The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I've heard that newer walkers retain some leftover traces of the consciousness of the original at first, allowing them to use thinking on the level of a monkey and cling/respond to things that remind them of who they used to be, hence things like a little girl still carrying her doll in a trailer, walkers using rocks to break windows, Diana and Ed sticking near each other in Savannah, and possibly Natasha ignoring Arvo and Kenny in favor of following AJ's crying and eating Clementine if she's allowed to get too close.

And how in the hell did they stay together as walkers for 3 months...Don't question Telltale's logic

• Maybe they simply followed the herd back there, if not leading the charge themselves.

Acheive250 posted: »

I was just thinking about season one. CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR TWD S1... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! Y'know at the beginning, how you hear

• Like DabigRG said, I believe they have very slight brain functioning to where they can have primitive uses and go by instinct, so I believe Diana stuck with Ed, and then he turned and got her, and she just turned with him eventually. Or maybe she was infected a day or so later than Ed, who knows.

(Also you don't need to warn use about season 1 spoilers, not even season 2 or 3 spoilers, it's all right.

I was just thinking about season one. CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR TWD S1... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! Y'know at the beginning, how you hear

• Plot holes in a Telltale game. Surely you must be joking.

Wow. I hadn't even noticed that. Are these what you'd call a plot hole?

• Did Wyatt have a tattoo on his neck or was it just his model fucking up? Does anyone have a picture of it from the game files?

• It could be referring to her age in the flashback.

These stats are not right. Ava was with David in the military before the outbreak. I doubt she was serving at 15 years old.

• :lol: Yeah, pretty much. What a waste of screentime.

Louche posted: »

talk shit, get hit with a radio

• You're lucky that you've missed them so far

Spodes posted: »

About my "moral compass", it's 100% omitted when I think about these sick fucks, I sometimes think about them choking on blood, grabbing a k

• Clem was ready to accept AJ's death and simply wanted to know if he suffered. David could have left it at that, there was really no reason for him to lie at that point.

Shadow2122 posted: »

But he could be lying to clem about AJ.

• Hell yes I am, but after the first time I developed the habit to avoid this thankfully in general.

You're lucky that you've missed them so far

• I love your profile picture, Divided. It's probably one of my favorite TWDG moments.

And how in the hell did they stay together as walkers for 3 months...Don't question Telltale's logic

• I'm not sure I played 400 days more than once honestly, so sadly I didn't take my own screenshots of it. What is the "model fucking up" part though if you have one.

Did Wyatt have a tattoo on his neck or was it just his model fucking up? Does anyone have a picture of it from the game files?

• Does importing my save file into ANF actually take into account my choices, or just my season 2 ending?

I'm not getting many unique lines from Clem about "family" and such so I can't help but wonder if I should say fuck it and recreate my story to get better outcomes.

Kevin Bruner told me a while back that importing accounts for all your choices but as you can understand I don't believe a thing that guy says.

• I can try to take a decent screenshot in a little while since I have all my playthroughs recorded, but basically there's always been this minor question of whether Wyatt has a neck tattoo or whether it is just a piece of his hair that looks out of place.

I'm not sure I played 400 days more than once honestly, so sadly I didn't take my own screenshots of it. What is the "model fucking up" part though if you have one.

• Oh yeah, the questions you forget you even asked. Well, I've got time to kill, so here I go past me:

Was deliberately hyping Season 2 up with a fight for the sake of controversy was stupid?

Somewhat, though my attitude has changed both before and since ANF came out. The mistake was hyping up a fight between specific characters that either didn't happen or was shortchanged at the last minute.

Were you Team Luke or Team Kenny?

Team Luke. Cabin Group Ftw.

Had things gone down the way they probably should've, who would be on what Team?

This is my general rundown of the entire cast as of today:

Team Kenny: Matthew Sarita Walter Rebecca
    Team Luke: Bonnie Pete Nick Carlos Arvo
    Team Clementine(Aka Team IDK): Alvin(Probably Kenny, though he'd probably just out of concern for Rebecca and AJ) Sarah(Luke, but part of me thinks she'd be willing to side with Kenny under certain conditions) Carver(Sure, why not?) Troy(had Jane not killed him, he probably would've joined Luke's side to be with her) Reggie(Luke? Kinda hard to say, honestly) Jane(Luke, for some reason) AJ(Probably Kenny, but he likely doesn't care)

Who would win in the fight: Kenny or Luke?

