The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2013

Originally posted by Alcoremortis:

This place is so empty.

Makes me sad.

Sharing the profound sadness.

We need all those people back. The new forum was the last straw, but it was only that. They could cope with the new forum all right. The bridge that needs to be built though, that's Telltale making mind challenging games again.

This place is so empty. Makes me sad.

• They don't even really need to be that mind challenging. I mean, Tales of Monkey Island wasn't exactly a brain teaser, but it was something that everyone (well, all the oldhats) wanted to play.

• Or, they could just release a Strip Poker Ladies Night At The Inventory. With all new jigglebone physics.

I'd sure as fuck pay the FUCK out of this game if it would include Aeris from VG Cats.

edited September 2013

it was something that everyone (well, all the oldhats) wanted to play.

Sigh, 'everyone' has been redefined. The oldhats were a minority, but at least they kept the forum afloat.

They don't even really need to be that mind challenging.

No, but at least there has to be a left or right hemisphere present. ;)

Or, they could just release a Strip Poker Ladies Night At The Inventory.

They've just fallen IN Anita Sarkeesian's graces, for crying out loud!

• maybe once the wolf among us comes out there will be some new people on the forums

• I, myself, am becoming weaned of this place. I'm really only sticking around until my postcount gets to over 8000.

• Quick! Vainamoinen, delete half her posts so she stays forever!

I, myself, am becoming weaned of this place. I'm really only sticking around until my postcount gets to over 8000.

• I could delete the leftover whatever threads, that would serve the purpose. Then again... people would kill me.

Let's see how the posts and new member influx is going after Telltale announces new franchises. After TWD, I'd assume they were pretty much able to take their pick. Heck, I'd assume even a Mass Effect ESG is not out of the question.

But I'm not used to Alco being THAT half assed. She's going after the big 10,000 no doubt.

Friar posted: »

Quick! Vainamoinen, delete half her posts so she stays forever!

• edited September 2013

I just wanted to be able to say, "IT'S OVER EIGHT THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!" before crushing my smartphone in my hand and running off to fight robots from the future.

Of course, given how slow my posting rate has gotten, 200 posts will probably take about four years or so.

• I like things that go fast
    Because I know that good things don't ever last
    I like believeing in what I want to
    Don't like no one to tell me what to do
    And I like the times that we've had
    But I cound't tell you what's good or bad
    I'm only hoping that you understand
    This feeling that I'm feeling when I'm holding your hand

I know what I like
    I know what I like to do
    I know what I like, well what about you?

I like the sound of breaking glass
    And if you don't believe me, why do you ask?
    I like leaving town, and coming back home
    I'm going to show you, when we're all alone
    I like staying up all night
    Watching old movies 'til the morning light
    I don't pretend to know what's right or wrong
    But I won't like leaving, if I stay here too long

I know what I like
    I know what I like to do

I like things that don't change
    Because the more something changes, the more it stays the same
    I might be simple, take it easy sometimes
    But I can be stubborn when I've made up my mind

I know what I like
    I know what I like to do

• The Plot for the “Curse of Monkey Island” movie.

