Game available for pre-order now!

edited February 2011 in Jurassic Park
The JP site is up now and the game is available for pre-order.

I have a question, at the end of the season will there be a complimentary DVD like all the other Telltale games? So far I haven't seen any mention of it.

Edit: There will be an end of season DVD, as confirmed by Alan later in the tread :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    They make it sound like lower price of BTTF is because lower quality product compared to their Jurassic Park game.
  • edited February 2011
    There are no benefits of preordering apart from the 5 bucks disccount? I hoped at least an exclusive forum :(
  • edited February 2011
    I'm quite sure there'll be one later. They may have felt there's no need for one yet.
  • edited February 2011
    Gonna need more info on this one since it is not a standard Telltale game from all accounts.
  • edited February 2011
    i think telltale has given me too many free things. I'm finding myself hesitant to preorder, since i don't see any free game or store discount or whatever bundled.
  • edited February 2011
    There is an expiration date for the offer (other than game launching day on April)?
    I'm finding myself a little hesitant to preorder, too. I'll eventually preorder anyway, because JP is a game I really want, but I was hoping for a store discount or something (there's a few T-shirts and things I'd like to buy, and my personal budget is not as big as it used to be a few months ago...)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Indeed, I second the question: Where's the Season DVD offer?

I'm not sure if I'll buy this. Also, absolutely nothing is announced to justify a pre-order this time. No special forum, contest, exclusive information, deals. Nothing is announced concerning gameplay except the ugly "Heavy Rain" clone idea, and that sounds even worse gameplay-wise than BTTF. Give now, we'll deliver in April: That just doesn't work any more. :(
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, it would be nice to know if there will be a DVD if we pre-order now. And what about the exclusive forum? I'm sure there will be one, but I just wanna be sure.

Although I can't wait to pre-order... I'll probably do it today.
  • edited February 2011
    I'll buy the DVD too. If the gameplay is good, that is.
  • edited February 2011
    Hmm. From the trailer, it doesn't seem to give off the feel of Telltale's other games. I might wait a bit to learn more before pre-ordering.
  • edited February 2011
    Well I just preordered out of curiousity be interesting to see what telltale did with this.
  • edited February 2011
    I want a direct comfirmation from a Telltale dude if possible, but, if i pre-order it now for 5 bucks off, will i be able to dwnload it from steam in April since its Prepaid or do i gotta wait for a disk or somethin? Please help!
  • edited February 2011
    If you order it off the TellTale website they send it to you in the "Your Games" section at the top right hand corner of the website. This is what I gathered from the email I got anyway.
  • edited February 2011
    i pre ordered the game via my pc...if the game is release on ps3 and XBLA will i have to stick to my pc or will i be able to use some kind of code to download on ps3?
  • edited February 2011
    I think a different perchase is needed if you want it on the PSN or XBLA. Think of it the same way as CD's. If you're buying the PC version you can't use it on a PS3. If you're getting it on a PS3 you can't use it on the PC.
  • edited February 2011
    I think a different perchase is needed if you want it on the PSN or XBLA. Think of it the same way as CD's. If you're buying the PC version you can't use it on a PS3. If you're getting it on a PS3 you can't use it on the PC.

This is correct. Until Telltale develop a cloud system like Valve are doing with Steam and Portal 2 for PC and PS3 you will have to perchance the game on different platforms separately.
  • edited February 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    This is correct. Until Telltale develop a cloud system like Valve are doing with Steam and Portal 2 for PC and PS3 you will have to perchance the game on different platforms separately.

That's not really a "cloud system" that's just Valve giving you a Steam activation code in the box with the PS3 version, which is brilliant marketing since it just means more Steam users.

You are on to something though in that eventually, years or even decades down the road, games will likely be contained on services that you can access through streaming on many different devices from PCs to phones or even consoles (or set-top PCs that act as consoles). The downside to this of course is that you will never really own anything, and the death of a service means the death of a game.
  • edited February 2011
    Any news on the system requirments? Hoping to be able to play this on my laptop, which runs Back To The Future fine on medium settings.
  • edited February 2011
    Any news on the system requirments? Hoping to be able to play this on my laptop, which runs Back To The Future fine on medium settings.