Hard to say since the fight never happened. But unfortunately, Kenny was shown to have the most likely advantage.

DabigRG posted: »

Risky questions with repeats attached: I'm reading someone's tumblr and amongst their reasons for disliking Luke is the notion that he ma

• edited April 2017

Might as well throw in a few ideas myself, with some nods to my post on RPG classes

Super Strength: Larry Molly Michelle Carver S2Kenny Mike Jane Ava
    Durability: Larry S2Kenny Carver
    Flight: Lilly
    Super Speed: Molly Sarah Arvo
    Agility: Clementine Molly Jane
    Healing: Katjaa
    Telepathy: Clementine Carley Stranger Shel Sarah Carver
    Transformation: Clementine Molly Luke Sarah Jane
    Pyschokinesis: Doug Jane Arvo
    Energy Manipulation: Clementine
    Self-Sustanance: Kenny

I also wanted to do Lee, Ben, and Nick, but couldn't think of anything

DabigRG posted: »

What kind of superpower(s) do you think each character would have in an alternate reality?

• Does anyone know of a s2e3 playthrough where Clem says "Herds came through before?" to Bonnie?

• edited April 2017

I think it's just his hair. I'm not sure though.

enter image description here

EDIT: Yeah it's actually his hair. His head texture in 203:

enter image description here

I can try to take a decent screenshot in a little while since I have all my playthroughs recorded, but basically there's always been this mi

• Nice i appreciate you doing the research. Wyatt just lost 152 cool points

• edited April 2017

Mods plz put this double post out of its misery

• Well, I can't clarify, haven't played episode 3 necessarily, but in the first two episodes it changes the first flashback and one line, but slightly. Clem's character doesn't change at all and it's made me detest this season more than anything else.

Does importing my save file into ANF actually take into account my choices, or just my season 2 ending? I'm not getting many unique lines

• I'm don't have this in my screenshots, but I vaguely recall Bonnie responding by something like they barely made it, but isn't sure about the incoming horde this time around. I believe I selected this one time on a different play through.

Does anyone know of a s2e3 playthrough where Clem says "Herds came through before?" to Bonnie?

• How'd he get "cool" in the first place?

Nice i appreciate you doing the research. Wyatt just lost 152 cool points

• I just wasn't sure if that was the correct word...

Plan_R posted: »

Plot holes in a Telltale game. Surely you must be joking.

• clementine was a blank slate during season 2

Again that's just you, I simply don't accept a forceful 180 degree turn in personalty that I detest.

• gore is okay
    I browsed /b/

and here we watch you destroy any credibility you had left

Mhmm, I'm a prude when it comes to this series specifically, I find it revolting, and many others do, what a shocker! And yes, gore is okay, I got used to that a while ago after I browsed /b/ gore threads for the time being.

• edited April 2017

13 year olds don't go to prison for life for manslaughter, that's even less civil than the world of the walking dead

There's no law in this game, if you hadn't noticed, but for U.S. law it'd be regarded at manslaughter and Clementine would be in prison for life regardless.

• Hahaha, oh you're one to talk, getting horny over TWDG. Again, I browsed /b/, when it was somewhat decent. Please, stay on Reddit.

gore is okay I browsed /b/ and here we watch you destroy any credibility you had left

• If she can't go to prison for life, then if anything, she'd be in there for a LONG time. It's 100% Clem's fault that she killed Eli, and had full intent on doing so, prove me wrong, you can't.

13 year olds don't go to prison for life for manslaughter, that's even less civil than the world of the walking dead

• Precisely, which is why they can't make her a non-playable character anymore as they exclude other personalities while doing so without good justification for them. Thanks for pointing the obvious out.

clementine was a blank slate during season 2

• Hate to break it to you, but Clementine may not have been sentenced to life.

