Has Telltale Given Up on Sam and Max? [nope]

Comments

• nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Puttin' on your top hats, tying on your white ties, and brushin' off the Tales!

And Rather Dashing is right. Grossman definitely needs a monocle.

Is this why Will started singing Puttin' On The Ritz to me yesterday?

I'm not kidding about this, by the way. This HAPPENED.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Actually, Lena posted AFTER I got the song in my head. My original post was actually because I woke up with Puttin on the Ritz already looping in my subconscious.
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    ....The world just became a creepier (or classier?) place, ladies and gents.
  • edited December 2009
    I am amazed...I really...really am.
  • edited December 2009
    I am amused, very amused. ;)

I will say this, it sounds like you guys always have loads of fun on the job! of course from what I see here, and considering the games you work on, you all clearly have a screw loose, so it's impossible NOT to have fun in that kind of environment! :D
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    so it's impossible NOT to have fun in that kind of environment! :D

Oh when you are working your 80th hour for the week, it can be not fun. But it's a labor of love, so we keep at it, happily slaving away.
  • edited December 2009
    Now I REALLY wanna work there.
    XD
  • edited December 2009
    By the way telltale, are really making S&M season 3?
  • edited December 2009
    S&M
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Oh when you are working your 80th hour for the week, it can be not fun. But it's a labor of love, so we keep at it, happily slaving away.

Yeah I'm not sure working all those crazy hours and deadline after deadline would be that much fun.. The fans appreciate the end result though :)
  • edited December 2009
    Honestly, I'm truly amazed at how much gets done at Telltale. The office has a fun, friendly atmosphere, but everybody works dang hard at the same time, even if they don't wear business suits ;) It sounds odd, but I really do admire everybody who works at Telltale. They take their work very seriously without being really "corporate" about it or acting like annoying indie "auteur" types, either. It's hard to explain, but I guess I just really admire their work attitude.
  • edited December 2009
    Honestly, I'm truly amazed at how much gets done at Telltale. The office has a fun, friendly atmosphere, but everybody works dang hard at the same time, even if they don't wear business suits ;) It sounds odd, but I really do admire everybody who works at Telltale. They take their work very seriously without being really "corporate" about it or acting like annoying indie "auteur" types, either. It's hard to explain, but I guess I just really admire their work attitude.

QFT! I couldnt have said it better and I wont try to! It must be a great palce to work, all the creepyness balanced out with fun probably makes for an enjoyable environement even if you are slaving away with 80hour weeks!
  • edited December 2009
    I don't work at Telltale, just to be clear. I've just been lucky enough to go to some of their playtests, that's all. Don't want to give the wrong impression.
  • edited December 2009
    ahem http://samandmax2010.com/
    thread over
    Flame-You-Lose-I_win.jpg
  • edited December 2009
    yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Bring It!
  • edited December 2009
    People are going to kick my head in for this, but...

I dont think there is going to be a S3, or it will only come when TTG is desperate for a new release.

Even if it was the series that put them on the map, it's less profitable and has a narrower audience than most of their other games. (I'm acctually stunned that they're not cranking out CSI: games seeing that CSI: is more popular that it ever has been) S+M has a narrow audience because (1) it has "cartoon characters" which will automatically turn off a large number of adults ("its for kids") and in turn (2) most kids wont play it because of the mature content, then (3) the off-beat humor wont land with a lot of people, or will not be appareciated, (4) the semi-crude content will turn off most of the right-wing conservatives. This is not even counting that right now most games are FPS and lots of people will simply not want to buy an old-school point-and-click game.

On the other paw, for example, wallice and gromit (1) is well known to be all-ages (2) is kid friendly, (3) and (4) AFAIK contains no crude or off-beat humor to offend anyone. It's a very market-friendly game.

TOMI, from what I've heard (not played it yet) is also not as off-beat or crude as S+M and again doesnot evoke the "it's a kids game" like seeing an anthro dog and rabbity-thing.

Honestly, from a monitary PoV I see no reason for TTG to seriously persue S+M when they ahve other franchises that are much easier to sell and likely more popular overall.

Also, Should I point out that in NONE of the "where is S3?" threads has there been even ONE post from a TTG member. They are keeping their mouths shut because they know when they finally announce "Season 3 has been put on hold indeffinately" aka CANCELED, that it will evoke seering rage and a virtual lynch mob of all the fans that were so upset on the demise of the Lucus Arts Freelance Police.

They're stalling so people will buy their other games "while we wait for S3" and they are hoping we get addicted to those games so that when they cancel S+M we wont all boycot their products...

Wow, that's a lot of words to eat son :)
  • edited December 2009
    serializer wrote: »
    Wow, that's a lot of words to eat son :)

\,\,\, ';,,,;' \,\,\,
  • edited December 2009
    It's going to be awesome, and with that.
  • edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure there will be a S&M Season 3. We just gotta sit tight and wait for the magic to happen.

I just hope it's not as painful as the waiting time was between EMI and ToMI. I might have to hari-kari.
  • edited December 2009
    I just hope it's not as painful as the waiting time was between EMI and ToMI. I might have to hari-kari.

