Should Jurassic Park The Game have a season 2?

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Yes telltale, please do it for your fans, i really enjoyed it just as much as most of everyone else here, making it longer and setting it during the events of the second film. Please and thank you TellTale :)
  • edited January 2012
    Telltale should get into animated films. They're great story tellers and the story of season one Jurassic park would have made a great animated film (which some would argue it basicly was one ;P)
  • edited January 2012
    ^^^^yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • edited February 2012
    I think Jurassic Park is better off as a one and done game. There's no need for a second season.
  • edited February 2012
    Telltale should get into animated films. They're great story tellers and the story of season one Jurassic park would have made a great animated film (which some would argue it basicly was one ;P)

They could make a really cool Jurassic park animated TV series like Universal has been promising for 20 years, lol. "TellTale Animation"
    I think Jurassic Park is better off as a one and done game. There's no need for a second season.
    I cant express how much I agree with this, the first one was amazing despite what some people may say. We already know Telltale is most likely going to make a second season or is already setting it up, but I dont think they should. This is by far one of the greatest Jurassic Park games of all time, and that is saying a lot since there have been a lot of JP games since 1993. Because of this I think they should just leave it as it is.
  • edited February 2012
    If it is to be longer (which I wish) it might even try to combine the two films . For example , it could explain what happened to Laura's assistant ; he might had set up something or even had a conspiracy along with Laura . Afterall we never saw that he really died ! ! ! Or - as another example - just a few moments before the bombers released their load onto the island , they turned back after a mysterious order ! Anyway , I think there are ways to combine the two stories and therefore create a larger game this time !

Edit :
    Oh ! I got another idea ! They don't have to use the second film at all ! They may keep it for a third game ! We can always go to Sorna without having to move forward into the future . That is the game may take place on both islands as a prequel , or - as I said - combine the two films , for instance it may start after the events of the 1st film (or the 1st game) , go back to the past on Sorna , in order to completely explain the events that led to this situation and keep going after the 1st film again !
  • edited February 2012
    The gameplay was making sure you hit the buttons correctly and on time to avoid death. It was also search different areas for clues on what to do next as well as solving some puzzles before advancing to the next area. I swear, both of you are blind.

That isn't gameplay, thats just lazy development.
    And searching for clues!? they may as well have left notes infront of the clues as they were that obvious.
  • edited February 2012
    I am afraid that would lead to a more "adventure" kind of game (that is solve puzzles etc , not action) , which wouldn't fit JP kind of adventure .
  • edited February 2012
    yes of course thay should
  • edited February 2012
    i think it would be a good idea but smoother gameplay would be awsome as well wht i think would be cool is if it involved muldoon... after the incident of jurassic. because he never dies in the books and in the comics that are a continuation of the movies he survives n explains how. so something with him and id say on isla sorna at the time of hurricane clarissa like maybe something happens n he has to go n save hammond or a few of the workers
  • edited March 2012
    I would love to see a game which revolves around the events that got Isla Sorna abandonded in the first place, the hurricane and what-not. Maybe this could also explain how that Spinosaurus came to be, in a similar way to how they explained all the Dilo's are hatchlings.

Why you guys being so negative? It was a brilliant game, I you guys must have spotted some errors that I haven't, cause it seems to run perfectly well to me.
  • edited March 2012
    This was a great game Would like to see another season would definitely buy Game was unique with great gameplay, graphics and story xbox 360 was not buggy People worked very hard to bring a quality game to us
  • edited March 2012
    yeah this is a great game great story no bugs i liked the graphics very modern and better than in most other games gameplay was unique and fun you all havent even played the game but i did TTG worked very hard so lets all love em please ok
  • edited March 2012
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    yeah this is a great game great story no bugs i liked the graphics very modern and better than in most other games gameplay was unique and fun you all havent even played the game but i did TTG worked very hard so lets all love em please ok

Haha, that actually made me laugh. Are you high?
  • edited March 2012
    they should do that they get tricked to go on the island and the movie is like the same time jurassic park 3
  • edited March 2012
    I'd like to see what happened on Sorna prior to the films. There's a huge complex, parts of fences everywhere, there's even a wrecked tour Explorer in JPIII if you watch closely.

Clearly, some stuff went down on Site B that was major.
  • edited March 2012
    T163 wrote: »
    there's even a wrecked tour Explorer in JPIII if you watch closely.

where is this?
  • edited March 2012
    RexMaster wrote: »
    where is this?

605px-I079165.jpg

Here's a screencap. The Explorer is just to the left there.
  • edited March 2012
    T163 wrote: »
    605px-I079165.jpg

Here's a screencap. The Explorer is just to the left there.

Oh nice, I never noticed that, thanks!
  • edited March 2012
    After watching The Walking Dead gameplay I am now even more convinced that Jurassic Park The Game should have a Season 2. I'm not sure what they're doing diffrently with TWD that they didn't do for JP but the frame rate looks very smooth, and the gameplay looks more in line with what some wanted for Jurassic Park.
  • edited March 2012
    I enjoyed JP, but I have to say that I don't expect a second season. It didn't do nearly as well as Back to the Future, nor did JP leave an opening for a sequel as they did with BttF.
  • edited April 2012
    So I've just been thinking about what it would be about if TT made another season and I remembered in the movie TLW when they were getting onto the helicopter, Ian asked what about the others and they said they would have another chopper come. So then I just made up my own plot that goes along with a female pilot along with two male rescuers to land down and retrieve any of the remaining people, and as they're flying away something could happen such as a pteranodon attacking the helicopter, or before they could leave the raptors come back.