While there are many cases of pre-determined and meditated homocide that include 12-17 teenagers (Link to manslaughter victim, many teenagers that accidentally or kill in self defense do not always receive a life sentence.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/17587020/teen-charged-with-manslaughter-in-texting-while-driving-case

Frankly, in Clementine's case... this wouldn't of happened if a zombie apocalypse wasn't around so, realistically, why bring it up? In all honesty, Clem is like the way she is because of the zombie apocalypse; after 2 years being practically alone, would you really be as caring as you were before after everyone you loved has died (3 different times?).

Overall, I think these are nitpicks, the model is understandable (Although I feel like having the jacket on as well would also be dangerous), however if you really wanted to be smart, you wouldn't wear a jacket at all since it's obviously not hot in the game, so, at least they cover her butt with the jacket.

If she can't go to prison for life, then if anything, she'd be in there for a LONG time. It's 100% Clem's fault that she killed Eli, and had full intent on doing so, prove me wrong, you can't.

• Hate to break it to you, but Clementine may not have been sentenced to life.

We already covered that.

Frankly, in Clementine's case... this wouldn't of happened if a zombie apocalypse wasn't around so, realistically, why bring it up? In all honesty, Clem is like the way she is because of the zombie apocalypse; after 2 years being practically alone, would you really be as caring as you were before after everyone you loved has died (3 different times?).

Because, realistically, in this universe, she did murder someone, and her character in season 3 has been nearly a complete 180 in comparison to her previous personality, virtues, morality, and wise thinking (not in all aspects, but in many). I'm not responding to the rest of your argument as you haven't read my previous posts in this thread above.

Overall, I think these are nitpicks, the model is understandable (Although I feel like having the jacket on as well would also be dangerous), however if you really wanted to be smart, you wouldn't wear a jacket at all since it's obviously not hot in the game, so, at least they cover her butt with the jacket.

How is Clem murdering someone a "nitpick", that's something that completely contradicts her morality, and the evidence that she had intent on killing him is quite obvious, especially if you compare the season 2 screenshot's of "just keep shooting". Season 3 Clem didn't even bat an eye, which is weird, considering she's an opposite of my season 2 Clementine (and season 1 Clem). The point in her wearing a jacket is that it doesn't get snagged on something, and at night, she'll be warm. I live in Commiefornia sadly, and yes, it usually gets a lot colder at night so her wearing a jacket at all times would make sense regardless, also keep her protected from the sun better. If they were going to make her wear a short shirt though, they could have at least made it more appropriate, because now I can't even think of season 3 Clem without cringing, it just adds to her being out of character in a way, and even the most die hard Clem supporters agree with this (not all, but I've argued with many and they detest this as well, along with her model not being well aged from season 2 --> season 3).

Hate to break it to you, but Clementine may not have been sentenced to life. While there are many cases of pre-determined and meditated h

• How does Rebecca react in s2e4 when you return to camp if you saved Sarah and Nick is already dead?

• I'm not defending Telltale's bad decision of making choices not matter, but it's purely for the story as to why she's the way she is. I still don't understand this argument... Just because she was morely tame 2 years back does not mean she'll be the same 2 years later, it's purely just not realistic... Was it wrong with what she did? Yeah... But the reason she seems dumber to you is mainly due to the fact that she isn't the playbale character and you don't make her decesions.

I'm almost sick of this whole movement for Clementine... listen Spodes, you know me, I love Clementine's character a lot... But she isn't real, so after a while, I stopped praising her, and I loved Episode 3 because of that, since I'm sure I would of hated it because Clementine wasn't in EVERY SINGLE frame. Freaking out about her clothing? Why, it was just the design they decided on, I highly doubt they believed it would have appealed to a bunch of pedophiles.

Frankly... The die hard Clem fans are getting out of control now; I was one, sure... But come on guys, I can see Clementine's flaws in Season 1/2, the model is simply just an update in engine, so of course she will look different now. If I was a giant fan of her... Then I understand, I just don't see the point of holding onto to all this grieve because of character models and attitudes over once chatacter that makes up 1/4th of the game.

