Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Batman

1343536373840»

Comments

• edited November 2019

I didn't feel Avesta as a romance, but more of Tim Drake, a Robin character who also figured out Batman's identity through investigation. If the romance intention was there, the writers might have meant for it to create emotional agency when she meets a disaster, perhaps blown up like Jason Todd (another Robin) by Joker. But there wasn't not enough time or character development to position her as an invested romantic interest for that emotional agency.

She can be a good ally for future dirt on the Agency, but I doubt she can stay alive for long if she becomes close to Bruce. Notice that she is the only female character (OK, besides Waller) where you have no choice but to save her. With the other female characters - Selina, Harley, Vicki, Renee Montoya - they stayed alive and well when you opt not to save them. I just get the feeling Avesta's meant to die eventually. Anyway, no way to tell because Telltale is gone.

19Street95 posted: »

No, not really since there was never anything there I know I said it so many times before but screw it I will say it again... there was never really a romance between Bruce and Avesta in the game. I never saw it and the developers never added it.

• I feel like the Telltale batsuits are kinda inspired by the Arkham Knight batsuits.

Season 1 batsuit looks like batsuit v7.43 and season 2 looks like batsuit v8.03.

• Also on two occasions Batman can do the Injustice Batclaw slam special move.

The first time is in episode 4 if you choose to attack mister freeze when he's charging at you in the lab and the second time is in episode 5 when vigilante Joker is charging at you on Ace Chemicals.

I'm sure it's a reference because it's the exact same move.also Injustice 2 has the Telltale bat symbol as gear.

• Interesting article:

https://www.thegamer.com/batman-telltale-arkham-story-better/

Telltale: Gives A Fresh Take On Familiar Characters

Telltale: Makes Alfred Important

Telltale: Features A Compelling Alliance Between Gordon And Batman

Telltale: Provides A More Interesting Batman

Telltale: Batman's Relationship With Catwoman

• I haven't seen it so I guess nobody noticed that,
    The player sequence in season 1 when catwoman and batman team up at the debate, selina reacts to the part you choose for her to play, and i thought it was interesting :
    As two of your choices she reacts positively saying "smart" and"sounds fun" and for the third goon who stands at the backstage door she says "if you say so",
    She does that part well as she would the other choices but almost gets shot by the goon standing next to the flash light in the other side, she takes cover quickly and batman will take him out.
    She can not participate at all and she comments (maybe next time).
    Also in season 2 if you don't sell her out to the pact and accept her help at samctus, if you fail the qte with the last goon there, she takes him out before he shoots batman and says "you can thank me later" , good team up but not as great as engaging in a plan like in season 1.
    Safe to say in general that season 2 hasn't showed as much batman's detective skills as season 1.

• The silent answer with waller on the roof top in the vigilante joker path leads to batman asking waller for insurance for avesta's safety, after you choose the (you owe me) line of course,
    No matter where you stood with catwoman before, batman will think of avesta first,
    Later in the codex He says that he could have asked waller to wipe selina's record but the past is never really easy to erase (or something like that)
    Goes to say alot about why the couple's relationship is often fractured.
    I don't know what he would say about when catwoman hates him🤔

Pipas posted: »

Can we get an F in the chat for all those Avesta shippers? Source

• That's because the character of Avesta was created by Kent Mudle, the producer of Telltale. He is also close friends with Emily O'Brien, the voice actress of Avesta who (interestingly) is also partially deaf. You can tell they put a lot of heart into the character and had plans for a bigger story in the next season, that's why the choices are very obviously biased to making the player choose the most positive path for Avesta, even if you don't want to. The choice algorithm is designed to be pro-Avesta, no matter what.

The silent answer with waller on the roof top in the vigilante joker path leads to batman asking waller for insurance for avesta's safety, a

• edited April 2021

Oh yeah! I suspected as much with her character being alllways keeping her cools no matter how you make bruce treat her, you know, except for her mean attitude in his office,_ if the alarm hadn't gone off my bruce would have bitten her head off and got in trouble over it come what may🤭"get the hell out of my office"_.
    If that was intentional on the developers' side, then they definitely succeeded,
    Avesta has literally been such the grey stone all season, even felt off most of the time.

Pinkyswear posted: »

That's because the character of Avesta was created by Kent Mudle, the producer of Telltale. He is also close friends with Emily O'Brien, the

• edited April 2021

Most of you probably have seen it already but i just noticed another interesting exchange between bruce and catwoman while they were solving the Riddler's puzzle at his workshop.

If you try to stand on any of the two little square platforms instead of placing a shoe of the Riddler's, It will give a red alert , riddler will appear on the screens giving you a hint and catwoman will tell you to be careful what you set on those , After bruce places the shoe there he will nod to catwoman,

Interestingly enough, just before that i had taken riddler's shoes too early and selina called bruce out on that.

