I really think that their won't be a season 2.

As much as I dream of having a season 2 for TWAU and it being my favorite game won't change the storyline that season 1 had, TWAU was mean't to be a mini series.

Comments

• Telltale Games employees were teasing us a couple of times even tho it's 1.5 years since the game ended, and they never said it was meant to be a one season series. There is a lot of evidence which might give hope for this series to be revived for Season 2 one day.

That being said tho, I have to agree that Season 2 is not going to happen anyway.

• They wouldnt need to change the storyline. They could start a new storyline. Thats the beauty of the Fables series. There is tons of material they could draw from. I dont see any point in being defeatist until they say for sure its not happening.

• I also think they will/should stick with one season. It was good and wrapped up nicely

• I really think that their won't be a season 2.

enter image description here

• I really hope the game designers dont see these posts as a sign of people losing interest and are like, "Well, forget it then."

Cope49 posted: »

I really think that their won't be a season 2.

• Well I personally hope and wish for the Second and even Third season to happen more than any other TTG game, but it simply doesn't change the fact that it's not going to happen anyway

KCohere posted: »

I really hope the game designers dont see these posts as a sign of people losing interest and are like, "Well, forget it then."

• Do you know something the rest of us dont?

Jacol posted: »

Well I personally hope and wish for the Second and even Third season to happen more than any other TTG game, but it simply doesn't change the fact that it's not going to happen anyway

• After their teasing and 'can't say anything nows' I was hoping for something...I so wanted some kind of explanation or closure. It's one of my favorite games. The comic adaption just fired another (BIGGER) cliffhanger ending. But by this point, with all they have planned...maybe they're moving away from it. I mean, it's not unusual for telltale to make changes as they go along; most previews and plans for next episodes end up being NOTHING like the result.
    But its annoying, that they'll probably say 'nah' after all that teasing.

• Me too. For a game as strange and mysterious as The Wolf Among Us that ending couldn't had been more fitting. I wouldn't want a continuation only for folks to yell, whine and point out how much Wolf season 2 sucked and can't out class the original Wolf game when they were the very ones whom cried the loudest for it. Exactly how Walking Dead was treated even though those complaints were mostly right and valid anyhow but still.... there is always that risk with sequels. Sometimes greatness can only be achieved once. which seems to go triple for Telltale games.

I also think they will/should stick with one season. It was good and wrapped up nicely

• I agree.

I really hope the game designers dont see these posts as a sign of people losing interest and are like, "Well, forget it then."

• It pretty unfortunate but yeah, I think they are moving away from it, they have much bigger franchises to work on like Marvel, Batman, GoT and Minecraft.

I would love a season two though.

• Perhaps - because they are video game developers. Why should they make a game basically everyone is begging them for, while they can make quick cash on easy titles like Minecraft and other crap? The only reason I'm still not giving up hope is the fact that they never denied a possiblity of Season 2, but with every new announcement I die a little inside and so does my faith in ever seeing more Wolf. Also, the best argument for me personally is the fact that basically the few games which I love to death are always the ones which seem to never be continued. Maybe I'm cursed or something, I don't know. But I genuinely hope to be proven wrong one day, bring it on Telltale

Do you know something the rest of us dont?

• You wouldnt get that from me. I have faith that they can do an even better job on season two. Each game series they put out improves on the others in some way, and Fables is a much richer property the TWD imo. The people who dont want a season two are welcome not to play it if thats how they feel, but those of us who do should get the chance.

Ladariel posted: »

Me too. For a game as strange and mysterious as The Wolf Among Us that ending couldn't had been more fitting. I wouldn't want a continuatio

• while they can make quick cash on easy titles like Minecraft and other crap?

Don't forget that TWAU is their 2nd most successful franchise so far. TWAU sold more on Steam than TFTB and GOT combined. Telltale signed a 'multi year multi season' for TWD and GOT, so of course they need to focus on these two series, at least for now. Considering how succesful TWAU was, a second season isn't unlikely.

Perhaps - because they are video game developers. Why should they make a game basically everyone is begging them for, while they can make qu

• I know, but what I'm saying here is that there are more "mainstream" IPs which could attract new customers - that is from the developer perspective. I'm really tempted to write an open letter to Telltale right now...

