Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Batman

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Thnaks, Joker

• For comic references, did Batman and Joker fight at Ace Chemicals prior to this series? Although, they fought there on an episode of The Batman.

• Think what you will about Oz but he's sure got swag

• At the end of episode 5, Alfred will be in the parlour drinking out of the same bottle that Lucius gifted them at the end of s1. The note is there too which either says "To your health" or "You're one tough SOB" depending on if Bruce or Alfred got hurt.

• If you tell Alfred that he can just leave. He literally gets up and leaves instantly not even explaining his reasons.

• edited March 2018

Willy and Franks last names are Deever and Dumfree which is a reference to the characters Deever and Dumfree Tweed from the comics.

• When Tiffany was suited up in the vigilante play through, she tries on the voice changer and it accidentally sounds the same as Lady Arkhams

• It occured to me, what if those "Lost cat" posters that you can find ALL OVER the city were put there by Selina?

Now that would have been a plot twist.

• edited March 2018

Oswald Cobblepot was denied parole and Gordon caught a group of employees scamming senior citizens in a arts and crafts store according to the news feed.

• tfw youre CEO of a company for like a week but already got that fire CEO portrait.

Kaelthas posted: »

(Spoiler)

• In the villain ending if you ask Avesta to work for you she takes over as COO. It's kind of vague in the vigilante ending though.

• Here's a zoomed picture of the completed Vigilante Episode 5 slide.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2018

I bet he had that portrait made just to further spite Bruce

• Buys a ton of yachts using Bruce's money

• Buys an entire island using Bruce's money

• Defaces Bruce's website

• Alters Bruce's personal records

• Gets some guy to paint him a super swanky and expensive portrait

Oz takes pettiness to a whole new level

Poogers555 posted: »

tfw youre CEO of a company for like a week but already got that fire CEO portrait.

• In the Vigilante episode we could stop Bane by hitting him with the Jokermobile. I think it was a reference to Batman Arkham Asylum

• Actually, in the vigilante ending it lists Avesta as COO right on her relationship card.

Coyote99 posted: »

In the villain ending if you ask Avesta to work for you she takes over as COO. It's kind of vague in the vigilante ending though.

• In both Vigilante and Villain route Bruce recieves a new scar on the left side of his stomach (either pierced by armature or stabbed with a knife) from John (caused by him or directly from him), I guess to remind him of the Joker.

• The impalement in the vigilante route also reminded me of how Batman impales Falcone in Season 1

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

In both Vigilante and Villain route Bruce recieves a new scar on the left side of his stomach (either pierced by armature or stabbed with a knife) from John (caused by him or directly from him), I guess to remind him of the Joker.

• edited March 2018

Reminded me more of this than anything else.

The impalement in the vigilante route also reminded me of how Batman impales Falcone in Season 1

• Troy Baker impaled once more.

Reminded me more of this than anything else.

• History repeats itself, except now Joel is Batman

Dan10 posted: »

Troy Baker impaled once more.

• edited March 2018

Telltale brought back the original Season 1 main theme in Episode 5. It's in the villain John path, when Bruce suits up as Batman in the hidden lab. It's 8 minutes into the video.

• At the end of the vigilante Joker fight you see that John has all of his photos on the wall and at the center is the picture of John and Bruce. If you took the funeral selfie with him then that is the picture that is up, but if you didn't take the selfie then see you that John made a sad face and took a selfie of himself with Bruce oblivious in the background.

• When Selina and Bruce fight Harley and villainous Joker after the dinner in episode 5 there is a point where they say exactly the same thing as they said in the first game's second episode when Selina and Bruce fight Penguin's thugs in The Stacked Deck as a possible call back/reference since Selina says "I think they want more." and Bruce responds with "Then let's give it to them." in both cases.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Also, all of the pictures are arranged in a smiley face. The one at the center is the nose, the little photographs below it are the smile, and the ones taped on above it are the eyes.

At the end of the vigilante Joker fight you see that John has all of his photos on the wall and at the center is the picture of John and Bru

• In the vigilante path of episode 5 Gordon comments on how poor of a job Bruce did of hotwiring the car if you did so in episode 2.
    I think I recall Batman saying "it's not that bad".

That made me smile.

• If you go the vigilante route and choose to bring Tiffany with you to the crime scene, she asks you for advice about how to handle her first mission. If you tell her to act scary, she turns on her voice changer which makes her sound exactly like Lady Arkham. Tiffany gets freaked out and says it's not supposed to sound like that and ends up not using it.

• This also happened when I told her to do what I do. It was funny.

If you go the vigilante route and choose to bring Tiffany with you to the crime scene, she asks you for advice about how to handle her first

• Anyone know how many of the "Call X" options work when seeking help against Waller in the Vigilante path?

Everyone but Avesta were unavailable for me; Either due to being opposed to Bruce Wayne (Agent Blake), MIA (Harley/Selina), or not useful with their current circumstance (Gordon, Agent Harrison)

• You can't call anyone except Avesta but I recommend clicking on all the other ones first because Bruce has something to say about them all.

AChicken posted: »

Anyone know how many of the "Call X" options work when seeking help against Waller in the Vigilante path? Everyone but Avesta were unavai

• Okay... That's unfortunate. I was hoping there was at least an option to call one of them, only for that person to respond with "Sorry, can't help you with that..."

