Borderlands 3 News Thread: Releasing 13/09/2019 PS4, XONE and EGS, Borderlands GOTY Out Now

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Anyway, it was also said there'd be more info on April 3rd, so expect news then, I suppose.

• I kinda doubt it, the Rhys x Sasha stuff was pushed pretty hard I doubt they'd ignore it.

Pipas posted: »

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they just ignored both ships altogether.

• edited March 2019

SASHA! It has to be her, look at the earrings. Hoist the sails, the Rhysha ship will sail once again.

EDIT: Eh, looking back, I think that might be Moxxi.

Poogers555 posted: »

Anyone think this may be Sasha?

• They might, or maybe a sort of choice builder for those who played the game.

tfw its highly unlikely Gearbox gives a shit enough for us to import choices so Rhys x Sasha will probs just be made cannon and ignore the Rhys x Fiona ending Press F Rhyiona Squad ;'(

• I hope they do something, it be a bit lame if we cant. (Im assuming Tales opening the vault scene will be somewhat important to the story so hopefully they do, but sadly Randy Pitchford a while ago on twitter basically said "Tales is Cannon but they will just pick and choose things" so, that probably means they are choosing whats "cannon")

They might, or maybe a sort of choice builder for those who played the game.

• edited March 2019

I was thinking the same about why it might be Sasha with the earrings. Its weird as hell that the teaser mask thing has Rhys and Vaughn on it but no sign of Sasha or Fiona. Like Im assuming they're in because I doubt they would put Rhys and Vaughn in but not Fiona and Sasha.

SASHA! It has to be her, look at the earrings. Hoist the sails, the Rhysha ship will sail once again. EDIT: Eh, looking back, I think that might be Moxxi.

• I've gone back to look, it might be Sasha, but I'm leaning a bit more towards Moxxi.

I was thinking the same about why it might be Sasha with the earrings. Its weird as hell that the teaser mask thing has Rhys and Vaughn on i

• edited March 2019

Also just noticed Rhys is where ever that city in the trailer is shown, more higher res picture you can see our the windows

Also I hope BL3 is more cinematic than before, trailer seems to imply it is, hopefully they took notes from Tales seeing as everyone loved that game for the story.

(also Im sure many people already know that the Atlus brand guns are coming back because Rhys is now CEO of Atlus, so he a rich boy now)

• I might be wrong, but does anyone think that might be the wreckage of Helios in this shot? Might be where Vaughn comes in.

• This is 100% Sasha,her body and everything i recognized her immediately.

Anyone think this may be Sasha?

• edited March 2019

TFW its gonna be Vaughn X Rhys (which I wouldn't be opposed too) cause this is what you get for having shipping wars.

• Apparently Vaughn now has a thicker beard and only wears a speedo so understandable

TFW its gonna be Vaughn X Rhys (which I wouldn't be opposed too) cause this is what you get for having shipping wars.

• Might be. Considering theres the "Children of the Vault" and Vaughn has "The Children of Helios" I wont be surprised.

I might be wrong, but does anyone think that might be the wreckage of Helios in this shot? Might be where Vaughn comes in.

• Also I still think the "fawks" guys is going to be Loader-Bot. Looks too similar.

• Oh fuck. Guys, look at this picture of Lilith.

Now take a look at this one.

Notice anything?
    She doesn't have her tattoos, a trademark of a siren in the Borderlands universe. Whatever happened, she lost her siren abilities.

• True that, I wouldn't even be mad.

Apparently Vaughn now has a thicker beard and only wears a speedo so understandable

• Nice catch!

Oh fuck. Guys, look at this picture of Lilith. Now take a look at this one. Notice anything? She doesn't have her tattoos, a trademark of a siren in the Borderlands universe. Whatever happened, she lost her siren abilities.

• During the scene where the scene changes every half second, we can see we are going to a Maliwan facility which appears to be in the same city Rhys is in, so inb4 Rhys tells us to destroy his competition or something

• Sooooooooo, Troy apparently hasnt been cast to play Rhys yet... um...

(actually thats really bad, game looks like its going to release this year, its beyond strange they wouldnt have recasted him by now)

• Oh if they recast our Tales characters I'm going to be pissed.

Sooooooooo, Troy apparently hasnt been cast to play Rhys yet... um... (actually thats really bad, game looks like its going to release this year, its beyond strange they wouldnt have recasted him by now)

• Sadly already looking like they are. The game is waaay too far in development for them to be putting Rhys in and Troy Baker knew nothing about it. Only hope is that Gearbox sees fan demand but I doubt we could get a rally big enough to happen. (but also why the fuck would Gearbox not want Troy Baker? I get he's a high profile Voice Actor but Im sure they could afford it.)

Going to be beyond disappointed if Rhys isnt voiced by Troy.

Oh if they recast our Tales characters I'm going to be pissed.

• This is fucking weird,also lol Troy Baker tagged Gearbox 4 times on twitter he seems to really want to voice him again which is good i hope it's not some other random dude.

Sadly already looking like they are. The game is waaay too far in development for them to be putting Rhys in and Troy Baker knew nothing abo

• Troy Baker absolutely loved playing as Rhys, he's talked highly about the character and his time playing him, so I'm not surprised that he would love to voice him again, even if his role isn't that big in the grand scheme of things. All Gearbox has to do is reach out to him, he'd pounce at the opportunity.

iFoRias posted: »

This is fucking weird,also lol Troy Baker tagged Gearbox 4 times on twitter he seems to really want to voice him again which is good i hope it's not some other random dude.

• Rhys was trending on twitter. I think there's a bigger fanbase than they considered.