The site on steam is up, and they show System requirements:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/94540/?snr=1_4_4__105_1
  • edited February 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    The site on steam is up, and they show System requirements:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/94540/?snr=1_4_4__105_1

Same as Back to the Future then. Sweet.
  • edited February 2011
    Wish there were pre-orders on Steam though :-/
  • edited February 2011
    Jeaz wrote: »
    Wish there were pre-orders on Steam though :-/

Ya i feel u there, was all ready with my card and everything when i heard teh Steam page was up!
  • edited February 2011
    I really really wish this game was on 360 :(
  • edited February 2011
    I really really wish this game was on 360 :(

All the reporters were playing the demo on 360 so it's very likely to come out on that console.
  • edited February 2011
    All the reporters were playing the demo on 360 so it's very likely to come out on that console.

They were playing it on a computer with wired 360 controllers.
  • edited February 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    They were playing it on a computer with wired 360 controllers.

Is that right? I wasn't looking too closely. Have they announced what platforms it's going to be on or are we still waiting?
  • edited February 2011
    Is that right? I wasn't looking too closely. Have they announced what platforms it's going to be on or are we still waiting?

Right now they have announced PC and Mac.
  • edited February 2011
    Hopefully my new Lappy can handle it.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm thinking I'm holding off my preorder for a bit....
    If the BttF preorder period was any indication there might be sweeter deals coming along.
    (but for everyone's sake, I hope I'm wrong!)
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Ya i feel u there, was all ready with my card and everything when i heard teh Steam page was up!

Purchasing from Telltale directly gives more money to the developers and also gets you a free collector's DVD (for every series before this anyway), so consider doing so. You already have an account here obviously.
  • edited February 2011
    If it's digital only, I'll pass on it for a few years. If it requires Steam no matter how you purchase it, then I'll take a pass on it forever.
  • edited February 2011
    Since they keep tossing around "Heavy Rain inspired" I would be really surprised if it didn't come to the PS3 with Motion control support.
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Since they keep tossing around "Heavy Rain inspired" I would be really surprised if it didn't come to the PS3 with Motion control support.

Best Idea ever.
  • edited February 2011
    I want a direct comfirmation from a Telltale dude if possible, but, if i pre-order it now for 5 bucks off, will i be able to dwnload it from steam in April since its Prepaid or do i gotta wait for a disk or somethin? Please help!

No plans to offer Steam connectivity for copies of the game purchased through our site at this time.
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »

I second that as well. move support would be great.
  • edited February 2011
    No plans to offer Steam connectivity for copies of the game purchased through our site at this time.

Okay thanks man!!!! Guess i'll wait till' April to get it on Steam like with BTTF so I can give you guys more of the money you deserve for this badass game!
  • edited February 2011
    Okay thanks man!!!! Guess i'll wait till' April to get it on Steam like with BTTF so I can give you guys more of the money you deserve for this badass game!

You give Telltale more money if you buy it directly from them, instead of Valve taking a cut as a middleman.
  • edited February 2011
    You give Telltale more money if you buy it directly from them, instead of Valve taking a cut as a middleman.

*Incorrect*
    Atleast i think so! I heard that for this game TT is getting 100% and Steam is taking none so if that is correct then i'm happy, taking a risk to make a revolutionary game, whether its within your company or worldwide gaming is great! That is what Trespasser tried (yes im referring to it again) and "failed" but now it seems TTG might just succeed and make the greatest JP game in the history of JP games... and i'm going to be there when you learn that!
  • edited February 2011
    I heard that for this game TT is getting 100% and Steam is taking none so if that is correct then i'm happy,

I don't know where you heard that but it is almost certainly incorrect. Valve are nice people but not that nice. I'm sure they will take a percentage of profits from all Steam sales.
  • edited February 2011
    Absolutely nothing is announced to justify a pre-order this time. No special forum, contest, exclusive information, deals...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.