TheCatWolf posted: »

while they can make quick cash on easy titles like Minecraft and other crap? Don't forget that TWAU is their 2nd most successful fra

• edited December 2015

I had a blast playing the Wolf among us. I am a big fan of the Grimm Brother fairytales, you know stories that have a meaning or a point but don't have happy ending. Something that was written to scare kids (this is was how a lot of the fairytales were original before Disney dubbed them down.) And while I am an Australian who didn't know anything about the Fable comics, I got into that world and lost myself very quickly. I love the fights that Bigby got into, it was fantastic made, and even through length of the episodes annoyed me when they first came out, and still do when I replay that series I still really feel addictive to it.

It is has won the Game of the year and the way they ended ep5 were Bigby runs after Neriessre it feels like a ciff-hanger. they could easily do a series 2 if they wanted - why they don't I really have no idea, they make a lot of money from, like the walking dead I thought they would continue. But now they are doing muiti series, series 3 of the walking dead as well as the Michone mini series is all going to be in 2016 as well with Batman series. the distance betewn series 1 is getting further and further away that I am starting to lose hope now too along with a lot of people before me. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell-tale please do not do this. T_T

• Its soooooooooooo unfair why end the series with a cliff-hanger? they seemed like they were going to do with a series 2

there* Sorry

• Huh? That has nothing to do with my comment? lol

But I agree with what you said.

Its soooooooooooo unfair why end the series with a cliff-hanger? they seemed like they were going to do with a series 2

• Sorry I thought you were replying to my comment above so I replied. sorry

Huh? That has nothing to do with my comment? lol But I agree with what you said.

• In my books, if something isn't confirmed not to happen, then there's always a chance for it to happen. They could be working on it in the background as we speak.

• Ah, it looks like it's beginning to rain.

• edited December 2015

Nice use of the first episode title. But it's good to have faith, and I would play a Wolf Among Us sequel for sure but.. Also I don't think the Vertigo DC comics get as much attention as say the Image Skybound comics with walking dead. Telltale since it is a business could only be thinking of the bottomline fact that creating a Wolf sequel might not generate as much of profit as Walking Dead. If Wolf made more money or at least the same amount of money as walking dead I'd be willing to bet they'd been working on a sequel since the debut of Cry Wolf.

You wouldnt get that from me. I have faith that they can do an even better job on season two. Each game series they put out improves on the

• Even you Jacol? :(

Telltale Games employees were teasing us a couple of times even tho it's 1.5 years since the game ended, and they never said it was meant to

• Even me, Armis. I never thought I would turn over to this side, but seeing the amount of negativity on the internet (which I'm desperately trying to avoid) it's hard for me to believe we're ever going to see Season 2. Keeping up hope and believing are two different things tho, I still pray for it every day but when I see how TFTB is rudely sneaking it's way up to almost every "Would you like more TWAU?" topic/poll, it's hard for me to believe that developers would like to come back to this game after such a long time. And with every single new announcement Telltale makes, I die a little inside and there is not much left of my old love to Telltale. I'm not interested in GoT, Batman, Marvel or other superhero oriented stories. What else can I say...

Don't get me wrong, I'm still on the hope train but I'm starting to loose it more and more every day. I've replayed the first Season ridiculous amount of times already, and I'm really getting the feeling like we will never get more. No matter how much we ask and beg for it, devs are going to do whatever they want anyway.

On the other side, I'm developing a desire to write a hefty letter to Telltale about more Wolf - I still have to think about it but maybe I will be able to get their attention one more time and see if there is any sense of keeping the hopes up.

armis37 posted: »

Even you Jacol?

• love that moment, I love that anime

Ah, it looks like it's beginning to rain.

• I thought they only signed a 1 year deal?

• I feel what you're saying man. I hate what direction in their further developments TT is taking - seems like all the "not-so-popular" franchises are out of question and they're only doing things that will make a killing with a lot of people. I know it's a company, but they were a company when they released TWAU too. Same goes for TftB. It's not like those games made them poor, but they were among the best they've put out. Now it's all being passed up for some some generic superheroes or a goddamn Lego game.