Had bruce not warned Selina about the gcpd ambush,
    she hands over the goggles to bruce even if he gives her the silent treatment when she places her hand on his shoulders in WM.
    We never had to be too friendly.
    also if said nothing when she asked bruce if he knew about the ambush, she would assume he didn't know, it's same as if you lied.

At the rooftop of you warned her, you can call her tit for tat game off by offering her "Nothing", she still gives the usb drive but withdraws and leaves right away.
    Quite the opposite to offering her Nothing in the manor if she got ambushed, she is too defensive then even if you say you didn't know about the ambush.

If you don't open up about lucius to gordon, specifically saying you can't talk about it, then later in episode 3

when he trails the details about him and up to his employer while with batman on the roof, Then you get an obscure line that makes batman say(i know him well enough) to gordon asking him what he knows about bruce wayne,

An additional scene of Avesta shows in the stacked deck only if you save her hearing from Riddler's sonic blasts And+

have waller's help after the first fight with bane.In that case, you won't get any notes at the bar.

Also this is mere a guessing as effort from me so correct me if i am wrong,
    Catwoman being subjected to rejection from bruce, Twice, is it canon to Hush?
    Hasn't that happened with catwoman in the comics already?
    Hush can be a good villian, but after TEW there has been too many villians who are old friends of bruce/batman already😔

• edited April 2021

In Hush, Catwoman broke up with him due to his lack of trust in her. Here, the game picks up on the theme of Batman/Bruce having trouble trusting Catwoman, not knowing where her loyalties are. But the game still stays with the comics theme that Catwoman won't betray Bruce where it matters - his identity. There are many instances where she could have betrayed his identity to the Pact to save her skin, especially when Harley was holding her under gunpoint when the Pact was sussing out the mole.

Hush is over-rated in my opinion. He also seems to be beaten for good after Heart of Hush. DC has not used the character since then, so his shelf life is expired IMO. The "old childhood friends" ruse has been used in Telltale's version of the Penguin.

I was hoping to see Avesta revealed as a more sympathetic version of Talia Al Ghul, but my hopes were dashed when Kent Mudle said Avesta is not Talia.

Most of you probably have seen it already but i just noticed another interesting exchange between bruce and catwoman while they were solving

• Catwoman never exposes bruce's identity even if they aren't at good terms. It should be concluded from her story that her loyalties don't lie anywhere and that she was already on the right track ever since what happened to harvey dent, especially how it lied heavy on her conscience.

It was interesting how her lines change in the bat cave when she confronts bruce about her feelings,

If you choose to tell her that it's over between her and bruce at riddler's, later if you invite her to the batcave she'd say (i can actually be good) rather than (it's nice, i can be.. better). That went to show she really (remembered that). Goes to say how much influence bruce's mere opinions have on her.
    Avesta's story can be a very interesting plot point for the next season if there will be any.
    Her revealing to john that she had run before from her problems was surprising and you could see it even intrigued bruce right at the moment.

Given that bruce hid the Riddler's file on time I suppose Avesta knew Bruce's batman from tiffany's drone as it was there on bruce's desk and he couldn't hide it and it was the same batman used at lady of dublin to take down Riddler.
    She might have been deaf then but such revelation would be too exciting to keep for herself. Very uncool of her still.

In Hush, Catwoman broke up with him due to his lack of trust in her. Here, the game picks up on the theme of Batman/Bruce having trouble tru

• edited April 2021

Yes, Catwoman's loyalties don't lie anywhere. But it is also very much in her self-interest to expose Bruce's identity to the Pact to get suspicion off herself as the Mole. She did mention that she could have exposed his identity to Harley on the rooftop when you don't invite her to the cave. It's in line with the theme in the comics where Bruce has trouble trusting her. Though with the current DC Rebirth Batman run, they have come to terms with their trust issues.

Wow, now that you mentioned, Tiffany's drone was on Bruce's desk when Avesta and Blake came into his office. Honestly, I don't find Telltale's Bruce intelligent or observant at all. The comics put a lot of emphasis on his intelligence and detective skills which aren't there at all in The Enemy Within.

I was also hoping for Blake to come up a bit more prominently, especially since most of us chose to save him. Maybe a version of John "Robin" Blake from Dark Knight Rises.

Catwoman never exposes bruce's identity even if they aren't at good terms. It should be concluded from her story that her loyalties don't li

• She did mention that she could have exposed his identity to Harley on the rooftop when you don't invite her to the cave

Oh i totally forgot that one as it was my first choice there, I thought batman has had enough playing games by that point so I let him say he can just take the decrypter and go. Selina responds that she can tell harley batman's right under her nose, people can do a lot of things.
    I freaked when she said that but after she handed the decrypter she sounded hurt while saying it's not fun anymore(yeah, you just considered blackmailing me!!)
    And while she left she hinted batman's obsession will swallow him like riddler so I trusted that she won't play That dirty. Only Some people have to be waller and selina, luckily, doesn't feel the need for that.

