The Last of Us Discussion Thread

Comments

• Nope.

Can this game come out any sooner?

• It was a rhetorical question, but still bummed it's coming out in a year or two. Lately I've been disappointed with the games that are coming out.

Nope.

• Ok, this is the part where Watchmojo really fucked up. Not because of this list existing, it's because they said terrible reasons.

• your first mistake was watching a watchmojo video

AronDracula posted: »

Ok, this is the part where Watchmojo really fucked up. Not because of this list existing, it's because they said terrible reasons.

• I was watching it to give me reasons why I dislike it.

your first mistake was watching a watchmojo video

• I agree. Naughty Dog is generally consistent with the quality of their video games.

I'm positive that Part II will be well worth the wait.

Naughtydog knows what they're doing.

• here's a suggestion. don't. saves your own valuable time and doesn't give watchmojo the extra ad revenue they so desperately deserve to lose.

I was watching it to give me reasons why I dislike it.

• Agreed. I have yet to play a very disappointing Naughtydog (from the like last 10 years), but at the same time I don't take Naughtydog for granted that they never will fuck something up, because one day that will happen.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I agree. Naughty Dog is generally consistent with the quality of their video games. I'm positive that Part II will be well worth the wait.

• You know, As much as I DO enjoy at least a handful of Sony Exclusives like inFAMOUS, RESISTANCE, Until Dawn, and Twisted Metal, I never really cared much for TLOU in all honesty. Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT saying this franchise is BAD by any means. I just can't get into it for some reason. The Graphics DO look AMAZING and all, but when it comes right down to it, Graphic Quality doesn't really hold much traction for someone like me who favors Graphic Performance over Graphic Quality. Again, I'm NOT saying this is BAD. I'm just saying it's NOT for ME.

• edited December 2017

It feels weird that I probably enjoy Lost Legacy and Left Behind more than the main entries. Not that the main entries of these series are bad, no way, it's just that these entries are short(-ish in the case of LL), really sweet labors of love. Good condensed experiences that still offer some fun moments you can play around with.
    It's a case of "Let's make this game that has this, and then this, and then this, etc." being great, but then having that same team do the same but using less is better in my head: "Let's do this, and this, and this, but just those things. The rest is making it the best it can possibly be." It's a Less is More kind of deal, I think. Or maybe it's just the fresh breakaway from the norm we've come to expect. Either way, I enjoy them a lot.

(These extra story expansions are a great idea for them. Giving new experiences with a new leading role. I'd love a Sam+Sully adventure with a mission that harkens back to the Museum Heist section in UC2. I adored that part, and would replay it so many times.)

• Although I haven't played either yet, I know what you mean.
    Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty is one of my favorite Ratchet & Clank games, it is a very short, sort of in-between game of the PS3 series, and I enjoyed it very much.

Anyway, will be playing Lost Legacy soon... Not sure when I can get into Left Behind, though.

AChicken posted: »

It feels weird that I probably enjoy Lost Legacy and Left Behind more than the main entries. Not that the main entries of these series are b

• R&C: QfB was a great game. It was dark, had fun puzzles, and of course, brought back the two best villains of the franchise.

Acheive250 posted: »

Although I haven't played either yet, I know what you mean. Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty is one of my favorite Ratchet & Clank

• Huh. Based on what you and Johro are saying, I should probably play it. (I've only ever played Crack in Time, and about half of the original game.)
    I own it, so I should proably get cracking. Eventually. I've got a few games I'd like to finish first. :D

Acheive250 posted: »

Although I haven't played either yet, I know what you mean. Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty is one of my favorite Ratchet & Clank

• Like Acheive said, it's very short. I mean, I don't remember how long it took on my first playthrough, but after I knew what to do, where to go, I could 100% it in about 3 hours. Still my second favourite entry after Tools of Destruction.

Huh. Based on what you and Johro are saying, I should probably play it. (I've only ever played Crack in Time, and about half of the original

• edited December 2017

Quick question: How long does The Last Of Us last? Based on your playthrough.
    edit: no pun intended

• Like 9 hours playthrough unless you're speedrunning it.

MegaXD posted: »

Quick question: How long does The Last Of Us last? Based on your playthrough. edit: no pun intended

• It really depends on how things are going behind the scenes. In the case of DNF it was a cluster fuck, since they kept sticking elements from games that were releasing at the time into it + the engine ran terribly on consoles since it wasn't made to support them . In the case of Colonial Marines it was lies and incompetence, since Gearbox used Sega's money to help fund Borderlands 1 & 2 and then another dev got involved, Timegate, the studio that actually put in the work to develop the game, who apparently ran into brick walls due to disagreements with Gearbox regarding things like the story. And then Timegate got thrown under the bus while Gearbox got off scot-free.

Though Uncharted 4 also had a bit of a troubled development history, due to disagreements between Amy Hennig and other members of the staff, and it turned out fine.

Tell that to Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines.

• Like 9 hours playthrough unless you're speedrunning it.

Wow that's a lot... did you take breaks while playing it?

• Of course.

Like 9 hours playthrough unless you're speedrunning it. Wow that's a lot... did you take breaks while playing it?

• Probably took me around 18 hours to finish on my first playthrough. I did like to explore the environments though.

