Has Telltale Given Up on Sam and Max? [nope]

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Hello, how are you?
  • edited November 2009
    Yikes! Don’t sneak up on us like that!
  • edited November 2009
    I believe the edited thread title to be fairly honest.
  • edited November 2009
    Oh, you think that's a sign? Just because they've been reading our discussions on this board, and they probably don't want to make any big announcements until the excitement over the last chapter of ToMI is over? Really? Hmm, you might have a point ...
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Hello, how are you?

A little chilly at the moment. It's a bit of a blustery day outside. Also it's always cold in here weekdays. For some reason it's rarely a problem on weekends.
  • edited November 2009
    That's because Marin is jealous of San Francisco. During the week, everybody's stuck where they are, but on the weekend they're all free agents. Marin knows everyone's going to desert it for the City, so it tries to bribe you into staying by being sunny. "See! Let's see Ocean Beach top that!"
  • edited November 2009
    That's because Marin is jealous of San Francisco. During the week, everybody's stuck where they are, but on the weekend they're all free agents. Marin knows everyone's going to desert it for the City, so it tries to bribe you into staying by being sunny. "See! Let's see Ocean Beach top that!"

I wish Wisconsin would bribe me.
  • edited November 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I wish Wisconsin would bribe me.
    I wish Illinois, would bribe.
  • edited November 2009
    You know, any relationship is a two-way street ... when was the last time you guys told your states they were beautiful? Or bought them flowers? Or, yes, told them that you loved them?
  • edited November 2009
    Hmmmmmm.....

Yare said "hai" and Will said "hi".

Sounds like a big clue!

All we need now is another TTG person to post " 'lo " and we can really come up with some plot theories....
  • edited November 2009
    You know, any relationship is a two-way street ... when was the last time you guys told your states they were beautiful? Or bought them flowers? Or, yes, told them that you loved them?

I love my state and california, I bought her flowers...20 mins afte I posted that. :P
  • edited November 2009
    Oh, you think that's a sign? Just because they've been reading our discussions on this board, and they probably don't want to make any big announcements until the excitement over the last chapter of ToMI is over? Really? Hmm, you might have a point ...

I, for one, think TTG is just being a little wiseass and making a few random posts around to invalidate comments like mine about "No TTG employees have posted in any 'where is S3?' threads" simple as that.

Though I'm not saying I'm not happy to see Will (I miss seeing him and Jake on the forums, even S+M aside, they're both fun to hear from), Just that I'm going to try and read very deep into this Conspiracy! :D
  • edited November 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    *insert picture of Cheap, Evil-Smelling Beer™ here*

Note: Sam & Max S1 was the season that put Telltale Games on the map. Not making a Season 3 would be, at best, highly dumb, and at worst, business suicide. Plus there's now lots of old LucasArts fans about attracted by new Monkey Island and probably would happy to buy new Sam & Max. If you had said SBCG4AP, on the other hand...
  • edited November 2009
    Also, Should I point out that in NONE of the "where is S3?" threads has there been even ONE post from a TTG member. They are keeping their mouths shut because they know when they finally announce "Season 3 has been put on hold indeffinately" aka CANCELED, that it will evoke seering rage and a virtual lynch mob of all the fans that were so upset on the demise of the Lucus Arts Freelance Police.
    It's hard to argue with such a meticulously-researched conspiracy theory. Not even one post from a TTG employee, or any indication at all. You've got me convinced.

Another theory is that a very popular series is in progress and there are a lot of messages in another part of the forum taking up everyone's time right now, and that we'll announce something when we've got something to announce, which is what we've been saying all along.

But the real truth is a lot more boring: we've just been too busy holding the voice actors from Hit the Road hostage, that we haven't had time to work on any videogames. Oops!
  • edited November 2009
    Chuck wrote: »

But the real truth is a lot more boring: we've just been too busy holding the voice actors from Hit the Road hostage, that we haven't had time to work on any videogames. Oops!

Hunh, so thats where they are. Well feed them, and cloth them..Cause Disney's going to want Bill Farmer back..
  • edited November 2009
    sky-is-falling.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    Lol @Lolcatz
  • edited November 2009
    Pale Man, the Font of Lolcats ...
  • edited November 2009
    It's seems like all the expressions and everything can be..shown in lolcatz.
  • edited November 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    It's seems like all the expressions and everything can be..shown in lolcatz.

Are you implying that lolcats are the pinnacle of man's Art, because if so, I am so turning traitor to Humanity and siding with our alien Overlords once they make themselves known.
  • edited November 2009
    Oh, is that all? I was hoping for some sort of followup to Bosco's theory that Telltale has it in for him. You may think that a fictional character would not be able to get out any information that the writers don't want him to get out, but he's just that good at uncovering conspiracies.
  • edited November 2009
    It's hard to argue with such a meticulously-researched conspiracy theory. Not even one post from a TTG employee, or any indication at all. You've got me convinced.