Just some stuff I thought would seem nice as a story.
  • edited April 2012
    AndrewF wrote: »
    So I've just been thinking about what it would be about if TT made another season and I remembered in the movie TLW when they were getting onto the helicopter, Ian asked what about the others and they said they would have another chopper come. So then I just made up my own plot that goes along with a female pilot along with two male rescuers to land down and retrieve any of the remaining people, and as they're flying away something could happen such as a pteranodon attacking the helicopter, or before they could leave the raptors come back.

Just some stuff I thought would seem nice as a story.

I do believe that there was a scene that was planned to be something like that in the actual movie but it was left out :/ would be great if TellTale did that if they make a season 2.
  • edited April 2012
    I don't know... they never did make a second season for any of the other licenses, did they?
  • edited April 2012
    FrankT wrote: »
    I don't know... they never did make a second season for any of the other licenses, did they?

Sam & Max
  • edited April 2012
    Well Back to The Future is open for another season (it says To Be Contuned at the end of episode 5)
  • edited April 2012
    I really don't think it should. Moreso than any of Telltale's other games, Jurassic Park really didn't seem to leave anywhere else to go at the end.

And I honestly don't think I'd even want another one. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Jurassic Park: The Game, but what I enjoyed most was how well it captured the film and the nostalgia it brought out. But you can only really play the nostalgia card once and without it, there are only two directions a new game can go. It can either take us in a new, exciting and different direction - and risk alienating and angering many of the original fans. Or, it can give us the same experience as the first one - which essentially means giving us the same basic story that we've now experienced four times already. I'd rather it just stood on its own.
  • edited April 2012
    They better not even consider a sequal/second JP game until they do some serious overhaul and patching on the game they already have. From absolutely horrendous framerates to poor texturing (BTTF, though a more vibrant pallet was a lot sharper) there is a lot that needs to be drastically improved.

Honestly I hope the guys who own IPs like Jurassic Park learn from this and stop selling the IPs to the first bidder yet dont have the budget (telltale) or the motivation/dedication (Uwe Bol) to do the IP justice.
  • edited April 2012
    If there is a season 2, it would be awesome if they made it like the first book, have all the main characters from the movie, and have it closely adapted to the book, seriously though, who wouldn't love to see Dr. Grant, Telltale Style, he does deserve a makeover since his SNES days!
  • edited April 2012
    i would like the spinosaurus in the 2 gameJurassicParkSPINO.jpg&w=400&h=258&ei=zSKVT9byGo-ciAev5OSLDQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=351&sig=105595841730877737164&page=1&tbnh=118&tbnw=157&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:69&tx=72&ty=30
  • edited April 2012
    I sure hope they make another game!
  • edited April 2012
    if they made the second game i would like to see the spinosaurus because he rocks
  • edited May 2012
    I think the plot should take place after Malcolm and the others escaped the island. A search party is sent out to find other survivors but they got stuck on the island too and now the search party and other survivors must escape Isla Sorna. I think gameplay should be similar to the first game but you should control the character and have them explore their surroundings until something happens. What do you think?
  • edited May 2012
    No, I hate to say. I wasn't really into it.

They also need to fix the games mechanics if they plan to bring it back. I spammed most of the quick time events since the wasn't any consequence to pressing the incorrect button. I didn't feel much for the characters in the game either. Plus the wasn't much their to change the story. It just felt like a game full of quick time events really.

No branching story where your choices unfold and change things. It felt very linear. Like I was being told a story rather than making my own.

I assume the is only two endings. I didn't come back for a second play through.

This game almost put me off buying The Walking Dead game because I didn't really enjoy it as my first Telltale game.

Happy to say I am enjoying The Walking Dead though.

But if they do plan to continue they really need to go back to the drawing board. But I can't see myself buying it.
  • edited May 2012
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    I think the plot should take place after Malcolm and the others escaped the island. A search party is sent out to find other survivors but they got stuck on the island too and now the search party and other survivors must escape Isla Sorna. I think gameplay should be similar to the first game but you should control the character and have them explore their surroundings until something happens. What do you think?

I agree, that's basically what the post I made last was about.
  • edited May 2012
    I can see another game coming out of it based on how the ending was. There is so much more to be discovered and learned. What if there were other people on the island? What happened to Dr.Sorkins assistant? What did they do while the Dinosaurs were escaping? Did Jess, Nima and Gerry know where they were going when they got to the boat, or did they hit land and learn it is Site B? A lot of ideas here....
  • edited May 2012
    Yep, they could make second game based on the same island, with different characters and new locations...Isla nublar is a huge place...I mean they can revisit iconic locations like Visitor center (this time with properly made control room), but there is so much left to explore - Main park gates area, helipad, Hammond's Lodge, River adventure, Car Garage, Villas, Pterosaur Lodge...and imagine all this with gameplay from Walking Dead...Pleasse telltale, make it happen!
  • edited May 2012
    How about they finish season 1 first (on the iPAD)!
  • edited May 2012
    yes make a season 2 so the spinosaurus can be in it
  • edited May 2012
    I would love to see a Isla Sorna game
Sign in to comment in this discussion.