Has Telltale Given Up on Sam and Max? [nope]

1235»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Uhm... Why not buying it from Telltale Store instead?
  • edited December 2009
    Falanca wrote: »
    Uhm... Why not buying it from Telltale Store instead?

Season Cost: $40
    Monthly Gametap cost: $0.99

I could get YEARS of Gametap for the cost of 1 season of S+M
  • edited December 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    Season Cost: $40
    Monthly Gametap cost: $0.99

I could get YEARS of Gametap for the cost of 1 season of S+M

Their seasons are only $35, and the pre-order sale for Wallace and Gromit was only $26. I know that doesn't change your point much, just trying to make it more accurate. :p
  • edited December 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Their seasons are only $35

Isn't that 30$?

STILL doesn't change anything, but... Oh well, I'm more familar with Telltale store.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    In case there's any confusion, Gametap isn't involved with the upcoming Sam & Max season.
  • edited December 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    In case there's any confusion, Gametap isn't involved with the upcoming Sam & Max season.

WWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTT?!?!?!?

You mean your ONLY distributing it on XBL/STEAM?
    (did gametap gype you or soemthing? ;))

crap... that means I'm gonna have to acctually save to play them... (though on the other paw, atleast I will OWN them and ca re-play them all I want, as opposed to renting them off Gametap...)
  • edited December 2009
    Aww, and the relationship with Gametap has always been so good in the past. I feel sorry for them.
    Ashton, I think it's not that Gametap gypped them but just that Telltale is now rich enough to up-front the money themselves without anyone's help. So at least it's arguably a good sign.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    WWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTT?!?!?!?

You mean your ONLY distributing it on XBL/STEAM?

Wrong again. :) We haven't announced any platforms or dates. So, we're "ONLY" doing nothing, as of yet. Don't speculate, you'll only hurt yourself and others!
  • edited December 2009
    Wrong again. :) We haven't announced any platforms or dates. So, we're "ONLY" doing nothing, as of yet. Don't speculate, you'll only hurt yourself and others!

Can't we speculate just a little bit? It brings mystery to our poor dear S&M craving minds.
  • edited December 2009

...you've released ALL your prior games on PC, so we KNOW PC is a platform. (I mean I guess you *Could* go with a console-exclusive distribution system, but I think everyone here would agree that would be suiside for TTG)
  • edited December 2009
    Naah, I'm pretty sure PC is involved.

Though I did realize that they are giving more importance to Wii since SBCG4AP ("Coming only for Wii! ...also for PC"), but no no no. Adventure gaming EQUALS to PC. Doing such a thing would be the death of the whole Telltale in my eyes. You hear me? HUH?! Good.
  • edited December 2009
    Falanca wrote: »
    Isn't that 30$?

STILL doesn't change anything, but... Oh well, I'm more familar with Telltale store.

Not when they're brand new.
  • edited December 2009
    Not announcing where you'll release it, huh? You know what I think? Choose your own adventure book. Yep.
  • edited December 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Not announcing where you'll release it, huh? You know what I think? Choose your own adventure book. Yep.

Oh man, it's been YEARS since IV'e even seen one of those! I wish back then they'd had some wacky series like S+M in Choose your own Adventure!
  • edited December 2009
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I open my Zazzle Store just because I wanna save for the 3rd Season of Sam and Max. Really! ^^!

I saved 34.99 for season 3. I just hope they do a pre-order for it.
  • edited December 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I saved 34.99 for season 3. I just hope they do a pre-order for it.

Me too. Please...

But AFTER Zazzle deposit me the rest of the money I need... please give january for pre-orders!
  • edited December 2009
    "Only" doing nothing, eh?

My guess is that this means Season Three will not release on two platforms. Season Three will simultaneously release on PC, PS3, 360, Wii, PSP, DS, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, iPhone, and(as Lena_P said) Choose Your Own Adventure Book.

The game will later be ported to the Atari 2600, SNES, Amiga, and Apple II.
  • edited December 2009
    With a free bottle of Banang.
  • edited December 2009
    "Only" doing nothing, eh?

My guess is that this means Season Three will not release on two platforms. Season Three will simultaneously release on PC, PS3, 360, Wii, PSP, DS, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, iPhone, and(as Lena_P said) Choose Your Own Adventure Book.

Oh but will it be sold as a Disc or in Digital Download from XBL/PSN/WiiWare? That's the important question! lol

(and to fill a BD for PS3 they'd have to cram in a LOT of extras! lol)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.