I feel like we're the only ones still hoping for something. Even Hazza has moved to TftB section for good, it seems.

As for your letter, I'd say go for it. Maybe you could even collect some of the well-known TWAU fans signatures to make it into a some kind of a community letter?

Even me, Armis. I never thought I would turn over to this side, but seeing the amount of negativity on the internet (which I'm desperately t

• I'd like to believe in the future, we may get some sort of closure-I'd like a DLC and I'd be fine at the end of the day. Even if we never do get to see that glorious day, some sort of news to the fans would do me justice. Least this way, I know for a fact TWAU is over for good and we can all call it good, despite the bad news. Sadly, I'm moving on with my life and currently playing various other games. I cant stand around, hoping for the best and getting nothing but teases or fake videos in regards to the game.

Honestly, TTG, just tell the fans the truth. Tell us there won't BE a season 2 OR DLC-either for a long time or never-and leave it at that. I'd like to think there will be because this game was amazing and it introduced me to the FABLES comics, stirred up my love to create both fanart and fics and brought me into the whole storybook/fantasy world, which I stayed away from up until this game's release. But, like I stated before, I'm moving on with my life. I'll always be a fan of TWAU. #Georgiefan until the day I die.

I assure you, though, I'll be one of the people happy and eager to play the second season or a DLC, should that day ever come. :)

• edited December 2015

I was thinking about it yeah, spreading it across the internet might help (I'm seeing some TWAU related activity on Telltale reddit from time to time) Telltale voice actors are also cool and supportive so they might sign it too if we ask nicely. I will try to figure out the entire plan in the upcoming nights, while drinking coffee and listening to TWAU soundtrack in the background (just channeling my inner wolf, don't mind me)

armis37 posted: »

I feel what you're saying man. I hate what direction in their further developments TT is taking - seems like all the "not-so-popular" franch

• Be sure to keep us informed when you think of something good :)

I was thinking about it yeah, spreading it across the internet might help (I'm seeing some TWAU related activity on Telltale reddit from tim

• I'm not sitting around waiting either. I have too many other things too worry about. I don't think people have to pitch tents and campaign, only continue to show interest and desire for the game. That's why I think posts like the OP is counterproductive. It takes no effort to keep hoping, but it does to post about how you have given up, or in some other cases, don't even want a season two. You can play other games and still want season two.

pudding_pie posted: »

I'd like to believe in the future, we may get some sort of closure-I'd like a DLC and I'd be fine at the end of the day. Even if we never do

• I'll keep the hope alive in the back of my mind.

I stopped waiting impatiently a while ago, I have other things to worry about atm :P

But if TellTale really had nothing else planned for TWAU, then why post things like "These Lips Are Sealed" on Twitter? It's just insulting us, their fans/customers, if they come up with nothing after posting something like that repeatedly...

• There definitely won't be at this point. Shame, I really loved this game and the summer when Ep4/Ep5 was releasing was the most fun I had on these forums (in this section). Well, at good things must come to an end.

• I sure really hope there would be a second season, although I know that the chance is verry low, right now.

• well, the TWAU is one of my favorite Telltale games for sure !
    as some said i think they will close the end with a DLC the same way they did with "The Walking Dead: 400 Days" [it was not a closer but i was a after season DLC]
    any how i think they won't do a hole season just to get a closer for the game, its more likely that they will make a small DLC to close the end of the game...
    how ever they didn't mention any updates about TWAU or any thing related to a DLC or some sort of closer, nevertheless i hope they will announce some thing in the future !
    what do you guys think ?

• I think when they are ready to make a season two, they will. There is too much they can still do with this property for it to be a one and done.

MrTiTaN posted: »

well, the TWAU is one of my favorite Telltale games for sure ! as some said i think they will close the end with a DLC the same way they di

• you could be right, but yet again nothing is confirmed yet.

I think when they are ready to make a season two, they will. There is too much they can still do with this property for it to be a one and done.

• Making threads like these pushes us further from the dream. The devs probably look at this thinking, "yeah...they're done with it too...wont bother now." C'mon guys, have some hope.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.