Tales From the Borderlands Wins Best Comedy, 2nd in Adventure.

1234568»

Comments

• edited November 2015

But don't you hate it when users on here crap on Telltale's Games? I agree with you, there is a lot of crapping on GOT and TWD S2 in particular, but you're kinda doing the same thing at times. :T

I don't crap on LiS because it won, I crap on it because I thought it sucked balls.

• "Crap" was a bad term to use, I apologize for that. Do I criticize it a lot, yes, but most of the time when I do talk about it, it is exactly that, criticisms, not just completely shitting on it like what people do sometimes with TWD or GOT. Sometimes, yes I do go too far, and I do apologize for that, but I have stressed the legitimate problems I have with the game, and you've seen that, while some people just say how TWD sucks without offering their reasoning. If someone says why they don't like S2 or GOT, I have no problem, it's the needless bashing that grinds my gears, and I admit that I have done that with LiS, and I really do apologize for that.

MichaelBP posted: »

But don't you hate it when users on here crap on Telltale's Games? I agree with you, there is a lot of crapping on GOT and TWD S2 in particular, but you're kinda doing the same thing at times. :T

• I understand, and it's alright. I hate it too, when people don't really have anything to back up their criticisms. Or when it's pretty much "I don't like this game/console because I just don't, the ones who made it should call it quits"

I honestly liked both Tales and LIS a lot, GOT I had more issues with, mostly technical ones with glitches, and losing my save file, but at the end of the day, I still liked it and I am looking forward to the second season. I'm also looking forward to seeing Dontnod's next game, Vampyr, in action, which seems to be a departure from both RM and LIS in some ways. Then again, going from a linear game to open world game isn't always a good idea.

"Crap" was a bad term to use, I apologize for that. Do I criticize it a lot, yes, but most of the time when I do talk about it, it is exactl

• edited November 2015

All I know is that this thread started off talking about Tales winning first in comedy and second in adventure. Though, because it LOST to LIS you and others feel the need to crap on it. Whether your reasons hold any weight is irrelevant as this post is about Tales and not LIS. You along with others MADE it about LIS because you wanted to.

You think that LIS sucks and yet you and others constantly bring it up. If you don't like something then you shouldn't constantly bring it up as it brings it more attention. Hell, most people actually go for games that people crap on and end up liking way more than expected. Who knows you might actually be making people turn into LIS fans from saying it sucks.

"Crap" was a bad term to use, I apologize for that. Do I criticize it a lot, yes, but most of the time when I do talk about it, it is exactl

• edited November 2015

Again, I have criticized LiS LONG before I heard about these awards, I haven't been a fan of LiS since the beginning. From the very first episode I didn't like it, the characters were boring and stereotypical, the writing wasn't good, the dialogue was cringeworthy, and their decision to not go in depth about Max's time powers was dumb. I intended this thread to tell people to vote, not to talk about LiS, but I have no control over what others chose to do, and they, just as much as you, are entitled to their opinions. If they don't like the game, fine, if you do, fine, but we should be allowed to discuss reasons for not liking it or reasons for liking it in an open discussion.

All I know is that this thread started off talking about Tales winning first in comedy and second in adventure. Though, because it LOST to L

• What of Layers of Fear?

Granted, it was really short, but still.

It's more or less that there were hardly any horror games this year. SOMA, FNAF 3, FNAF 4, Dying Light and Until Dawn were the only true hor

• Layers of Fear was pretty good. But it wasn't so much as scary as it was interesting.

What of Layers of Fear? Granted, it was really short, but still.

• Hey, we all have our opinions about LIS and other TTG series.

Though, you are a part of the problem. Once someone mention how LIS was beating the witcher initially....the tone of this thread changed from Tales to talking about LIS. Whether we were criticizing LIS or praising it we were talking about it. LIS has you talking about it over Tales which many consider to be their favorite game.

Also, should be known that LIS may(most likely) has a bigger fanbase than Tales. Then you have a big section of that fanbase that is committed to the game and keeps up with it. Our some of LIS fans obsessed?...Hell yeah and so are Tales and Witcher and a ton of other games. You may not like it and that is your opinion but it is obvious a ton of other people feel otherwise.

No need to always make LIS the tagline when talking about other narrative based games. Then again maybe you should as it creates more interest for LIS.