Don't mean to sound rude dude but that's hari-kiri (but that's OK it seems to be a common mistake) and also don't worry Telltale has been working on Sam & Max for years they know not to make us wait for over two years. That's when the game deprived mouth foaming sets in. :p (Just kidding)
  • edited December 2009

Um, It's coming in 2010.
  • edited December 2009
    Given Up?No Way check out this page:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax2010
  • edited December 2009
    Given Up?No Way check out this page:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax2010

Indeed they haven't last night, they have even said it's coming soon.
  • edited December 2009
    Harukuro wrote: »
    Don't mean to sound rude dude but that's hari-kiri (but that's OK it seems to be a common mistake) and also don't worry Telltale has been working on Sam & Max for years they know not to make us wait for over two years. That's when the game deprived mouth foaming sets in. :p (Just kidding)

Totally not rude, this dudETTE is actually rather thankful. Now I know the correct spelling. :D I won't have to look like a doofkus anymore (not in that one respect anyhow).

As for the 2010 comment... yes, I realize that my previous fear of having to wait longer... and longer... AND LONGER for another sequel is unfounded. Made that post before properly watching the END credits to ToMI Ch. 5. Serves me right for being impatient.
  • edited December 2009
    Harukuro wrote: »
    Don't mean to sound rude dude but that's hari-kiri

I always thought it was hara-kiri... are you sure it isn't? And isn't the proper name for it seppuku, anyways?
  • edited December 2009
    Wikipedia says hara kiri. I don't know either way, I always just said seppuku.
  • edited December 2009
    Aight Aight... I'm a farking idiot... you all GET what I mean though... just trying to express my terrible geeky need for good adventure gaming...

Seppuku... got it. Completely forgot the term until now.
  • edited December 2009
    Aight Aight... I'm a farking idiot... you all GET what I mean though... just trying to express my terrible geeky need for good adventure gaming...

Seppuku... got it. Completely forgot the term until now.

No that's OK. Seppuku seems like a more formal way of saying it anyway so either way works. Soo lets all chill out. :cool: I mess up on info all the time. Geeking out is always fun though.
  • edited December 2009
    I just hope it's not as painful as the waiting time was between EMI and ToMI.

I hope they do like the Matrix and release S3 and S4 back-to-back!

...what? I dont wanna have to wait another year before rejoining our favorite dog and rabbity-thing!
  • edited December 2009
    I hope they do like the Matrix and release S3 and S4 back-to-back!

...what? I dont wanna have to wait another year before rejoining our favorite dog and rabbity-thing!

Everything with moderation.
  • edited December 2009
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Everything with moderation.

yeah, but I cant afford to buy all these games, I wait for 2 seasons on Gametap and then get 2-3 months for $0.99 (provided they dont end the promotion by then) being broke is no fun...

Also once 301 comes out, I'll be leaving the forums untill the season finishes AND I have completed all 6 episodes. I _HATE_ spoilers...
  • edited December 2009
    yeah, but I cant afford to buy all these games, I wait for 2 seasons on Gametap and then get 2-3 months for $0.99 (provided they dont end the promotion by then) being broke is no fun...

I open my Zazzle Store just because I wanna save for the 3rd Season of Sam and Max. Really! ^^!
  • edited December 2009

Also once 301 comes out, I'll be leaving the forums untill the season finishes AND I have completed all 6 episodes. I _HATE_ spoilers...

Sooo ... you're saying that if they release seasons 3 and 4 back to back we won't see you for a year? Sure your "Season 3 is Totally Vaporware" spiels got a little annoying, but not so bad that the Telltales would go out of their way to get rid of you ... :p
  • edited December 2009
    I promise I can even post spoilers without tags, accidentally. So that you won't feel as if you've gone for nothing at all, you know...
  • edited December 2009
    Falanca wrote: »
    I promise I can even post spoilers without tags, accidentally. So that you won't feel as if you've gone for nothing at all, you know...

um... thanks?
    Sooo ... you're saying that if they release seasons 3 and 4 back to back we won't see you for a year? Sure your "Season 3 is Totally Vaporware" spiels got a little annoying, but not so bad that the Telltales would go out of their way to get rid of you ... :p

Part of that was the optimism of hte forum was grinding on me and getting annoying. Also a part of me DID want S+M to end - I always want to know how the story ends (and despite it, I never peek at the ending - I ruined a wonderful book that way once and never did it again) So a kinda wanted S+M to be over so the suspence would stop and the wonder about the future would end.

And also if they released 3+4 I could easily justify renewing gametap. As it is, I wont renew it untill, at the easliest, 306 so that I wont end up paying a month for each game. (And the irony here is that as big of a cheepscate as I am, I would feel guilty pirating it. After being on here and meeting the TTG team and all, I would feel bad ripping them off...)

So, untill I play all through the current season, I will vanish. This way I avoid spoilers. (Though if I find any S+M Awesomeness I might pop in to post it)
  • edited December 2009
    So, untill I play all through the current season, I will vanish. This way I avoid spoilers.

Yes, you will. But that's all because you forgot putting your email info in your profile.

*sigh* you get a lil idea in your head, and then watch it burn in merely seconds... Oh well.
  • edited December 2009
    You could always buy Sam and Max a season at a time. What do you mean by "paying a month for each game"?
  • edited December 2009
    You could always buy Sam and Max a season at a time. What do you mean by "paying a month for each game"?

I think Ashton's talking about the monthly subscription fee. If, say, I buy Season 3 as it's coming out through GameTap, I'll pay five monthly fees (or one for the whole year, depending). But if I wait to renew my subscription until all the episodes are released, I'll just need to pay for one month.
  • edited December 2009
    go here: samandmax2010.com
  • edited December 2009
    I think Ashton's talking about the monthly subscription fee. If, say, I buy Season 3 as it's coming out through GameTap, I'll pay five monthly fees (or one for the whole year, depending). But if I wait to renew my subscription until all the episodes are released, I'll just need to pay for one month.

Thank you, you explained it far better than I did.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.