The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yooo I'm not insane for a sec! This might actually get me back into DBD next month! My boy Alan Wake joins the survivors!

• My favorite killer is Ghost Face and Chucky is hilarious.

AChicken posted: »

Yooo I'm not insane for a sec! This might actually get me back into DBD next month! My boy Alan Wake joins the survivors!

• GOOD NEWS WOLF FANS! WE ARE PLEASED TO SAY IN AN EFFORT TO FINISH THE GAME ON TIME WE HAVE PARTNERED WITH BRUNER HOUSE WHO WILL TAKE OVER PRODUCTION AND DELIVER THE THE FIRST OF 3 UNFORGETTABLE EPISODES OF WOLF AMONG US 2!

• Hot take: Dutch van der Linde was always a con man, a charlatan. He showed his true colors. The brain injury just made it more obvious and hurt his subtlety. THE PLAN! MANGOS IN TAHITI!

bruzdaa posted: »

what is the definition of insanity?

• Such a dark place, am I trapped in here?

• It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

• Clearly the reason Wolf 2 is taking so long is because they've been waiting for Steamboat Willie's copyright to end and implement him in the game as the main antagonist.

• Honestly I feel like there's a non-zero chance that's true. It would be kind of fun.

lupinb0y posted: »

Clearly the reason Wolf 2 is taking so long is because they've been waiting for Steamboat Willie's copyright to end and implement him in the game as the main antagonist.

• edited January 12

I can see it now...

GET HIS ASS BIGBY

Honestly I feel like there's a non-zero chance that's true. It would be kind of fun.

• Well I finally played the Expanse bonus episode.
    I will say, there are some interesting positives and some expected negatives unfortunately.

• I liked the spin of this being a sort of "bottle episode" in the bunker, having to find a way to communicate outside and do your job.
    • The feeling of isolation was well-captured overall I think.
    • The ending (or pre-ending) I thought was very well executed. Great emotional twist and was very well directed.

• Overall the bonus episode was pretty dang linear. Or at least that's what it felt like (probably given how the rest of the series unfolded)

• The grand political scheming and info-reading might be cool to a fan, but again, felt like being thrown into the deep end as a newbie and having little context or interest in reading about all the goings-ons.
    • I get that the budget was probably limited for this one, but it did kinda suck that most of the conversations on your special holo-computer were all towards tiny thumbnails of people. Would have loved to see someone with a face-cam or something lol

Decent, but still not my jam unfortunately.
    Also was juuuust over an hour long, which I guess was fine given the situation of the episode.

• That DLC episode was still so strange. Was really weird with how they also just dropped it out no where and the announcement trailer had a water mark on it. I would also say that bonus episode was easily the worst when it came to the Expanse problem of if you are not familiar with the series sucks for you.

Really hoping that early news really do be early. Ever sense the lay off news Telltale really stopped being active. I hope Expanse didn't end up killing their momentum when the news finally does happen. I feel like after Expanse not being the most well received then the lay off news a lot of people are just unhappy and are far more critical and less likely to show good will right now. We can't be sure how much of Expanse changed anything for Wolf but for most people it doesn't matter if it did or didn't. Releasing a game with little interest while everyone is waiting for the other one and then having lay offs right after looks really bad.

Well I finally played the Expanse bonus episode. I will say, there are some interesting positives and some expected negatives unfortunately

• I would also say that bonus episode was easily the worst when it came to the Expanse problem of if you are not familiar with the series sucks for you.

Yeah, it's like, I understood a bit of it -- like, the character is a very powerful woman, ruthless and committed to keeping The Belt "Safe" -- since a lot of the choices for her were still pretty limited to that, just different flavours of how to respond.

But I don't really know how this relates to the main game, or even the show for that matter, whether this is a prequel or not, whether this is some original story or based on some existing lore... ugh, idk if you're a fan I guess it's a treat, but for me it truly was one of the episodes of all time.
    And a lot of the lore being relayed through long info texts and intel documents on the star map really didn't help either. Just... made it pretty cumbersome to me to even try to read through it.

Poogers555 posted: »

That DLC episode was still so strange. Was really weird with how they also just dropped it out no where and the announcement trailer had a w

• For whatever reason Expanse follows the same kind of design as Life is Strange did and I do not understand why because Expanse does not work at all that way. Both true colors and Expanse's bonus episodes focus on a single character in a small single area. They also both have an episode where a large chunk is character dying and hallucinating although Expanse's episode was far worse when they did it. Bur really end of the day I think the one thing I really did not like about Expanse was how completely unfriendly it is if you did not know the series before. Had they said the game was meant for Expanse fans, then fine. But the constant "This is a great starting point" is not accurate at all.

I would also say that bonus episode was easily the worst when it came to the Expanse problem of if you are not familiar with the series suck

• If Poogers played Rhino:

"Chase of wolves! I HATE CHASE OF WOLVES!!!!!"

• The only wolf 2 news we got in 2023 is that it got delayed

Let that sink in

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

To be fair, that wasn't very unexpected, since they delayed it very early into the year. The only time we realistically could have gotten news was around TGA.

