Tales From the Borderlands Wins Best Comedy, 2nd in Adventure.

http://www.game-debate.com/awards/2015

Note that it is also nominated for Best Adventure, but LiS is (unfortunately) kicking its ass.

EDIT: Tales won Best Comedy and came in second for Best Adventure.

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I voted for it in all the catagories that i could.

• I like Life is Strange and it does deserve some credit. But how the hell is Life is Strange winning in Best Story over Witcher 3?

• That's what I exactly thought when I saw the stats... how is it winning over Witcher 3 I don't know

I like Life is Strange and it does deserve some credit. But how the hell is Life is Strange winning in Best Story over Witcher 3?

• From what I've seen of Life is Strange how can it be winning best story at all over any of those games?

I like Life is Strange and it does deserve some credit. But how the hell is Life is Strange winning in Best Story over Witcher 3?

• The thing is, it's Life is Stange: Episode 1 like why is it just that I don't know. Same with Tales, and the 1st episode of Tales came out in 2014 so...

fanboying much?

CarL_J posted: »

That's what I exactly thought when I saw the stats... how is it winning over Witcher 3 I don't know

• edited November 2015

I think they mean the game as a whole not just Episode 1, why would you judge a whole game from only 1 episode? Still though, I don't see how it can be winning over Witcher 3 but okay

The thing is, it's Life is Stange: Episode 1 like why is it just that I don't know. Same with Tales, and the 1st episode of Tales came out in 2014 so... fanboying much?

• I've come to the conclusion that Life is Strange is overated and people are voting unfairly. Don't get me wrong, I love Life is Strange but it's definitely over praised.

• I agree, Witcher deserves that award. LiS is in so many other categories...

I think they mean the game as a whole not just Episode 1, why would you judge a whole game from only 1 episode? Still though, I don't see how it can be winning over Witcher 3 but okay

• Waaait, LiS is beating TFTB for Best Adventure?! ...b.. but how?

• edited November 2015

Because some People may like LiS more. Because Some People don't like Telltale Games. Because some People Are allergic to good Storys with good writing and an Ending that don't erase all your Choices.

Waaait, LiS is beating TFTB for Best Adventure?! ...b.. but how?

• edited November 2015

No need to call some people idiots because their opinion is different than yours, no need to insult.

GSSalvador posted: »

Because some People may like LiS more. Because Some People don't like Telltale Games. Because some People Are allergic to good Storys with good writing and an Ending that don't erase all your Choices.

• It's just pure frustration. The praises LiS gets is just unjustified. The Story was an average timetravel Story that i could've Written(Seriousely! I Knew how it will end After Episode 2 and i predicted Most of the Twists and Even Most of Episode 5. i Even Knew, that David is going to save max) The characters Are mostly onesided. (Except Max and Chloe) LiS Voice Acting is average (Except Chloe) and Standard Features like...you know...lipsyncing and Facial expression were non-existant. Then there is The awfull Ending. It's just every fan seems to ignore The Bad things. TftBL is NOT Perfect But it's objectively way better in nearly everything.

But i think insulting People for that is Not Right either. So i'm Really sorry for that.

No need to call some people idiots because their opinion is different than yours, no need to insult.

• enter image description here

Green613 posted: »

From what I've seen of Life is Strange how can it be winning best story at all over any of those games?

• It's definitely overrated. Granted I was never that fond of the game to begin with, but I can't believe how many people say how great it is. It's their opinion, I understand, but I just don't see it.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I've come to the conclusion that Life is Strange is overated and people are voting unfairly. Don't get me wrong, I love Life is Strange but it's definitely over praised.

• edited November 2015

If Tales doesnt win best comedy then something is wrong in this world.

Sadly I think Life is Strange will win best adventure, extremely unfortunate.

• enter image description here

From what I've seen of Life is Strange how can it be winning best story at all over any of those games?

• People fail to understand graphics don't make a game. Tales or Witcher deserves best story.

• Agreed and agreed

Poogers555 posted: »

If Tales doesnt win best comedy then something is wrong in this world. Sadly I think Life is Strange will win best adventure, extremely unfortunate.

• I'm surprised Minecraft: Story Mode is winning for best game for children since I've heard Splatoon is really good.

• Me when I saw that Life is Strange is destroying all the other games.

enter image description here

• Wait, it's on the list?

dojo32161 posted: »

I'm surprised Minecraft: Story Mode is winning for best game for children since I've heard Splatoon is really good.

• Yeah, for Best Game For Children.

Wait, it's on the list?

• Yeah tales is going to get shafted in this one. -_-

If Tales doesnt win best comedy then something is wrong in this world. Sadly I think Life is Strange will win best adventure, extremely unfortunate.

• I also like how star wars is winning with best shooter, and its not even out lol. though the beta was awesome!

• Ah come on the Xbox One needs more votes.

Pretty sure it had a better year in terms of new features (backwards compatibility!!!!!!!!).

• I played the Beta, but I think I'll hold off on voting till I see what EA has done. Still sour over no space battles or stuff like that.

Enigma12 posted: »

I also like how star wars is winning with best shooter, and its not even out lol. though the beta was awesome!

• Life is Strange is dominating in what categories they are on. Is it really that popular among the mainstream audience or is there someone pulling some strings behind the scene?

• yeah.. that was one of my favorite things about the old games..

I played the Beta, but I think I'll hold off on voting till I see what EA has done. Still sour over no space battles or stuff like that.

• Apparently it sold about a million copies a bit after episode 3, best I got is that its better advertised?

Life is Strange is dominating in what categories they are on. Is it really that popular among the mainstream audience or is there someone pulling some strings behind the scene?

• It could be so low because people tend to act like "Splatoon isn't for kids, it's for everyone so I should vote for the thing that looks the most kiddish. oh look some Minecraft BS". Sad, but that's how people act.

I'm surprised Minecraft: Story Mode is winning for best game for children since I've heard Splatoon is really good.

• That's actually kind of astounding. I sort of want Square Enix to get rewarded for taking a risk on something that a lot of publishers passed on, then.

But I know if I had to pick which one would get a sequel, there'd be no contest.

Apparently it sold about a million copies a bit after episode 3, best I got is that its better advertised?

• edited November 2015

I will say that if you go to amazon sales rankings for the PS4 at least it is LiS>Witcher>TFTBL

Life is Strange is dominating in what categories they are on. Is it really that popular among the mainstream audience or is there someone pulling some strings behind the scene?

• To be honest Splatoon is the most unique game Nintendo managed to pull in the last 5 years. As much as i like Minecraft and Story Mode i have to choose Splatoon, after finishing the single player mode (which is amazing for a multiplayer game by the way) i noticed the game was quite dark for being only a children game (classical nintendo :o) so im kinda, kinda not surprised Minecraft is winning right now, after all the majority of the fanbase is children, whereas Splatoon's fanbase is mostly Teens to Adults...

• Liking the new avatar Carl

That's what I exactly thought when I saw the stats... how is it winning over Witcher 3 I don't know

• I didn't vote it because I dont think its for kids.

• DEATH BATTLES!

Gat out of hell

VS

TFTB

• Voted and yea I really love Battlefield: Hardline

• thanks lad

Liking the new avatar Carl

Sign in to comment in this discussion.