I admit I missed the 1 TTG post in several hundred... it's easy to overlook a single post and I realize I should have been more careful with my wording and made it clear that no TTG employees had made any posts directly relevant to S+M S3 release.

I contend that the NWR article is outside the scope of this discussion because unless I'm mistaken it was not mentioned on this forum
    Another theory is that a very popular series is in progress and there are a lot of messages in another part of the forum taking up everyone's time right now, and that we'll announce something when we've got something to announce, which is what we've been saying all along.

I try very hard not to look at forums other than S+M else I gain a costly interest in other games. The only way I could afford to play S+M the 1 time I did was because I cheated Gametap out of several months of $0.99 subscription-fee by threatening to cancel my subscription... (which I wholly admit I will likely do again if S3 comes out on gametap)
  • edited November 2009

Ohhhhh, sassy! :p
  • edited November 2009
    I contend that the NWR article is outside the scope of this discussion because unless I'm mistaken it was not mentioned on this forum

Incorrect. There's a quote on page one of this very thread.
  • edited November 2009
    Incorrect. There's a quote on page one of this very thread.

no, that's IGN, not NWR :P lol
  • edited November 2009
    no, that's IGN, not NWR :P lol

Actually I think he means where I pulled the quote from the NWR article on page one of this thread and you can even link back to the original thread it came from and there's a big link that goes to NWR.

See this.
  • edited November 2009
    In short, I'm nicely being told GTFO, arent I?
  • edited November 2009
    Nah. You're being politely told that you were wrong, from a factual standpoint. It happens. Nobody can know everything about everything.
  • edited November 2009

If we were going to do that, we'd do it in a manner more like this:

gtfo.jpeg
  • edited November 2009
    Are you implying that lolcats are the pinnacle of man's Art, because if so, I am so turning traitor to Humanity and siding with our alien Overlords once they make themselves known.

Not at all, there is are tons of great art out there like...well...ummm..you know what give me a couple of days.
  • edited November 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    If we were going to do that, we'd do it in a manner more like this:
    --lolcat--

You are now my favorite forumite! Nearly all of your recent posts had lolcats in them *pounces on you and clings* heh heh heh *creepy voice* leeeeets be beeeest friends...... FOREVER! *manical laughter*

...er... sorry... I go out of my mind sometimes... I am greatful that nobody's mad and wants me to leave though. This place is a LOT more mature than some forums I've been on in the past (scary thought, I know, but true ;) lol)
  • edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure there will be a S&M Season 3. We just gotta sit tight and wait for the magic to happen.

I think that we have been sitting tight for a long, long, long, long time now.
    I would give anything for at least a teaser trailer!
    OMG... I,m going insane!:eek::D:o:rolleyes::mad::):(:confused:
  • edited November 2009
    I think that we have been sitting tight for a long, long, long, long time now.
    I would give anything for at least a teaser trailer!
    OMG... I,m going insane!:eek::D:o:rolleyes::mad::):(:confused:

"You crack me up little buddy"
  • edited November 2009
    Whenever I get S&M withdrawal symptons, I just go play Hit The Road/any of the Telltale episodes or watch the cartoon series again. I can wait a little while longer for S3 (not too long, though!).

Actually, I should go finish reading Surfin' the Highway.
  • edited November 2009
    You know what, Ashton, you're right. Telltale has given up on Sam and Max. Through my secret sources I have found out that the "dark" IP Dan Connors was talking about is a property more popular than Monkey Island, more contemporary than Strongbad or Wallace and Gromit and Jurgen was the first sign ... yes, Telltale's next series is based off of that cultural juggernaut of a book and film series ... Twilight! Telltale has truly sold out an forgotten us all ... :(
  • edited November 2009
    Through my secret sources I have found out that the "dark" IP Dan Connors was talking about ...

Well all that depends on which Dan Connors was saying that. There is an evil one

dconnors.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    yes, Telltale's next series is based off of that cultural juggernaut of a book and film series ... Twilight! Telltale has truly sold out an forgotten us all ... :(

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I think I need to go, and I need to put everything that was exposed to this...post and dip it in boiling water.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    You will all be amazed at how far our glitter-skin effect has come along!
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Will wrote: »
    You will all be amazed at how far our glitter-skin effect has come along!

We contracted some of the best vampires in the industry for ultimate realism.
  • edited November 2009
    nikasaur wrote: »
    We contracted some of the best vampires in the industry for ultimate realism.

Oooh! Did you also get Emo, sounding voice actors. So every line sounds overdrawn and whiny?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.