Honestly, I don't find Telltale's Bruce intelligent or observant at all.

I hear you so, there are only the witty retorts that we pick for him to say and just some combat style choices.
    Although at one occasion it would seem like he would notice things and assume the player is as observant as he is, for example when we get the chance to find out how waller knew his identity by only picking to ask a very good question that myself at least never knew its answer was so rewarding, because letting batman ask that either hinted paranoia or that batman already guessed it was avesta.
    Also there was that time when he survived riddler's trap with catwoman and john without relying on his tech like the time just before.
    Other than that batman can only show genius intellect on the combat grounds during battles.

Tiffany's drone was on Bruce's desk when Avesta and Blake came into his office.

Wow blake was able to catch that too?
    I kinda let riddler decapitate him because i was too pissed off to answer riddler's first question and threatened him instead 😬🤦🏻‍♀
    If he survives (and connect the dots) he keeps quiet? i guess that would be work for batman to do 😳
    I don't know if it's possible he would be a robin because he looks too old.

Yes, Catwoman's loyalties don't lie anywhere. But it is also very much in her self-interest to expose Bruce's identity to the Pact to get su

• edited April 2021

I just like Blake, haha. He was mentioned in the Codex after all, so he should have been more than just a passing extra IMO.

She did mention that she could have exposed his identity to Harley on the rooftop when you don't invite her to the cave Oh i totally

• edited April 2021

I didn't see Catwoman considering blackmail. She's pointing out how come he trusts her with his deepest & most dangerous secret (his identity) but can't trust her to let her in on his investigations into Riddler. Because Bruce is so daft.

I thought he would have known straightaway he has given himself away to Avesta and Blake. But I missed out that convo with Waller (if you call the Agency for help after Bane's attack) where you can guess it was Avesta who told Wallter. In any case, he shouldn't act surprise when she admitted she told Waller IMO. So yeah, I still think Bruce is daft.

There's something else I notice that no one in this community noticed before. There was this whole discussion about Bane's counter-agent not having any bearing on the story. Actually it's so subtle, it's easy to overlook. If you slip the counter-agent into Bane, when you choose to follow Harley (instead of Bane) at the attack on the convoy, Bane cannot kill anyone. You will know this when you meet Gordon on the rooftop and doesn't mention that people got killed. He just says that Bane got away.

Whereas, if you follow Bane (regardless if you slip in the counter-agent) instead of Harley, Gordon will say it is so hard to tell so many families of the dead police officers about their deaths from the convoy attack.

This means that Bruce has a lot of influence on Harley in the game. When you stick close by her side, you can effectively prevent her from killing people. But Bruce can't prevent Bane from killing people.

That's why if you put the blame on Catwoman as the mole, you get to stick close by Harley's side and can influence her (since she's the leader) to let you knock out the guards, instead of killing them, at Sanctus. Because you go into Sanctus first with Harley to confront the receptionist/guard, while the rest of the Pact wait outside. Whereas if you give yourself up as the mole, Harley will choose to have Bane by her side when infiltrating Sanctus - evidence is the receptionist/guard torn into half.

So there is a reason why there are so many flirtation options with Harley here. I kinda like flirting with her actually. It was fun.

She did mention that she could have exposed his identity to Harley on the rooftop when you don't invite her to the cave Oh i totally

• But I missed out that convo with Waller (if you call the Agency for help after Bane's attack) where you can guess it was Avesta who told Wallter. In any case, he shouldn't act surprise when she admitted she told Waller IMO.

I don't think bruce took the guess then. I am just saying he already suspected it was avesta because he considered asking waller about her on the gcpd rooftop.

Bane cannot kill anyone. You will know this when you meet Gordon on the rooftop and doesn't mention that people got killed. He just says that Bane got away.

Yeah, he says (by then it was just bane, he still hospitalized a dozen good cops and got away)
    However, in a most recent playthrough i made, i took bane's side-although i slipped him a counter agent- just to spite harley, (i never tolerated her trying to mess with me) And told her i don't miss her when she got back, that stung her as it should 🤷🏻‍♀️..
    Gordon then said the same line he said about the weakened bane, ( she still hospitalized a dozen good cops and got away),
    i could be wrong because my game altered some other minor choices i made in other sequences (i punched bullock and still bruce says he bribed him in the codex🤦🏻‍♀️).

you get to stick close by Harley's side and can influence her (since she's the leader)

Now that you've mentioned it, is there any possible way to draw her suspicion away from bruce when she threatens him right after she(or bane)gets back?or is it only always that timothy guy that saves us then ?😶

I didn't see Catwoman considering blackmail. She's pointing out how come he trusts her with his deepest & most dangerous secret (his ide

Sign in to comment in this discussion.