Sadly already looking like they are. The game is waaay too far in development for them to be putting Rhys in and Troy Baker knew nothing abo

• I saw that too, really hope they hire him, often times if a game is revealed like this wheres its pretty obvious it will be released somewhat soon and a returning voice had no idea, it means they were recasted.

Hopefully the demand changes that. Also like @MetallicaRules said, Troy constantly talks about Rhys and how much he enjoyed the role. (Im fairly certain he did a live stream not long ago and he said Rhys was his favorite character to play) Id be bumbed for him to not get a chance to voice him again.

Rhys was trending on twitter. I think there's a bigger fanbase than they considered.

• Oh jeez, now I'm really worried. It won't be Rhys without Troy's voice.

Sooooooooo, Troy apparently hasnt been cast to play Rhys yet... um... (actually thats really bad, game looks like its going to release this year, its beyond strange they wouldnt have recasted him by now)

• That shit has me worried now i hope Troy is joking or something because if he hasn't done the lines for Rhys yet then like you said they probably recasted him and maybe they did it for the other Tales characters. I'll wait and see but damn i hope i'm wrong.

I saw that too, really hope they hire him, often times if a game is revealed like this wheres its pretty obvious it will be released somewha

• WHAT. THE. FUCK. HAVE GEARBOX DONE TO MY LILITH!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Did they just take her siren powers??!?!?!? GUYS I'M FREAKING OUT AND CRYING PLZ TELL ME MY FIREHAWK IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT!!?!?!?!?

• It looks like they did. People are saying that one of the twins, Troy, has the power to syphon the powers of other sirens, so this must be after he does it to Lilith. And I have to say, I may not like Lilith, but even I have to admit, seeing her scared and trying to crawl away is kind of heartbreaking.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. HAVE GEARBOX DONE TO MY LILITH!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? Did they just take her siren powers??!?!?!? GUYS I'M FREAKING OUT AND CRYING PLZ TELL ME MY FIREHAWK IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT!!?!?!?!?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Hey, @MetallicaRules, mind if I trim up your thread description and titles to include some of the info revealed in the panel?

• edited March 2019

I'm on the fence about Lilith on one hand i like her but on the other hand i want her to get what she deserves after punching Jack and ordering to kill Athena in the pre-sequel,but it looks like the baddies are stealing her powers/abilities so fuck that i hope she'll be alright.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. HAVE GEARBOX DONE TO MY LILITH!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? Did they just take her siren powers??!?!?!? GUYS I'M FREAKING OUT AND CRYING PLZ TELL ME MY FIREHAWK IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT!!?!?!?!?

• No one:

Borderlands 3 Rhys:

• Yeah, go ahead, I'm too lazy to do it.

dojo32161 posted: »

Hey, @MetallicaRules, mind if I trim up your thread description and titles to include some of the info revealed in the panel?

• Also Randy Pitchford responded to Rhys not being Troy and pretty much confirmed he's been recasted for whatever reason. Basically saying he thinks Troy is super talented and hopes to work with him again some day. So... yeah. Unlikely Troy is coming back sadly especially seeing he really wants to do it again. Sadly this also means the other Tales cast will probably not be the same (like if they didnt get Troy I doubt they got Chris Hardwick as Vaughn)

However atleast we know they saw people want Troy back, so maybe it will change.

• edited March 2019

Also, also, dont read if you want 0 spoilers for things like reutrning characters because BL3 did leak out a few months ago and its all been correct so dont read below:

But apparently Gortys will also be back to help find multiple vaults, Rhys will have a pretty large role, but we should expect lots of other cameos (so Fiona and Sasha should also be in)

Rhys role as Atlus seems to be major as an Atlus ship is used as a large HUD to travel from multiple planets, Rhys probably used the whole Vault of the Traveler to make this possible with teleportation. Also the bad guys apparently use to work for Atlus.

• So, I'm not really a fan of the core Borderlands games... (well, I like the story and lore, but I've tried to get into it and it's not really my thing. I might try again later though, since there are times where a game just doesn't fit for a while.)
    Anyway, I find myself pretty excited for this, mostly because the TFTB cast (of characters) is back, giving Telltale's most risky and financially flawed project a seemingly big impact on a big franchise. Judging from the comments of people on every social media platform, it seems they haven't been forgotten which is great!

However

Also Randy Pitchford responded to Rhys not being Troy and pretty much confirmed he's been recasted for whatever reason. Basically saying he thinks Troy is super talented and hopes to work with him again some day.

Rhys without Troy Baker is like a puppet with cut strings.
    Vaughn without Chris Hardwick is like a man without a soul.
    This game without the main VO cast of TFTB is a sin against nature itself.

• Damn that sucks. Unless the replacement sounds just like Troy Baker it's gonna be pretty jarring to hear him speak.

Also Randy Pitchford responded to Rhys not being Troy and pretty much confirmed he's been recasted for whatever reason. Basically saying he

• Well this fucking blows.

They have to get him back what would they gain by recasting the Tales character anyway ? It's stupid and no one wants that.

Also Randy Pitchford responded to Rhys not being Troy and pretty much confirmed he's been recasted for whatever reason. Basically saying he

• I hope we get to get to import our choices there was a leak about AI Handsome Jack coming back but not as a villain not sure if its true but that'd be great.

Also, also, dont read if you want 0 spoilers for things like reutrning characters because BL3 did leak out a few months ago and its all been correct so dont read below: (Spoiler)

• Its probably true seeing as it was part of a leak that leaked all other info thats been correct so far. Hopefully choices matter in someway so Jack acts different based on what you did with the eye. (I doubt theyll cut him completely if you crushed it) but sadly I think they are going with the "we chose whats cannon" type of thing.

iFoRias posted: »

(Spoiler)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.