The only wolf 2 news we got in 2023 is that it got delayed Let that sink in

• The modding community for Arkham Knight is phenomenal and I'm so jealous. (Also just damn that engine will age like a fiiiine wine...)

The animated series suit, gorgeous. Joker-themed batsuit? Epic.
    Telltale Series Batsuits?? Hell yeah!

• Why doesn't Alan Wake just not write horror? Is he stupid?

• I can't believe AW2 actually had an unedited 2-minute clip of Ilkka Villi specifically used for the close-ups in the musical sequence, and the rest of it is him looking really confused and awkward.

(He does start getting surprised and pleased when the Chorus crashes in, which is cute!)
    I think this is peak comedy tho omg 🤣🤣🤣

• The sheer silence is priceless. They could have easily just shot 1 or 2 seconds, then cut, then again. But I guess Remedy is being itself behind the scenes as well.

I can't believe AW2 actually had an unedited 2-minute clip of Ilkka Villi specifically used for the close-ups in the musical sequence, and t

• edited January 16

I’ll tell you, Leave the world behind, made me fall asleep.

• Let that sink in

Okay

The only wolf 2 news we got in 2023 is that it got delayed Let that sink in

• Seriously, Take-Two is the greediest AND stupidest gaming publisher in the world.

• Here we have The Wolf Among Us 2. We will not know if it is alive or dead until Telltale opens the box.

• Schrödinger's Wolf. I could definitely see that as a subplot.

Poogers555 posted: »

Here we have The Wolf Among Us 2. We will not know if it is alive or dead until Telltale opens the box.

• It's funny that Take-Two and Rockstar filed a claim against Remedy Entertainment because their logo looks similar. I find it funny considering the "Florida Joker" guy filed a claim suing Rockstar for adding a character looking too similar to him. Though I'll be honest the "Florida Joker" guy actually had a better reason then what Rockstar was filing against Remedy.

AronDracula posted: »

Seriously, Take-Two is the greediest AND stupidest gaming publisher in the world.

• Rockstar wasn't even founded before Remedy. There is absolutely zero justification for the existence of this "problem". Even children under 7 would be able to tell the difference, period.

Menofthe214 posted: »

It's funny that Take-Two and Rockstar filed a claim against Remedy Entertainment because their logo looks similar. I find it funny consideri

• Unsurprisingly Mr. Door has one too!
    This elder god with unknown motives even jams out to it too! 🤣

The sheer silence is priceless. They could have easily just shot 1 or 2 seconds, then cut, then again. But I guess Remedy is being itself behind the scenes as well.

• Way ahead of ya.

But what's interesting is that in the official video, Door has different facial expressions and movements compared to the one in the game. When he sings his first lyrics, he looks happy during the official video but in the game, he looks menacing and his lips move like a robot.

Unsurprisingly Mr. Door has one too! This elder god with unknown motives even jams out to it too! 🤣

The sequel to The Magnus Archives is out today.

• True

bruzdaa posted: »

Let that sink in Okay

• So they said Wolf 2 news would come early this year. When do u guys think we will get it? Imo if we still have nothing late-March, we have to start worry

I want to think February 17th to keep tradition alive, but that's on a Saturday this year. I think anything's viable from now to April... maybe May.

So they said Wolf 2 news would come early this year. When do u guys think we will get it? Imo if we still have nothing late-March, we have to start worry

• False alarm

It was all fake. Some moron made it up without a source.

It's funny that Take-Two and Rockstar filed a claim against Remedy Entertainment because their logo looks similar. I find it funny consideri

• Rockstar has some experience with litigation. Famously Lindsay Lohan sued Rockstar claiming that the cover girl (the bikini-peace-sign-selfie one) was based on her likeness. I think she might have sued for the Lacey Jones parody character as well.

• Nvm, again.

This incident actually happened last year. It just wasn't public until now. So my point still stands. Take-Two must be incredbily blind or foolish to create lawsuit against a use of a fucking letter. In no way shape or form does the Remedy logo remind me of Rockstar. It doesn't even have a colored square.

• Hey, poogs. Let me tell ya sumthing, The Wolf Among Us 2 is going to kill Bigby in the very first episode and Crooked Man is back as the villain somehow, depsite your choice in the first game.

• me playing wolf 2 when the snow is getting remarried plot begins and bigby visits the magic mirror late at night, pulls up a chair and says "Show me Snow White."

Hey, poogs. Let me tell ya sumthing, The Wolf Among Us 2 is going to kill Bigby in the very first episode and Crooked Man is back as the villain somehow, depsite your choice in the first game.

• Hey guys just wanted to say good morning, have a good one!

• idk what happened with Expanse but seriously out of no where it just decided to start selling lol. Only real downside is that the review score on Steam is dropping as more people are playing. However, I am sure Telltale cares more about not losing money and I don't know why it so randomly came back so hopefully it will cover any losses they may have been looking at.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.