Hate to break it to you, but Clementine may not have been sentenced to life. We already covered that. Frankly, in Clementine's

• I'm not defending Telltale's bad decision of making choices not matter, but it's purely for the story as to why she's the way she is. I still don't understand this argument... Just because she was morely tame 2 years back does not mean she'll be the same 2 years later, it's purely just not realistic... Was it wrong with what she did? Yeah... But the reason she seems dumber to you is mainly due to the fact that she isn't the playbale character and you don't make her decesions.

Good, now that you don't understand this argument, I have no reason to respond back, because what you think is "realistic" or not is subjective, and to me and many others, her behavior is simply out of hand. Thanks for the insightful response :^).

I'm almost sick of this whole movement for Clementine... listen Spodes, you know me, I love Clementine's character a lot... But she isn't real, so after a while, I stopped praising her, and I loved Episode 3 because of that, since I'm sure I would of hated it because Clementine wasn't in EVERY SINGLE frame. Freaking out about her clothing? Why, it was just the design they decided on, I highly doubt they believed it would have appealed to a bunch of pedophiles.

I would've preferred if Clem wasn't in this season at all, and again, this is you, your opinion, I love Clementine's personality, character, and virtuous ideals which separated her from the average person in the apocalypse, and put a smile on my face. Also pedophiles has always been a thing regarding this community, and makes people who cared about her for two seasons feel awkward.

Frankly... The die hard Clem fans are getting out of control now; I was one, sure... But come on guys, I can see Clementine's flaws in Season 1/2, the model is simply just an update in engine, so of course she will look different now. If I was a giant fan of her... Then I understand, I just don't see the point of holding onto to all this grieve because of character models and attitudes over once chatacter that makes up 1/4th of the game.

The engine update was a bad choice, and I even preferred the art/comic style of season 2, I thought it looked very well-done while retaining it. Yes, Clem's appearance is a legitimate thing to complain about, and aging her is also important. Have you seen Telltale's season 3 promotions? It's all about Clementine, yet it goes to show they don't care about her necessarily. The character model isn't what I'm worried about most, it's her character, and objectively it's gone way down hill and flipped over since season 2, despite Clem suffering worse trauma in the past. So call me a die hard Clem fan, but I simply don't give much of a damn about most characters this season, besides Tripp and Javier moderately, his family, the group (Jesus is cool I guess though), they're all....boring, stale, lacking anything I find very interesting. Season 1 was probably the best in this regard, season 2 did okay (some cabin crew characters were a bit boring, but had depth), but season 3 I just don't care, so yes, I do care about Clementine the most in this series. It's been that way since season 1 (Lee cared about her the most too :^)), so try to see it from the other side. Plus I still don't know what you mean about the "Frankly... The die hard Clem fans are getting out of control now", as the ones I've seen never talk about what I do...in season 2 they pushed for a more "badass" Clementine despite her already having that sentiment (suturing her arm and getting shot in the shoulder; not complaining subsequently), and in season 3, they fucking love her no matter what, and I'm not going to lie, I used to like Clem in season 3 very much and tried damage controlling things like "uh--she's been on her o-own for 2 y-years! So that's why she's acting this way :^)." but I quit this forum, and deduced what I liked about her character, and her season 2 personality in mercy, kindness, morality, and other virtuous characteristics all made me appreciate TWDG season 1 and 2 much more, and made me realize season 3 Clem is simply not my Clementine, and acts very out of place, and then I noticed the model was a bit inaccurate as well, etc. So yes, I'm not a "die hard Clem fan" in the cliche sense where I condone every single thing she does purely off her name, but I do very much like her as a character in seasons 1 and 2, along with Lee and Kenny.

I'm not defending Telltale's bad decision of making choices not matter, but it's purely for the story as to why she's the way she is. I stil

• [removed]

I'm not defending Telltale's bad decision of making choices not matter, but it's purely for the story as to why she's the way she is. I stil

• Maybe an old friend, but that's not related to this.

• https://imgur.com/a/uNObY
    Made a quick album, after Luke tells Rebecca, you can hear her crying. So I think she reacts the same?

How does Rebecca react in s2e4 when you return to camp if you saved Sarah and Nick is already dead?

• I meant the scenario where Nick died in episode 2

https://imgur.com/a/uNObY Made a quick album, after Luke tells Rebecca, you can hear her crying. So I think she reacts the same?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.