny but I noticed in other people's walktroughs that this isn't always true. So what decision affects this?

• That's all a bit nitpicky, but I do agree with you.

Still I'm not even sure what season ANF is set in. Is it hot? Maybe she wants to keep cool, no jackets.

The optimistic part of me (which just refuses to die no matter how much evidence proves other wise) thinks that by seasons end we will have

• maybe

• I never read the comic past, Negan's introduction, so I didn't even know anybody from the game besides Michonne and her family were in the comic. (come to think of it, were her daughters ever shown in the comic? I don't think so.)

In Issue 127 Siddiq is seen working on construction for the fair, but shouldn't he be on Pete's boat with Michonne going through the whole Monroe fiasco?

• Yeah, because I was the exact same when I was 13 as when I was 9.

Get real, seriously. Go read some fanfiction if you want more season 1 innocent Clem.

That's not realistic.

Does anyone believe Clementine will ever be in character again? I think season 2 may have been the last one where Clem is great. I believe r

• Yes, it's probably hot, but I'd rather wear my jacket than get my jacket snagged by a walker or fence, etc. Clem wears her jacket impractically, and again, all of those missing details regarding her human self (rather than her accessories) make her just not look like Clem in my opinion. Clem can also stay cool without showing her bra and having a small shirt on, it's just fucking awkward for me as a father figure. In season 2 she looked like a +2 years old Clementine (extremely well done actually) and wore practical clothing that fit both for the day and night (long sleeve shirt, puffy jacket was on all the time because of how cold it was though, on a side note it would've been cool to see Clem keep her jacket from S2 because now we have no indication of the bullet she got shot with, but whatever).

Louche posted: »

That's all a bit nitpicky, but I do agree with you. Still I'm not even sure what season ANF is set in. Is it hot? Maybe she wants to keep cool, no jackets.

• edited April 2017

Point being I want my Clem to remain clear thinking, intelligent, kind, and moral (and adorable :^)) as she was throughout season 2. Do you think it's fair that I end season 2 with Kenny and Clem being happy, and she's still moral, kind, etc. to then only turn a complete opposite with a 2 year time skip? No, of course not, anyone in the right mind would know so, and to be as ignorant to say otherwise is foolish. I'm not saying she has to be season 1 Clementine, in fact, I thought season 1 Clem was a bit too innocent, but appreciated her very much in general, and helped be a moral guideline. I think season 2 is the best depiction of (my) Clementine, as she kept her morals and kindness, while also being able to do what needed to be done in a situation, and she could survive very well by the end. To say morals and kindness isn't realistic is false, especially for Clem's character. I detest season 3 Clem because "Whoa, a two year time skip and now my Clem is acting on her impulse; murdering Eli in the process, swearing randomly because why not (who cares if she hasn't sworn all game in your story, we'll force it to occur :^)), and now acts a bit edgy!" Try seeing it from my viewpoint, it's completely ridiculous that she's forced into a static; cliche """badass""" character when honesty she was more badass in season 2 where she sutured her arm, and was shot in the shoulder.

In your own words:
    "Get real, seriously"
    "That's not realistic."

Oh, and this is coming from someone who used to 100% defend season 3 Clementine until I got off this shit forum (this is the only thread I browse anymore due to disgusting threads/comments/subjects) and realized for myself how much I didn't like her this season compared to the other seasons.

Yeah, because I was the exact same when I was 13 as when I was 9. Get real, seriously. Go read some fanfiction if you want more season 1 innocent Clem. That's not realistic.

• edited April 2017

(double post)

I never read the comic past, Negan's introduction, so I didn't even know anybody from the game besides Michonne and her family were in the comic. (come to think of it, were her daughters ever shown in the comic? I don't think so.)

• What is your profile picture from? Kind of awkward.

I never read the comic past, Negan's introduction, so I didn't even know anybody from the game besides Michonne and her family were in the comic. (come to think of it, were her daughters ever shown in the comic? I don't think so.)

• I dunno. He was a dick to Clementine and took AJ away from her but he didn't do anything to piss Javier off. I still trust Clementine more than I trust David.

• Goddammit, change your profile pic. It's awkward.

• Goddammit, change your profile pic. It's awkward.

What is it? Is it Luke's butt? If so...just what the fuck.

AronDracula posted: »

Goddammit, change your profile pic. It's awkward.

• No, I think it's Jane's butt.

Goddammit, change your profile pic. It's awkward. What is it? Is it Luke's butt? If so...just what the fuck.

• edited April 2017

Oh god, what the fuck..people who sexualize characters in this game at all is just revolting.

No, I think it's Jane's butt.

• edited April 2017

Would it still fit?

It's obvious they wanted to push for a new look here. Couple that with the new art style and I can see where you're coming from. I had problems with her design, but I'm mostly okay with it by now.

You should try being an actual father and having your daughter start going around with her bra showing. Hooboy.

Yes, it's probably hot, but I'd rather wear my jacket than get my jacket snagged by a walker or fence, etc. Clem wears her jacket impractica

• edited April 2017

That's a natural part of human nature. Sorry. And there's lotsa pretty girls in TWD.

Oh god, what the fuck..people who sexualize characters in this game at all is just revolting.

• What? everyone else was doing awkward avatars, I just wanted to top them.

Goddammit, change your profile pic. It's awkward.

• That's a natural part of human nature. Sorry. And there's lotsa pretty girls in TWD.