Quick question: How long does The Last Of Us last? Based on your playthrough. edit: no pun intended

• I think the Future series has all my favorite Ratchet & Clank games in it. Tools of Destruction is my most favorite, Quest for Booty, a Crack in Time and Nexus (that counts in the Future series, right?) are all really good.

The remake of the original of PS4 is also very good, maybe my second favorite game in the series.
    Anyway, should probably stop there... This is the Last of Us thread, after all.

Huh. Based on what you and Johro are saying, I should probably play it. (I've only ever played Crack in Time, and about half of the original

• Probably took me around 18 hours to finish on my first playthrough. I did like to explore the environments though.

Damn... 18 hours, I like to explore everything too, so, it will take me a lot of time haha

• I don't remember how long my first playthrough was... but it was probably more closer to 18 hours than 9 hours. (What, only 9 hours?! O_o)
    In a world where a brutal hunter could be ready to ambush you at any moment, or a deadly clicker could be lurking around the corner, and every breath you take could possibly be your last, I took my merry old time.

But I took AGES at the final part because I couldn't find that damn east wing and I circled the area for quite possibly an hour and it was RIGHT THERE and I walked passed it a hundred times!! /rant over

• edited December 2017

Can’t believe people beat it so fast. Took me around 14 hours if I remember correctly the first time I played and over 20, can’t remember the exact number, to get all the collectibles on Grounded.

• I just wanted to stop by to say that I finally bought The Last Of Us: Remastered, it also came with the DLC "Left Behind". And I'll start playing tomorrow on my ps4.
    So far I just watched the trailer and a bit of someone playing Left Behind(30 seconds), but I don't know any major spoiler.
    Let's see how long it will take me to complete the game. I'll come back to comment my opinions :)

• Cool! Just a tip for first-time players: SAVOUR EVERY MOMENT.

I just wanted to stop by to say that I finally bought The Last Of Us: Remastered, it also came with the DLC "Left Behind". And I'll start pl

• Cool! Just a tip for first-time players: SAVOUR EVERY MOMENT.

Thanks! I'm going to start playing now.

• Ok, I haven't completed the game yet, and I guess I'm still far away because I like exploring the places a lot (I'm glad, I don't want it to end fast).
    Anyway; Holy shit I'm enjoying every single moment, the story, gameplay, graphics and voice acting are so good, there was one part that was hard to pass, with a lot of runners and one clicker, I died 4 times lmao
    I'm currently in the part where Joel, Ellie and Tess are in some kind of garage and Ellie is explaining how she was bitten by a runner. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until tomorrow to continue playing because my brother is playing Gta 5 now.

• Don't worry, bud. You've still got a long way to go.

Ok, I haven't completed the game yet, and I guess I'm still far away because I like exploring the places a lot (I'm glad, I don't want it to

• I had some extra money and I finally purchased The Last Of Us. I could see why so many people fell in love with this game. So hyped for the sequel now. At least I don’t have to wait much longer.

• I'm not surprised that ND is about to make the squeals (or prequels) even more enjoyable than the masterpiece of the original.

I often play LB way more than TLOU.

It feels weird that I probably enjoy Lost Legacy and Left Behind more than the main entries. Not that the main entries of these series are b

• 9-12 hours easy mode

14-18 hours harder mode

I can play grounded/survival (hardest setting) in one sitting. Did it while platinum it.

Speed run about 2 hours

• edited January 2018

mmm, yes, I wish I was you so I could replay this gift for the first time again

When you're done feel free to ask any questions and we'll answer

Ok, I haven't completed the game yet, and I guess I'm still far away because I like exploring the places a lot (I'm glad, I don't want it to

• I am seriously looking forwards to it but the fact of the matter is I might have to trade in my PS4 this for trade in money. Because I don't have a job things have been tight.

And yes I am back I've taken a huge leave from the forums. but i'm back now but I am seriously looking forward to playing at some point. I just hope that I can still play on PS4 isn't the new game playable on Ps4 pro or something??

• Trade it in for money, considering tlou 2 wont release for a while.

When tlou2 releases, buy a ps4 for a cheaper price, play it for a couple days, return it and get your money back.

I am seriously looking forwards to it but the fact of the matter is I might have to trade in my PS4 this for trade in money. Because I don't

• I don't know about you, but I definitely won't just play it for a couple of days :) I still go back to the original every now and again on the dusty, old PS3 - it's almost become like an annual tradition at this point.

Trade it in for money, considering tlou 2 wont release for a while. When tlou2 releases, buy a ps4 for a cheaper price, play it for a couple days, return it and get your money back.

• Thanks for the advice. But I would probably keep game for longer. I then to keep the physical copy of the best games in my opinion. but thanks ^_^ <3 ;)

Trade it in for money, considering tlou 2 wont release for a while. When tlou2 releases, buy a ps4 for a cheaper price, play it for a couple days, return it and get your money back.

• I am with you leafs_nation. The best games that like I keep the physical copies for a caple of years. TLOU and the DLC was a game that I keep coming back to no matter what. I keep a hold of it but would only tread unless nerressly

I don't know about you, but I definitely won't just play it for a couple of days I still go back to the original every now and again on the dusty, old PS3 - it's almost become like an annual tradition at this point.

• I'm going to learn TLOU theme song on guitar soon!^^^

• that's fantastic. When you do how about you make video of it and upload to a youtube account you can link here everyone would love to see it

I'm going to learn TLOU theme song on guitar soon!^^^

Sign in to comment in this discussion.