The film starts out with a pirate stealing a glowing jewel, the "Eye of the Monkey", from the head of a stone monkey idol. The pirate falls, and the jewel is taken from him by LeChuck, who appears in human form. The jewel is the final ingredient he needs to execute his evil plan. Suddenly infuriated monkeys appear, chasing away LeChuck and his crew. LeChuck then throws the jewel to Murray, who is his second-in-command and still in possession of most (if not all) of his body parts below the head, commanding him to guard the jewel with his life.
    When the pirates reach the safety of their ship, they are attacked by a fleet of ironclad ships, commanded by Elaine Marley, Captain of the Navy's Anti-Pirate Armada. LeChuck manages to escape from the scene of the battle by firing a smart cannonball. LeChuck's ship's pirate flag then sinks in the ocean, eventually arriving at Mêlée Island, where it is picked up by Guybrush Threepwood, who is then a twenty-year-old chum-bait fisherman, dressed in a polyester pirate costume. He lives on a houseboat that's done up like a miniature pirate ship, together with Sam, his pet monkey.
    Guybrush returns to the bait company HQ, where he threatens to quit his job, like he does every day. His boss, Sean Cannery, does not take him seriously however. Depressed, he starts talking to a statue on the docks, which actually speaks back to him, telling him to follow his dream.
    Meanwhile, back at sea, Elaine is on LeChuck's tail. Murray devises a plan to get rid of her: create a decoy and then escape to Voodoo Island. The pirates like this plan, which LeChuck presents as his own, and break out in singing. Guybrush hears this and looks up to see LeChuck's magnificent ship pass in front of him. This inspires him so that he decides to follow the ship, sailing after it with his own boat.
    In the Scumm Bar, LeChuck tries to recruit new crew members, but he doesn't succeed - the bar patrons are all afraid of him. Guybrush walks by the Scumm Bar and hears LeChuck's speech, and he is interested in joining LeChuck in his master plan of uniting all pirates under one black flag. Guybrush is tasked with finding the Treasure of Monkey Island, and he is given LeChuck's ship. Six barflies from the Scumm Bar sign up with Guybrush' crew, after receiving bribe money and death threats. LeChuck hands Guybrush his Monkey Island map, and he promises to find the treasure or die trying.
    LeChuck and his crew are now on Guybrush' (much too small) houseboat, and the decoy seems to be working: Elaine is now pursuing Guybrush, who is captaining LeChuck's former ship. Guybrush' crew turn out to be a bit of an unruly lot, and while they argue amongst themselves, Elaine has come aboard to imprison Guybrush and his crew on their own ship. Through a cunning plan involving a cannon, he manages to escape, however. The cannonball used in this escape attempt sets off a chain reaction, eventually sinking all the ships in Elaine's fleet. Now the tables are turned: Elaine is Guybrush' prisoner.
    On Voodoo Island, LeChuck meets with a man-hungry Sea Hag to execute his secret plan of using the Eye of the Monkey to revive all dead pirates, so he can unite all pirates living and dead. When the moment comes to add the final ingredient, the Eye of the Monkey, Murray pulls it out of his pocket. Or rather, it turns out to be one of Sam's walnuts. This so angers the Spirits of the Dead that they turn LeChuck and his crew into zombie skeletons. LeChuck realizes Guybrush and Sam must have stolen the jewel and replaced it with a walnut, so he sets off after them, together with the Sea Hag.
    When Guybrush reveals to his crew that their destination is Monkey Island, they are terrified, because the waters surrounding it are known for their sea monsters. He tries to convince them there's nothing to fear, but he doesn't succeed, as a baby sea monster just came on deck. Guybrush faces off against the creature, showing off in front of Elaine, but then the baby's mother appears, and she's angry. The crew flee, leaving only Guybrush and Elaine to fight off the sea monster. They now have to unite against a common enemy. They shoot the baby sea monster away with a cannon (which he apparently rather enjoys), forcing the mother to leave the battle to go after her child.
    Guybrush and his crew, together with Elaine and Sam arrive on Monkey Island, where they find the monkey idol. Guybrush approaches it, thinking he has found the treasure, but is stopped by an angry horde of monkeys. Sam then saves the day when he returns the Eye of the Monkey, and he is hailed by the monkeys of Monkey Island as a hero. Guybrush still keeps looking for the treasure, but his crew abandons him. Elaine tries to convince him to give up working for LeChuck and just enjoy himself, but deep inside, Guybrush is still a bait-boy, following orders.
    Back on his ship, Guybrush encounters zombie LeChuck, who tells him that if he can bring him back the Eye of the Monkey, he can still be a member of his crew. He is hesitant at first, but LeChuck manages to convince him to go back to the island and attempt getting back the jewel. He removes the Eye from its socket again. With all the monkeys and Elaine against him, Guybrush still insists on following his dreams of becoming a pirate. He takes the jewel to LeChuck and his zombie crew. When the ceremony is again performed (using some of Guybrush' blood against his will), it succeeds. Pirate ships rise up from the ocean everywhere, crewed by skeleton pirates. Some of the ships even fly.
    Elaine, together Guybrush' crew, attacks LeChuck, but they are no match for the innumerable Dead Sea Pirates. Guybrush then comes to his senses, knowing it's up to him to do something. He asks Sam to throw him a sword, but all he can find is a fishing rod. While the monkeys battle it out with the pirates, Guybrush manages to snag the jewel from LeChuck using his fishing rod. Brandishing it, he orders the Dead Sea Pirates to stand down for a captain's duel. Guybrush is on the losing hand when Elaine fires a cannon at LeChuck, which contained not a cannonball, but the baby sea monster who had sneaked in for another flight. The baby's monster then devours LeChuck. Guybrush orders the Dead Sea Pirates to return to their watery graves, which they do (but not before taking some treasure with them). Guybrush returns the Eye of the Monkey to its former place once and for all, and says goodbye to Sam, who has decided to stay with his fellow monkeys on Monkey Island. Guybrush and Elaine embrace aboard the houseboat, and they set off into the sunset, heading for Mêlée Island, cheered on by their crew.

• I'm on day three of my fast. I did three days last week. Right now I'm running up against the hunger wall.

• I want Telltale to mail me a block of cheese.

• I want cheese to block me a mail of Telltale.

• Telltale of mail a me block to cheese want I.

• I want cheese to block me a mail of Telltale.

Current Telltale or Classic Telltale? 'cause if we're ordering, I know which I'd prefer.

• edited September 2013

Aged Telltale with champagne, please.

I want cheese to block me a mail of Telltale. Current Telltale or Classic Telltale? 'cause if we're ordering, I know which I'd prefer.

• edited September 2013

You guys have to make a Twilight zone Game series!

• They already did. It came out last year, around May.

blueplain posted: »

You guys have to make a Twilight zone Game series!

• Friar posted: »

They already did. It came out last year, around May.

edited September 2013

Friar made a joke. He's usually better at the punchlines, trust me on that one.