It's part of your "nature", I'm a guy, and I still refuse to sexualize anyone in this series, I just find it repulsive to do so, and setting a zoomed up picture of a butt isn't exactly considerate to others who don't want to see that...I'm sure there are "places" for you to express this.

That's a natural part of human nature. Sorry. And there's lotsa pretty girls in TWD.

• edited April 2017

If you honestly thought that by season 3, Kenny and Jane wouldn't both be dead you're the fool. Sorry to say.
    Clem didn't murder him, the gun went off, and she thought the bullets were duds.
    Swearing, huh? Oh yeah season 2 totally didn't have a random moment on the bridge where Clem swore despite your previous choices.

Morals and kindness? Jesus, she's a 13 year old girl !ON HER OWN! that's lost everything multiple times. Her friend that swore to stay with her and protect her died/killed themselves, and a freaking baby she cared for is apparently dead. Her attitude is pretty damn understandable.

Point being I want my Clem to remain clear thinking, intelligent, kind, and moral (and adorable :^)) as she was throughout season 2. Do you

• Would it still fit?

No.

It's obvious they wanted to push for a new look here. Couple that with the new art style and I can see where you're coming from. I had problems with her design, but I'm mostly okay with it by now.

Yes, they're pushing, they're forcing, and it's very irritating for someone who spent two seasons and cherished them making Clem moral and kind only for that to be shattered and suffocated by Telltale because their programmers said "Just say she adapts personalities, B-Build-a-Clem, haha, but really she doesn't change at all other than a line or two". I also still condemn her outfit and the new art style in general mostly (really the only things that improved regarding this was the textures slightly).

You should try being an actual father and having your daughter start going around with her bra showing. Hooboy.

Was this a necessary part? Or an attempt to straw man? Either or, I don't give a damn, it has nothing related to our topic regardless.

Would it still fit? It's obvious they wanted to push for a new look here. Couple that with the new art style and I can see where you're c

• My point is that uncomfortable shit happens in real life too, whether you like it or not. You can't just keep your daughter as an innocent little waif forever. That's not realistic. It's possessive, obsessive, maybe even a bit creepy.

Would it still fit? No. It's obvious they wanted to push for a new look here. Couple that with the new art style and I can see

• edited April 2017

If you honestly thought that by season 3, Kenny and Jane wouldn't both be dead you're the fool. Sorry to say.

Holy shit, use the quote function, it's simple and gives your response context.

Clem didn't murder him, the gun went off, and she thought the bullets were duds.

Clem's lack of concern and acts on impulse ultimately was at fault for her murdering Eli, fuck man, she even wants you to cover up after our first case of witnessing Clem murder someone. Yes, Clem murdered him. On 100% purpose? Not necessarily, but I'd say playing with a gun; pulling the trigger in a case where you don't know if ALL OF THEM are duds is simply inconsiderate and shows a lack of intelligence. Season 2 Clem had the intelligence of gun safety, and my Clem even taught Sarah, and well yes, Clem drew the gun on him with full knowledge that she wanted to kill him.

Wow! It's just what Clem did in season 3, she kept pulling the trigger.

Morals and kindness? Jesus, she's a 13 year old girl !ON HER OWN! that's lost everything multiple times. Her friend that swore to stay with her and protect her died/killed themselves, and a freaking baby she cared for is apparently dead. Her attitude is pretty damn realistic.

Morals and kindness isn't exactly rare in this universe, take a look around. While true Clem has lost a lot, she can take solace in knowing they died for her, or died liking her personality of kindness and morality; a virtue for many. Clem also seems to be taking care of herself and AJ very well, and where did you get "apparently dead" regarding AJ, the New Frontier just took him from Clementine. I understand her depressed attitude that was depicted throughout season 2, but she didn't act impulsively or act like an asshole to most, didn't steal. So please tell me a justification for the two year time skip making Clem's personality 180 when she suffered more previously. Just to prove your argument wrong furthermore, season 2 ended with Clem happy, next to Kenny as they walk off, and honestly I bet the Kenny death in season 3 didn't make her like this, because Kenny liked Clem for bringing a smile to people, and he also enjoyed her morals/guideline, so after all Clem has lost, I doubt Kenny dying would change her attitude to a flip. I guarantee Telltale just isn't competent to depict Clementine as a side-character in multiple personalities any longer honestly.

If you honestly thought that by season 3, Kenny and Jane wouldn't both be dead you're the fool. Sorry to say. Clem didn't murder him, the g

• You're one to talk about "creepy", and again, I'm not against Clementine changing personalities, but when it's something that turned her in for the worse and to this day you still can't seem to explain is why she 180s completely from a kind and moral person (but did what had to be done) to an impulsive; edgy kid who murders someone without even blinking an eye about it. I think you're projecting too much, Louche, and it's not supporting your argument.

My point is that uncomfortable shit happens in real life too, whether you like it or not. You can't just keep your daughter as an innocent little waif forever. That's not realistic. It's possessive, obsessive, maybe even a bit creepy.

• What? everyone else was doing awkward avatars, I just wanted to top them.

Good thing I don't browse this forum, so I don't have to the other "awkward avatars", but please take your cancer picture off, we'd (many others as well) appreciate it

What? everyone else was doing awkward avatars, I just wanted to top them.

• I'm assuming that's a reference to my second to previous one. Btw, the comic that''s from is in the Meme thread.

What? everyone else was doing awkward avatars, I just wanted to top them.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.