Again, I have criticized LiS LONG before I heard about these awards, I haven't been a fan of LiS since the beginning. From the very first ep

• remember me is quite a good game but the fighting mechanic is terrible and dosent always work properly

Linnet posted: »

I think the fanbase connected based on the writing of the two main characters, and certainly the narrative is not one that shows up in games

• MGS4 was my favorite i can still remember that japanese song on the ipod i actually downloaded that song on my mp3 because of how catchy it was

MichaelBP posted: »

I can kinda forgive some of OOT's faults, seeing as it was the first 3D game in the series, but the ones that came after it were a lot bette

• That's exactly my point: I feel like Life is Strange is a step in the right direction. They got rid of the combat and just made it about the story and the event manipulation mechanic.

The writing itself went off the rails for me midway, but I feel they are getting closer to a working formula, so I hope awards/sales will allow them to continue try new things and I look forward to their next outing.

remember me is quite a good game but the fighting mechanic is terrible and dosent always work properly

• YESSSSSSSS.

I'M SO GLAD TALES SURPASSED SAINTS ROW. I'M SO HAPPY THEY WON EEEEEEEEEEE.

• Second of all, It's for all ages, numb skull.

Ouch.

Either I'm reading that wrong, or that was unnecessarily rude.

First of all, Yes. it is impressive. Second of all, It's for all ages, numb skull. Third of all, You've gotta admit, It's impressive. The Le

• I like to think that the concept of the writing (up until the end) was actually really great and different, but the way it was carried out wasn't.

Again, I have criticized LiS LONG before I heard about these awards, I haven't been a fan of LiS since the beginning. From the very first ep

• I really did like Until Dawn, but it kind of just shoved stereotyped genres + characters (besides Josh IMO) into one big game with the butterfly effect thrown into it. It wasn't all that original, but at the same time, it was. It's really hard to go about the game. But I think it depicted mental illness amazingly, even if some people still didn't understand or forgive Josh's character.

Deltino posted: »

To shift away from Life is Strange: Until Dawn winning best horror game? I mean, Until Dawn is pretty great, but it's about as run-of-the

• FNAF 3, FNAF 4

true horror games

enter image description here

It's more or less that there were hardly any horror games this year. SOMA, FNAF 3, FNAF 4, Dying Light and Until Dawn were the only true hor

• Eh hem, allow me to post what else I said before you start bullshit for no reason:

It's clear to see why FNAF 3 and 4 won't make it to number 1

That'd be me referencing the fact that they're both shitty games. However, they are horror games. And as such, they are put in the horror game category (Somehow). There, you wanna jump to some more conclusions?

FNAF 3, FNAF 4 true horror games

• Yeah, it was pretty rude. Oh well, fuck it, it's the past now.

Second of all, It's for all ages, numb skull. Ouch. Either I'm reading that wrong, or that was unnecessarily rude.

• Posting reaction gifs =/= "starting bullshit"

That'd be me referencing the fact that they're both shitty games.

Uh, if you know that they're shitty games, you wouldn't call them "true horror games." So, uh. Yeah. No.

There, you wanna jump to some more conclusions?

This is so painfully hypocritical, but gave me a nice cackle.

Eh hem, allow me to post what else I said before you start bullshit for no reason: It's clear to see why FNAF 3 and 4 won't make it to

• Or you can, y'know, edit it out and apologize to them. That'd be the decent thing to do instead of shrugging it off.

Yeah, it was pretty rude. Oh well, fuck it, it's the past now.

• True, true. Perhaps I will.

Or you can, y'know, edit it out and apologize to them. That'd be the decent thing to do instead of shrugging it off.

• Posting reaction gifs =/= "starting bullshit"

Yes, I may have gone overboard there. It's been a pretty shitty night and I'm so sensitive that... fuck, I don't have a good joke about sensitivity to place there.

you wouldn't call them "true horror games."

Not true. Alan Wake and Silent Hill: Downpour are pieces of shit, but they still classify as true horror games. True horror games in the sense that they aren't games with shitty horror themes in the story.

This is so painfully hypocritical, but gave me a nice cackle.

Again, after the interactions we've had, when have you known me to be anything other than hypocritical? This should come as no surprise to you, nor should it give you a "cackle".

I do apologize for being edgy, however your shitty gifs really weren't needed. At least, 3 of them weren't. One would be just fine, preferably one of Tom Cruise laughing like an idiot. That's all I ask. Anyway, sorry, kinda being a dick tonight.

Posting reaction gifs =/= "starting bullshit" That'd be me referencing the fact that they're both shitty games. Uh, if you kno

• before you start bullshit for no reason

Posting reaction gifs =/= "starting bullshit" Yes, I may have gone overboard there. It's been a pretty shitty night and I'm so sensi

• Yep. I'm well aware of the irony.

before you start bullshit for no reason

Sign in to comment in this discussion.