But I did click on every single one before Avesta when playing, since Avesta did seem like the obvious choice. I heard all there was to hear from Batman.
    Thanks

You can't call anyone except Avesta but I recommend clicking on all the other ones first because Bruce has something to say about them all.

• There are 5 possible post credit scenes you can get:

• Vigilante Joker and say you were friends: Bruce visits John in Arkham
    • Vigilante Joker, say you weren't friends, and give up Alfred: John sees Batman outside of Arkham
    • Vigilante Joker, say you weren't friends, and give up Batman: John sees the Batsignal from his cell in Arkham but then it gets shut off
    • Villain Joker and say you had fun: John paints a lipstick smile on his Bruce Wayne doll
    • Villain Joker and say you wish you never met him: John lights his Bruce Wayne doll on fire
  • I play on PS4 and the relationships and choices are broken for me so I was just going off the codex ¯_(ツ)_/¯

AnimalBoy posted: »

Actually, in the vigilante ending it lists Avesta as COO right on her relationship card.

• Same

I play on PS4 and the relationships and choices are broken for me so I was just going off the codex ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Must have been when you played. Played the episode twice on the PS4 and everything showed up fine.

I play on PS4 and the relationships and choices are broken for me so I was just going off the codex ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Yeah it's fixed now. I feel like I should add something else of importance so I'm not just having a conversation in the details thread. To get Waller to release Selina in the Vigilante ending you have to say "You owe me" to her in the ambulance scene.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Must have been when you played. Played the episode twice on the PS4 and everything showed up fine.

• I know. Didn’t ask for Selina’s release though. I asked Waller to leave Avesta alone/not come after her.

Yeah it's fixed now. I feel like I should add something else of importance so I'm not just having a conversation in the details thread. To g

• edited March 2018

Remember when Kent Mudle suggested that we listen to the conversation between two characters in an alleyway? Here is the transcript of that conversation between Alfred and Joker.

Joker: "Can I help, Al? You mind if i call you that?"

Alfred: "Please... don't. And thank you this is a one person job."

Joker: "Awwh... okay. I could just listen to you speak all day with that accent... It's like a Dickens novel come to life! I bet it comes in very handy around Christmas. Maybe I was British before Arkham! Does this sound natural: 'Oi! You there boy! Get the queen her prunes(?) for breakfast!'. How's that sit with you?"

Alfred: "Not well."

Joker: "Your honesty is appreciated. So, I'm dying to know... what was Bruce like as a young tyke?"

Alfred: "An angel. Perfect in every way."

Joker: "Really?"

Alfred: "Yes, if you discount all the terrible, terrible things he did."

Joker: "Hahaha! I knew It! I bet it was quite the production getting this one to go to bed. Even when he was little he was probably like, 'No Alfred, I AM the night'. Hey Alfred, where does one go to learn butlering? Is there a school? Is that what the B in MBA stands for?"

Alfred: "It... isn't. My father served the Wayne family, and well when my service in the military concluded I was looking for something with a similar structure and discipline. Something more familiar than a normal civilian life."

Joker: "I hear ya. I felt that way when I left Arkham."

Alfred: "I took over my father's role and now we find ourselves here today."

Joker: "Wow! The military, huh? G.I. Alfred."

Alfred: "G.I. is for you Yanks."

Joker: "B.I... British infan-"

Alfred: "No."

Joker: "Did Bruce mention Waller took a shot at me?"

Alfred: "He did."

Joker: "Yeah! You gotta be a person of pretty high importance to get on her radar. Public enemy numero uno over here."

Alfred: "She wants you dead, John. Joker."

Joker: "Yeah, well... the feelings mutual. How many rooms does Wayne Manor have? Are there wings?"

Alfred: "Yes, I divided into wings for ease of management. And I suppose the room count is based on your definition of 'room'."

Joker: "Four... walls...?"

Alfred: "Well, do you consider the larder a room? Or the taproom, the conservatory, the scullery, the rotunda?"

Joker: "I don't know what any of those words mean! Holy crap, Bruce! You are SO RICH! How old is the mansion? Is it considered a historical place? Ooh! Is it haunted? You ever hear any bumps in the night?"

Alfred: "No, it's quite poltergeist free."

Joker: "Hmm I would have thought, you know, maybe Bruce's parents knock around, just checking up on him?"

Alfred: chuckles

Joker: "I know if I died, i'd certainly haunt THIS guy..."

• Cool!
    Thanks for transcribing this. Unfortunately I originally clicked the final task after Alfred said "She wants you dead" thinking that was the end. I was severely disappointed to hear John pop up once more asking "How many rooms does Wayne Manor have?" as it cut off.

• Also once Bruce has stapled his arm, Joker has a slightly different interaction with Alfred depending on if Alfred lost his eye last season or not.

If Alfred lost his eye, Joker asks him if he's doing a pirate cosplay. Alfred replies that it happened during the course of the job and Joker comments about how Alfred literally gave an eye for Bruce.

If Alfred is uninjured, Joker shows him a slight cut on his hand and asks him to patch it up. Alfred scoffs and says it's barely anything but Joker begs him, so Alfred simply pours some disinfectant on it. Joker groans in pain but says it hurts in a loving sort of way.

• edited March 2018

If you and Gordon are on bad terms during episode 5 in the villain path, he turns down being reinstated as Commissioner.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.