• edited September 2013

I hate Fridays.

• edited September 2013

Back in high school, I wrote a bunch of Sherlock Holmes stories. Here are the premises of them.

The Adventure of the Christmas Ornament: A millionaire is found dead from a stab wound in his home on Christmas Eve. The only clues are a pen knife stained in blood and a shattered red Christmas tree ornament.

The Adventure of the Wolf Man: A series of brutal murders strike in a holiday town on the coast of Devon. A witness claims that she saw a giant dog-like man fleeing from the scene, and rumors of a werewolf surface.

The Adventure of the Puritan Musket: A woman is shot to death when a 16th century musket falls of the rack and discharges. Some believe it to be an accident. Holmes suspects otherwise.

The Adventure of the Red Leech: Holmes narrates to Watson how he and his brother Mycroft solved a brutal series of occult murders while schoolboys at Oxford University.

The Adventure of the Crystal Ball: Hired by Scotland Yard to expose a phony medium/millionaire, Holmes is faced with a great dilemma when Watson's wife is kidnapped from her home. The demand: cease their investigation or Mary Watson dies.

The Adventure of the Hangman's Noose: Holmes and Watson are invited to Lord Manchester's house in the countryside, with one of the other guests being Sir Henry Baskerville. It all goes quite well until a woman is found hanged... In Sir Henry's bedroom closet.

The Adventure of the Highland Claymore: A sword belonging to one of Watson's ancestors becomes famous when it is stolen from his home and used to implicate him in the murder of a boisterous client. Running against time, Holmes has two days to prove Watson's innocence before he is hanged.

The Adventure of the Grandfather Clock: Holmes is called to a large estate outside of London to solve the disappearance of a promiscuous woman. It seems at first like a simple kidnapping until a blood-soaked axe is found in the dining room's grandfather clock.

The Adventure of the Vanishing Corpse: A man runs to Baker Street and informs Holmes that his brother has been murdered in his home. They run to the home to find no blood, no sign of struggle, and no corpse.

The Adventure of the Black Crow: A man is found stabbed to death in his bathtub one night, and Holmes realizes that the murder resembles another death that took place eight months before. Then Holmes receives a threatening series of letters from the killer, who calls himself "The Black Crow."

A Study In Silver: When two hundred thousand pounds worth of silver are stolen and miraculously reappears in the vault it was stolen from the next day, Holmes and Watson set off on a manhunt that take them all the way to Paris, where they must capture an adversary so clever that even Holmes might not catch him. His name: Arsene Lupin, the greatest thief in all the world.

• bluepain wrote: No they didnt http://www.telltalegames.com/games/

Not all of Telltale's games are listed there. Bone for example.

But Vainomoinen is right, it was a joke. I did have a whole elaborate scheme planned involving broken links and photoshop, but I'm too ill to be bothered with it. You have been spared! Stupid flu jabs...

blueplain posted: »

No they didnt http://www.telltalegames.com/games/

• Sega will not be bringing Yakuza 5 westward because of low sales. Remember folks, these are the people who own Atlus, a company with a western branch that focuses on bringing low selling niche Japanese titles to the west. You fail, Sega.

• Well I have not been here that much since me and a few other people from TWD sub forum made there own forum, but that is changing. Because the URL has the words Telltale Forum, they are closing us on October 7th, wonderful.

• That sucks. If your forum software supports it you should make an sql dump of the content on your current forums so that you can rebuild it on another forum instance. Otherwise you can crawl it and rebuild it pretty much as it is if you get a new host and a database with insert permission and have someone relatively skilled in programming and sql.

• That is what we are doing now, but it would be easier if we could just change the URL to not mention Telltale or the forum, but nope that is not good enough, god people are pissed over there, there is not rhyme or reason as to why now after a month?

• Yeah, that's pretty shitty, but it's a good thing you at least have a solution in place. You've managed to create a lot of content there already.

• We have done are best, thanks man.

• edited September 2013

I kind of thought something like that would happen when I saw the address. Sucks that they wont let you simply change it.

• That trailer isn't as awesome SSBB sonic reveal trailer. That was awesome. Iwata really doesn't have the charisma to make people excited, I think.

That is all.

• edited October 2013

Dear Telltale,

Are you going to hold a Halloween Art Contest this year?

Sincerely,

Klatuu

• I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "nope".

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Are you going to hold a Halloween Art Contest this year?

Probably not an art contest, but depending on the timing of the season premiere, we may do a cosplay contest for The Wolf Among Us.

• edited October 2013

I want to string up a Tea Party Republican and hit him with a stick.

That is what is on my mind.

• It's my birthday and I don't fucking care!

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop-de-loop!

• Bill O'reilly wrote a book called Killing Jesus, he says that the holy spirit told him to do it. ( Is it just me or does that seem a little creepy.) He goes on to say that Jesus wasn't killed because he was the messiah but because he interfered with the money flow when he upturned the tables in the temple. he also claims his new book is not about religion but history. I guess killing Lincoln and Kennedy wasn't enough.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.